Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Disillusionist posted:

An actual Raiders fan will probably give you a better answer than I, but it seems they're set at:

1. Tackle. Veldheer is pretty good when healthy and they just drafted Menelik Watson who hasn't played much due to injury.
2. Center
3. Tyvon Branch is a pretty good safety

That's all I know off the top of my head. Not sure how Sio Moore is doing but even if he's good they need more linebackers. I assume they need defensive lineman. They're starting Mike Jenkins so they need more quality corners. Woodson is having a good year but they need a replacement for him down the line. Their guards suck. They have some nice receivers but I'm not sure any of them is a true #1. And I don't know anything about their tight ends.

Pretty much anyone would help the Raiders right now.

If I had to guess I'd say DE or OLB, maybe WR if there's a playmaker available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Famous TV Dad posted:

The Chiefs have a really good defensive backs coach.

Al Harris is one of the Chiefs DB coaches!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pron on VHS posted:

Al Harris is one of the Chiefs DB coaches!

Who is an exceptionally good DB coach to hire back in Madden 2011.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Eli is going to utterly shred our secondary. It will not be pretty.

How is your pass rush? Because Eli was supposed to shred Carolina's too and we all know how that turned out. The Chargers should be favored, the Giants are really bad, and the game is in San Diego. It'll be a lovely game.

troofs posted:

Oh yeah I didn't put a serious comment in here yet:
My dream scenario is the giants trade down a spot or two with a team that wants a QB, take Matthews and get some extra 2nd-3rd round picks in either this draft or firsts in a future draft. I would also be really happy to have Clowney on the giants but I really don't think he's going to fix the team by himself.

Looking at the potential top 5, it looks something with these teams:

Vikings
Bucs
Jags
Giants
Rams?
Texans?

We are the only team in that group with a QB not as a central need. We should be able to get a couple picks out of someone who wants to jump up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
But yeah Emmitt Thomas is a great DB coach, he was like the only coach Reid kept from the previous regime.

Coached Brandon Carr up into what he is, improved on Sean Smith a lot, Eric Berry has finally lived up to his draft hype, even Kendrick Lewis aint bad. Also Cooper of course

Couldn't do much for Stanford Routt

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Pron on VHS posted:

But yeah Emmitt Thomas is a great DB coach, he was like the only coach Reid kept from the previous regime.

Coached Brandon Carr up into what he is, improved on Sean Smith a lot, Eric Berry has finally lived up to his draft hype, even Kendrick Lewis aint bad. Also Cooper of course

Yeah Reid kept him and Gibbs who also owns.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kim Jong Il posted:

His rise is so weird since he wasn't that good in college. Logan Ryan on the other hand, that dude is awesome and should have gone a round higher.

He was a receiver. I think part of it is it just took this long to develop into a corner. He's fast and he has a short memory. If he gets burned he's right back the next play. He has a crazy number of passes defended. Our other corner Sean Smith used to be a receiver too.

The Chiefs secondary has better hands than the receiving corps and that isn't an embellishment.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

How is your pass rush? Because Eli was supposed to shred Carolina's too and we all know how that turned out. The Chargers should be favored, the Giants are really bad, and the game is in San Diego. It'll be a lovely game.

Looking at the potential top 5, it looks something with these teams:

Vikings
Bucs
Jags
Giants
Rams?
Texans?

We are the only team in that group with a QB not as a central need. We should be able to get a couple picks out of someone who wants to jump up.

Carolina has an amazing front seven but their DBs did very well outside of it. There were more than a few coverage sacks.

I'm not sure where the Giants will pick though. They're 1-6 and will probably win a few more. Bucs, Jags, Rams, and Texans all look destined to not win again. That means the Giants have to compete against the Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Bills, Cardinals, Titans, and Redskins for the remaining top 10 spots. They could easily have a horrendous record and still fall out of the top 10 this year.

But, the good thing is almost every single one of those teams are in the market for a QB. No matter what, the Giants have trade value this year (they won't trade because they never trade and they'll take some dumb skill position player and ignore the O-line/LB corps again)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

He was a receiver. I think part of it is it just took this long to develop into a corner. He's fast and he has a short memory. If he gets burned he's right back the next play. He has a crazy number of passes defended. Our other corner Sean Smith used to be a receiver too.

The Chiefs secondary has better hands than the receiving corps and that isn't an embellishment.

:laffo: Sean Smith does not have good hands. At all. If he did he would have been all pro in Miami, evn though he gave up huge touchdowns ever so often. He dropped something like 7 INTs one season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well that sucks, didn't know that and haven't seen it yet. The more I know.

edit: to stay on topic, the development of Marcus Cooper is huge for the Chiefs because corner would have been #1 on my 1st round wish list.

