Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sadly burton doesn't have a real nfl position but he's an awesome utility guy. 6'3 225 lbs runs in the 4.59 range and not only has great hands but can throw block and rush the ball when needed.

Awesome op Bewbies. Miami is going to be staring down tackles and guards this year. Again. Also so many players with one year contracts we won't know their other places of need til week 14 or so. As it stands I think we try to lock up Brent grimes for 3 years he has been great for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I see Burton declaring as a TE.

I see a smart team drafting him and being happy.

It won't be us :(

oh god he's gonna be a Patriot

Too small and bad blocker. Wait a minute I said this exact thing last year about Jordan reed didn't i

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thats some awesome homer take on "scrambles and chucks it deep"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

He was a receiver. I think part of it is it just took this long to develop into a corner. He's fast and he has a short memory. If he gets burned he's right back the next play. He has a crazy number of passes defended. Our other corner Sean Smith used to be a receiver too.

The Chiefs secondary has better hands than the receiving corps and that isn't an embellishment.

:laffo: Sean Smith does not have good hands. At all. If he did he would have been all pro in Miami, evn though he gave up huge touchdowns ever so often. He dropped something like 7 INTs one season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's very possible the rams have two top ten picks my god

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Who will Miami send to instant bust status by drafting them in the second round this year!? Let's see...

Tackle is a need. Guard is a need. Gotta start thinking about replacing our defensive line once they start getting checks from dan Snyder.

I think we draft a bust guard

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

Man you must work in procurement or something.

What NFL players sign are undoubtedly contracts. Breech of contracts are incredibly common everywhere you go and usually lead to amendments to the contract. There is probably an unbelievable amount of paperwork that goes into every transaction in the NFL and I don't envy the person who has to do them.

It's a very easy job. Trust me on this. At least when you do it for an NFL team or a player you're enjoying the subject matter. Try doing it for loving foreclosures and loan modifications.

And the NFL job pays like 120k a year

Somebody kill me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lazerbeam posted:

Who's that?

Holy poo poo is that Wilfork? I think it is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pangstrom posted:

I didn't think long and hard about it but I honest to god thought it was Jamarcus Russell

About 30 yards too short

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lord knows he doesn't need the money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

I hate being wrong about QB prospects. I'm usually dead on and the only blatant ones I've missed so far are Matt Ryan and Bradford. drat Ryan for being a frat boy and making me see red instead of the good QB.

Edit oh and Ponder but that was because arguing that Ponder is a good QB is fun

Can you post some of your previous stuff on quarterbacks so we can compare? I like reading those things, just like Bewbies posted, and not many people have access to it like you two

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

I'm going off of the rating system that Bewbies has for terminology which I think is a pretty accurate assessment. Clowney will suffer from the same problems Williams did coming into the league, mainly

I'm actually interested in my own statement because I'm not quite positive if posting history would back it up. I would like to start doing write ups like bewbies if people don't mind text walls.

If there is one thing we seem to eat up its draft prospect stuff. I'd vote do it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
[quote="Emanuel Collective" post="421157050"]

We've become accustomed to assuming trading down = good thing because teams like the Patriots have been able to do it well.

In the sense they get lots of picks. Not really in terms of overall players. They whiff on the draft as much as anyone else, believe it or not.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You act like he called you out personally dude maybe reassess things a bit

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Oh really, I'm a massive tool because you disagree with my opinion and I used the "wrong" words. Got it.

All I'm saying is Jordan Lynch plays a bunch of nobodies. He had one chance against a legit team and failed despite talking all kinds of poo poo leading up to that game.

Please just stop.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Volkerball posted:

Nobody thought he was so bad that Louis Murphy would be better than him at every phase of the game as rookies.

Actually I remember during the draft specifically Deion sanders (or cris carter maybe?) said "Oakland just picked a receiver who is better than their top 10 pick!"

I liked Murphy at Florida and thought he had a real shot. I liked him more than Riley cooper, who I DID like, so it's surprising to me he's doing so well compared to Murphy who can't beat out the Carolina receiving crew (well, mostly ted Ginn I suppose)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If the rams were in my division I would hate the redskins so much for gifting them a free top 5 pick my god

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Jota posted:

My friend's roommate is a Bengals fan and I made a joke about Andy Dalton during the Superbowl last year and he spent the entire second half angrily talking about how Dalton was really good. It owned

What's Eifert Posting like in real life?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

bhsman posted:

How does this sound:

-Draft Clowney first overall

-Trade this year's second- and third-round picks to Washington, sorely needing picks, for Kirk Cousins and their third round pick this year.

