Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I think I'm all on-board with the new-standard art style if they would only give the upper lips of Amethyst and Garnet some shading. Pearl could use a little something-something facially as well, but her redesign is the most successful as I see it -- which is odd because I hated it the most in initial preview. Amethyst looks like she's having an extreme allergic reaction (she did in the pilot but monochrome lips read as swollen where two-tone reads as full), and Garnet is a bit too static rather than just placid. Just a little color in their faces could make them all really pop and come alive.

Anyway, I'm glad I have another shorty-episode animated series to watch; Steven Universe holds its own decently enough as a first episode against some pretty drat good company and I'm curious to see what happens with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Hi, I like gifs.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

This loving show.

• Locked thread