Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

bhsman posted:

I actually want this to happen. :unsmigghh:

I kinda do too. But I also kinda want us to take Carr just for the :psyberger:-storm. Give him #8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Doltos posted:

That works 100% but I avoid names that are too awesome. Like Baccari Rambo is a great name but it was a little too good, and I realized that he'd be a head hunter because of it. It's how I know Mike Evans will be a pedestrian possession WR, because Evans is a pedestrian WR name. Jackson Jeffcoat though? That DE is going to be all world.

What about combos? We took Watt in the 1st in 2011 but then his name became a lot better IMO once we got Jared Crick in 2012 for the full, lame "Watt and Crick" thing.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

wandler20 posted:

Pretty much this but ultimately I don't think we will end up with the number one pick unless Jacksonville wins one more game.

You rang?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Speaking of Keenum, during the Texans/Cards broadcast they mentioned Case's size and I realized he's only an inch taller and a couple of pounds heavier than Manziel.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You're not drafting top five Houston. Jesus, take a breath and look at your drat schedule. Atlanta is a touch more likely but they'll likely grab another 2 wins as well.

Raiders W
Jaguars W
Patriots L
@ Jags L?
@ Colts L
Broncos L
@ Titans W?

I still feel like we have a shamefully decent shot at dropping one of the Jags games unless we have some kind of epiphany when it comes to what is supposed to happen in the second half. I can also see us lose our last 5 in a row if God really hates us.

So worst case 4-12, best around 6-10? Yeah I guess that boots us from top 5. Like I said elsewhere, I'm just going to kick back and pretend it's 2005.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

:lol: like a guy named Blake Bortles has a shot in the NFL

And the Knights have a TE names Tukes which sounds like "Toots" a lot of the time on TV, so you get Bortles to "Toots".

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

You're not drafting top five Houston. Jesus, take a breath and look at your drat schedule. Atlanta is a touch more likely but they'll likely grab another 2 wins as well.

Arschlochkind posted:

Raiders W L
Jaguars W
Patriots L
@ Jags L?
@ Colts L
Broncos L
@ Titans W?

...I'm just going to kick back and pretend it's 2005.

And the Bucs won this week. :colbert:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Everybody concerned about Manziel's character, what would you say about the authenticity of his smile? :v:

Johnny Football - 6'1", 210 lbs.
Case Keenum - 6'1", 206 lbs.
Drew Brees - 6'0", 209 lbs.
Russell Wilson - 5'11", 206 lbs.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

At first I think that the Texans would potentially pass on a guy like Manziel possibly because of character concerns owing to the type of team McNair likes to field. And then I remember that Manziel plays for Texas A&M.

Although I suppose part of that hinges on Kubiak's employment status after this year. But still.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

I want them to draft Manziel, but counterpoint: McNair didn't go with VY, either.

And I thank God for that every day.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

computer parts posted:

I meant more the Texans are playing the Jags twice in three weeks. :v:

You know how most of us are joking about dropping a game to them? We're only half joking. It'll probably be TNF too, just to make sure 25 people see it instead of 6.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Arschlochkind posted:

Raiders W L
Jaguars W L
Patriots L
@ Jags L?
@ Colts L
Broncos L
@ Titans W?

:effort: So, uh...

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Rap posted:

first of all flip @Colts to a W

Did you not notice the @ part?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Arschlochkind posted:

Raiders W L
Jaguars W L
Patriots L :geno:
@ Jags L?
@ Colts L
Broncos L
@ Titans W?

And the Jags just won again. :colbert:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Andre Johnson publicly quit on this team like, a week ago.

8 catches, 127 yards today. He quit giving a gently caress about Matt Schaub is what he did.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Intruder posted:

Also a pretty terrible facemask

Clowney's scouting report has "Facemask leaves something to be desired." at the bottom. Rick Smith ponders it for a moment, shakes his head, and removes him from the Texans' board.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Intruder posted:

I guess in a QB draft this deep it might make more sense to take Clowney

Clowney/Manziel it is then. :v:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

gently caress it, everybody pile into the Clowney Carr. :madmax:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

There's a kind of odd thing where people know Andre is good, but then that knowledge sort of recedes into a fog and they forget just how good he is.
This season

Dre: 95 rec, 1277 yards, 13.4 ypc, 98.2 ypg, 5 TD
Megatron: 72 rec, 1299 yards, 18 ypc, 118 ypg, 12 TD

AJ has had Schaub, Yates, and Keenum throwing to him and hasn't shown signs of stopping what he does. All 5 of his TD catches this season are from Keenum. Andre is #15 all time in receptions and rising. He's #17 in receiving yards. #2 in rec yards per game. Injuries and bad QBs and poor coaching and lovely seasons haven't slowed him down.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is motherfuckers act like they forgot about Dre.

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 7, 2013

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

swickles posted:

Looks like someone needs to unleash the dragon, Sexy Rexy available.

You mean former Houston Texan Rex Grossman? I think we have our solution.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

It would help us to get more than 5 picks and 4 fumble recoveries on defense too.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Doltos posted:

I think the only bad thing about the Texans tanking again next year, or trying to raise Keenum up to starting QB caliber, is that AJ80 will have one of his twilight years wasted. Imagine if they take Clowney, tank next year, then take Winston.