Now they can draft a wide receiver or a tight end. I'd be delighted if Austin Seferian-Jenkins was available. Even when he wasn't injured Travis Kelce looked to suck all around.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 25, 2013

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Doltos posted:

Carolina has an amazing front seven but their DBs did very well outside of it. There were more than a few coverage sacks.

I'm not sure where the Giants will pick though. They're 1-6 and will probably win a few more. Bucs, Jags, Rams, and Texans all look destined to not win again. That means the Giants have to compete against the Vikings, Raiders, Browns, Bills, Cardinals, Titans, and Redskins for the remaining top 10 spots. They could easily have a horrendous record and still fall out of the top 10 this year.

But, the good thing is almost every single one of those teams are in the market for a QB. No matter what, the Giants have trade value this year (they won't trade because they never trade and they'll take some dumb skill position player and ignore the O-line/LB corps again)

The Texans looked capable with Keenum against the best defense in the NFL, I think the texans will win more games than us. That Vikings/Giants game really hit home how bad we are because the vikings played some of the worst football I've ever seen and we still didn't really put them away till late. We are baaaaaaad.

There are a lot of bad teams in the NFL right now but there is no way we escape the top 10, not a loving chance. We could end up at pick 7 or 8 if we get lucky though. Looking at our remaining schedule:

@Eagles - Possible win
Bye
Raiders - Possible Win
Packers - hahahaha
Cowboys - outside chance, depending on who is hurt
@Redskins -Possible Win
@Chargers - outside chance
Seahawks - lol
@Lions - lol
Redskins - Possible Win

We likely won't beat the Redskins twice, and all of these are merely possible wins. There is a very good chance we could lose all of them. We are really, really bad. I smell 4-12.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 25, 2013

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I think Keith Price is an NFL prospect, I watch every Ducks game and he seems more NFL ready than Mariota (who is really inaccurate). Aaron Murray does not look good at all.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Aaron Murray is also playing with like his eight string receivers and running backs now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Febreeze posted:

The Texans looked capable with Keenum against the best defense in the NFL, I think the texans will win more games than us. That Vikings/Giants game really hit home how bad we are because the vikings played some of the worst football I've ever seen and we still didn't really put them away till late. We are baaaaaaad.

There are a lot of bad teams in the NFL right now but there is no way we escape the top 10, not a loving chance. We could end up at pick 7 or 8 if we get lucky though. Looking at our remaining schedule:

@Eagles - Possible win
Bye
Raiders - Possible Win
Packers - hahahaha
Cowboys - outside chance, depending on who is hurt
@Redskins -Possible Win
@Chargers - outside chance
Seahawks - lol
@Lions - lol
Redskins - Possible Win

We likely won't beat the Redskins twice, and all of these are merely possible wins. There is a very good chance we could lose all of them. We are really, really bad. I smell 4-12.

I did a write up of that when the Giants dropped to 0-4. I figured that we had a shot to go 5-11. Of the remaining schedule, I feel like we'll take down one game from the Skins, beat the Raiders, and upset one of the rest. That would put us at 4-12 possibly. That would be good enough for around picks 4-8.

Still though, you never know with the Giants. Last time they were tanking all season they inexplicably sucked out a win against the Jets and that ended up costing them a bunch of picks when they moved up for Eli. I wouldn't put it past Coughlin to end the season on a positive note by loving over the draft position for a couple of meaningless wins.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

MourningBoo posted:

Aaron Murray is also playing with like his eight string receivers and running backs now.

Imagine losing a potential 50 grand every time your RS Freshman WR drops a ball

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

vaginal culture posted:

I think Keith Price is an NFL prospect, I watch every Ducks game and he seems more NFL ready than Mariota (who is really inaccurate).

I was surprised Price wasn't on Bewbies list. I'm thinking he's a 3rd or 4th round pick at least.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Declan MacManus posted:

I was surprised Price wasn't on Bewbies list. I'm thinking he's a 3rd or 4th round pick at least.

Bewbies is just one man and it's hard to have a comprehensive list of every eligible player out there. That being said I think Price is playing his way into actually getting drafted, but 3rd or 4th round is a bit of a reach.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

Definitely

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

vaginal culture posted:

I think Keith Price is an NFL prospect, I watch every Ducks game and he seems more NFL ready than Mariota (who is really inaccurate). Aaron Murray does not look good at all.

I mean, if you like throwing bubble screens, checkdowns, and slants all day, sure, and he is really accurate at those. However, he has next to no downfield accuracy, he's had 2-3 batted passes a week over the past month or so, and has a history of bad decision making and being dinged up. I'd say he's a 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

I am so negative about my own college team's NFL prospects :sigh:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

Kendrick Lewis is kinda bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't say this often or without exhaustive research...

