Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, I'm just thinking aloud here, but if we get coins for the Winter Phase, and if we're allowed to use them like that, I'd like to spend mine to make Epicurius have succeeded on one of those experience rolls of his. Whichever he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Thanks for the info. But I think I'll still save up my money for a bit I may or may not be planning on building a church

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Coins are only for adventure time in the spring and/or summer, not the tending to the manor and buffing up in the off-season phase. :colbert:

If anyone does improve their manor at all, please make a note of it on your sheet with the rest of your knight's Notable Events. That also goes for any pagan bacchanalia your knight happens to throw (Sir Pryderi is going to toss any save-the-date cards right into the rubbish bin, so you know!).

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

ibntumart posted:

(Sir Pryderi is going to toss any save-the-date cards right into the rubbish bin, so you know!).

He's still getting one. ;)

(updating now!)

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Family events - Family Events: 2#1d20 4 7. Looks like one of my brothers got married! Not sure how much this affects me but hey. I have 5 young knights but I assume those are cousins who are the same age or slightly older than me since I doubt any of my theoretical brothers would be old enough to be knighted.

I'm boosting my Generous up by 2 with the points gained during the winter phase because that bumps it to 16. Apparently, by the way, due to the points I gained from exp checks I actually have gotten my chivalric trait bonus! So 100 glory extra this winter phase, plus that sweet +3 armor bonus. I guess based on the book I have to do an in-character oath as well? Is there like an order that I join with a ceremony or something? Otherwise Pellogres can just swear the oath while praying. Let me know and I'll whip up a post once the IC thread starts rolling again.

I got 181 glory from my traits/passions/chivalry/manor, plus the 9 for being a rich knight and spending 9£. My new glory is 1675 which I feel is pretty drat decent.

I'm going to save the rest of my money because I have some future plans but I will be needing some cash for them. I am going to have Pellogres share 2£ with the peasantry, as he is an incredibly generous type of guy and feels bad living too richly without making it rain for his people. I don't know if you want to give him any glory for this or not, I'm okay with him just doing it anonymously and I know the money will probably just vanish but I figure it's in character.

Character sheet updated below.

Sir Pellogres the Mighty
Glory: 1674

Son Number: 1
Homeland: Salisbury
Culture: Cymric
Religion: British Christian
Lord: Earl of Salisbury
Current Class: Vassal Knight
Current Home: Woodford Manor

Personality Traits
Chaste 13 / Lustful 7
*Energetic 13 / Lazy 7
Forgiving 10 / Vengeful 10
*Generous 16 / Selfish 4
Honest 10 / Deceitful 10
*Just 10 / Arbitrary 10
*Merciful 17 / Cruel 3
*Modest 13 / Proud 7
Pious 10 / Worldly 10
Prudent 10 / Reckless 10
Temperate 13 / Indulgent 7
Trusting 10 / Suspicious 10
*Valorous 15 / Cowardly 5

Directed Traits:
Chivalrous Bonus: (84/80) YES!
Religious Bonus: NO

Passions
Loyalty (Lord): 18
Love (Family): 15
Hospitality: 16
Honor: 16
Hate Saxons: 9

Statistics
SIZ 14 (Knockdown)
DEX 10
STR 18
CON 12 (Major Wound)
APP 12

Damage [(STR+SIZ)/6]: 5d6
Healing Rate [(STR+CON)/10]: 3
Movement Rate [(STR+DEX)/10]: 3
Total Hit Points (SIZ+CON): 26
Unconscious (HP/4): 7

Distinctive Features: Piercing Eyes

Skills
Awareness 10
Boating 1
Compose 1
Courtesy 10
Dancing 2
Faerie Lore 1
Falconry 3
First Aid 11
Flirting 3
Folklore 2
Gaming 13
Heraldry 8
Hunting 2
Intrigue 3
Orate 3
Play [harp] 3
Read [Latin] 0
Recognize 10
Religion [Christian] 2
Romance 2
Singing 2
Stewardship 2
Swimming 2
Tourney 2

