Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«18 »
Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it.

Update:

Ordering: CLOSED
Payment window: CLOSED
Manufacturer: PAID
Shipment to me: ???
Shipment to you: ??? + a few days

Paladine_PSoT fucked around with this message at Nov 20, 2013 around 00:44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Hey, I didn't know you guys were doing this. Seems cool though, I'll go ahead and sticky this.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

boovax posted:

Hey, I didn't know you guys were doing this. Seems cool though, I'll go ahead and sticky this.

Muchos gracias!

Wilford Cutlery
Mar 19, 2005

Stick a fork in me, I need to check my blood sugar.

I suggested hangover.exe

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Already over 100 orders? drat, that's a lot.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2013 around 17:22

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

I like the idea of having both graphics, one on each side, and it seems like there might be a decent amount of other goons that like that idea too. Would it be prudent to add a "both" option for the poll or would it be too late at this point?

Sir Unimaginative
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I need a high-res grenade image.

Site says vector graphics, and since you're likely starting from scratch might as well get it right the first time.

EDIT: Yes, it says that high-res raster (photo) graphics are okay, but 1) that's for photos and 2) see above.

Sir Unimaginative fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2013 around 17:35

sports
Sep 1, 2012
I'm a stupid fucker who can't shut-up about how great Apple computers are! I want Steve Jobs semen in and around my mouth.

are they church key style? I'd be down for one if they are.

dotster
Aug 28, 2013

I am down for a few, order submitted.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Do not ingest.

Order submitted.

I chose the grenade, but I wish there was an option for both. Grenade on one side and "Needful" on the other?

Or maybe the SA grenade with "please do the needful" wrapping around it?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Agrikk posted:

Order submitted.

I chose the grenade, but I wish there was an option for both. Grenade on one side and "Needful" on the other?

Or maybe the SA grenade with "please do the needful" wrapping around it?

They're double sided, so we can do both if necessary. I'm kinda hoping for validation in here on that.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Oh my god...

Paladine_PSoT posted:

They're double sided, so we can do both if necessary. I'm kinda hoping for validation in here on that.

If it doesn't cost any more to do both sides, then grenade on one side and "the needful ->" on the other sounds like the way to go.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I think I am the only one where "do the needful" angers me so much I don't even want it on a thumb drive.

I think if someone could draw up a grenade with "do the needful" wrapped around it, it would look pretty cool.

Edit: Getting one regardless of the final design.

Moey fucked around with this message at Oct 24, 2013 around 19:28

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009

SamDabbers posted:

If it doesn't cost any more to do both sides, then grenade on one side and "the needful ->" on the other sounds like the way to go.

^^ Yea, this would own.

e: Or the combo grenade/text.

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

Moey posted:

I think I am the only one where "do the needful" angers me so much I don't even want it on a thumb drive.

Double the reason to crack open a drink.

Ur Getting Fatter
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Are these 2.0 or 3.0? The site doesn't say.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I would be willing to bet 2.0

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

I ordered 2, if we do the 100 for needful and 50 grenade could I get one of each?

If we do one on each side that's fine too

Horse Divorce
Nov 25, 2009

Any idea what color the body is going to be?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I was looking at black, honestly, it's the most neutral.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Moey posted:

You are correct, sir. Putting this in the OP

Ur Getting Fatter
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Moey posted:

That's a shame, you can get USB 3.0 devices for around the same price (I know it's not the point, but I don't need or want a USB 2.0 key enough to justify spending the money just for the novelty factor).

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

That's a shame, you can get USB 3.0 devices for around the same price (I know it's not the point, but I don't need or want a USB 2.0 key enough to justify spending the money just for the novelty factor).

Novelty factor is the entire reason we're doing this. This is SA, after all.

update: 150 drives ordered and counting in 24 hours!

Sarcasmatron
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.

This is a great thing you're doing.

dotster
Aug 28, 2013

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I was looking at black, honestly, it's the most neutral.

I would rather see silver brushed metal but black would be fine as well. I would love to have the grenade on the other side.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

dotster posted:

I would rather see silver brushed metal but black would be fine as well. I would love to have the grenade on the other side.

Oh, the housing is brushed aluminum, the plastic thumb drive sides would be black. Right now the idea is needful on the top, grenade on the bottom, both laser etched. I should be getting proofs soon.

Anyone have any thoughts on a font for the needful side or should I just put it in comic loving sans?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fire Sights and LED Lights

ESC 2010 Never Forget

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on a font for the needful side or should I just put it in comic loving sans?

Please no.

What about something like Soho Gothic Pro.

dotster
Aug 28, 2013

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Oh, the housing is brushed aluminum, the plastic thumb drive sides would be black. Right now the idea is needful on the top, grenade on the bottom, both laser etched. I should be getting proofs soon.

That all sounds good. Helvetica would be my preference for the font but just do the needful.

ExtraFox
May 21, 2003

~all of these candy~

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I'd honestly prefer MT Extra over Comic Sans. There are tons of terrible comedy options (lookin' at you, Papyrus) but a sensible sans-serif font would probably be best.

I wouldn't care as much if it weren't that three of the four I'm ordering are intended to be Christmas gifts.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Anyone for a comedy "gently caress PRINTERS" option in Impact?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

nitrogen posted:

Anyone for a comedy "gently caress PRINTERS" option in Impact?

I drink to forget about the printers, not be reminded of them.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Ehhhh, I think comic sans would be a bit much. I'd say keep it plain. Make it look like a real "in case of emergency" sign.

Also I think I selected "2" instead of "1" under how many I'd order, whoops.

SourKraut
Nov 20, 2005

Liberty Cabbage

Really excited to see how the laser engraving turns out - I ordered two, and will possibly get another or so.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

I'm in for one of the "Do the needful" ones, but I'm currently moving and don't have an address I can enter (as in 2 weeks I won't be able to get mail anymore)

As soon as I get my new address I'll put in an order

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

UndyingShadow posted:

I'm in for one of the "Do the needful" ones, but I'm currently moving and don't have an address I can enter (as in 2 weeks I won't be able to get mail anymore)

As soon as I get my new address I'll put in an order

2 weeks might be a bit late, put in an order and just put in your email address and vague details as to where you'll be living (city/state) and i'll email you later down the road when it's time to ship.

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?

I've put in for one, any combo of needful and grenade is good with me

I am international (UK), hope that's ok and shipping won't be too terrifyingly expensive? I would have PM'd before, but, well, I don't have PMs and SA keeps rejecting my payment methods so it looks like I'm stuck that way for the moment...

HalloKitty
Sep 30, 2005

Adjust the bass and let the Alpine blast

LooseLeafTea posted:

I've put in for one, any combo of needful and grenade is good with me

I am international (UK), hope that's ok and shipping won't be too terrifyingly expensive? I would have PM'd before, but, well, I don't have PMs and SA keeps rejecting my payment methods so it looks like I'm stuck that way for the moment...

I'm in the UK too. It's a light as hell item, I can't imagine it would cost a huge amount to stick in a small jiffy bag.

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

I'd really enjoy grenade on one side, needful on the other. in for two regardless of the outcome.

Smello
Jun 26, 2002

This avatar created for your entertainment by HPopper 2.0.

Didn't really care about which option so I voted penis, if we order both I'll take whichever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Jackal
Sep 13, 2009

ordered, would love to see "Do the needful" over a SA Gernade

«18 »