Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
https://discord.gg/edHrZ3vycm
Discord channel invite! bitch at me if it doesn't work!

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

Goon Shell is on Asura, as are most other NA players. Create or transfer there unless you have a really really good reason not to.

Everything below is woefully out of date because i'm a lazy gently caress.

Square-Enix's long running, and most profitable Final fantasy game, FFXI, is on it's 11th year of running. And with it's 5th major expansion released last year alongside a new director, the game has changed quite a bit. Gone are the 18 hour unkillable boss fights, the lonely wait for a party invite, or the Bitter Sting of Brutal Difficulty and utter failure. With a new developer (who isn't into abusing his player-base for jollies) Mixing up the game Quite a bit, there is an interesting Time coming, here are the teasers for this month's update:

quote:

Matsui: November Version Update Contents

Hello, it's Matsui.

This post is to inform you of the planned contents for the early November version update.

In the November version update, new Seekers of Adoulin missions and related areas, new Naakuals, Monstrosity PvP, new SP abilities, and the upgrades for Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons are scheduled to be introduced. The overall implementation plans are summarized in the table below, so please check it out.

Following the November version update, we've decided to do another version update in December. We will inform you a bit later about the contents of the December version update.

Additionally, from here on out we will be changing our version update policy. Starting with the December version update, rather than continuing with the previous procedure of an update once every three months or so, since this was considered to be a long time, we're thinking about reducing this to once a month so we can respond to feedback more quickly.

The new SP abilities that we have kept you waiting for will be introduced in November for all 22 jobs, including Geomancer and Rune Fencer. Since there has been a lot of feedback on this, I will make a separate post with more information. Right now the development team is working on finalizing all of the details, so please give me a bit more time to put that together.

This might be a little disappointing to some of you, but the higher level mission battlefields that we planned to implement in November will be postponed to December (the higher level seal battlefields are still targeted for November). There are a lot of items that we're focused on implementing in the November version update, so we had to prioritize those items while setting aside time for the necessary testing for the new battlefields.

I know everyone's been looking forward to this and I'm sorry that it didn't make the cut, but we will be using this extra time for adjustments to make these battlefields great content.

Please note that the other items that are currently planned for the November version update could potentially be postponed if any serious problems arise during testing.

Anyway, please enjoy the update and thanks for playing FFXI!

[[Everything below is scheduled to be added in November.]]

Missions / Quests

Seekers of Adoulin Missions
Addition of Chapter 3.
Relaxation of the conditions for participation in missions.
Seekers of Adoulin Quests
Addition of new quests in the city of Adoulin.
Addition of new quests in the new areas.
Survival Skills Quests
Addition of a new quest to acquire survival skills.
Addition of a new survival skill.
Coalition Assignments
Addition of coalition assignments corresponding to the new areas.
Mog Garden Quests
Addition of quests related to the Mog Garden.
Seasonal Events
Repeat Login Campaign
Addition of a mechanism to specify the number of items to exchange points for.
Adjustment of Inventory Expansion Quests
Relaxation of the quest conditions.
Adjustment of Magical Map Acquisition Quests
Review of quest rewards.
Changes to NPCs which sell magical maps.

Areas / Monsters

New Areas
Addition of new areas.
Addition of monsters and NPCs in new areas.
Addition of new Ergon Loci.
Addition of new gathering and fishing locations.
New Naakuals
Addition of new Wildskeeper Reive monsters.
New Monsters
Addition of new monster types in the new areas.
Adjustments to Certain NMs
Reducing respawn time and increasing item drop rate.

Content / System

Addition of Higher Level Seal Battlefields
Battles will be added for level 99 difficulty, along with new rewards.
Treasure Casket Adjustments
Increase in the probability of a brown treasure casket appearing.
Change all chests to allow 5-6 chances to unlock.
Addition of body equipment to chest rewards.
Celennia Memorial Library Adjustments
Addition of new achievements.
Additional Reive Functions
Addition of a system to review content level.
Skirmish Additions / Adjustments
Increase remaining time after using the Fenestral Key from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.
Additional Delve Functions
Additional Outpost Functions
Addition of a system to warp between outposts.

