Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Man those DW12 tires look so bare without the tire branding.

Also, reading those youtube comments might give you cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Controllers master race.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I think this is more of a product of Microsoft forcing them to be a launch title; they didn't have enough time to upgrade all the cars from the previous generations. (I'm sure MS also wants some delicious DLC monies, too, since they know people will buy it.) But yeah there are some odd ones missing.

Hopefully the full track list is more satisfying.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Well I guess we all knew there'd be cuts in a next gen title (GT2 to GT3 comes to mind), but goddamn. Maybe there's still hope in car customization.

gently caress it I still have it pre-ordered. I hope one of you buys it so I can have someone to race with :smithcloud:

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 6, 2013

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I'm still getting the Forza 5 Collector's Edition, and I'll let you guys know how it is from first-hand impressions.

I might be the only one :ohdear:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah I plan on picking up GT6 on release day too.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

AlmightyBob posted:

Forza 5 doesn't have shadows, AA, or AF. They had to do all that just to get a driving game to do 1080p60?

Pretty sure the car has no shadows because it's upside-down, or on some weird terrain.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

So every race can be GTCC? :allears:

Wait, that's actually multiplayer. Nevermind

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There's gamertags with mics on the left side of the screen, so I think it's multiplayer. Unless drivatar also accurately recreates pubbie rage from turn 1 shunts by broadcasting childish screams and offensive language in a high-pitched voice. :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The DW12 looks nice though :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF3A3NEAOeg
The paint options are pretty wacky and cool.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 22, 2013

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
During the Giant Bomb First Look, I was cringing so hard just watching him try to drive around Sebring. Seems like 99% of the people that make videos of it are really bad at the actually driving.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
If it's anything like iRacing, always brake way earlier than you think you need to and be very gentle with it.

Also, pray. Each lap.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

Is it just L Harrison 15 times?

No, because I haven't played the game. :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Yeah those cars look pretty loving good to be honest. (I have the collector's edition of the game, but I haven't bought an XBone yet.) Someday I'll play this because I miss the fantastic audio and customization.

I request pictures of the 22B, because I remember that one being one of the worst looking carryovers from Forza 2 or whatever.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It looks like they upped the poly count and such, while adding the interior to go along with the Vista mode, but they just didn't reconstruct the lights at all. Hrmph.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I believe all the crowd images are employees of Turn10, though that's just a guess. Dan Greenawalt is in there (the bald guy with the beard and mustache combo). I'm leaning towards the replacement of 3D crowds with 2D cutouts was a last minute decision to cut graphics load, but who knows.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
That Caterham and Maserati :swoon:

Shame that most of the fanbase was alienated before they released a Caterham.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

:suicide: (CFS will get a good laugh) But seriously some of the cars look like they will be fun to hoon around in though.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I use manual w/clutch on controller and have been since Forza 3, with the clutch being the LB. It takes some getting used to (use forefinger to clutch, middle to brake), but it's perfectly doable, and you're way faster on upshifts.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
It's several small things really that combine to make the car seem a bit ... off

If you look at the two back and forth, the proportions on the front end are just a little weird in some instances, and the way the front end of the car sits on the front wheels is odd. The headlights aren't the greatest either (not necessarily their proportions, but the way they're modeled. They're just ugly and bland.) It doesn't take away from the game in any way, but it'd be nice to see it redone. The interior and engine bay are all fine. They've upped the polygon count obviously for F5, but the model design hasn't changed since F3 or whatever. There are others, like the Subaru 22B and the NSX that have minor issues as well.

Again, I'm not saying the game is horrible for those reasons at all, and I completely understand not being able to redo them for time constraints. Turn 10 probably knows and has already seen discussions like this one here, but it'd be neat to see them up to the amazing standard of all the other cars in the lineup.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Here is a SOURCE and GOD loving DAMNIT PUT THESE CARS IN FM6!!!

Only as DLC 6 months after the game is out :v:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Anyone catch some new tracks? Saw Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, and Daytona, and whatever those fictional ones were. Wasn't Rio in Forza 1?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Cubey posted:

That's not hyperbole. If the weather isn't dynamic, it's essentially just a grip modifier, which Forza already gives you the option to turn on and adjust percentages anyway.

It could still be dynamic and I sincerely hope it is, however.

Welp http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-forza-motorsport-6s-weather-and-night-racing-arent-dynamic

I'll still be playing it though.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
No Maple Valley, no buy. Just rename it to Fartza Motorsport 6.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Watkins Glen was in the trailer guys. I even mentioned it. Pay attention.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
There's 21 tracks on that list, and the remaining 5 are supposedly all new tracks for Forza 6. (Maple Valley nooooo)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Good to see the classic Drivatar freak-the-gently caress-out-and-steer-toward-a-wall-when-you-pass-them reaction is still in the game.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So I might get an Xbone, should I get Forza 5 or hold out for Forza 6? I've been playing forza 4 recently and I really love all the cars they have!

Wait until Forza 6. If you love all the cars that Forza 4 has, just skip 5. Forza 6 will have all of the content from Forza 5 + all DLC (hopefully) + other new cars and tracks.

Edit: it's like less than 3 months away anyway.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Speaking of Forza 6, I guess there's no physical copy of any edition other than the standard edition? That's a shame.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So, I'm a little late to the party for playing the Forza 5 career mode, but racing prototypes against the Drivatar AI is a loving joke. Hope you don't need those precious aero parts, because they will ram the gently caress out of you when you get ahead of them. Oh, and anyone in front of the player basically parks in the middle of the corners for no reason, only adding to the butt-loving from behind. The rubber-banding is like an on/off switch (only enhanced because of the high performance of the vehicles). Everyone ahead drives like grandmas, and everyone behind is out to murder everything in their path.

Basically, every Drivatar is M. Rossi.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Oh no no no, it got so much worse. I was still a sweet summer child just a couple of hours ago.

Indycars :stonk:

Okay, so first the game forces you to run road course aero at Indy in the championship, lol. Then, Long Beach is just ... holy poo poo. A pack of Drivatars all coasting around the fountain turn with no power because their cars stall for going so slow, and then the same thing at the hairpin, except I can't make the turn without stalling either because ... Forza reasons I guess (or I use a controller and can't turn the wheels sharp enough).

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Oh I definitely messed around with the setup before hitting the track, but the Indycar championship in career forces you to race without setup modifications, and thus lovely gear ratios and road course aero by default (though looking at the numbers, it appears oval and rc aero are just different in appearance only without any actual change in downforce).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Nothing to see here. Just another day in the multiplayer hoppers.

• Locked thread