Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grue Bouncer
Nov 19, 2002

don't fuck you me, you
These are low res pieces from my culinary school portfolio, which I blurred out my name out of paranoia to put up on the web somewhere a few years ago (because I lost the original psd files, so I couldn't just take the text out)... I've got the hi-res images kicking around somewhere... if anybody wants to see one, let me know.

I think it turned out well, though I had NO idea what I was doing, and most of the photography and styling had to be done in a period of about 3 or 4 minutes, because we were usually scrambling around to finish up class. My only technique, initially, was 'get close so they can really see the food, and do it from an angle so it's not boring.' I didn't even really know how to deal with the shutter speed and aperture, so I ended up taking a million pictures to get one of each I thought was decent, and some of them were junk. One or two, like the Bavarian, had some blemishes removed in photoshop. The rest of them have been adjusted for color/contrast. They were shot with an old Canon PowerShot camera, which served me well. I printed them on 10x17 paper and spiral bound it, at kinkos. Wasn't cheap, but the pictures looked nice in print.

I particularly like the donuts, the one labeled 'ripieni', the scotch eggs, and the wok seared shrimp and grits.

andoille: arista: bavarian: brandade: bucatini: chutney: courdecreme: creamapple: danish: donuts: fake_cut_lemon: fake_cutlets: farsumagru: flammakeuchen: flan: flourless_cake: foisgras: galantine: grilled_pizza: kulibikaya: lambpie: lemon_pastry: madelines: meurette: mimi: miso: money: mozarella: palmiers: paparot: pasta_pizza: piperade: poboy: ravioli: ribs: ripieni: risotto: roberta: roqbread: sardines: scotch_eggs: sfogliata: shrimp: souffle: strudel: tapenade: tart: terrine: trout: tuscan_bread: veal: vegterrine: volauvent:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grue Bouncer
Nov 19, 2002

don't fuck you me, you

GrAviTy84 posted:

am I doing this right?

Remedy by gtrwndr87, on Flickr

If by 'right' you mean eating your burrito with 4 kinds of hot sauces to choose from, then yes. Absolutely.

• Locked thread