Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Andy and Frank are my two favorite characters in this anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

At least it didn't take more than three episodes to go the few hundred meters. Also, Frank and Andy are still the best. I wonder which place they took those. Did Frank or Andy come in fourth or fifth? Do they each get medals?

The old team captain was pretty sharp. Plus, does nothing shake up their coach?

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

He's like a giant spider. Plus, he eats bugs. That alone is proof positive he's evil and creepy. There's nothing creepier than a bug eater on a bike.

I was just surprised at how quickly Onoda brushed off the creep factor, regained his focus, and blasted past the creep. Although, it was kind of funny. Onoda's like, "I should be bothered by this guy, right? Naaah." (pedals faster). Massive build up for little effect, I think. I hope there is more destruction caused by this creep later on or I'll be disappointed.

I miss Frank and Andy....

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

As long as Frank and Andy are in the running, I'm good. You had to know the green-haired climber wouldn't win this segment. If he did, then it would be 2-0 our hero's school over the "bad guys" school. There would be no dramatic tension, and we'd want to watch something else next week.

The post-credits scene was pretty funny too.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Zero_Tactility posted:

That said, I agree that Midousuji is boring as hell. He's entertaining as a weird rear end in a top hat, but having him be the best at everything and pulling bullshit out of nowhere (that finish) is not doing anything for me. I don't even hate it, it's just a "Yes, yes, of course he did. Can we get back to someone interesting?" reaction.
I figured Midousjui as a side-character. An interesting, creepy, and annoying counterpoint to the other team(s) being the real threat. I didn't expect him to get as much traction as he has. Overall, he's just plain annoying. After building up Onoda's relationship with that other climber from the other team and the other rivalries, he's just plain in the way of an otherwise really good story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

How much merchandise from both shows do I have to buy to keep this going forever?
$42.00 worth. The answer will always be 42.

My son asked me if this show was worth a watch. I told him, if only for Frank and Andy, yes!

I'm not all that interested in biking as a sport, and I don't generally like sports anime, but this show has been terrific.

• Locked thread