Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...a4dd_story.html

summary: nsa has been secretly tapping internal communications between data centers at google/yahoo

big lol at "we thought our poo poo was secure when we bought our own fiber" when the US was doing undersea cable taps right off the Soviet coastline during the cold war

and it's all 100% legal because if your communication/data ever goes over a cable/connection outside of the US the govt can automatically assume that you are communicating with a foreigner and are thus stripped of legal protections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

and it's all 100% legal because if your communication/data ever goes over a cable/connection outside of the US the govt can automatically assume that you are communicating with a terrorist and are thus stripped of legal protections

ftfy

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

paging fishmech

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sharktopus posted:

paging fishmech

[equivocating intensifies]

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003

EDIBLES ARE KICKIN IN!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

I saw the NSA tapping two kids talking into tin cans connected with a string when will it end?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

clouds leak data much like real clouds leak rain, and the nsa is simply collecting data rain in storage barrels

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

L and of the F ree

pram
Jun 10, 2001

sometimes the cloud erupts in a violent storm known as a 'data hurricane' and cyber storm chasers drive their eTrucks into the iOfTheStorm to study the effects

X-BUM-RAIDER-X
May 7, 2008

woa wtf

Dongslayer.
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

op musta been eating fiber to poo poo out a thread like this

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fiber communications is much like the fibrous innards of a tree trunk and the nsa is simply collecting the delicious information sap that flows from cracks in the inter-bark

uG
Apr 23, 2003

CNClab 2021 posted:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have an oral fixation and it's not the sexy kind

NOBODY COULD POSSIBLY SPLICE IN TO THE THOUSANDS OF MILES OF UNWATCHED FIBER THAT WE OWN --idiots

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

CNClab 2021 posted:

mishaq
Aug 17, 2005

^_^V

that's pretty outrageous

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CNClab 2021 posted:

your dad was starting to whine about the runny dumps i was taking on his dick

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Quick Robin, to the Fatmobile!

true post-it note quality drawing they got there.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

how much of my taxes go to the NSA again? they can't just pay for a vizio license?

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

This is the Army, Mister Jones!
No private rooms or telephones
You had your breakfast in bed before
But you won't have it there any more
This is the Army, Mister Green!
We like the barracks nice and clean
You had a housemaid to clean your floor
But she won't help you out any more
Do what the buglers command
They're in the Army and not in a band
This is the Army, Mister Brown!
You and your baby went to town
She had you worried but this is war
And she won't worry you anymore

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just keep Cool-idge.

SSL added and removed here! :˩)

Powercrazy
Feb 15, 2004

*~I'm Back Boyz~*

If you can read this your style sheet is a PoS.

Anyway, if you work for the NSA kill yourself. Actually kill your boss, then yourself. The Disease is inside of you.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

and it's all 100% legal because if your communication/data ever goes over a cable/connection you are stripped of legal protections

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In this slide from a National Security Agency presentation on “Google Cloud Exploitation,” a sketch shows where the “Public Internet” meets the internal “Google Cloud” where user data resides. Two engineers with close ties to Google exploded in profanity when they saw the drawing.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

haha it's a real drawing? thought it was some amateurs version. that's insane

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

arent most of these documents from 2008-2009 anyway? i wonder where they're at today

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Google Engineers perplexed, amazed, as NSA Spies plug logging device into right side of "Magic Encryption Box" instead of the left, as everyone had assumed.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

Google Engineers perplexed, amazed, as NSA Spies plug logging device into right side of "Magic Encryption Box" instead of the left, as everyone had assumed.

p much this exactly

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Syncopated posted:

haha it's a real drawing? thought it was some amateurs version. that's insane

did you seriously think it would be like inthe movies with 3D animated wireframe drawings

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

that's a real drawing.
that's what 99% of drawings anywhere of anything look like, if not worse.

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

look at that panda

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

I can't believe the NSA couldn't afford to get like, some modern day Jackson Pollock to do their artwork

MALE SHOEGAZE
Oct 1, 2002

Centered for your health.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

idgi but i really want to

wait i get it

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

that's a real drawing.
that's what 99% of drawings anywhere of anything look like, if not worse.

yeah it's pretty surprising that it isn't two mspaint circles, one orange and one red, with pruple boxes and bold underline times new roman 20 pt and then some chrome||rainbow 3D wordart at the top

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

idgi but i really want to

wait i get it

when you visit a google website you're visiting their front end servers, they're capable of encrypting the communication between you and the server

those same front end servers speak to the back end servers to actually get your data, the communication between front end and back end is not encrypted because most people assume those channels are private

ergo the NSA instead of trying to deal with the encrypted poo poo by tapping the links between you and the google front end server, just tap the private interconnect between front end and back end

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

lol look @ this srspost

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

u got got

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol rmemeber when people thought Obama was gonna be a good president?

Sharktopus
Aug 9, 2006

i bet if the healthcare.gov was built on asp.net it would all work 100% right buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

Shaggar posted:

lol rmemeber when people thought Obama was gonna be a good president?

resident in chief

«4 »