Reive-related

Addition of Wildskeeper Reives
New Wildskeeper Reives will be added for the new areas.
New equipment added.
Wildskeeper Reive Adjustments
Content level adjustment
Adjustment to entry requirements
Addition and adjustment of reward items
Adjust the effect of colonization rate on weakening
Addition of Colonization / Lair Reives
Colonization and Lair Reives added for the new areas.

Monstrosity

PvP System
Addition of Monster vs. Adventurer battles
Addition of Monster vs. Adventurer rewards
Battle balance adjustments
Addition of new sub-species
Adjustment of instincts
Adjustment of monster skills
Adjustment of elemental resistance
Adjustment of stats
Adjust the stats of some monsters to be influenced by their age.

Mog Garden

Additional Functions
Addition of a Porter Moogle
Addition of a mechanism to invite party members to your Mog Garden
Add new items to plant
Adjustment of UI
The default cursor position will be set to enter the Mog Garden when speaking to the entrance NPC.

Battle System-related

New SP Abilities
New SP abilities will be added for all 22 jobs.
Unlocking of Empyrean/Coin Weapon Dedicated Weapon Skills
Unlocking conditions will be added.
Blue Mage Adjustments
New Blue Magic spells will be added.
Adjustment of the "Tractor" Black Magic Spell
The Reive participation status will not be removed upon receiving Tractor while participating in Reives.

Item-related

Artifact Upgrades
Adjustment of performance
Addition of upgrade mechanism
Relic / Mythic / Empyrean Weapon Upgrades
Adjustment of performance
Addition of upgrade mechanism
Relax the Conditions to Create Coin Weapons
Addition of New Bayld Exchange Equipment
New equipment will be added between other item level 106 and 113 equipment.
Adjustment of Storable Items on Storage Slips
Addition of New Seals
These items will be required to participate in the new high level battlefields.
Adjustment of Seal Drop Rate
The availability of seals will be adjusted according to the number of party members.

UI-related

Adjustment of Item Help Text
Addition of "Magic Accuracy Skill +" to certain items

Holy poo poo, that's alot! There's adjustments to alot of old content that was either gated poorly or arduous, alongside a large expansion to Seekers content, namely 2 new zones and increasing Monstrosity.

So the details:

Where are the goons?
The main goon linkshell group is on Asura and it is called "GetOut" I lead it, and almost any experienced member has a pearlsack to hand out pearls. the shell usually has a small handful of goons playing.

How do i reactivate?
If you need to re-activate your PlayOnline ID but you don't remember your ID/Password, call (858) 790-7529 between 12PM-9PM Eastern time and wait on hold for an hour for a customer service rep. They'll ask you for identifying info about the account, so if you know the old credit card number or any of the other old info they can probably get your ID and password back in your hands so you can resubscribe.

You will need to sign up for a Square-Enix account/convert your old PlayOnline ID into one - Use the Square-Enix Account Management System accessible from the main FFXI website to register your IDs and create the account. It's free to do and everyone who plays needs to have one now. On the plus side, they no longer charge full price for partial months when you resubscribe - you are billed every 30 days instead of the start of each month.

Just about any account can be re-activated as long as it wasn't banned, but Square makes no promises. Call them up with the info you have/remember (PlayOnline ID, credit card, email address you signed up with, anything you might have) and they'll do what they can to reactivate you.

PlayOnline requires a Visa or MasterCard that works with Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. If yours doesn't work for whatever reason, call PlayOnline customer support at (858) 790-7529 and they will try to help you. Or put your card info in on a PS2 or X360 copy of the game.

What events are new to Seekers of Adoulin?
Coalition assignments/Reives: A number of varied and relatively short quests and events that are tied into the theme of colonizing the new continent's wild zones. everything from clearing pathways to delivering supplies to outposts. The main goal being getting EXP and Bayld, one of the new 'currencies' ingame used to purchase gear. This is the FIRST THING you should focus on when starting Seekers, as it will gear you up.

Delve And Fracture: The current "Endgame". It involves a 45 minute instanced event with up to 18 members, where you have to burn through 5 bosses, then the megaboss. It currently is where you can get the best gear and weapons. You gain "plasm" here as you kill monsters, and any boss you kill permanently unlocks the ability to purchase it's drops with these points.

