Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I used to love this series when I was a kid. I remember having a dream about the remake being announced, and the next day they started going public about it. And then they started to show it off in screenshots, and it was just all downhill from there. I'm not quite as much of a historian as I'm sure others may be, but it is kinda interesting and odd to see some of the call backs they are making to the original 3 so far.

I never played the 2010 one because I'm not paying retail for this, but I'll for sure be following this thread to see where the game goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know how true this is, since it's probably another one of those playground lies from the 90's, but I remember hearing before that if you hit the guy with every single one of those potions, there's an alternate end of the stage. I think it was either he turns into a monster, or he burns alive, or melts into something special.

Again, no idea if any of it is true at all, but I swear I heard there was something different for it.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so excited that 3 is finally starting. Even though I know most people think it's the worst of the classics, I think I still like it the most because I played it at a time when I was still young enough for it to legitimately scare me. Some of the stuff in this one was just really out there for a game, at the time.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Great job with the LP. After seeing all of it, especially the last few stages and what was in this video, I'm way more satisfied with never going through with buying this game. But at least you made it something I could enjoy seeing in some form.

Slight spoiler discussion with ending here: Honestly though, I feel like if they ever did get to make a game following this one, they'd probably just try to make the plot similar to 2, with the whole, 'she doesn't have to die' thing. I mean, she's basically going to turn at some point with that set-up they put out there. And at that point I feel like it would just kinda get too samey plot wise with the original series. Obviously they'd have to build enough story for a whole new game and all, but I just feel like they were kinda low on ideas already.

Anyway, I'm kinda happy this is it for the series, but it sucks that this basically killed it, instead of just letting it be a thing that still exists, but just doesn't have anything done with it.

• Locked thread