Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
EngineerScotty
Oct 27, 2013

Having played eve for a month, i was wandering how on earth I am supposed to make enough money for plex? any help would be welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

I have cum too interpret at will

Somebody just poo poo the bed.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

Joining Something Awful was the first step of your pro eve player career, for sure! I see a bright future ahead of you, young goon.

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Great idea, this thread.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Cut the k/ids in half

Ask FYAD they will know.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Welcome to the forums.
FYI: goons can be pretty protective of their gaming secrets. A bit more of your gaming history and background may be a good idea. Cross-posting in FYAD doesn't hurt either; those folks don't play as much these days, but they have a lot of experience to draw on.

Good luck in your wonderings.

Rotanee
Feb 15, 2007

If you are in the US, I checked Amazon by chance a few minutes ago and they have a special going on: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, $5.00 for 3 PLEX. No idea if it's a typo mistake by Amazon, or a way for CCP to try to get the price of PLEX in game down.

You have to connect your Amazon account with your CCP account, and the plex are deposited into your account to collect in game. US billing address only.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The Great Saiyaman is Super Groovin! It's a level beyond mere groovin!

A good start might have been spending the you put into this account on PLEX.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rotanee posted:

If you are in the US, I checked Amazon by chance a few minutes ago and they have a special going on: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...8?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, $5.00 for 3 PLEX. No idea if it's a typo mistake by Amazon, or a way for CCP to try to get the price of PLEX in game down.

You have to connect your Amazon account with your CCP account, and the plex are deposited into your account to collect in game. US billing address only.

This was gone within 20 minutes because Amazon goofed.

RYYSZLA
May 11, 2013

Haquer posted:

This was gone within 20 minutes because Amazon goofed.

Confirmed.

I made 33b off that poo poo first though

SpoiledDerpie
May 18, 2012

It would appear that you don't want to spend money on EVE, but now that you are here, why not buy the "EVE Collector's Box"?

In for $10, in for $150.

You are not one those people who quits EVE after a month, are you?

tekproxy
Aug 19, 2011

1.upto(?d){|e|puts ["%sTime"%x=[:Adventure][e%3]][e%5]||x||e}

I want to troll, but I'm also new and know how it feels. The short answer is: There is no short answer.

The medium answer is: Of course there's no short answer. If it was that easy, everyone would do it. If there were 2-3 things anyone could do or quickly distill in a forum post for how to make enough for plex, then everyone would do those things.

If you're willing to grind, I know friends who have made enough money for plex with mining. They didn't mind spending several days mindlessly mining to pay for a game that allowed them to mine more. I have poo poo to do, and can't be bothered to come home after work and work more to not have to pay for working a second job.

Your isk-earning potential seems to be 50/50 real life skills and knowledge and character skills. But you have to "plug-in" that potential into a group of other people so you can achieve more than you could have individually.

From my limited experience, here's my advice:
Try a lot of different things. Read a lot. Figure out what you find fun and rewarding, and hope what you like is in demand. You probably won't be able to make it big entirely on your own without being really bored.

And you may find this helpful:
http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/eve-wtd.jpg

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008
I'm a cunt who thinks children committing suicide is funny. I'm a cunt. I'm a cunt. I'm a cunt.

More like lEvE the forums forever.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

I'm sure a great first step to making money in EVE is learning how to properly post on message boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching

why is it always an Eve player that makes these threads, every loving time!