IMAGINE

Andre has had 51 rec, 782 yards (15.3 ypc), 5 TD in seven games with Keenum throwing to him. Yeah, a tiny fraction of that is Schaub coming back in during two games but still. In the first six games he was at 44 rec, 495 yards (11.25 ypc), no TDs. Teams know they can just bring the house at Keenum to throw him off, but that can be coached and it's not like AJ's production has nosedived in the second half of the season. A year of Keenum or whoever they bring in as a stopgap is not going to stop Dre. At this point I'm convinced only Dre (and BS injuries) can stop Dre.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Whether we take Manziel or not, if he turns into the new VY at least this time I have a rooting interest! :neckbeard:

Edit: Let me practice:

"If we had Johnny Football we wouldn't be 3-5 right now I tell ya hwat, Rich. I'll hang up and listen."

Arschlochkind fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 13, 2013

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Sometimes it feels like the main knock on JFF is "it's bad for a QB to get hurt and he might get hurt (because he's a tiny babby man)" and I can't figure out what games they've been watching, because the Aggies aren't playing Purdue every week.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

b0ng posted:

he looks like a decent passer [with good mobility] playing in a defense heavy conference

Fixed a little, but that's basically how I see it. I like needling people about Manziel because I like him and I don't get why people are ready to jump off a cliff at the idea that they might draft him. Embrace Johnny Football.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Yeah, but to be fair, no one expected to see a drop off from TO, Steve Smith, or Ocho Cinco when they occured though. The older he gets the liklihood of that happening increases. While you can't predict it, you can be sure of it and keeping AJ 80 as part of your long term plans as a franchise isn't a wise option from a cold stand point.

NO, ANDRE IS GOING TO OWN UNTIL HE'S 60 AND THEN HE'LL BE OUR WR COACH FOREVER. FOREVER. :cry:

On the real though he'll be here until he retires. If they pull some kind of "not part of our long term plans" with him once he starts to actually slow down and he ends up bouncing around the league and/or playing two years for the Jaguars before retiring or something the fans will burn down the team facility.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

DeimosRising posted:

C'mon. It's harder to name an all-time great WR who did retire with his first team than one who didn't.

FOREVER.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ozu posted:

Bortles owns but I was thinking late 1st ceiling, likely 2nd or 3rd round if he came out. Could have the highest drafted UCF player since Daunte.

quote:

And in his weekly "MMQB" column, King wrote, "I know one team that, as of now, thinks it's no sure thing [Louisville's] Teddy Bridgewater will be the top quarterback on its board. ... Moreover, this team believes Blake Bortles or [Texas A&M's] Johnny Manziel could be the top quarterback on the board."

Henchman of Santa posted:

Blake Bortles won't succeed in the NFL because he has a scrub name.

It's us, isn't it? "My QB is also named Bort."

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

I hope the titans draft manziel and he owns like vince did and makes Houston fans mad all over again... Or bring vince back.

VY is from Houston, though. That was a huge part of that.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Azhais posted:

I like that his girlfriend is actually the top hit if you just google "Blake Bortles". I wouldn't have had any idea otherwise

We've talked about weird Google trends before, and "[athlete's name] girlfriend" is without fail one of the auto-suggestions for everybody at the pro level and almost everybody in college.

Edit: But yeah doing a GIS for Bortles is hilarious.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ehud posted:

Teddy declaring

@teddyb_h2o: Sacrificed a lot of personal glory for the people around me because I I've always been apart of something bigger than me. It's my time now.

SO WHAT YOU THINK YOU'RE BIGGER THAN THE TEAM NOW? RED FLAG. TAKE HIM OFF THE BOARD. :bahgawd:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Ahem.

That was when we were 2-8. :banjo:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

John Brown posted:

I think Manziel (coupled with a QB guru) will be fine. Houston would be absolutely crazy not to draft him. I'm not saying they have to take him at #1, but he would be a God in that city.

E: Even though VY didn't pan out I think the fans would hold that against McNair if he passed on JFF. Texas fans are stupid and cultist like that - especially A&M alumni.

Well I love you too.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

I had a dream last night and during part of it I saw on TV that JFF had decided to stay for one more year at A&M. So I guess everybody can take him off their boards.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

swickles posted:

Are you the guy that dreamed the Dolphins walk off safety the night before it happened? If not than I am going with Johnny Football in the draft.

That wasn't me, I just want to have proof in case it's true that my mutant powers have awakened.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

It's the alliteration and the fact that his first name is Blake; it's too reminiscent of Blaine Gabbert.

If he was John Bortles or something he'd be perfectly fine.

"Johnny Bortles" is terrible though.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

I'm still on the Clowney train but I'd love to have Teddy or JFF.

I'm a Bridgewater guy but at this point that's basically how I feel. It's not like the VY/Reggie/Mario draft where I was afraid we'd take Vince.

So there was Suck For Luck and poo poo The Bed For Ted. I'm having a hard time figuring out what taking Bortles at #1 would be. Shart Your Jortles For Bortles?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Intruder posted:

Here's a really dumb article about drafting Manziel #1 overall that I hate

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2014/01/it_begins_obrienmanziel_new_ye.php

From the sidebar there:

I agree, Houston Press. I agree. :v:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

Hand Row posted:

Did they purposely use the Oilers logo because it is phallic?

The first line of that article is "Twenty years ago, there were two players on the Oilers who were gay and no one cared." I meant it as a "Yeah, why are we still talking about this gay NFL?" joke. Because we suck, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

Intruder and I are a lot of things, but he's definitely not Kawalimus. :colbert:

Nah, Intruder isn't Kawalimus. He's like the canary in the Houston coal mine. During the season if you ever find yourself agreeing with an entire Intruder pessimistic post then drop everything and evacuate immediately, because we're hosed.

• Locked thread