Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

EnterYourNameHere posted:

Since the Bengals will never ever spend a high pick on a safety for whatever stupid reason this is pretty much going to be a straight BPA draft which will own
If they somehow end up picking late (they won't), maybe. Heir to Reggie Nelson: HaHa Clinton-Dix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

So is anyone going to the draft this year? My crew and I are planning to make it three years in a row for Day 1, but I'll probably stay home days 2 and 3. We did all of day 3 earlier this year and that poo poo is pretty grueling.
How do you get a ticket for the draft?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Febreeze posted:

I've never met a bad Bengals fan.
I went to my first game a few weeks ago and they were all very nice, even to the Browns fans that were in our section. As a side note, all very fat.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Bengals will go QB in the first. No particularly glaring need is staring at them in the face, with lots of depth at every position, and with Josh Johnson on a one year contract/Greg McElroy on the practice squad, can someone tell me why Tajh Boyd will make me the saddest person ever?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Doctor Candiru posted:

McCarron is only an average quarterback at best, and that's when he's absolutely surrounded with incredible talent
So he's gonna go to the Beng...

Doctor Candiru posted:

and superb coaching.
...oh

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Most of Cincinnati's CBs are old and/or broken. They're going CB in the first barring them going nuts in free agency.

Linebacker is also an option.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Azhais posted:

Walter has the same top two, but went with Clowney to Jax:
I have done practically 0 research but I thought Ifo was considered the best CB in the draft. How does he fall so far here?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It looks like there's a chance Clowney would fall to Oakland.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Why would the Jags take Clowney if they desperately need a QB?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Coldforge posted:

David Fales is being criminally overlooked. Doesn't have a huge arm, but makes quick reads and good decisions, and knows when to take risks. He's basically Andy Dalton without the "suck" coinflip.
We'll take him!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

bewbies posted:

The center class is the weakest I can remember.
Nooooooooooo the Bengals really need an upgrade there. :(

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

- Le'Veon Bell
Was he a reach? I remember everyone went nuts after his combine and he was projected to be the first RB off the table and that ended up being not far off.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Aniki posted:

Bridgewater going to the Vikings at 8 would be an absolute best case scenario. I don't think it will happen, but I would be ecstatic if it did. For guys familiar with Zimmer and the Bengals, what kind of players does he target in terms of physical attributes or personality?
He likes his defensive players strong as poo poo. This often means they aren't particularly rangy/athletic, but they're a fuckton of strength. He was gifted a player in the draft last year and he took Margus Hunt. He also wanted James Harrison (who as you mentioned, very rarely used). Our linebackers aren't bad but outside of Emmanuel Lamur (IR'd last year, ex-safety) none are particularly strong in coverage.

Personality wise, he likes them like Marvin did: quiet.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Hunt barely saw any snaps this year from what I can tell and I haven't really read much about him outside of what I saw pre-draft. Did he not show much of anything during the season or did he sit a lot because he's still raw as all hell? I was really enamored with the idea of the Jets taking him should he fall to them at 39 (the Geno pick) last year.
He's very raw. He was never supposed to dress this year, but injures forced their hand. He wasn't particularly good but got better with time, even if all he knew how to do is bullrush everyone in sight.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Garoppolo played for Romo's alma mater? Is he................................. clutch?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

HMS Beagle posted:

Pretty sure the Idaho State Bengals team is just Jared Allen and Evan Dietrich-Smith shoving each other for 60 minutes.
That shoving would be coached by Marvin Lewis.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
It looks like the Georgia player the Bengals may be targeting this year is Aaron Murray. Thoughts on him?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

The Bengals needs are pretty much spot on and, barring a top qb falling in their lap in the 1st, I think it's a virtual lock they'll go CB and then QB with their first two picks.
Considering Johnson is gonna leave, QB will end up being a 4th-5th round selection. If both Johnson and Collins leave, they may not pick QB at all.

They'll also likely pick up an inside OL guy.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Fussy Dutchman posted:

So who's gonna draft Louis Nix? He's easily my favorite ND player of Kelly's time. It's nuts how quick he is for being like 330.
If all the good CBs are nabbed before the Bengals pick, I could see them grabbing him.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I kind of hope they go DT, LB, CB, QB. I want a first round CB but the first rounders like Gilbert/Dennard will probably be gone by the Bengals first pick and having competition for Peko (old), Thompson (cool), and Still (lame) would be awesome. In that scenario I hope for Nix/Borland/McGill/Murray.

Then another one of their patented late-round DEs.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 13, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I can't help but feel bad for any team that would draft Manziel over Bridgewater.
Paging Roasted Donut.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

They usually ran man coverage but did a little bit of everything.
I think they did a lot of zone when Hall went down.

