Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I have wanted to run an epic Pendragon campaign since the first edition and the GPC ever since I came across it. We are getting to Arthur---no, to freaking Mordred---no matter what it takes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ibntumart posted:

I have wanted to run an epic Pendragon campaign since the first edition and the GPC ever since I came across it. We are getting to Arthur---no, to freaking Mordred---no matter what it takes!

So says the GM, so say we all!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, Epicurius, Sigimund is the guy Pellogres is attacking, Wilfrith is the guy on the horse. Which are you attacking? (say Sigismund, I totally got this horse dude covered)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Oops. Sigismund.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
At this rate someone's getting kill-stolen before too long because shortly we'll have more knights than bad guys.

I make no promises of respecting anyone else's Glory-lust, is what I'm getting at. ;)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Look at rich Sir Briant, killing a prisoner and thereby not arranging a ransom, and throwing gold at a peasant as well.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The only Saxon high-ranking enough to be worth a ransom, too! Though I have no doubt Briant will be spinning that into a "My companions and I would rather see a Saxon dead than profit by his ransom" PR campaign.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

ibntumart posted:

The only Saxon high-ranking enough to be worth a ransom, too! Though I have no doubt Briant will be spinning that into a "My companions and I would rather see a Saxon dead than profit by his ransom" PR campaign.

Also Hatred (Saxons) was controlling his actions, and it seemed a little cheesy to use it to kick their asses, then not finish them off like the dogs they are, as Briant would insist on doing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yeah, being Inspired by Hate (Saxons) can cost you more'n a few ransoms. On the other hand, Glory is better than cash. ;)

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Also, to be completely honest, I'm too lazy to track half a pound on my sheet, so now my money is rounded again.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Yeah, well, some of us aren't as fanatical, rich, or famous as you are. And it's not like I ever get any glory either. :) We can always sell the horse, I guess.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
The current scene seems at a natural conclusion, so I'm going moving you guys forward. Enjoy your audience with King Grumpy!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Glory time! This isn't the final tally since we still have the Winter phase, but this is the bulk of the Glory for 487.

PROVISIONAL GLORY EARNED IN 487
pre:
Bledri    Briant   Elias  Pellogres   Rhun

62	  118	   85	    90	      95
Being Honored for the Adventure of the Sword Lake at Lindsey:
Everyone but Elias - 10 Glory

Witnessing Uther's "Diplomacy:"
Everyone - 15 Glory

Boar Hunt:
Bledri - 7 Glory
Briant - 8 Glory
Briant and Bledri took out the boar, and Briant had a critical hit, thus the 8 to Briant and 7 to Bledri. They are free to share some of the Glory if they choose, however.

Saxon Slaying:
Bledri - 20 (Sigismund 20)
Briant - 75 Glory (Wilfrith 40, 1 spearman 35)
Elias - 60 Glory (1 archer 25, 1 spearman 35)
Pellogres - 55 Glory (1 spearman 35, Sigismund 20)
Rhun - 60 Glory (1 archer 25, 1 spearman 35)

Delivering Uther's Message to King Heraut:
Everyone - 10 Glory

Luxurious Lifestyle: This depends on how much extra money you spent this year to keep yourself in a higher standard of living. You get 1 Glory for every £1 spent after the first £6. Details of your frippery are always encouraged.

We'll go through Winter phase this weekend. Remember to read the IC Winter Phase *and* OOC Winter Phase posts for instructions.

We are definitely doing some Solo Scenarios this Winter as several of you are seeking brides. Elias may want to hold off until his renown is enough to snag a wealthier potential wife, but he can always seek to marry someone now anyway. If anyone wants a non-marriage based Solo, let me know and I will set one up.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Any Glory for notable successes or crits on Passions or Skills?

(Gotta try and eke those points out where we can!)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Good question and the answer is probably yes, but I will rely on you guys to present your knight's critical or notable successes.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Well, on top of bagging the boar, Briant's primo tracking attempt caused the hunt to be over in under an hour, not sure how much Glory that's worth for making the Silchester guys look like total chumps. Similarly, if there's any indication of how cordially we were received by King Heraut, despite being messengers of Uther, that might be worth a little extra Glory for all of us (as Briant has no intention of claiming sole credit for the feat of diplomacy, it's clear that he's already seen as the de facto leader of the group through previously distinguishing himself, so he has no need nor desire to place himself any further above his comrades).