Kendrick Lewis is a pussy and needs to be replaced like yesterday.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

I mean, if you like throwing bubble screens, checkdowns, and slants all day, sure, and he is really accurate at those. However, he has next to no downfield accuracy, he's had 2-3 batted passes a week over the past month or so, and has a history of bad decision making and being dinged up.

Sounds like the next Rams QB to me. Would be a perfect fit for the Brian Schottenheimer system.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

vaginal culture posted:

I wouldn't say Mariota is "really inaccurate." It's true that his accuracy is inconsistent, but the fall-off from last year to this year is largely because the Ducks have been throwing downfield a lot more often. Despite his drop in completion percentage, his YPA has gone up by nearly 2.5 yards. Oregon's undersized receivers don't give him a whole lot of help, either, especially when they're dropping his passes.

Speaking of Oregon receivers, is Josh Huff a prospect? He's really come on this year after struggling with injuries his sophmore and junior years. He's an impressive athlete and actually filled De'Anthony Thomas's hybrid role to some extent his freshman year. Seems like his main issue would be below-average size and below-average hands for the NFL.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Mariota can just plain miss in baffling ways, and can't reliably hit out routes, I think the right scheme could work around this and he'd be good.

For Huff I dont see it, he is undersized, and a bit injury prone, his main asset is he's an incredible blocker. Bralon Addison is the real prospect at WR, a Percy Harvin type, but he has another year at least.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
All I want for Chicago in this draft is pass-rushers. I don't care what round or even what scheme they fit, just somebody who can replace Henry Melton's torn ACL and Julius Peppers' disappearing act. Who should I be hoping falls to the middle of the 1st, where the Bears will inevitably end up picking? Anthony Barr? Anybody think Will Sutton could end up in the 2nd-3rd round? If he gets back down to the 270-280 range, I could see him as an LDE on early downs and an interior pass-rusher in the nickel.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

vaginal culture posted:

Mariota can just plain miss in baffling ways, and can't reliably hit out routes, I think the right scheme could work around this and he'd be good.

It's not baffling. He has lovely footwork which will always lead to inconsistent passes.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

:laffo: Sean Smith does not have good hands. At all. If he did he would have been all pro in Miami, evn though he gave up huge touchdowns ever so often. He dropped something like 7 INTs one season.

Cooper had bad hands too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It won't be surprising at all but I'm gonna be sad as heck when Brock Jensen doesn't get drafted.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
University of Washington chat:

Keith Price has the athleticism and leadership to excite scouts, but i'm not convinced he will make it as an NFL quarterback. Steve Sarkisian stripped down the playbook this season to hide his weaknesses in the passing game, so most of his stats come from screens and designed running plays. As much as I've enjoyed watching him play, he doesn't possess the skills that make me feel like he'll contribute at the next level. A 3rd-4th round projection is way too generous.

Bishop Sankey might surprise people during his pre-draft workouts, but those people only haven't been paying attention. He makes up for his lack of size with elite vision and power. Good luck trying to tackle him in the open field. I think a 2nd round grade is fair for now. Whoever drafts him won't regret it.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins drew some red flags for his offseason DUI and quiet production this year, but I don't think NFL scouts will care about that when it's time to evaluate. Despite the down stats, he still measures up as arguably the best tight end in the country and his blocking seems to have improved this season. Easy first-round pick in my book.

Kasen Williams might end up as an UDFA. He showed flashes but hasn't done enough to live up to the recruiting hype. I'll be surprised if anyone drafts him.

Sean Parker has been one of the best players on the defense this year. He's too small to handle the load at safety in the NFL, but could carve out a niche as a solid nickel back. 6th-7th rounder.

Washington is rightfully mocked for its lack of success, but we still have our fair share of NFL talent. Donald Butler and Mason Foster are defensive leaders on their respective teams, Jake Locker seems to have gotten things together in his third year, and even Jermaine Kearse may have found some hands.

We have good talent, y'all. Too bad they will never see a Rose Bowl.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 26, 2013

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Isn't Anthony Barr more of a 34 OLB/DE type? I can't believe how good he is for UCLA this year, especially with how close he was to coming to ND. But of course, he wanted to play RB, not LB. :doh:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Fussy Dutchman posted:

Isn't Anthony Barr more of a 34 OLB/DE type? I can't believe how good he is for UCLA this year, especially with how close he was to coming to ND. But of course, he wanted to play RB, not LB. :doh:

Barr can easily play the weakside in a 4-3.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Quest For Glory II posted:

Everyone says the Jags are in lock for the #1 pick but the Bucs are so inept and injury riddled that they've got to be in play too. They may be a more talented team but wins and losses are not always about talent. And they're likely to be with an interim coach soon as well.