-Let's do the time warp agaaaaaaain. :getin:

EDIT: Cousins was Martin's QB at Michigan State, so that might improve his play as well. Goodness knows he needs it.

That'd be a great trade but the secondary trade likely flawed. I could see texans second rounder and their 4th for cousins. Washington would get their main value (the 33rd overall) and a really hard to say no extra pick in the 4th which is exactly what gms crave

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
People call Miamis draft a bust and point to dion Jordan and his lack of snaps.

Hell no point to our 2nd and 3rd rounders who will likely be out of the league in 3 years

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
See? He would have gone 24th overall. Thank you, Gendo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Clowney likes to get tipsy in gas station stores?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

I'm starting to think linebacker might be more of a need for Miami than Oline.

Our best one is Koa Misi. We really have no reason to NOT put Dion Jordan at WOLB and get rid of Wheeler.

Wheeler is a great pass rusher but thats about it. Hes very aggressive vs the run but he's blocked too easily

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

Quoting this again to make sure it doesn't disappear from the forums.

Oh man if inly we had a way of knowing if he's being sarcastic or not

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Azhais posted:

The Cowboys' most pressing issue is the salary cap: something like 30m over next year already. They are due for a Raiders like 60m dead money season soon.

Just how who gets this money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo the cowboys are paying that much for that quality of cornerback play Hahahaha holy poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God this just signifies how important the draft is. Those prices are insane. Locking up grimes long term will be impossible if that's what top cornerbacks get paid

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Everything I have seen and read suggests he isn't going to stay. He said on a radio show he only wanted a one year deal with the Dolphins so he could show he was back to top form after his injury, so he is going to the highest bidder, and its likely going to be Oakland since they will have a poo poo ton of money to spend next year.

That was in response to Miami offering him a three year deal. His wife (his agent and cake designer as well) apparently is enamored with the Miami lifestyle and has a great relationship with the team and staff.

Maybe we can keep him for 3 years 24 million 14 guarantahahahahaha there's no way Oakland doesn't pay him 10 per

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
My god Indy is this good and has that much room.

Plus no first round pick to weigh them down!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

Most draft trades are made because the GMs are networked enough to know what the other teams are about to do. Whenever a team trades up to draft a player that is perceived to be a reach, it's almost certain that at least one other team was about to do the same thing.

I've heard that GMs start to get paranoid about their "diamond in the rough".

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SlipUp posted:

Maybe another tight end because Dickson sucks and this is Dallas Clark with another year on him:

Why not just keep Pitta?

A friend and I were discussing Miami and he wants Miami to go over OL, WR and Secondary. It's interesting. I would have never ever thought of Miami going after a WR but if the market is rich, you have to keep adding talent. It's what the Packers did when they had Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings at the time. Miami has Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, and Matthews. I absolutely love that corps, to be honest, because of what they each bring to the table.

If Tannehill can shore up the deep ball and actually make use of Wallace being 5 yards open behind a safety, then holy moly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We absolutely resign soliai to a good contract. Thanks for everything Starks.

Odrick is pure stud too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Isn't there some friction between Soliai and the front office? Or at least between his agent and them? I thought there was some bitching this year.

That was Starks, who "flipped off the bench!!!!" (Flipped off his teammates saying he was washed up because he no longer started. As a joke)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ireland has proven to make the right decisions with regard to keeping specific defenders. I don't think Soliai will play outside of Miami.

Starks will walk. It'll be Vernon - Odrick - Soliai - Wake

oh my god that D-line is so good ugh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He had a few impact plays

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He's fantastic at pass disruption as well. Swatting arms, getting in proper passing lanes... Baltimore and buffalo games he had plays that directly led to turnovers, one of which should have been the play of the game (hit flaccos arm, pass went 10 yards short of it's target, pick six by jones)

I would love to see Aldon smith type use from him. But in the 4-3 if it makes sense

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Let's just google quickly anddddddd

Holy poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami most certainly goes offensive linemen and secondary in the first three rounds. It's too early to give up on wheeler and Ellerbe.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yo I don't really like him either and if Miami drafts him I'm gonna be p. mad.

Unless it's in the 20s and he's a RT then it's k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'd be shocked if Miami didn't start looking at 3rd-4th round WRs that are in the 6'4 220-240 lb mold

Armin binns looked good at the end of last year and in camp this year but was IRd one of the last practices

• Locked thread