Also, with how he's been completely nailing his Courtesy and Orate rolls, I feel like he might deserve checks in Flirting and Romance, just to represent that his silver tongue is improving all of his social skills, but that's just me lobbying for as many checks as I can eke out because I may as well ask. Actually he might deserve a check in Orate, too, he at least has used that skill.

Anyway, my solo plans are presently to take Sir Hywel up on his offer to drop by his manor and then Courtesy him in the face until he lets me marry his manors. I mean daughter. However, given his stellar performance this year, do let me know if there's anyone more wealthy or powerful Briant can go with this year, though, they'll need to still be of childbearing age (Briant is, deep down, still a family man, adhering to a vague ideal of what he felt his father should have been, so he's not one to go for camp followers). But, my guess is that Sir Hywel's daughter remains the most wealthy (once her old man keels over) lady of Salisbury.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Good question and the answer is probably yes, but I will rely on you guys to present your knight's critical or notable successes.

I'll have a summary up by sometime Sunday, probably (spending Saturday in Boston, going to see a Red Sox game).

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I don't think I have any checked skills or passions, do I? Those are just for critical successes, and I don't think I made any this year.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Epicurius posted:

I don't think I have any checked skills or passions, do I? Those are just for critical successes, and I don't think I made any this year.

I feel like anyone without any other checks should at least get a check on Humble, but, there's always the Winter Phase for you to nail some skills. Use those Passions!

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Also, Solo scenario wise, I'd like to try to find my missing family member?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Epicurius posted:

Also, Solo scenario wise, I'd like to try to find my missing family member?

A rescue attempt for poor young Arwel can be arranged.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

If he needs some NPC backup, I'm sure Sir Floridas would be happy to join in any quest to rescue an innocent, especially for a friend of his dear cousin, Briant. Or, there's his less-overpowered relatives, Briant could probably cajole one of them (or two, for his younger brothers) into going along. It's why I made sure to write up who all my relatives are, so there'd be a few extra NPC knights that could do stuff without affecting all the knights with actual roles in the GPC.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

So starting to count up, I've got Courtesy, Sword, and Loyalty (Knights of the Hound) on my checks list. I think Pellogres might also deserve an Orate check for being willing to compete with Briant in storytelling earlier in the year, but that's your call to make. Once you let me know on that I'll start my rolls and update my sheet.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

By my read:

Briant
Crit Courtesy
Crit Hunting
Loyalty (Group) Success, Crit Sword
Orate success
Success at something that EclecticTastes didn't name a specific skill
Courtesy success
Hate (Saxons) success, Courtesy crit
Hate (Saxons) success, Crit Sword
Sword success
Horsemanship success, sword success
Loyalty (Group) crit, Courtesy crit

Derek
Courtesy success

Pellogres
Crit Courtesy
Loyalty (Group) success, Crit Sword
Sword success
Crit Sword

Bledri
Sword success
Loyalty (Group) success
Sword success

Rhun
Dancing success
Crit Loyalty (Group), Sword success
Crit Sword
Crit sword

Elias
Awareness success
Loyalty (Lord) success, Crit Sword
Sword success
Sword success

Notes: We don't know which if any of these will be worth Glory, that's ibntumart's discretion. Success at a combat roll isn't often worth Glory, as you earn Glory for downing a foe - but crits might be.

Also Briant apparently rolls three times as much as anyone else and I'm not entirely certain that's sustainable. While essentially turning him into the Party Spokesman takes pressure off of the rest of us with poorer in-character social skills, that's still going to be fairly ridiculously unbalancing in the long run - especially with Pendragon's 'you improve your skills by rolling them a lot' methodology. I think we need to find a way to spread the love, so to speak. In-game I know Briant's ambition is to outshine everyone and anyone, but out of game I don't think any of us are interested in doing so!

(P.S. rolling a Hate passion to Inspire your Courtesy? I didn't catch that at the time or I'd've said something, but personally, I'm shaking my head in disapproval. ;) )

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
First off, thanks to DCB for compiling that list (with links, even!). Before I get to it, just wanted to warn that I'm going to be stricter about skill checks. They are meant for exceptional moments of success, such as rolling a crit, success under significant crisis, or whenever I think it seems fitting sua sponte. You are, of course, all still encouraged to present skill checks you think are deserving.