I dunno if Henne or Glennon is more likely to accidentally win a game for their team. Glennon doesn't really seem to want to try to throw aggressively and he gets worse and worse over the course of every game. But Henne is.. Henne.

It'll be close. The Jags have only played one divisional game so far and that was the Colts which are far and away the cream of the crop in the AFC South this year. It's always possible that they'll sneak a win from the Titans/Texans, and they have the Browns on their schedule as well, but this team is so bad on all fronts -- while every other team has at least SOMETHING good about them, be it defense or rushing game or whatever -- that I think they've got a solid 50/50 shot at least of going 0-16. Their best shot for a win might be in week 17 if the Colts rest their starters, but if they're competing with the Chiefs/Broncos/Patriots for playoff seeding still, that might not even happen.

I think Henne could put up points against a middling defense, especially with Blackmon back, but at the same time, the Jags have only held one team under 20 points this season...and that was the Raiders. And four teams have scored 34+ points on them. And playing against a defense that's similarly only held an offense sub-20 points once this season (Broncos)? ...The Jags scored those 19 points.

It's hard to find the words to describe just how bad this team is. They're the Lucky 7 of professional football.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

University of Washington chat:

Keith Price has the athleticism and leadership to excite scouts, but i'm not convinced he will make it as an NFL quarterback. Steve Sarkisian stripped down the playbook this season to hide his weaknesses in the passing game, so most of his stats come from screens and designed running plays. As much as I've enjoyed watching him play, he doesn't possess the skills that make me feel like he'll contribute at the next level. A 3rd-4th round projection is way too generous.

Bishop Sankey might surprise people during his pre-draft workouts, but those people only haven't been paying attention. He makes up for his lack of size with elite vision and power. Good luck trying to tackle him in the open field. I think a 2nd round grade is fair for now. Whoever drafts him won't regret it.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins drew some red flags for his offseason DUI and quiet production this year, but I don't think NFL scouts will care about that when it's time to evaluate. Despite the down stats, he still measures up as arguably the best tight end in the country and his blocking seems to have improved this season. Easy first-round pick in my book.

Kasen Williams might end up as an UDFA. He showed flashes but hasn't done enough to live up to the recruiting hype. I'll be surprised if anyone drafts him.

Sean Parker has been one of the best players on the defense this year. He's too small to handle the load at safety in the NFL, but could carve out a niche as a solid nickel back. 6th-7th rounder.

Washington is rightfully mocked for its lack of success, but we still have our fair share of NFL talent. Donald Butler and Mason Foster are defensive leaders on their respective teams, Jake Locker seems to have gotten things together in his third year, and even Jermaine Kearse may have found some hands.

We have good talent, y'all. Too bad they will never see a Rose Bowl.

Donald Butler loving owns and I love him

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fussy Dutchman posted:

He certainly could play either OLB position in a 3-4, I personally don't see him as an optimal down lineman in any scheme but he could probably do it anyway. I think his best role is probably something similar to how Denver uses Von Miller, that is, as a kind of "rover" pass rusher/general terror in a 4-3. I feel like his coverage ability and range would be a bit wasted in a 3-4.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Bewbies if Mariota has an above average arm and average accuracy why is he rated as a 1st round talent? You're not alone in this, alot of what you hear now is that hes going to be a 1st round pick.

If its because of read option possibilities I don't think you can add serious stock to that aspect of his game if he has deficiencies in accuracy. Running the read option in the NFL means the QB has to be able to open receivers consistently and be able to stretch the field vertically.

Then again I haven't seen much of him (east coast bias).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Locker had an above average arm and below average accuracy and he was the #10 pick so there's obviously more to it than just those factors.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

commy gun posted:

Bewbies if Mariota has an above average arm and average accuracy why is he rated as a 1st round talent? You're not alone in this, alot of what you hear now is that hes going to be a 1st round pick.

If its because of read option possibilities I don't think you can add serious stock to that aspect of his game if he has deficiencies in accuracy. Running the read option in the NFL means the QB has to be able to open receivers consistently and be able to stretch the field vertically.

I think Kaepernick has shown teams you don't need to be accurate to be productive anymore

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kaep has a cannon and can stretch the field.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Kaepernick with a clean throwing motion is probably the first overall pick in that draft, and certainly 20+ picks higher than he actually went. Mariota compares fairly well to Kaepernick in terms of tools and skills - he's probably a little more accurate, doesn't have the level of competition concerns (plus you've got three more years indicating this type of quarterback is a good thing), and is a comparable runner, though he has a little worse raw arm strength - and has a clean, fluid, quick throwing motion. Ergo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

commy gun posted:

Mariota isn't Manziel. The question isn't so much whether Mariota's arm makes him a first round pick or not, but whether it's good enough that you take him over Bridgewater, who is a better thrower but purely a pocket passer

• Locked thread