Monstrosity:An Oddball event where you play as and level up as various monsters, using their skills. There's alot of content planned for this, including new equipment as well as PVP where you play as the Notorious Monster Boss!

Skirmish: Another aspect of endgame, this time 6 man and 25-60 minutes long. Less of a challenge than Delve, and a good step up from doing Reives. comes in three flavors.
Yorica Weald where you have a sort of base defence, protecting the tent from waves of enemies. Drops Armor.
Cirdas Caverns where you kill room upon room full of regular mobs For weapons
Rala Waterways where you fight bosslike single and double sets of mobs for weapons

What about older content like NNI, Dynamis, Voidwatch, etc?
Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on the event, A large amount of 'old content' was obsoleted with Seekers. Neo nyzul/salvage is almost completely irrelevant, as is voidwatch and numerous others, But Dynamis is still fairly profitable for farmers. Thankfully though A large amount of this content can be soloed and duoed casually to completion, With some possible upcoming updates to catch it up.

Ilevel gear, what the gently caress?
Ilevel is the new system created to 'level' the player without another exp grind, Simple vertical progression. Weapons and armor that have +skill and base stats equal to what a character that level would have. It's intended to 'gate' content so that you need to progress in order to proceed, such as reives ilvl-106> skirmish and wildskeepers ilvl-113 > Delve and fracture ilvl-119.

WORK IN PROGRESS
If you think of info that should be here, let me know, i'll be periodically updating in the next few days, if i wasn't so loving lazy.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Dec 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Reserved space

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Ugh I wanna come back but I'm also liking 14.

What do I do!?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

What do I do!?

Play both!

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

What do I do!?

Resub to keep me company in either SAGoons or GetOut. It is very quiet in both of those LSes.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

frodnonnag posted:

Play both!

This is what I'm doing. Stockholm Syndrome is absolutely not overstating it. This dumb game has some sort of arcane hold on me.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

frodnonnag posted:

Play both!

Yeah ok.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
We've still got a ragtag group of old goons on Cerberus if anyone wants a group.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I am on Quetzalcoatl. Maybe if SE decides to merge servers they will decide to merge Cerberus and Quetzalcoatl.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

WHATEVS SISTER posted:

We've still got a ragtag group of old goons on Cerberus if anyone wants a group.

Ever the jokester :)

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Some "recent" or upcoming quality of life improvements include

-Using the delivery box in your mog house!
-New, free 80 slot bag accessible everywhere!!
-Select the title screen music you want!!!

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Majumbo posted:

That's nice. I hate the Seekers music.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Majumbo posted:

Some "recent" or upcoming quality of life improvements include

-Using the delivery box in your mog house!
-New, free 80 slot bag accessible everywhere!!

Oh man, why did they not put this in earlier?

I really miss this badass music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqlfxHDAfws

Also, I really like this one too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oQ9J-HJm5w

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Haha I love the WotG music. This is a good improvement.

Ooo a new 80 slot bag to fill with stuff I won't see forever. If they could do an "open all bags at once" quality of life improvement THAT would be something special.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
Yeah, the Wings of the Goddess one is legit. It just has this jaunty fuckin' attitude that makes me feel like fun is about to happen.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The CoP and WoTG title screen songs are hands down the best they did, and I found it heartbreaking that they removed them from the game.

Even though the game was at perhaps its most brutal, rear end raping stage during CoP, whenever I logged in, that title screen music got me pumped. It's like, you're logging in, ready to go on a fantastic adventure!

I mean, if you consider sitting in your mog house chatting with your linkshell and waiting forever for invites an adventure, that is.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I can't believe I'm re-subbing to this retarded game. :( Oh well, time to go kill some poo poo on BST. :black101:

Did they fix ninja yet, or are they still useless as a tank in seekers?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I can't believe I'm re-subbing to this retarded game. :( Oh well, time to go kill some poo poo on BST. :black101:

Did they fix ninja yet, or are they still useless as a tank in seekers?

BST is even more op. Farm up enough bayld to buy yourself armor and two axes. With those you can solo lots of stuff.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

Matsui: New SP Abilities

Hello, it's Matsui.

Today, I wanted to inform you about the new SP abilities which we plan to implement in the November version update.