Right, on to the list!

Bledri
Humble (for your answer to Briant's question about long-term goals)
Love (Family)
Loyalty (Knights of the Hound)
Sword

Briant
Courtesy
Hunting
Sword

Elias
Loyalty (Lord)
Sword

Pellogres
Courtesy
Humble (for your graceful affirmation of your peer's superior hunting skill and lack of ego in letting him lead)
Orate (was a bit on the fence on this one, but then, Briant does usually do a good job telling the story---competing and doing so in the face of the lady you hope to impress took courage)
Sword

Rhun
Dancing
Sword

Still mulling over Glory. I've decided 10 each for critical Sword and 10 each for Loyalty (either Lord or Knights of the Hound)... not leaning toward anything else at the moment. I am open to discussion on that point, though.

On another note, I am probably not going to allow Passion rolls as often as has been the case. Psyching yourself up for battle with a relevant Passion, I will still pretty much always allow, but otherwise, outside of combat let me know if you want to roll a Passion and why it applies (usually it should be pretty evident, of course). And I will start inflicting asking for Passion rules on my own when I think it appropriate.

Finally... not every situation necessarily requires a roll. I apologize if I've been murky on that front---I like seeing PCs pursue whatever course they want, and Pendragon being the type of RPG it is, that means you'll probably be rolling some dice before long. Keep doing that! I like seeing who these knights are becoming. Just bear in mind what I said about skills up top: not every roll is going to merit a skill check.

Regarding solo scenarios: anyone who wants to seek a bride, please reply to let me know. I've got the one family rescue scenario as well. You could also team-up with someone else if you want, as EclecticTastes hinted at.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 8, 2015

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I was inspired by my hatred of the Saxon dogs to be extra-nice in asking for permission to enter a situation where we'd probably have to kill some of them. It's a perfectly reasonable choice! It's not even my highest passion! Frankly, using my loyalty to the group when sucking up to King Heraut was way more of a stretch, but it seemed like the sort of situation where a little bit of degenerate gameplay could go a long way, and boy howdy did it ever.

EDIT: Also, not to nitpick, but all successful Passion rolls result in checks for them, crits automatically add a point and give a check. Traits will give checks towards whichever side won the roll. Also Briant got a check on Generous for giving the halfhand dude some money to fix his farm. I keep a Google doc updated with any checks I earn so I don't have to sift through the thread later. I think I'll start doing it with any money or the like I get, too, don't know why I didn't before. I know Briant got that awesome emerald ring from Uther, but I already have plans for that.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 8, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Something else that will probably come up in the Solos of those of us trying to get laid find a suitable wife - several of the more Courtly skills are eligible to get bonuses of +1 to your skill per 1000 Glory your Knight has accrued, to reflect the fact that as a Knight gains more Glory, he begins to set the trend for fashion and courtly behavior. That is to say, it doesn't matter how badly Lancelot rolls while trying to Dance, because he's Lancelot; people see him stumble over his feet and say "Well, I guess stumbling over your feet is the new dance craze, let's all start doing it." Some Skills are also eligible for bonuses based on your Knight's Upkeep, or his APP score.

All of these bonuses are at ibntumart's discretion, as per usual - but it can't hurt to ask for 'em. The worst he'll do is say no.

(Well, no, the worst he'll do is say "you are annoying me with your constant bonus-begging, Merlin comes in and smites your rear end" but I'm betting none of us have gotten quite so obnoxious yet)

Now, as has become my custom heading into the Winter Phase, I'm going to see if I can make a case for any additional checks based on roleplay and my ability to bullshit the GM; ibntumart, I don't expect these to fly, especially as you've said you're going to be stricter, but what the hell, right? Can't win if you don't play. So I'd like to make a case for Rhun being deserving of checks to:

*Hunting, for following Briant's lead, seeing him crit, and learning a few things along the way like 'hey, follow the tracks to where the beasts are' (Rhun is a Bad Hunter)
*Courtesy, for witnessing Briant crit it four freakin' times over this year; any idiot can pick up a few things watching that
*Reckless, for saying "gently caress having a plan, there are Saxons over there what need killin'" without even checking with the rest of the knights
*Trusting, for letting Briant take the lead in pretty much every social situation while Rhun goes to have a drink, secure in the knowledge that Briant probably won't make him look bad
*Recognize, simply by virtue of having met so many more notable people that some of them are bound to stick in his memory

(I almost tried arguing for checks to Lustful and Flirting on the basis of "being Rhun," but let's be honest, those'll probably come up in his Solo...)