Battle 10
Horsemanship 15
Sword 15
Lance 15
Spear 6
Dagger 5

Horses
Warhorse Type: Charger
Damage: 6d6
Move: 8
Armor: 5
HP: 46
SIZ: 37
CON: 12
STR: 30
DEX: 17
Breed:

Riding Horse Type: Charger Move: 8
Squire's Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Horse #4 Type: Sumpter Move: 5
Horse #5 Type: Rouncy Move: 6

Equipment
Armor Type (10 Points): Norman mail, with Shield (6 points)
Clothing (1 Libra Value): Fine clothing
Weaponry: Sword, 2 spears, dagger
Personal Gear (on Horse #4)
Travel Gear (On Horse #4)
War Gear (On Horse #2)

Family Characteristic: Clever (+10 Gaming)

Annual Glory Awards
Traits: 16 (Merciful)
Chivalry: 0
Holdings: 6
Passions: 48 (Loyalty (Lord), Hospitality, Honor)
Religion: 0
TOTAL: 86

Holdings
Manor of Woodford

Army
Family Knights: 0 Old Knights, 1 Middle-Aged Knights, 5 Young Knights
Vassals: N/A
Other Lineage Men: 16
Levy: 55

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I appreciate the thought, Eclectic Tastes.

Ok, so first, Glory. I started with 1305 for the year (Actually 305 without the knighting bonus.) Then, as per Ibntumart's calculations, I got 175 glory for the year. Plus, since I'm living as an ordinary knight this year, I get another 22 glory. This brings my total glory to 1403.

Now, family events.
I rolled a 14, so someone is missing.

Who? Well, originally I rolled my father, but he's dead (which explains why we haven't seen him around a lot, but then I rerolled and got my brother, of which I have one.

Now, I'm going to roll for skills, which unfortunately, just gives me 2 points, of which, I'll put 1 in spear and 1 in courtesy.

Since my glory broke the 1000 mark, I can increase any trait by one. To encourage me to post in this more frequency, I'm going to increase Energetic by 1 point.

I still have that £18 ransom. So, since I'm a knight, and knights spend, I'm improving my house....tiling the floor, putting a mosaic on the wall, and building a Mews and Hermitage, so that a hermit can come and pray for my soul. I think that would cost me 10 pounds, right?

Here's my revised character sheet:

quote:

Bledri Think-twice
Glory: 1403

Lord: Earl of Salisbury
Current Class: Vassal Knight
Current Home: Stapleford Manor

Personality Traits
Chaste 13 / Lustful 7
*Energetic 14 / Lazy 6
Forgiving 10 / Vengeful 10
*Generous 13 / Selfish 7
Honest 13 / Deceitful 7
*Just 10 / Arbitrary 10
*Merciful 10 / Cruel 10
*Modest 13 / Proud 7
Pious 10 / Worldly 10
Prudent 16 / Reckless 4
Temperate 13 / Indulgent 7
Trusting 10 / Suspicious 10
*Valorous 15 / Cowardly 5

Directed Trait:
Chivalrous Bonus: (75/80) NO
Religious Bonus: NO

Passions
Loyalty (Lord): 15
Love (Family): 15
Hospitality: 15
Hate (Saxons): 11
Honor: 15

Statistics
SIZ 13
DEX 12
STR 15
CON 16
APP 10

Damage [(STR+SIZ)/6]: 4
Healing Rate [(STR+CON)/10]: 3
Movement Rate [(STR+DEX)/10]: 2
Total Hit Points (SIZ+CON): 29
Unconscious (HP/4): 7

Distinctive Features: Short legs

Skills
Awareness 5
Boating 1
Compose 1
Courtesy 11
Dancing 2
Faerie Lore 1
Falconry 3
First Aid 10
Flirting 3
Folklore 2
Gaming 5
Heraldry 11
Hunting 2
Intrigue 4
Orate 3
Play [harp] 3
Read [Latin] 0
Recognize 11
Religion [Christian] 2
Romance 2
Singing 2
Stewardship 2
Swimming 2
Tourney 2

Battle 10
Horsemanship 17
Sword 15
Lance 15
Spear 10
Dagger 5

Horses
Warhorse Type: Charger
Damage: 6d6
Move: 8
Armor: 5
HP: 46
SIZ: 37
CON: 12
STR: 30
DEX: 17
Breed:

