Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Sorry to necro, but nobody is talking about the Coop DLC that is coming out next week. I guess like myself, most people have probably already shelved the game, but I enjoyed it enough to where I think I might try it out a little bit. Hopefully they don't price it too high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/killzone-shadow-fall-intercept-hits-june-25th-e3-trailer-revealed/

Of course this will probably divide the community, and barely anyone will buy it or be playing it. I am starting to hate when developers divide the community.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
it can also be purchased stand alone so other can join in that don't want the rest of KZ, so there is that.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Twibbit posted:

it can also be purchased stand alone so other can join in that don't want the rest of KZ, so there is that.

Yeah, but that comes much later, I think in August. By the time that happens, most people aren't going to be playing anymore most likely.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

How many people play currently?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Seems like a good few. I've never had issues finding a match, though whether or not your team is any good is a totally different matter.

Also I've noticed it seems like high fire rate weapons do best in this game. It just seems like there is no reason to use Helgast weapons most of the time. Well unless it's the LMG.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got a little bonus so I am picking up a PS4 today. Give it to me straight, folks. Is this game worth getting? I'm used to playing CS:GO, TF2, Tribes, etc. on the PC so I am definitely looking for a twitchy multiplayer experience. Worried that this is one of those launch titles with really shallow multiplayer. Perfect Dark Zero still stings to this day....

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Got a little bonus so I am picking up a PS4 today. Give it to me straight, folks. Is this game worth getting? I'm used to playing CS:GO, TF2, Tribes, etc. on the PC so I am definitely looking for a twitchy multiplayer experience. Worried that this is one of those launch titles with really shallow multiplayer. Perfect Dark Zero still stings to this day....

This really isn't super twitch multiplayer. Is much slower moving objective based game play. Support abilities play a massive role in personal and team success.

A lot people seemed to of felt pretty "meh" about it, but this was my first Killzone and got it for 30 bucks so I didn't have high expectations.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the impression. Think I will pick up one of the sports games since there may be more replayability.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Picked up the coop dlc and it's pretty disappointing. So far the best strategy is unlocking jetpacks and using that to win. You don't even need the jetpack, just use the gun because it is better than half the guns in the game.

Also the tactician only gets a lovely ripper pistol to fight with and can't pick up weapons. The extent of his gameplay is simply replacing your turrets when they blow up. That's it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I wish I could have shared having a disappointing time with you, seriously. I have had killzone on top of my ps4 for like 4 months but so is MGS:GZ but that is actually in the ps4, so I am conflicted to actually eject it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Scyron posted:

I wish I could have shared having a disappointing time with you, seriously. I have had killzone on top of my ps4 for like 4 months but so is MGS:GZ but that is actually in the ps4, so I am conflicted to actually eject it.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have some people to play with. I still like playing but some of the decisions with this game are dumb

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

blackguy32 posted:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have some people to play with. I still like playing but some of the decisions with this game are dumb

Killzone 2.aiming The Weighted Decision.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

leidend posted:

I haven't played any previous KZ game either but thought it was supposed to be analogous to Israel/Palestine. Both sides trying to paint the other side as evil while doing some pretty horrible poo poo to each other.

From Palestine, today

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
gently caress mission number 7. If the bullshit descent in the spire wasn't bullshit enough, the amount of shielded helgasts is just too much, otherwise I'm liking this game and preferring it to cod:ghosts. I think it's time to hit the multiplayer.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
How's the MP for this? Dead? I don't care about the SP at all and the game is now $20

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Necroing this thread as I got tired of Destiny and switched over to Killzone.

Anyone still playing? I'm enjoying the MP and, while slow to find players every now and then, getting a full team going doesn't take long.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

Necroing this thread as I got tired of Destiny and switched over to Killzone.

Anyone still playing? I'm enjoying the MP and, while slow to find players every now and then, getting a full team going doesn't take long.

I play every now and then. I usually don't jump on unless someone else is playing though. I even bought the COOP DLC

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

blackguy32 posted:

I play every now and then. I usually don't jump on unless someone else is playing though. I even bought the COOP DLC

the Coop community died too fast in this game. I legit unironically loved the hell out of it.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is the COop worth the price?

I just picked up my PS4 a couple of weeks back, a Destiny Bundle, but now that Destiny has pretty much run it's course and become worthless I've switched over to Killzone and am loving it. I just wish they'd kept the sequence from the end of the MP rounds in Killzone 3. I think those were better than the standing around/execution stuff of 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

LCL-Dead posted:

Is the COop worth the price?

I just picked up my PS4 a couple of weeks back, a Destiny Bundle, but now that Destiny has pretty much run it's course and become worthless I've switched over to Killzone and am loving it. I just wish they'd kept the sequence from the end of the MP rounds in Killzone 3. I think those were better than the standing around/execution stuff of 4.

It wasn't when it first came out. The challenges were insane making one class pretty drat useless and it was the one that was always free because no one wanted to play with only a pistol. The game was broken in that you did enough to unlock jetpacks and then just spend the round using that because the gun on it was better than most of the default weapons. But I think they have made some changes.

• Locked thread