Also, if memory serves he should still have a check to Religion (Pagan) from last Winter Phase, for his continued support of throwing money at Pagan festivals and sacred groves in Broughton (edit: it was awarded during the Maintenance step of the Winter Phase, which comes later than the Experience Checks step, which is why I didn't roll it last year).

edit2:

EclecticTastes posted:

I was inspired by my hatred of the Saxon dogs to be extra-nice in asking for permission to enter a situation where we'd probably have to kill some of them. It's a perfectly reasonable choice! It's not even my highest passion! Frankly, using my loyalty to the group when sucking up to King Heraut was way more of a stretch, but it seemed like the sort of situation where a little bit of degenerate gameplay could go a long way, and boy howdy did it ever.

I'm not arguing the mechanics, man, but being Inspired by one's Hatred does not typically lend itself to careful word selection, is all I'm saying. ;)

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 8, 2015

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Yeah, I suppose it would behoove us to lobby a bit for Trait checks based on behavior, given that we don't really roll them all that much.

-Energetic: Like DCB said, we all sort of charged in at the Saxons without so much as a second thought. I'd argue that's more Energetic than Reckless in Briant's case, as he had already given thorough consideration to how his combat skills might stack up against the average Saxon, and came to the conclusion that, with his fellow knights backing him up, nothing short of overwhelming numbers could pose any credible threat to him, and what was assuredly a small raiding party was not going to have numbers like that.
-Arbitrary: Briant not only did so well on the hunt more or less solely to stick it to the Silchester guys, but also pretty much told the other PCs about his various schemes, and has generally been acting specifically for the advancement of himself and his friends, though his Arbitrary is already pretty high, so I'm not really expecting it, just figure there's no harm asking.
-Proud: Despite the occasional instance of false modesty, Briant has been acting prideful more than anything else, yet his Pride score is still 10.
-Prudent: Briant has been choosing his words and actions very carefully since start of play, and since he's still at 10/10 on this meter, I feel like he could use a check in that direction.

And I was just clearing up my rationale for using the Hatred passion instead of something else. It seemed appropriate in that circumstance.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
For Briant, I'm okaying Arbitrary, Proud and Prudent (counting the charge at the Saxons as part of the justification: for Briant, this was a well-calculated risk).
For Rhun, I'm okaying Courtesy, Hunting, Reckless, and of course, the Religion(Pagan) check from last year.

Any last checks folks want to lobby for, you have until tomorrow when I get home from work. At that point, let's get the Winter phase rolls going. These can happen independently of the Solo scenarios.

Speaking of Solos, this is the current plan:
Bledri: Search for missing brother
Briant: Seeking Sir Hywel's daughter's hand
Rhun: Wooing Adwen (and yes, I remember the fancy brooch you spent Uther's silver on)

Anyone else? Elias and Pellogres are free to team up with Bledri or have their own solo.

Oh, also keep in mind that you don't have to put work into marriage if you're okay to marry whoever. Roderick is in a marriage permission-granting vein this Winter.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Whoops, knew I was forgetting something. FoElias might try to find his sister, or perhaps put an end to the quarreling in his House.

For Elias I could lobby for Suspicious, as he was both constantly on his guard for Saxon tricks as well somewhat slow to trust his new fellows.
One check for humble perhaps, for choosing to do the clean up of archers, rather than try to get more glory filled opponents.