Riding Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Squire's Horse Type: Rouncy Move: 6
Horse #4 Type: Sumpter Move: 5
Horse #5 Type: Rouncy Move: 6

Equipment

Heirloom:Engraved Gold Ring worth 2l
Armor Type (10 Points): Norman mail, with Shield (6 points)
Clothing (1 Libra Value): Fine clothing
Weaponry: Sword, 2 spears, dagger
Personal Gear (on Horse #4):
Travel Gear (On Horse #4):
War Gear (On Horse #2):

Family Characteristic: Good with Horses (+5 Horsemanship)

Annual Glory Awards
Traits: 16
Chivalry: 0
Holdings: 6
Passions: 0
Religion: 0
TOTAL: 22

Holdings
Manor of Stapleford

Army
Family Knights: 0 Old Knights, 4 Middle-Aged Knights, 4 Young Knights
Vassals: N/A
Other Lineage Men: 15
Levy: 74

Family history:

Great Grandpa's glory: 1500
Grandpa's starting glory: 162

439 Father Born, Grandfather fought at Carlion, gained 15 glory
440 Grandfather served Garrison duty, killed by Pictish raiders, gained 20 glory, sic transit gloria grandpa, ending glory 197
441-59 Father grows up
460 Father comes of age. Starting glory 1019
461 Garrison Duty
462 Garrison Duty
463 Garrison Duty, Earl of Salisbury murdered by Saxons
464 Father marries, gains 100 glory
465 I am born
466-7 Father fought at the siege of Carlion, Gains 30 glory
468 Served Garrison Duty
469-72 Saxon migration and settlement in Kent leads to conflict, Father gains 200 glory in Saxon raids
473 Served Garrison duty
474-6 Served Garrsion duty in the midst of Saxon raids, gains 25 glory
477 Aelle invades, forms Sussex
478-9 Father sailed with High King's fleet, gained 40 glory
480 Fought at the battle of Salisbury, attended the funeral of Aurelius Ambrosius, and election of Uther, Gained 550 glory
481-3 Served Garrison Duty
484 Fought and died gloriously at the Battle of Eboracum, gained 1090 glory, Hate Saxons 11, Father's ending glory 3054
485 Story begins

My family:

Middle aged knights: Tewdwr, Father's younger brother, Daffyd, Father's illegitimate brother, Caradoc, Mother's brother, Mervyn, Mother's illegitimate brother
Young Knights: First Cousin (Maternal), Sister's Husband, First Cousin (Maternal), First Cousin (Maternal)

Father's siblings: 5 (Tewdr, Alive and Married, Daffyd, Allive and Married, F (Dead, Was married), F (Dead, Was married), M, Alive, Never married)
Mother's Siblings: 6 (MAM*, M*AM, FAM, MAM, M AM, F AU)
My Siblings: 6 (FAU, FAM, F, F, M, F)
Mother: Dead

Father: Rhodri
Mother: Blodwyn

Glory gained:

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Wait... So both your brother and my sister went missing?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

"Sir Bledri, someone is missing!"

"What? Who?"

"I forget... your father, I think. I haven't seen him in years!"

"...well, yeah. He's dead."

"...oh. That... that would explain that, then. I'll... I'll just go do a quick headcount and see if I can't figure out who it is, then?"

"Yes. Please do."

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Epicurius posted:

Now, I'm going to roll for skills, which unfortunately, just gives me 2 points

Friggin' Orokos. :catstare:

Isn't there some kind of safety net for this? This is just messed up. Like, I got six skill points on my roll, can I just undo spending one and give it to him? Nobody deserves such bad rolls, especially not one of the players on the lower end of the Glory chart, and I dunno about Epi, but if I were in his situation, I'd be feeling pretty discouraged. Maybe I'm just weird, but I'm feeling kinda :smith: about his stuff there.

Which I guess is ironic since I'm the one playing the grasping, amoral, hard-hearted social Darwinist.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

Friggin' Orokos. :catstare:

Isn't there some kind of safety net for this? This is just messed up. Like, I got six skill points on my roll, can I just undo spending one and give it to him? Nobody deserves such bad rolls, especially not one of the players on the lower end of the Glory chart, and I dunno about Epi, but if I were in his situation, I'd be feeling pretty discouraged. Maybe I'm just weird, but I'm feeling kinda :smith: about his stuff there.

