Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Evil Canadian, can you add the torrent of the 950MB MP video to the OP? I'm on my phone right now so I can't look for it, but Ularg should still have it. I'm still seeing when I can, and hopefully more people could do the same when they see this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VarXX posted:

It's because we've reached a bottleneck in Hard drive capacity. The way harddrive capacity essentially works today is they stack platters on top of each other and eventually you reach a point where you can't stack any more before it starts to become unstable. We're also reaching a similar bottleneck with silicon processors.

Is it true that this capacity ceiling isn't really a thing with SSDs, and so they will eventually surpass HDDs in storage and one ay make them obsolete?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

VarXX posted:

From what I understand the capacity ceiling is actually much lower.

Really? My understanding was that there's only so much information you can physically store on a platter, while SSDs can potentially do more (they just don't because of cost, which will eventually come down).

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

If I can get a link to it absolutely, I don't know where to find it offhand though.

I tried 'Copy Magnet URL to Clipboard' in Vuze and it gave me this:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:HCMFUJIHCZXKXQQWN34R7IRAXPW4VEQI&dn=KillzoneShadowFall%20Multiplayer.rar&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80%2Fannounce

Hopefully it works. There's also the MEGA download here, but it didn't work for some people: https://mega.co.nz/#!VtlCRDaL!T9VUfnQDsulcBt3usnnkU1_qNCAkS1xTeHdtKYhs2tA

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Rad reversible covers without iconographic clutter are cooler.

This. I wish every game did a BioShock Infinite.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

This is what I was looking for, thanks for making this.

E: do you have a link to the actual list?

What do I put in the timezone? I live in Australia.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Lumpy posted:

Aussies are close to / the same as Asia, right? If not, I will gladly add an Aussie option.

Not quite the same, I don't think, but it may be 'close enough'.

According to Google, Asia timezones range from UTC+02:00 to UTC+12:00. Australia is only +8:00 to +10:00.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ashtarath posted:

For the moment I have myself down with no headset but it's going to be one of the first things I grab with my ps4. Can't wait to play gun shoots with goons for a change.

Like was said earlier the PS4 is coming with a basic mic, so don't worry.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Rinkles posted:

The have been pushing that angle rather heavily with this game. At least as far as the release material/marketing is concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuG0jiYkk9s

Killzone Mercenary addresses it too, as the ISA and Helghast commanders are both genocidal shitheels. I feel like the “ISA are just as bad" interpretation was something Guerrilla Games didn't mean from the start, but since the end of Killzone 3 they've realised it's a more interesting sort of story and decided to jump on it, hence its major usage in Mercenary and Shadow Fall.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I'd like an invite. PSN: BreakAtmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Something I was curious about. Was there ever a game before Killzone 2 that had the Warzone-style mode of shifting objectives mid-match, or did Killzone 2 straight-up invent that?

• Locked thread