Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I'm guessing you burned out on the name comments because my man....you missed Clowney and Dix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
A team should be happy with Stafford imo

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
please stop responding to mcmagic how many times must it be said

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

Not to mention over 8 YPA. He's 6th in the league in YPA, 4th in TDs and yards, 8th in percentage. I think he's OK.

It's funny, I wouldn't say Dalton has any elite skills but he's still really good and productive. I think I look forward to the Browns playing him more than Big Ben just because Dalton isn't some fucktard golem you can't tackle so at least when we get a good rush we get a sack out of it. But yeah Dalton and the Bengals offense moves the ball pretty easily so it doesn't matter if he could theoretically throw it five yards fewer than Matt Stafford or whoever.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
It's all still up in the air, but if Clowney proves himself absolutely incredible at DE then you just take him and take a QB in round 2. And sign Jason Campbell or Matt Schaub or Josh Freeman or whoever hits the market that year. I don't think trading down is a wise option, it's hard to get a fair return for it.

jeffersonlives posted:

Throwing picks away on a quarterback just because that's what you're "supposed" to do is how you get in Jacksonville's talent paucity scenario to begin with.

If that's the only reason, then yeah, but if Bridgewater or Mariota or any QB has a top-5 grade (which they do, it seems) then it would be JUST because that's what they're supposed to do, it would also be a defensible pick in its own right.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Roasted Donut posted:

MACtion, bitch.

Who you guys scoping with your top 5 pick my man

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
RGIII

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Blitz7x posted:

The Raiders were so bad in the 2000's from a good mixture of both, but the coaching played a huge role. Oakland ran pretty much ONLY Man coverage due to Al Davis' insistence. If certain plays weren't called "right" he'd call down the field from the Owners box and make the calls himself. So yeah

I miss al

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Oh God Cleveland trading up for Mettenberger I wish this was real

Also, I was very excited to see this draft and be mad about who they have the Steelers taking. But I would be down with either Jace Amaro or Cyrus Kouandjio so I cant even be mad.

The browns already have the Colts' first round pick welcome to week 3

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

first of all flip @Colts to a W

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Declan MacManus posted:

It's all so clear now

oh so the Fins get a winning record and you up and forget How It Is when you're thinkin draft starting week 14

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
One prospect over another ain't worth the pain of seeing the Raiders defeat your team tho

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i don't know if "less of a friend of the family" is really a comparison you racist piece of poo poo!!!!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
One of the hardest things about Jason Campbell starting for the Browns is announcers asserting he has "mobility" and just thinking, well, not at all, but gently caress we just started Brandon Weeden so I guess they're kinda right

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
The Daltos Game is walking crowded streets with your head bobbing up and down, constantly guessing the race of the people in front of you based on rear end, Thighs or Both (half credit)

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think the biggest mistake that most people make is thinking that teams have good information about what other teams are after. Teams largely have no idea after the earliest picks and that's when they start worrying about whether a player they like will be available later on. I'm more of the mind that if you get the guys you want, then some minor "reaching" isn't a bad thing.

Yep I remember getting all Mad at people here for laughing at the Browns for that one Chuck Klosterman article when he was in their draft room. People were laughing at them for like watching ESPN to see what other teams were gonna do. Like what do we think they have spies in the Jaguars and Titans draft rooms secretly texting them like the Departed or some poo poo grahhh

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Yep that ain't very useful info at this stage

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I thought they pissed themselves because depending on position some guys want to weigh more so they go nuts drinking water before weigh-in

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Mack and Ward both have very good reason to leave, and I think both said the Chud firing would influence their decision. So if nothing else firing Chud lost the Browns two starters yay

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Grozz Nuy posted:

It seemed like Mack was already disgruntled even before the Chud firing, wasn't there some story during the offseason that he was pissed that management never even approached his camp about an extension before his walk year?

That happens all the time and both sides get past it though. But either way yeah he can't be happy with the front office now

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
poo poo I didn't know "OL" was just one category. Otherwise I'd say Mack if we could just do the average of the top 5 centers. Hm...I've been so down on Ward recently but overall he is above average.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
If you need 6 yards, don't run it

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Aniki posted:

Are there any other Arab American QBs besides Jeff George and Johnny Manziel? I'm half-jokingly waiting for scouts to start stereotyping Arab QBs.

Edit: Doug Flutie and while not a QB, the venerable Rich Kotite are also Arab American.