Which I guess is ironic since I'm the one playing the grasping, amoral, hard-hearted social Darwinist.

Sadly, this is where Pendragon shows its age; it was created with both feet firmly in the age of 'random dice rolls can and will gently caress you.'

Now, that having been said... it's my experience (and note, I'm not sure how well this experience has aged) that these things genuinely do even out over time and are mitigated largely by play. That is to say, you don't just get experience checks for rolling crits, you get them when and if you convince your GM that you should have 'em... or, sometimes, because you witnessed something awesome or you heard a moving story or just for the hell of it. You don't just get Glory for successful rolls and vanquished foes, you get it for Being Awesome.

Sir Tor is one of the more commonly-mentioned (if infrequently as the main character) in Arthurian legend; he's one of the first dudes Arthur ever knights personally, and he survives all the way to being one of the guards at Guenevere's execution before Lancelot kills him while springing her. He is, according to most sources, a mediocre Knight at best; he's on the receiving end of a lot of rear end-whuppin's. What he excels at is being courtly; he's always wearing the latest fashions, flirting with the ladies, schmoozing the best seats at Arthur's feasts. He's a popular guy, and amasses several thousand Glory just by being a popular guy (although Tristram probably didn't like him after the whole 'sit around making jokes about Cornish knights while Tristram can hear me' bit). People know his name today.

In Pendragon terms, Sir Tor basically is a great roleplayer who rolls terribly. He's never going to go toe-to-toe with guys like Lancelot; his stats just aren't there. But by being an awesome guy who everyone gets along with, he still amasses more Glory than most PCs will ever see no matter how many dragons they kill.

My point (to the limited degree that I have one, and I'm not just using this as an excuse to talk about Sir Tor because Sir Tor is awesome; dude was raised the son of a cowsherd who had 13 kids and he still showed up and said 'yo Arthur make me a knight and gimme a seat on the Round Table' and it was only after he was knighted that Merlin revealed he was Pellinore's illegitimate son) is that the speed of a character's growth and the awesomeness of their stats doesn't make the game; it's the play that does that. Some of the best games of Pendragon I've been in ended up with me going into the Winter Phase with precisely zero experience checks because I hardly picked up the dice at all.

Now... it's easy for me to say that, as I've got a good chunk of Glory and I'm pretty familiar with the system. And it's debatable how well the whole "but seriously, if you roleplay well enough you'll usually end up with pretty significant bennies even if you roll for crap" bit works in a play-by-post situation, as that sort of thing is always more prevalent in face-to-face games. But as much as it sucks to get boned on Winter Phase rolls (and it does suck), it only really becomes a problem if we - as a group - let it. It's a pretty common theme in Arthuriana that more Glorious knights look out for the less-Glorious; those of us who get good rolls need to make sure we look out for that sort of thing, and talk up our compatriots whenever possible, and try and slide a bit more Glory their way. In essence, it'll only be a problem if we all let it.

(in theory.)

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Minor setbacks! I'm sure that next year, I'll cover myself in glory, maybe by finding somebody's lost dog or something. :) Nah, luck of the dice. I'm sure the rolls are going to turn around.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
So... Quick questions. Do I get any bonuses on manor improvements? Or what is the purpose of building those (aside from pimping your place)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Epicurius posted:

Minor setbacks! I'm sure that next year, I'll cover myself in glory, maybe by finding somebody's lost dog or something. :) Nah, luck of the dice. I'm sure the rolls are going to turn around.

Well, maybe not a dog....

dereku posted:

So... Quick questions. Do I get any bonuses on manor improvements? Or what is the purpose of building those (aside from pimping your place)

Oh, sorry, I plum forgot to mention: you get Glory for your lavish displays of wealth. From the rulebook:
Conspicuous Consumption: Generally, each expenditure of £1 or more (whether on purchases for oneself or on gifts for others) also accrues Glory for the buyer. For each libra up to £100, the buyer gains 1 Glory per librum spent; for every £10 thereafter, he gains another 1 point. Thus, a gift of £120 would result in 102 Glory for the gift-giver.