Otherwise, well, he's pretty new, so he hasn't had too much to his name yet.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
I will allow Suspicious and Humble. Did I already have you roll Loyalty (Knights of the Hound), by the way? If not, roll 3d6 and note the new Passion.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I'll be trying to do my winter phase stuff tomorrow after work. I did just want to let you guys know, though, I'm going out of town from Wednesday-Friday.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

So, Experience Checks! Rhun totals out to:

Dancing (10)
Loyalty (Knights of the Hound) (19) (was 18 at start of year, increased to 19 when critted)
Sword (18)
Courtesy (4)
Hunting (2)
Reckless (10)
Religion(Pagan) (10)

Which is awesome, though most of them are highly-ranked enough that my odds of improving them via experience checks are pretty slim. Still, better than a 0% chance for not having checks at all! I'm going to hold off on rolling them until after the Solos, just in case I can eke out another couple of checks therein; I mostly just wanted to collect the list in one post for later reference.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

I'll do mine in a bit as well, but one quick question...Pellogres wants to pursue a wife, but also his sister went missing last year. Would I be able to do a solo for trying to find my sister, and pursue a wife at the winter court, or do I have to pick only one of those pursuits?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I figure Elias would be pretty eager to assist in finding a sister, considering he too lost a sister (taken by Saxons before he was old enough to pursue her) If they've both been taken, team up to hunt for Saxon slave camps or something?

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
When you say I get a check to Humble, I'm assuming you mean modest, so I'm acting accordingly.

Rolling against Modest (13): 1d20 3 Failed
Rolling against Love (Family) 15: 1d20 13 Failed
Rolling against Loyalty (Knights of the Hound) (18): 1d20 16 Failed
Rolling against Sword (16): 1d20 6 Failed

Bledri turns 24

Bledri doesn't get married, doesn't have kids, doesn't do a stable roll

Family Events!

Family event!: 1d20 13 Missing!

Family member: 1d20 20 A Cousin!

Training: Increasing Energetic to 16

Standard maintenance of 6 pounds

Glory: Starting Glory 1599 + 62 (story) +32 (Traits) + 18 (Passions) +6 (Lands)=1717

quote:

Bledri Think-twice
Glory: 1717

Son Number: 1
Homeland: Salisbury
Culture: Cymric
Religion: British Christian
Lord: Earl of Salisbury
Current Class: Vassal Knight
Current Home: Stapleford Manor

Personality Traits
Chaste 13 / Lustful 7
*Energetic 16 / Lazy 4
Forgiving 10 / Vengeful 10
*Generous 13 / Selfish 7
Honest 13 / Deceitful 7
*Just 10 / Arbitrary 10
*Merciful 10 / Cruel 10
*Modest 13 / Proud 7
Pious 10 / Worldly 10
Prudent 16 / Reckless 4
Temperate 13 / Indulgent 7
Trusting 10 / Suspicious 10
*Valorous 15 / Cowardly 5

Directed Trait:
Chivalrous Bonus: (77/80) NO
Religious Bonus: NO

Passions
Loyalty (Lord): 15
Love (Family): 15
Hospitality: 15
Hate (Saxons): 11
Loyalty (Knights of the Hound) 18
Honor: 15

Statistics
SIZ 13
DEX 12
STR 15
CON 16
APP 10

Damage [(STR+SIZ)/6]: 4
Healing Rate [(STR+CON)/10]: 3
Movement Rate [(STR+DEX)/10]: 2
Total Hit Points (SIZ+CON): 29
Unconscious (HP/4): 7

Distinctive Features: Short legs

Skills
Awareness 5
Boating 1
Compose 1
Courtesy 11
Dancing 2
Faerie Lore 2
Falconry 3
First Aid 10
Flirting 3
Folklore 2
Gaming 5
Heraldry 11
Hunting 2
Intrigue 4
Orate 3
Play [harp] 3
Read [Latin] 0
Recognize 11
Religion [Christian] 2
Romance 2
Singing 2
Stewardship 2
Swimming 2
Tourney 2

Battle 10
Horsemanship 17
Sword 16
Lance 15
Spear 10
Dagger 5

Horses
Warhorse Type: Charger
Damage: 6d6
Move: 8
Armor: 5
HP: 46
SIZ: 37
CON: 12
STR: 30
DEX: 17
Breed:

Riding Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Squire's Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Horse #4 Type: Sumpter Move: 5
Horse #5 Type: Rouncy Move: 6

