Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
From a structural standpoint with the way bike racing works, it makes sense for there to be another threat other than the ~DESTINED RIVALS~ team. And generally speaking with these kinda stories you have the guy you don't mind competing with, and then you have the guys who are just intensely unpleasant in a variety of ways.

So I like Midousuji's function in the story. Plus he's pretty entertaining. That being said, I kind of wish this was one of those sports manga where he'd get his rear end kicked for pulling that kind of poo poo, but Sohoku is too full of honorable sportsmen and huge nerds for that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
That was a really weird place to end it, both in terms of story and episode count. Did they originally plan for 52 episodes (four cours) then decide to cut a cour from the first season when the second was greenlit?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

OnimaruXLR posted:

From a structural standpoint with the way bike racing works, it makes sense for there to be another threat other than the ~DESTINED RIVALS~ team. And generally speaking with these kinda stories you have the guy you don't mind competing with, and then you have the guys who are just intensely unpleasant in a variety of ways.

So I like Midousuji's function in the story. Plus he's pretty entertaining. That being said, I kind of wish this was one of those sports manga where he'd get his rear end kicked for pulling that kind of poo poo, but Sohoku is too full of honorable sportsmen and huge nerds for that to happen.

He's already doomed to failure, he's going into the third day with only four riders and no significant lead.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 5, 2014

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

How much merchandise from both shows do I have to buy to keep this going forever?
$42.00 worth. The answer will always be 42.

My son asked me if this show was worth a watch. I told him, if only for Frank and Andy, yes!

I'm not all that interested in biking as a sport, and I don't generally like sports anime, but this show has been terrific.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Some day in the future , a kid is going to say, "My dad said this anime was pretty good so I think we should watch it."

That will be a very weird day.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Is it just me or has it been a long while since any of the manga has been translated?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed but I think the anime is actually past the manga fan translation now.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

paragon1 posted:

Some day in the future , a kid goon is going to say, "My dad said this anime was pretty good so I think we should watch it."

That will be a very weird day.

Fixed that for you. :v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
One day we may have three generations of goon families on these forums.

Goon grandpas.

Goonpas.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
I found out why Midousuji is doing so well:

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Two fresh volumes got translated and are up on batoto, in case anyone wants to read ahead of the anime during the wait for S2.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFS0zvGsEI0

Okay, so whoever's in charge of the Yowamushi Pedal sponsor messages went the extra mile.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzqI3RBBQo

Pretty well made.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

The Devil Tesla posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFS0zvGsEI0

Okay, so whoever's in charge of the Yowamushi Pedal sponsor messages went the extra mile.

I like the final few ones, holy poo poo. The lightning effects what the hell is happening.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Neeksy posted:

I like the final few ones, holy poo poo. The lightning effects what the hell is happening.

It's loving fantastic how it starts out with simple video clips, maybe some looped or reversed animation and then whoever's making them just gets more and more into it. I lost it at the censored faces.

RasputinVarez
Nov 12, 2012
I irrationally support inferior conflict CPU's and refute any benchmarks presented to me because of "reasons".

If I'm giving PC advice, you should probably just ignore me.
I haven't finished this anime yet, only a bit over half way through. It's been a long time since I've watched an anime, i tried getting into "Edge La Edge" as I liked Gurren Lagann but it was style over substance and had a bit too much fan-service of young girls (17 might be legal in my country, doesn't make it any less uncomfortable), and was too quick to go for the dumb joke instead of character development and storytelling, so i fond it shallow and uninteresting.

But this little "cute boys doing cute things" anime about bike racing really has rekindled my love of the occasional Anime. Character development and growth, storytelling, people working hard and getting rewarded for it, characters you can actually care about, good art (even with some pretty bad CGI at points)wow, this is one hell of an anime. I should look for more Animes like this, but when I asked on a board made for Animes, i was banned for "trolling" for using the word Animes... I am now looking at buying a good bicycle when i move to the city with a real job, and this anime helped me get back into fitness and jogging.

TL;DR: Basically, what i'm trying to say in the most Autistic way possible, is that this Anime is the one that has gotten me back into anime after years of being animeless, helped get me out of a bout of depression and continue with some courses i'm taking, helped me get back into fitness again, and has encouraged me to take up cycling soon. I like this anime a lot.