Also, I finished both my current work contract and doing my taxes, so it's full steam ahead! I'll try to get the Spring post up before turning in. For now, here's some inspiration from Hark, a Vagrant:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Well that was just weird - I finally get the chance to sit down and post, nobody else has touched the thread in a few days since our honorable GM, and while I'm typing Sir Derek posts...Great minds find free time alike, I guess.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Hail my free timed bro!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Good news! Sometimes, mostly at the GM's whim, you get a Glory Bonus to certain skills - such as Intrigue. The notion is that high-Glory characters get a bit more leeway in their social interactions; if a guy with 8000 Glory misses a Dance step, people are less apt to say 'hey he screwed up' and more 'oh, is that the new style, then?' and start missing steps of their own.

The bonus is +1 to the skill per 1000 Glory, so you never know, Derek - if ibntumart decides we deserve that bonus, your roll goes from a failure to a crit. :D

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
So if what I understand is correct I have to puppyeyes at the gm? Because I am willing to do it

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
A crit would be more fun here than a failure, so I'll allow it. (As long as no puppyeyes are involved: I'm more of a cat person!)

I'll be on the road and forcibly hobnobbing at my wife's work event later today, so everyone who hasn't posted yet, plenty of time to do so.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Unless anyone else wants to plan further, I'm going to assume the party's locked in their planned patrol and will post the next scene this afternoon.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Seems to me we have a solid plan!

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Now let us see it crash and burns in horrifying and hilarious ways

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
The important thing is to go out with glory (since you can pass it on to your heir!).

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
But i don't have a heir :ohdear:

dereku fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 20, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

dereku posted:

But i don't have a heir :ohdear:

Well, you had all winter to engage in out-of-wedlock heir-creating hobbies. :colbert:

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Chastity is a christian value :colbert:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I've been invited in, so:

Name: Grigor
Father's Name: Terfel
Title:
Father's Class: Vassal Knight
Liege Lord: Sir Roderick, Earl of Salisbury
Class: Vassal Knight
Manor: Clatford
Year Born: 462

Traits:
Chaste 13/Lustful 7
*Energetic 13/Lazy 7
Forgiving 10/Vengeful 10
*Generous 16/Selfish 4
Honest 10/Deceitful 10
*Just 10/Arbitrary 10
*Merciful 13/Cruel 7
*Modest 13/Proud 7
Pious 10/Worldly 10
Prudent 10/Reckless 10
Temperate 13/Indulgent 7
Trusting 10/Suspicious 10
*Valour 15/Cowardly 5

Passions:
Loyalty (lord) 15
Love (family) 15
Hospitality 15
Honor 15
Hate (Saxons) 16

Attributes:
Siz 18
Dex 12
Str 14
Con 12
App 10

Damage: 5
Healing Rate: 3
Movement Rate: 2
Total HP: 30
Unconscious: 7

Distinctive Features: Rough hands (6)

Skills
Awareness 5, Battle 10, Boating 1, Compose 10, Courtesy 8, Dagger 5, Dancing 2, Faerie Lore 1, Falconry 3, First Aid 10, Flirting 5, Folklore 2, Gaming 3, Heraldry 3, Horsemanship 12, Hunting 10, Intrigue 3, Lance 12, Orate 3, Play [harp] 8, Read [Latin] 0, Singing 20, Spear 7, Sword 15, Recognize 3, Religion [Christian] 2, Romance 2, Stewardship 2, Swimming 2, Tourney 5.