In addition to the abilities which we have tested on the test server we will be adding new SP abilities for the two new jobs Rune Fencer and Geomancer so that a new SP ability for all 22 jobs is added.

The new abilities for each job are as follows:

Warrior

Blazing Rush
Increases double attack rate for the duration of the effect.

Monk

Inner Strength
Increases Maximum HP for the duration of the effect.

White Mage

Asylum
Party members receive a powerful resistance to enfeebling magic and dispel effects for the duration of the effect.

Black Mage

Subtle Sorcery
Decreases enmity generation from magic and increases magic accuracy for the duration of the effect.

Red Mage

Stymie
Greatly increases accuracy of the next enfeebling magic spell.

Thief

Larceny
Steals one positive status effect from the enemy.

Paladin

Intervene
Hits the enemy with your shield to significantly reduce the accuracy and attack power of the target enemy.

Dark Knight

Soul Enslavement
Grants a TP absorption effect to melee attacks for the duration of the effect.

Beastmaster

Unleash
Increases the probability of a successful Charm and reduces the recast time of Sic and Ready.

Bard

Clarion Call
Increases the number of song effects which can be applied to party members by one for the duration of the effect.

Ranger

Overkill
Reduces ranged attack delay and increases the probability of double and triple shots for the duration of the effect.

Samurai

Yaegasumi
Increases evasion to enemy techniques. Grants bonus damage based on TP as more techniques are evaded.

Ninja

Mikage
Grants a bonus to the number of attacks per round on the main weapon based on the remaining number of Utsusemi shadow images for the duration of the effect.

Dragoon

Fly High
Reduces the recast time of Jump for the duration of the effect.

Summoner

Astral Conduit
Reduces the recast time of Blood Pacts for the duration of the effect.

Blue Mage

N. Wisdom
Grants access to additional blue magic spells for the duration of the effect.

Corsair

Cut Cards
Reduces the remaining recast time of SP abilities for party members.

Puppetmaster

Heady Artifice
Orders Automaton to use its SP ability. The SP ability used will differ based on the head.

Dancer

Grand Pas
Flourish effects can be activated without consuming Finishing Moves for the duration of the effect.

Scholar

Caper Emissarius
Gathers enmity of all party members and reassigns to the target party member specified.

Geomancer

Widen Compass
Expands the effect range of Geomancy spells.

Rune Fencer

??? [[No idea what this is - katakana is ODIRIKKUSEBUTA if anyone wants to guess what that is.]]
Significantly reduces the target enemy's magic accuracy.

Thank you for all of the feedback you have provided about the new SP abilities. I will comment for some individual abilities on the feedback we received since there was so much of it.

Red Mage

We received a lot of opinions that the effect of this ability was too small, but after reviewing with the development team, we considered it to have enough potential to be implemented with the current specification.

For monsters added after Seekers of Adoulin's release, with the exception of cumulative resistance and certain specific effects like Petrification and Terror, we have designed monsters (even boss monsters) so that they are not immune to enfeebling effects. That being said, the monsters may have a high resistance and so there is often a high probability that the effects will be resisted. By using this ability as well as Elemental Seal, you should be able to effectively apply enfeebling magic effects to these monsters, and it could greatly expand the range of tactics depending on how the abilities are used.

We understand that for some normal monsters such as Matamata and Harpeia, normal attacks are handled as special techniques. Because Slow does not have an effect on these monsters, we plan to make some corrections on the system side and update the specifications so that Slow will have an effect.

Ninja

We received a lot of concern that this ability would greatly increase the amount of TP given to an enemy and cause more harm than good. After reviewing this feedback, in order to suppress the increase in TP given to monsters, we have added a strong Subtle Blow effect. Since the upper limit of the Subtle Blow effect will also be greatly raised for the duration of the ability, it should be possible to greatly reduce the amount of TP given in combination with job traits and other equipment.

Puppetmaster

In order to increase the amount of enmity granted when the Automaton uses Invincible, we made changes so that it is easier for the Automaton to attract the attention of enemies. We will continue to make adjustments to the SP abilities of each head if we see situations like this in the future.