And now I need to get that Edward Elric model out of the box it's in and back on my shelf! Perhaps I should buy an Onoda figma...

FAT BATMAN posted:

Is it just me or has it been a long while since any of the manga has been translated?

The woman doing the translating for this has apparently been spending her time on the stage-show translation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70A6oPNOeI
oh god what the gently caress this is retarded...

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYUfp0qv1tA

Trailer for the recap movie for S1.

K. Flaps fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 15, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

RasputinVarez posted:

I haven't finished this anime yet, only a bit over half way through. It's been a long time since I've watched an anime, i tried getting into "Edge La Edge" as I liked Gurren Lagann but it was style over substance and had a bit too much fan-service of young girls (17 might be legal in my country, doesn't make it any less uncomfortable), and was too quick to go for the dumb joke instead of character development and storytelling, so i fond it shallow and uninteresting.

But this little "cute boys doing cute things" anime about bike racing really has rekindled my love of the occasional Anime. Character development and growth, storytelling, people working hard and getting rewarded for it, characters you can actually care about, good art (even with some pretty bad CGI at points)wow, this is one hell of an anime. I should look for more Animes like this, but when I asked on a board made for Animes, i was banned for "trolling" for using the word Animes... I am now looking at buying a good bicycle when i move to the city with a real job, and this anime helped me get back into fitness and jogging.

TL;DR: Basically, what i'm trying to say in the most Autistic way possible, is that this Anime is the one that has gotten me back into anime after years of being animeless, helped get me out of a bout of depression and continue with some courses i'm taking, helped me get back into fitness again, and has encouraged me to take up cycling soon. I like this anime a lot.

And now I need to get that Edward Elric model out of the box it's in and back on my shelf! Perhaps I should buy an Onoda figma...

The woman doing the translating for this has apparently been spending her time on the stage-show translation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70A6oPNOeI
oh god what the gently caress this is retarded...

Both Haikyu!! and Baby Steps are very good (for different reasons) and currently airing right now. Haikyu!! is probably more similar to Yowapeda, so try that out first. Eyeshield 21 is also along the same vein, I'd give that a try as well.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

A whole bunch of chapters went up on the 30th. Still hasn't finished the inter-high race but then again it's a sports manga.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Trying to think of a title for the new season thread. Ideas:

• Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - GROSS
  • Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - Me, an experienced cyclist
  • Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - How to make friends and defeat your enemies
  • Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - It's not gay if it's on a bike

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - Your Favorite Hime Song

duh

or just

Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - Hime Hime~

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

boom boom boom posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > HIME HIME HIME SUKI SUKI DAISUKI HIME HIME KIRA KIRARIN KIMI TO MINNA IREBA WATASHI TTE ZETTA MUTEKI HIME HIME HIME SUKI SUKI DAISUKI HIME

See this is a good suggestion

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Yowamushi Pedal: That boy's no Zaku! No Zaku!

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
So I finished catching up with the series, all i gotta say that I'm loving the spirit of these racers

So my biggest question is now. Dose Onoda get a nickname? After his accomplishments in his first race you would think he would have earned one by now.

If not mines: The Smiling Climbing Princess.

zerosix fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 13, 2014

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

XboxPants posted:

Eyeshield 21 is also along the same vein, I'd give that a try as well.

I just marathoned all the episodes of this, and my question is why does it look like it was by the same animation and sound production company as Ranma 1/2? I swear the sound effects and animation was erily identical.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Devil Tesla posted:

Trying to think of a title for the new season thread. Ideas:

• Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - GROSS
  • Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - Me, an experienced cyclist
  • Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - How to make friends and defeat your enemies
  • Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) GRANDE ROAD - It's not gay if it's on a bike

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- Maybe this one won't end in the middle of a contest.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- dewey eyes and throbbing thighs

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- I am Truly Strong, but you will always be my princess

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- plans on plans on plans, love mans on mans on mans on mans on mans

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- it takes the best team to swoon this hard

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- After, like, a year at this, I think I've come to terms with having friends

Or alternatively,

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- I've figured out what friendship means. It means having friends

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 19, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- Frank and Andy's Comeback Tour

:quagmire:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- dewey eyes and throbbing thighs

I think this is a winner.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!
Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- Abs and eyelashes

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
His cadence is over 9000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! Season starts October 6th.

• Locked thread