Glory: 1203
Horse #1: Charger
Horse #2: Rouncy
Horse #3: Rouncy
Horse #4: Sumpter

Squire:

Equipment Carried: Chainmail, shield, 2 spears, sword, dagger, fine clothing, personal gear, travel gear, war gear, valuable cloak (worth 1, from Byzantium)
Family Characteristic: Fine Voice (+10 Singing)

Army:
Family Knights: 0 Old Knights, 2 Middle-Aged Knights, 6 Young Knights, Grigor Himself
Vassals:
Other Lineage Men: 14
Levy: 70

Great Grandpa's Glory: 2800
Grandpa Iowerth: B. 410 AD, Knighted 431.
Starting Glory: 1301
439: Nothing significant.
440: Garrison duty, killed by Pictish raiders.
Glory: 1446

Papa Terfel: Knighted 460.
Starting Glory: 1132
460: Garrison duty, little or no combat.
461: Nothing.
462: Nothing.
463: Nothing.
464: Married. Gain 100 Glory.
Glory: 1232
462: Grigor born, apparently
466: Siege of Carlion: Survived. +45 Glory
Glory: 1277
467: Siege of Carlion: Survived. +30 Glory
Glory: 1307
468: Battle of Snowdon: Survived. +60 Glory
Glory: 1367
469: Fought Picts. +100 Glory.
Glory: 1467
470: Fought Picts. +50 Glory.
Glory: 1517
471: Fought Picts. +200 Glory.
Glory: 1717
472: Fought Picts. +100 Glory.
Glory: 1817
473: Battle of Windsor: Survived. +45 Glory
Glory: 1862
Hate (Saxons): 16
474: Died on Garrison Duty. +25 Glory.
Glory: 1887

Family:
Middle Aged Knights: Father's two younger brothers
Young Knights: Paternal first cousin, 3 younger brothers, maternal first cousin, illegitimate younger brother
Other Family:
Father: 4 Siblings: 3 sisters (1 alive and married, 1 alive and unmarried, 1 dead and married), 2 younger brothers (both alive and married)
Mother (alive, remarried): 1 Sibling: 1 sister (dead and married)
My Siblings: 6 siblings: 6 brothers (3 alive and married, 1 alive and unmarried, 2 dead and unmarried)

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 15, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Welcome aboard, Mors!

(Man, I'm going to be the only notable Pagan on the planet at this rate...)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorry, but with stats like that, if I'm not singing hosanna, well...

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
At this rate with this guy I guess both Rhum and Derek are probably waiting for a reason to 6d6 this guys butt.

Or at least talk him down a little

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

I'm not sure whether this guy is Briant's new best friend, or if Briant would consider such blatant abuse to be a little tacky. Like, just whippin' a dude in the middle of the road is a bit much.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
If anyone has anything else they want to do in the current scene, now would be the time. By tomorrow evening, I want to move us onto the next scene.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

So if this turns out to be one of the many, many times that Merlin gets a bunch of knights to do his dirty work by bullshitting them - because let's be honest, he does that sort of thing constantly - can I get a Religion (Pagan) roll to puzzle that out? :D

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
He doesn't have that bad a reputation for it quite yet... but I'll keep that in mind as the campaign progresses!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ibntumart posted:

He doesn't have that bad a reputation for it quite yet... but I'll keep that in mind as the campaign progresses!

Hey, if I'm gonna have all the other PCs looking askance at me for refusing to go to chapel with them, I may as well get something out of it. ;)

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

I know I'm a few days behind, I swear I'll post tomorrow. I just got done with one hell of a week at work, and am trying to claw my way back to normalcy now.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Some time ago, this was said.

ibntumart posted:

Well, maybe not a dog....

Now I reread it and think "heeeeeeeeeey."

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Lager posted:

I know I'm a few days behind, I swear I'll post tomorrow. I just got done with one hell of a week at work, and am trying to claw my way back to normalcy now.

No problem. The giant's not going anywhere! At least, not while you guys are around and uneaten. Knights are tastier than goats.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Some time ago, this was said.

Now I reread it and think "heeeeeeeeeey."

A GM has to have his foreshadowing moments every now and then!

Regarding the giant, big as he is, it's not really a skirmish per se (even though I will allow two of you to charge with Lance instead of one). I can't really justify Battle for this fight.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ibntumart posted:

Regarding the giant, big as he is, it's not really a skirmish per se (even though I will allow two of you to charge with Lance instead of one). I can't really justify Battle for this fight.

Ah well, it was worth a shot. :D Sword gets the boost, then!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Just got back from Origins. Expect a post within 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Edited in a damage roll in case I hit with the bonus.

• Locked thread