Also, we received some requests to grant a unique ability rather than granting SP abilities from other jobs. We have looked into this, and while we do plan to carry out a general strengthening in the future, since we wanted to move in a different direction from Overdrive and had to balance originality with practicality, we decided to move forward with the current version of the ability.

[[Really unclear on this part of the translation since I really know nothing about PUP or Overdrive.]] In addition, we will be adjusting Overdrive in the December version update. For the duration of the effect, the maximum stock of one attribute will remain at three, and while it will not be possible to overlap three or more, you will be able to increase up to three attributes at the same time.

Although we initially planned to adjust Overdrive along with the introduction of the new SP abilities, we have decided to delay it a month from the new SP abilities because of schedule concerns. I apologize to those Puppetmasters who were waiting for an adjustment, but please give us a bit more time.

While we know that some people desire further adjustments, at this point we have determined the direction for the performance of each ability and they will be implemented on the servers in the November version update. If you have not participated in the test server in the past, please do so in the future and give us your feedback. We will continue to make balance adjustments as necessary, but please first give the new SP abilities a try in various scenarios.

Details about the new 2hour abilities!

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Some really cool ones, but also some dumb ones. It's kinda lovely a few are just copies of other JAs.

The justification for the RDM one is a bit silly since it's just elemental seal with a longer recast.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Corsair's seems especially useless. "Oh yeah, it's kind of like Wild Card, but instead of being able to use your ability right away, it still has 15 minutes left instead of 45. And it can only reset SP abilities." :effort:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

quote:

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance to accompany the version update. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

* This maintenance will be accompanied by a version update. After maintenance is complete, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

* You may receive errors such as "POL-1160" or "POL-0010" during the download process due to heavy server traffic. If you are unable to access the update, we ask that you please wait a while and then try again.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in making this a smooth version update.
Downloadable file sizes for the FINAL FANTASY XI version update are as follows.
[File size for clients with expansion data disk installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 77.2 MB

Windows Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 135.8 MB

Xbox 360 Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 143MB

[File size for clients without expansion data disk installed.]

"PlayStation 2" Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 46.7 MB

Windows Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 90.7 MB

Xbox 360 Version
Downloadable file size: Approximately 97.9 MB

* The details of the version update will be announced separately on Nov. 4, 2013.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 4, 2013 from 10:00 to 11:30 (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XI

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I was all psyched to get back into this game, then I looked at RDM's new SP ability and it was like a hammerblow to the ankles of my enthusiasm.

At least Summoner's is okay? Sort of?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I was all psyched to get back into this game, then I looked at RDM's new SP ability and it was like a hammerblow to the ankles of my enthusiasm.

At least Summoner's is okay? Sort of?

Summoner's new SP pretty much means we can stunga chainlock a group. It's debatable on if this new ability means any significant amount of damage during it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

frodnonnag posted:

Summoner's new SP pretty much means we can stunga chainlock a group. It's debatable on if this new ability means any significant amount of damage during it.

Yeah, I guess, but I can't think of a time my LS actually uses chainstun, ever. The Sandworm in Legion is the last thing I ever remember chainstunning. Tojil, Dakuwaqa and Muyingwa are selectively stunned by 2 SCHs so that they don't build resist, and that's the entire extent of challenging endgame content at the moment.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah, I guess, but I can't think of a time my LS actually uses chainstun, ever. The Sandworm in Legion is the last thing I ever remember chainstunning. Tojil, Dakuwaqa and Muyingwa are selectively stunned by 2 SCHs so that they don't build resist, and that's the entire extent of challenging endgame content at the moment.

Well, we are getting a new round of hardmode BCNM, so it might be a tactic there.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Christ I think I was the last person on the planet to play on the ps2 and I quit a while ago.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

ChesterJT posted:

Christ I think I was the last person on the planet to play on the ps2 and I quit a while ago.

Apparently a lot of JP play or use to play on the ps2.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch is up, BGWiki is making GBS threads itself thanks to all the traffic.

Official patch notes.

Datamined page.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There are a lot of good pieces of new gear in this patch.

New NIN AF body:
DEF:93 HP+28 STR+15 DEX+21 VIT+18 AGI+16 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+36 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 "Subtle Blow"+7 Haste+4% Enhances "Dual Wield" effect Physical damage: "Shock Spikes" effect

I think that replaces Thaumas Coat.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Red mage relic is "atrophy" gear? fitting...

