Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Oh I see where the confusion is coming from. The chart you're looking at is is the composition and placement of monsters in random encounters. That's got nothing to do with treasure, though. The rules I was referencing about how to roll random treasure after a fight is towards the end of the Combat section.

For example, your Court's average level is 4, there's five members of the Court, and you roll a 5 on the random encounter table. That one Vampire in the enemy Encampment and five Ghouls in the enemy Vanguard. If the party wins the fight, and I'll assume none of the monsters fled, you're going to roll for treasure twice. The first will be for the Vampire (Level 8) on the chart marked "Individual Level 6-10/Total Levels 10-15" so find out what the Vampire was carrying or hoarding. The second roll is for the Ghouls (Level 4), and you're going to add up all their levels for a total of 20, then roll on the chart labelled "Individual Level 11-15/Total Levels 16-22." Where the monsters started on the battlefield or end up when the fight is over doesn't matter for treasure.

Also, remember to include any extra powers, buffs, or weaknesses you have put on a monster to make it more unique, since those all adjust a monster's level. Keep in mind that it's the GM's choice to combine levels for the same monsters, you just need to announce whether or not you're combining a group. For example, if you have an encounter with two powerful monsters of the same type, but give them both some very different bonuses to make each one unique, you may decide to roll treasure separately for each one instead of combining their levels because they could be different enough to feel like different monsters entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Any updates on the project?

Well, outside of that, I'm curious if anyone is familiar with this game's collection of supplementary materials, because I got a couple of question to ask since I'm trying to purchase it via Rakuten.

1) Are there only 2 "big supplement books" for this game - Overkill Paradise and Baroque Campaign? I can only find the former on Rakuten but that's because the English website has an annoying habit of Babelfishing all of the product's name.

2) What's up with these smaller supplements? What do they contain and are they worth buying at all?

3) Is this part of the Meikyuu Kingdom line or is the name just a concidence? I don't even know what it's supposed to be (what the heck's a "Mayokin?")

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
"mayokin" is an abbreviation of Meikyuu Kingdom ("mayo" is another reading of the "mei" [迷] in "meikyuu" [迷宮])

Some of those "supplements" are actually replay books, but I think the link in #3 is a set of cardboard minis for the game

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Rasamune posted:

Some of those "supplements" are actually replay books, but I think the link in #3 is a set of cardboard minis for the game
Don't think the one I linked to is a replay, but mostly I assume that if it's a replay, the book title generally says it. Thanks for the help on identifying the 3rd though.

Also I finally found Baroque campaign on Rakuten but it's out of stock. I'm kind of wondering if it's out of print for quite some time though. The official site itself hasn't been updated since 2006 or something.

So... no news on the translation side?

milkk
Jun 17, 2014
so as a DM, i'm trying to run my friends through this game, and it seems really spastic in its difficulty. maybe i'm not reading the charts right, but it seems like the game is stupid easy, right up until the "ruler's room" where it becomes next to impossible, since the amount of "total levels" in the rulers room is more than the entire rest of the dungeon. is this right?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Has there been any major or minor updates on the project?

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Covok posted:

If it makes you feel better, Ewen's recent appearance on a podcast said they were "hard at work" on it.

No other news though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Covok posted:

We're in a very un-sexy part of the project where we're waiting for materials from the Japanese side of the equation but nothing is really being fabricated out of that. As far as "hard at work" is concerned, we are making sure that we have the appropriate processes in place to get the material in the right format for all the various bits that are important to getting the core set ready. However long that actually takes is mostly dependent on the Japanese publisher of the source material.

• Locked thread