I still remember when they only rushed two against the Steelers :negative:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I just did that Fanspeak draft program cause I was bored at work.

My erection can be seen from space. Even got the elusive young returner the Bengals never land.
I hate you as a person.

loving Boyd as the back-up.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Isn't it perfect?
You picked 2 RBs, a bad QB, and a kicker. The Bengals have 4 RBs, 2 backups better than Boyd, and 2 kickers. You could also probably get a decent center later in the draft, especially considering the Bengals love Kyle Cook and he has 1 year left on his dumb contract and Robinson/Pollak are centers.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 10, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals chat rules the school :kamina:

Eifert Posting posted:

I picked one rb and a kick returner. This makes Ben Tate no longer a thing. Mike Nugent is old and sucks at kickoffs, even though I love him.

Tajh Boyd wins a competition with Josh Johnson, are you kidding me? I'm a Gamecocks fan and I'll admit this.

They love Cook but he sucks. It's pretty telling that they replace one blech UDFA with another and the replacement is better. Center is by far the weakest position on offense, it's not close.
Yeah, the KR is going to take up an RB spot. That's 2 RBs. BJGE is gone after this year and you can get a good replacement either next year or he's probably on the roster already (Rex Burkhead). Who are you letting go to make room?

Even if Boyd is an upgrade over Johnson, it's not a big one. Maybe not even a big upgrade over McElroy (but a huge upgrade over Robinson, so points there). I'd rather take Mettenberger or Murray a few rounds earlier (3-4).

Cook does suck but you could get a good replacement in later rounds and pick up a good LB/DL for the future, which is probably what they'll do.

Alouicious posted:

Josh Johnson is pretty cool and good though, and Tahj Boyd is fat
yeah

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Goetta posted:

Bengals will need some depth at tackle at some point since Collins is likely leaving, unless you want to have loving Dennis Roland at LT if someone gets hurt.
I agree. They could draft an OT early and develop him or see what happens with Tanner Hawkinson. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up Xavier Su'a-Filo if he falls to the second, either. Rushing back Boling won't help anyone and moving Whitworth to OT again for a season or two would be fine.

vvvv honestly I think they do it but the way they constantly play chicken with their free agents is SO ANNOYING

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 10, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Great, now I did one.

I'd also pick up Dezmen Southward in free agency and bring back Chris Pressley for fullback.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Goodness that's bad.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ozu posted:

Daniel Jeremiah's latest mock has Bridgewater to the Browns, at 26. Heh.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/195602
I can't imagine the Bengals passing Bridgewater if he falls to them. They said QB was off limits in round 1 but that is too big of an opportunity. They also said they wouldn't go WR in round 1 but if Watkins took a dramatic fall they'd scoop him up.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Colt Lyerla's latest gambits are a personal apology tour with NFL executives and firing at least two agents. He will get drafted on Day 3 and make some team's fans go crazy.
He went pretty quickly in the TFF draft!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Is it bad that I'm half hoping a top 15 overall DE or DB gets caught with pot or something to drop him to 24? The Bengals have the potential to be looking at nothing but DTs, WRs and overvalued QBs at 24 and it makes me nervous. Man, I know people say 31 is the worst pic but having so many teams go before yours without a postseason win to show for it really sucks. :ohdear:
They're not going WR or QB in the first and a lot of good players of need will be there at 24.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Gilbert is going to be the first corner off the board. At 24 the options are going to be Roby, Verrett, Fuller, and maybe Dennard.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Chase Goodbread ‏@ChaseGoodbread 49m
#Vkings coach Mike Zimmer spent a lot of time talking to Kevin Sumlin while Manziel threw.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I like JFF and I like Zimmer so I approve.

e:
CollegeFootball 24/7 ‏@NFL_CFB 14m
Manziel will have dinner w/ #Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, OC Norv Turner and GM Rick Spielman tonight, meetings Friday a.m.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 27, 2014

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Falcons.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Please take Manziel. Please.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I think Carr to Browns is bullshit. No real reason, will hopefully be proven wrong.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Doltos posted:

Why do you think that?

Atticus Finch posted:

I think Carr to Browns is bullshit. No real reason, will hopefully be proven wrong.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

2. Thomas Howard, LB, Texas-El Paso - Super loving fast, tore his ACL and is out of the league
That's an interesting way of putting it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Who in this draft has kick return skills?

The Bengals have gone back and said QB/WR would be possible in the first round but it seems like it's a) if Bridgewater falls to them they'll consider it and b) anybody with return skills. It would be great if Gilbert fell to them but he likely won't and he's the only one I know has return ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If Gilbert falls to the Steelers, Dennard will fall past them.

• Locked thread