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

There are a lot of good pieces of new gear in this patch.

New NIN AF body:
DEF:93 HP+28 STR+15 DEX+21 VIT+18 AGI+16 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+36 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 "Subtle Blow"+7 Haste+4% Enhances "Dual Wield" effect Physical damage: "Shock Spikes" effect

I think that replaces Thaumas Coat.

Thaumas Coat is useful if you need the +2% to DA, TA, and QA. Other than that, it was repalced with the bayld gear chest piece when SoA came out. It is sad, but it is true.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Thaumas Coat is useful if you need the +2% to DA, TA, and QA. Other than that, it was repalced with the bayld gear chest piece when SoA came out. It is sad, but it is true.

Thaumas coat is still the top TP piece for the rest of the jobs that can equip it, outside of MNK when Impetus is up and shooting COR's.

The new AF set should of been better as more of a full-time set to pull people back into FFXI, but they made it better than I expected.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 5, 2013

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
I watched a friend playing earlier today, in less then an hour of all grinding he found over a dozen pieces of gear inside of treasure chests. That a pretty great fix for the games anemic AH.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
I'll just leave this here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvmXJnDL2JI

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Some things I've noticed:
-KI for WK Reive's are a lot cheaper now. They are down to a flat 30,000 bayld without any price reductions (15k if you have em all). T
-he older WK fights are hilariously easy now. We just flat out zerg rushed Hurkan and had it dead under 30 minutes.
-You can get the JSE capes as a drop from them.
-BST is ridiculously over powered if you have a high ilvl axe and pop a jug with AF2+2 augmented gloves.
-I haven't really noticed an increase in treasure caskets in FoV/GoV areas. Definitely more items in them though.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Dragoon's new JA is rather lovely. I think I got like 4 extra jumps in with it. :(

WKRs are a lot more fun now that you can just zerg them. Not Yumcax though, he's still a pain in the dick. Seems like they upped the drop rate by a lot which is awesome.

Even the new +1 bayld gear is pretty nice for something so easily attainable. Overall I am really happy with this update. Curious to see how hard the AF+1 bcnms are and how long it will take to upgrade a piece of gear.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Dragoon's new JA is rather lovely. I think I got like 4 extra jumps in with it. :(

WKRs are a lot more fun now that you can just zerg them. Not Yumcax though, he's still a pain in the dick. Seems like they upped the drop rate by a lot which is awesome.

Even the new +1 bayld gear is pretty nice for something so easily attainable. Overall I am really happy with this update. Curious to see how hard the AF+1 bcnms are and how long it will take to upgrade a piece of gear.

AF upgrades require 5 pages for +1s, and 10 for NQs. They come only from 20 kindred seal fights using only the new seals, which only drop in SOA zones. There's 5 difficulty choices, and the droprate for them are 1,1,2,3,4 for those difficulties. You can't trade lesser seals to get these new ones, and can only farm 'em. So there's a bit of a grind.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 5, 2013

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

For those subscribed, Login Campaign #5 begins on November 10th. Notable items include Yggzi shards and +2 empyrean armor items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I am happy that I helped shaped the future of Something Awful FFXI thread titles. :shobon:

I'd also like to point out that account recovery went very smooth for me the last time I reactivated. It had been hacked at some point after I'd stupidly deactivated the one-time password dongle thinking I'd never use it again. I called up Square-Enix and threw as much old info at them as I could - POL ID, Square-Enix account username, my last log-in date, old credit card info, old address... Eventually they directed me to a form to fill out which I had to sign and get notarized in order to prove I was who I said I was. After sending this in, they were able to reset my password info and get me access to my account again.

My characters had been migrated to a different server and renamed. I would have to wait 90 days, then move them back to Quetz and rename them again and pay all associated fees. But after talking to Squeenix support again, I learned that they could gladly refund the fees since I never authorized these changes. I never took them up on the offer since I unsubscribed again before the 90 days elapsed, but I'm glad to know that is a thing they are willing to do if you ask.

Just my two cents, in case anyone has similar issues in the future.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 5, 2013