Did not know that about any of those guys. Do any of them identify as Arab-American? Flutie's great-grandfather immigrated from Lebanon, Wikipedia tells me, but is that a close enough tie for him to see himself as Arab-American?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Doltos posted:

I wouldn't start either of them. If my QB goes down I'd much rather have McCarron waiting in the wings than Boyd. You won't be more likely to win with either but you'd be more likely to lose with Boyd.

So either you don't really get logic or you think McCarron is more likely to cause your team to tie

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I think everyone understood what he meant. He won't win you guys by himself but he's much less likely to melt down and lose them singlehandedly

I understood nothing. Me

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Ehud posted:

Aaron Rodgers first year starting:

4038 yards
28 TD / 13 INT
93.8 QB Rating

Yeah they went 6-10, but his play shouldn't have been cause for concern. If Packers fans were freaking out, then they were dumb.

Good God I would literally...cry if a Browns QB put this up. I'd sob and hit my dick

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I hope teams look at the offseason as a whole unit and say "We need to come out of this offseason with two starting-caliber safeties. Right now we have zero." But then hopefully they don't care whether they get the safeties through the draft or in free agency.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I think comp picks are a really stupid idea.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

I googled "pickles quarterback" and all I got was Jimmy Clausen's wiki page for some reason, and a Rugrats all grown up fanfic where Tommy Pickles is a high school football star who wants to bang Lil. Who are you talking about?

re: Gruden, that's how he reacted to Tyler loving Wilson, so I don't think the bar is very high.

Pickles is Clausen's nickname because of his last name and because spelling doesn't matter any more

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
not to mention Pup Bo suggested a Ravens game was better

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
So the game was your reading and the ending was your posts

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Well this is a great conversation fellas but

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

Who do you want the Browns to get at 4, Rap? Clowney?

Yeah it's my understanding that he's the best prospect in the whole draft. Outside of him, I mean, I think I lean toward the pocket passer model so I'd say Bridgewater or Bortles but it's hard to say. A team could probably win with Manziel.

Mostly I'd rather not see us trade to move up. Want that second first-round pick more than I want Manziel over Bridgewater or Bridgewater over Manziel or whatever the preference is.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Hardfl1p posted:

stick to the lgbt and bullying threads, if you dont want to read posts about football

that's a really good idea that i definitely like

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

NippleFloss posted:

I don't think there's any way that Clowney is around at 4. I think St Louis either takes him or trades back with a team that wants him. I guess I just can't see the first 3 picks all being qbs, which is the only way Clowney falls to 4.

Yep same. I've seen mocks putting people like OT Greg Robinson in the top 3 and poo poo but I don't really buy it. In drafts lacking QBs, like 2013's, you might see some of these OTs as top picks because teams go the safe route (where Dion Jordan, Barkevious or Ziggy Ansah might represent the not-safe route). But in drafts with huge QB prospects, 2012 for instance, I think you see QBs and marquee skill players go together at the top (Trent, Justin Blackmon, Mo Claiborne). I think maybe teams start to think about impact guys they want if they can't have a QB.

Either way, even if that's not true, Clowney has the high rep to get taken in the top 3 for sure.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, there's a really small chance that trading their other first would end up worth it. I'm all in for Clowney, but I'd probably look towards Barr or something if he wasn't there. Not sure how I feel about drafting a top QB with a roster this lovely. Browns actually have enough pieces that they could make it work, with some luck.

Ol Walter suggests Sammy Watkins for the Raiders?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Doltos posted:

I'm sure Nawrocki doesn't mind if he's getting used either way. He's obviously a hack but even hacks need to make a paycheck.

actually only hacks need to make a paycheck

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Ugh how does he not go by Bob

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
how can i work in my hatred of women into this brief football prospect writeup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Doltos posted:

It's an ultra tough decision. Might be the hardest choice for a team in the history of having a #1.

Basically Houston is set at many positions and had an incredible down year due to the play of a single position. That turn around from a playoff team to a 2-14 team doesn't happen often, especially when that 2-14 team has the potential to be a playoff contender again with the right QB. All signs point to them needing to take one, but they also happen to have a generational prospect at a position that is historically extremely tough to get stability at.

I wouldn't want to be in the Texans shoes right now.

Wouldn't this theoretically be an ideal situation for trading down? When there's a prospect everyone else seems to value more than you might, you trade down. In this case it's not that Houston values Clowney less but that they'd like that QB they could take a few picks later.

• Locked thread