Equipment

Heirloom:Engraved Gold Ring worth 2l
Armor Type (10 Points): Norman mail, with Shield (6 points)
Clothing (1 Libra Value): Fine clothing
Weaponry: Sword, 2 spears, dagger
Personal Gear (on Horse #4):
Travel Gear (On Horse #4):
War Gear (On Horse #2):

Family Characteristic: Good with Horses (+5 Horsemanship)

Annual Glory Awards
Traits: 32
Chivalry: 0
Holdings: 6
Passions: 18
Religion: 0
TOTAL: 46

Holdings
Manor of Stapleford

Army
Family Knights: 0 Old Knights, 4 Middle-Aged Knights, 4 Young Knights
Vassals: N/A
Other Lineage Men: 15
Levy: 74

Family history:

Great Grandpa's glory: 1500
Grandpa's starting glory: 162

439 Father Born, Grandfather fought at Carlion, gained 15 glory
440 Grandfather served Garrison duty, killed by Pictish raiders, gained 20 glory, sic transit gloria grandpa, ending glory 197
441-59 Father grows up
460 Father comes of age. Starting glory 1019
461 Garrison Duty
462 Garrison Duty
463 Garrison Duty, Earl of Salisbury murdered by Saxons
464 Father marries, gains 100 glory
465 I am born
466-7 Father fought at the siege of Carlion, Gains 30 glory
468 Served Garrison Duty
469-72 Saxon migration and settlement in Kent leads to conflict, Father gains 200 glory in Saxon raids
473 Served Garrison duty
474-6 Served Garrsion duty in the midst of Saxon raids, gains 25 glory
477 Aelle invades, forms Sussex
478-9 Father sailed with High King's fleet, gained 40 glory
480 Fought at the battle of Salisbury, attended the funeral of Aurelius Ambrosius, and election of Uther, Gained 550 glory
481-3 Served Garrison Duty
484 Fought and died gloriously at the Battle of Eboracum, gained 1090 glory, Hate Saxons 11, Father's ending glory 3054
485 Story begins

My family:

Middle aged knights: Tewdwr, Father's younger brother, Daffyd, Father's illegitimate brother, Caradoc, Mother's brother, Mervyn, Mother's illegitimate brother
Young Knights: First Cousin (Maternal), Sister's Husband, First Cousin (Maternal), First Cousin (Maternal)

Father's siblings: 5 (Tewdr, Alive and Married, Daffyd, Allive and Married, F (Dead, Was married), F (Dead, Was married), M, Alive, Never married)
Mother's Siblings: 6 (MAM*, M*AM, FAM, MAM, M AM, F AU)
My Siblings: 6 (FAM, FAM, F, F, M, F)
Mother: Dead

Father: Rhodri
Mother: Blodwyn

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I'll do all my Winter stuff after my solo thing because there is the potential for my Glory to increase significantly from marrying into wealth and I'll want to save the big character sheet repost for after that.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Lager posted:

I'll do mine in a bit as well, but one quick question...Pellogres wants to pursue a wife, but also his sister went missing last year. Would I be able to do a solo for trying to find my sister, and pursue a wife at the winter court, or do I have to pick only one of those pursuits?

Remind me who Pellogres was pursuing again---he might not need a prolonged wooing scene if she's not one of the ladies at court everyone hopes to wed. But certainly Pellogres can try to do both things... he may not be as focused or have as much breathing room to make mistakes, though.

Shogeton posted:

I figure Elias would be pretty eager to assist in finding a sister, considering he too lost a sister (taken by Saxons before he was old enough to pursue her) If they've both been taken, team up to hunt for Saxon slave camps or something?

Then assist he shall if he so desires!

I will have Solo posts up in the IC thread later today.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

ibntumart posted:

Remind me who Pellogres was pursuing again---he might not need a prolonged wooing scene if she's not one of the ladies at court everyone hopes to wed. But certainly Pellogres can try to do both things... he may not be as focused or have as much breathing room to make mistakes, though.

He was going after Lady Gwiona, the Countess's handmaiden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Sorry for the delay, folks! My daily commute leaves me knackered as it is, but combined with Ramadan, I've basically been eating dinner and passing out every night the past week and a half. But I have rolled my Love (Pendragon) and Loyalty (PCs) and put up the post just now.

Lager, the chance to find out more about your sister will present itself, I promise. Same for Elias and for Bledri with his brother.

• Locked thread