Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

A friend wanted to play multiplayer with me this weekend so he rolled up a paladin and I rolled a fighter. We've gotten as far as Nashkel and we've lost Imoen once, Jaheira once, Khalid once (and kicked), and a handful of other miscreants from Beregost we've lost twice.

We're off to a wonderful start and discovered yesterday the magical feeling of breaking and entering someones home and them actually threatening to call the guards on us. He expected it to behave more like eery other RPG, so he was a bit surprised when people were yelling at us. :allears:

The problem with that is that this game is of two faces on breaking and entering, sometimes you get greeting by people angry, sometimes they are ven directly hostile. Other times they offer you quests. So what do you want from me here game. You want me to enter places and solve peoples problems or do you want me to stay out unless i'm a sneaky thief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
Most of the time though they give you some time to leave though. I am pretty sure there is never a time someone expressly calls the guards immediately unless it's like a shady bad guy who only calls other bad guys. So you can really just walk in anywhere and not worry.

The problem is when some of those quest receivers/givers are behind *locked doors* and then you're like "welp, guess I have to unlock every door and rifle through your stuff. The game tells me to."

Choronzons son
Mar 1, 2011
One thing I found out that will never be of any use at all (except for roleplaying a really thorough kleptomaniac):

If you absolutely need to rob a looked after place without losing reputation you can just knock the homeowner out (attack him barehanded). You don't get a reputation hit if you don't kill him and no one will see you loot the place as long as he's down. The person will be hostile after waking up though, so only do it to unimportant people and don't ever reenter the house.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
What the gently caress, man? That pot has been in my family for generations! It was an irreplaceable artifact from the founding of Thay. I'm calling the guards and taking you to the Temple of Justice to get damages from you!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Me and Cooked is trying to get a MP game going, we've installed BG Tutu but are having trouble connecting.

Using hamachi, adding exceptions to the windows firewall and even port forwarding 2300-2400, 6073 and 47624 for both of us haven't helped.

What voodoo are you guys using?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
We're using BGTrilogy instead of Tutu, and the GoG version of the game, so that might affect things. If you're using Hamachi, port forwarding is redundant, that isn't going to be the issue. Obviously make sure you're connecting to the Hamachi IP instead of his actual IP address. Are you getting an error message of some kind? When it says that it's connecting and that it might take a while it's not kidding, it might take 30-45 seconds to send the save game from the host to the other players, so be patient.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Nope, just times out at the connection thing. And yeah, using the hamachi ip.

I know I've gotten it to work before, but that might have been with WinXP...

e: Tried directly connecting to our real IPs without hamachi, but no dice.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 25, 2013

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The Enhanced Edition is pretty neat and works pretty painlessly.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Guess I'll have to try that, just tested BGTrilogy and it didn't work either.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Are you behind more than one router? I tried to host a game of Terraria once and found that being behind a second router kept me from doing so. I could only join, not host.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

DGM_2 posted:

Are you behind more than one router? I tried to host a game of Terraria once and found that being behind a second router kept me from doing so. I could only join, not host.

I'm behind a router but directly plugged into it at least, if that makes any difference (which apparently it doesn't since we've had nothing but issues with it).
I'm starting to chalk it up as one of the flukes of older multiplayer meeting the modern day. v:v:v

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

I'm behind a router but directly plugged into it at least, if that makes any difference

I'm asking about the router your computer is plugged into. Is that router plugged directly into the modem, or is it getting input through another router? The latter is what caused trouble for me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

DGM_2 posted:

I'm asking about the router your computer is plugged into. Is that router plugged directly into the modem, or is it getting input through another router? The latter is what caused trouble for me.

Ach my bad, I had forgotten what I'm plugged into is both a router and the modem. :doh: So no, there isn't an extra router in between my computer and the modem.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Ah. Then assuming you're the host your problem can't be the same as mine was. Which means I can't help.

