Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Hedrigall posted:

I've been considering buying the Earthsea Quartet for years, and thanks to this thread I finally went and bought this very pretty edition. It has the first four novels (hence "quartet"). Am I right in thinking that, once I'm done with this volume, all I'll need to get is The Other Wind and Tales from Earthsea to have the complete experience?

There's also two related short stories in The Wind's Twelve Quarters :haw:

In fact, checking wiki it appears they were where she created Earthsea, basically.

The Wind's Twelve Quarters is my favorite short story book, with Darkness Box and Things being some of my favorite short stories ever, so you should get it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Oh, I just remembered something: If you like Earthsea, I'd recommend giving Peter S. Beagle's Innkeeper's Song a try, along with his short story collection (in the same setting) Giant Bones. It's the closest fantasy to Le Guin's stuff I've ever come across.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Yeah, I'm always surprised each time I go to reread Wizard of Earthsea at how thin the book is. So much happens in the book, so beautifully described, and yet it isn't even 200 pages long :wtf:

I've read books three times as thick that didn't have half as much going on.

• Locked thread