Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I'm seriously interested in this despite knowing next to nothing about the system. I can't decide whether I'd rather play a shining exemplar of all that is good, or The Worst Knight.

Of course, given the length of the Pendragon campaign, 'both' is probably an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Still interested!

I know Sir Owain is a Cymric Knight from Salisbury, and for the sake of simplicity I'll make him Christian. What's next?

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
All this rolling on tables seemed a bit much, so I sucked it up and bought the pdf. Should hopefully have time to generate a character over the weekend.

Anyway, all that aside, when I bought the pdf Nocturnal games gave me a link that lets you buy additional copies of the pdf from Drivethru for $10 - so if anyone's looking to get into this game on the cheap, drop me a PM and I'll hook you up.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
I rolled for everything on Orokos, but haven't linked directly to the results. You can check my dice here if you feel the need. I also didn't bother generating his entire extended family, although it was tempting.

Cum Aperto Corde is apparently Latin for 'with an open heart'.

SIR OWAIN THE JUST

Homeland: Salisbury
Culture: Cymric
Religion: Roman Christian
Class: Vassal Knight
Home: Shrewton Manor

Father's Name: Sir Hewgon
Father's Class: Vassal Knight
Family Characteristic: Love for Arms (+10 Heraldry)

Son Number: 1

Born: 464
Squired: 479
Knighted: 485
Titled:
Landed: 485
Round Tabled:
Died:

Wed:
Spouse:
Will:
Children:

Liege Lord: Earl of Salisbury

Glory: 1136 (including knighthood bonus)

Traits
Chaste 13/Lustful 7
*Energetic 10/Lazy 10
Forgiving 13/Vengeful 7
*Generous 10/Selfish 10
Honest 10/Deceitful 10
*Just 16/Arbitrary 4
*Merciful 13/Cruel 7
*Modest 13/Proud 7
Pious 10/Worldly 10
Prudent 10/Reckless 10
Temperate 13/Indulgent 7
Trusting 10/Suspicious 10
*Valorous 15/Cowardly 5

Chivalry Bonus? NO (77/80)
Religion Bonus? NO

Passions
Loyalty (to my lord) 16
Love (of my family) 15
Hospitality 16
Honour 16
Hate (Saxons) 16

Attributes
SIZ 14
DEX 11
STR 15
CON 15
APP 8

Distinctive Features: facial blemishes/pock marks, small eyes

Derived Statistics
Damage 5d6
Healing Rate 3
Movement Rate 3
Total Hit Points 29
Unconscious 8

Skills
Awareness 10
Boating 1
Compose 1
Courtesy 10
Dancing 2
Faerie Lore 1
Falconry 12
First Aid 12
Flirting 3
Folk Lore 2
Gaming 3
Heraldry 20 (Check out my heralding.)
Hunting 2
Intrigue 3
Orate 3
Play [harp] 3
Read [Latin] 0
Recognize 3
Religion [Roman Christianity] 2
Romance 2
Singing 2
Stewardship 12
Swimming 2
Tourney 9

Battle 10
Horsemanship 11
Sword 15
Lance 11
Spear 9
Dagger 5

Trappings
Chainmail and shield
2 spears
Sword
Dagger
Fine clothing
Personal gear
Travel gear
War gear
Heirloom... money. (£1)

Horses
Salamander (charger)
Faithful (rouncy)
Modesty (rouncy)
Steadfast (sumpter)

Equipment at Home
Nowt

Squire
???

Holdings
Shrewton

Army
Old Family Knights: 0
Middle-Aged Family Knights: 1 (Hewgon's younger brother)
Young Family Knights: 1 (First cousin on mother's side)
Vassals: 0
Other Lineage Men: 12
Levy (from Newton): 55

Annual Glory Awards
Traits: 16 (Just)
Chivalry: 0
Holdings: 6 (according to DCB)
Passions: 64 (Loyalty (Lord), Hospitality, Honor, Hate (Saxons))
Religion: 0
TOTAL: 80

History
Great-grandfather Melion racked up 2500 Glory - so he was pretty boss. His son Clegis was born in 410 and knighted in 431. Clegis served on Hadrian's Wall, gaining some minor glory against the picts, then he fell sick and died in 442, leaving behind his widow Astrid, the three-year-old Hewgon, and a legacy of crushing mediocrity.

Final Grandpa Glory = 1286

We rejoin the family in 460, when Hewgon is knighted. His tenure as a knight is entirely uneventful garrison duty until the Night of Long Knives in 463. The family gets the Hate (Saxons) passion at 16. In late 463 Hewgon marries Yseult, one of the widows left behind by the Night of Long Knives, and fathers Owain, who is born suspicously early in February. He took up arms with Aurelius Ambrosius and was present at the Siege of Carlion where he acquitted himself well (75 Glory).

Then he went back to his garrison. Over the next several years he participated in scattered fighting but never really made any great impact before dying well against the rampaging Saxons in 475.

Final Father Glory = 1358

So Owain springs from entirely unremarkable stock, unless you reach all the way back to his great-grandfather Melion. If he's going to bring glory to his family name he's going to have to do it himself. He's a big, slow, ugly man but even-handed, honourable, halfway decent with a sword or a falcon and generally virtuous.

potatocubed fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 26, 2013

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

EclecticTastes posted:

Get outta my house. :catstare: (Jokes aside, I rolled Newton on my character, so that manor is claimed, you'll need to roll again until you get one that isn't already taken.)

Oops.

Manor, take 2: 1d20 13

That gets me Shrewton, which a quick trip to Google maps tells me is just down the road from Stonehenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Note to self: handy falconry link

• Locked thread