Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The only thing I remember about the remake is how they decided to advertize the artwork to look shiny and out of place. You should put those up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The game looks like it is crapping itself with these glitches.
The A in Aegis is silent. Wasn't surprised to know what its gimmick was by the name.
Kind of sad you falling into pits didn't open up a basement stage.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Games back then enjoyed having you kill the heart of something.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There are around 3 versions of the intro with Jennifer, each having different screams and one of her not asking for help.

I think the first boss can be easily beaten by being right in front of it where its spit flies over you. You might have to kick it to death by being that close.

That elevator can be cheesed by being a little left of where the mimi on the left side falls and punch before it falls on your arm. Your fist seems to have a large vertical hitbox.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 27, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Those stages were brutal and unfair. Blue Man is constantly pulling you and you will most likely get snagged and stunlocked to death when you don't see it coming.

It would have been easier to find a son of God and a herd of swine, than fight that boss.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Fiendly posted:

I'm not... :ohdear:
Agreed. So much potential and the gimmick ruined it by being utterly archaic.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do both secret doors lead to the same room?

Considering how first-timers will end up running out of time, you can assume the boss is busy eating Jennifer when you approach him.

Something that would have really improved the game, would be to either ditch the Spectacle Fighter aspect and keep it 2D, or fully embrace the beat-em-up craze. It being in an awkward transition really hurt the gameplay.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I was wondering why the Screaming Mimi's sounded familiar and they used a similar if not the same sound byte as Michael Jackson's Moonwalker game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Renegade also had one move that you had to spam in order to not suck at the game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
An annoying thing about the Boreworm boss in SH3 was that trying to jump over the worms will knock you on your rear end like a car hit you.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I laughed too hard from the virgin joke. Makes me forget how bad the start of the game was. I wouldn't have expected the game to get better after that loving doll boss.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Just walk all the way down in twenty minutes or fall off the building and avoid fighting everything again.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I forgot to mention during Splatterhouse 2 that while your hitbox while punching is large enough to hit enemies as they are falling on you when you are facing right, you will not be able to do the same facing left. It might be a design oversight or your hitbox has a weird timing to it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I mentioned before that there are about three versions of the Jennifer intro.

What was the point of having that boss? Going through the same background and somehow end up in the monster body stage and fight another cell thing.
Having a stomp attack is needed. This is too much of a waste of time. A pair of weapons and lots of consumables from half the enemies is so lazy.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There is a rare enemy spawn in level 2 that kicked my rear end as a child. I only remember the game because it was a giant hand walking around like Thing, not the same ones mentioned in the video. I don't know how I found it the first time, but games have serious issues with me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The ending is to be expected if you played the other games. Terror Mask revived Mozzarella Face and I think Splatterhouse 3...

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
This To Be Continued ending is nowhere near as bad as Psy-Ops', We were the monsters.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought Ride the Flying Polyp was just some dumb song Kerberos made for Fort Zombie, since everything else was low budget. Still a better game than 3.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Front-end the budget for the beginning to keep people interested in the game. Unfortunately, that means tutorials as well.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
gently caress this game, glad it is over. His family is creepier looking than the monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Going to miss how SH3 should have turned out.

• Locked thread