Good luck finding a a solution.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Gonna try out Tunngle instead of Hamachi, it worked when we had trouble with HAWX so maybe it will work here (long shot).

E: Nope.

E2: Gameranger worked, hot drat!

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 26, 2013

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Today we meet some recommended people, take up a brief launderer's career and generally debase the reputation of the Friendly Arm.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Oh man, I lost it at "What's ground?". Such a long payoff for those pantaloons too.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is it just me or do those hobgoblins sound like Pete? Mickey and Goofy's enemy?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, this is just what me and my buddy went through when we did this MP. We're only a little ahead, but I wonder if this is where we diverge from the LP or not. :allears:

Taking someone fresh through this game is the best. Have you identified the belts yet or are you going to use them as an example for a certain awesome feature?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Nihilarian posted:

Is it just me or do those hobgoblins sound like Pete? Mickey and Goofy's enemy?

They are he.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Out of what you've done so far this video affirms that I'd love to see you two actually do everything Baldur's Gate has to offer, it will work so well with Bactorc leading the way :3:

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
Well I guess this will be going the distance! I've 5'd already but I'd 5 again if I could. BG2 is a favourite of mine and the BG Ironman runs thread was enough to make me grab BG2 off GOG because of how much good times I had with that game. This will be a truly epic Let's Play!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Remember to try on both girdles to see what they do.

Dickey Butts
Feb 3, 2008

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

Pwnstar posted:

They are he.

Steve Blum wishes he was in as much stuff as Jim Cummings. The guy is ubiquitous. If you want a real shock, check out the Splatterhouse LP going on right now, he's about as un-Disney as possible in that. It's pretty unreal hearing Darkwing Duck swearing.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
Is this LP still alive? I'm assuming people are busy with holiday stuff.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Bacter commented in his Discworld Noir thread that he was recording stuff for this LP a couple of days ago, so my guess is it's just taking a while to edit.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

My assumption is that most LPs are going to be slow right now as it's time for finals at most colleges and people do lot of traveling/family stuff in mid-late December.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

My quote =/= edit is as clean as an elven arse!

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I do hope it's still going. It's pretty fun to watch someone new to the series play it.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Yeah with end of the year stuff going on it was just hard for Bacter and I to find a time when we were both available to record. I'm afraid it might be a bit longer before I manage to finish editing it all, but neither the LP nor our interest in it are dead. Here's a quick summary of the recording session.

Bettik
Jan 28, 2008

Space-age Rock Star
Glad to hear it, this LP has been very cool so far, really interesting to see a fresh perspective on such a classic game.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mzbundifund posted:

Yeah with end of the year stuff going on it was just hard for Bacter and I to find a time when we were both available to record. I'm afraid it might be a bit longer before I manage to finish editing it all, but neither the LP nor our interest in it are dead. Here's a quick summary of the recording session.

Yeah, gently caress that encounter. I was not expecting that, and had to try it a few times before I didn't end up with someone dead.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Mzbundifund posted:

It's beautiful :allears:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Yeah, fights with Wizards can go nasty fast if you're not prepared.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Jabor posted:

The only thing more powerful than a wizard is a wizard who is slightly more prepared.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
That encounter was actually about as good and great as it could have been, given the circumstances.

The circumstances were, of course, we were all running around a tiny tent, arms flailing, screaming at the top of our lungs for seriously like 3 minutes, while a slightly more prepared wizard was hucking death at us.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Mzbundifund posted:

Funny, looks almost one of my attempts at that fight in my BGEE run. :v:

Jabor posted:

Yeah I quickly learned to appreciate spells like hold person or silence. Or sleep obviously even if it has lost its zing a little towards the later chapters.

Lemur Crisis
May 6, 2009

What will you do?
Where can you run?
Looking forward to the update! Really enjoying this so far.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Pvt.Scott posted:

The only thing more powerful than a wizard is a wizard who is slightly more prepared.

Or an Inquisitor or Wizard Slayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's just an insufficiently prepared wizard.

• Locked thread