Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Looking forward to this, but not as much as I had the previous games. Barely have time to play any games with school and full-time work. But I'll find the time somehow. This is actually the only game coming out for either console that I want to play. I bought my 360 for Forza 2 and I certainly got my money's worth in the long run so I'm sure I will with the Xbox One. Preordered at Best Buy because I had a bunch of gift certificates and rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

14 tracks. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-why-forza-motorsport-5-has-less-cars-and-tracks-than-forza-4

Bernese Alps
Catalunya
Spa
Indianapolis
Le Mans
Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama
Prague
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear test track
Yas Marina

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Yeah it blows. Might be enough new tracks to keep me entertained and there's enough cars I like that made the cut. Although, with so few cars I won't try new cars I would never have otherwise driven, so I'll basically be driving the same exact cars from Forza 4 on fewer - but new to me - tracks. I'm a giant tool so I'll be getting this anyway. At least it'll tide me over till GT6.

Looks like F5 this upcoming generation is going to be the GT5 of the last generation. Maybe they swapped rolls this iteration. At least I won't have to buy a PS4 for awhile.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

It was confirmed/leaked in the same article that got the DLC dates messed up. Think article I posted a few posts up also mentions it.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Even with less cars and tracks, I hope it's still fun. At its core Forza is a fun game and hits all the right spots - hitting more spots would be great, but I'll manage. I just hope career mode doesn't suffer too much, but with less cars and tracks there's not going to be as many one-off races and categories for special types of races. Hopefully they don't try to make the career really big like Forza 4's and fill it with redundant and repetitive races. Also, hopefully the standards are back like the leaderboard and online challenges or whatever they were called.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

L_Harrison posted:

I'm still getting the Forza 5 Collector's Edition, and I'll let you guys know how it is from first-hand impressions.

I might be the only one :ohdear:

I'm getting it too. If hardly anybody gets the game then maybe that means pubs will actually be fun... Nahhhh.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Mine game and system are at Best Buy waiting to be picked up. I have about five more hours of work till I can go. I won't have much time to play today, but I'll toss my thoughts and impressions up later.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Xbone day one update is taking forever for me. I'm not sure if it's my lovely internet (shouldn't be that bad) or jus the servers getting pounded. Maybe a little bit of both. I was hoping to start the Forza download when I head out for a few hours, but I guess not. Grrrr.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Delusibeta posted:

If it's completely stuck, might be worth risking a full shutdown (holding down the power button for five seconds) and trying again.

It's progressing just really slowly.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

The game is incomplete. Stuff that should be there isn't, little things like being able to tune before a race - any race- are gone. It's like they had a meeting and were all "ok, we have X amount of time to poo poo this game out. What is the bare minimum we can ship it with? That includes options, menus, gameplay, tracks, cars, marketplace, ease of tuning, etc. What is the easiest way we can ship and meet the minimum of minimumest features and accessibility?"

The gameplay, the actual racing, is great. But everything else feels tacked on at last minute to make it done in time to launch. And we're the ones that suffer for it.

I'd recommend anyone on the fence to wait. Either wait for platinum hits edition or wait for Forza 6. Or wait two weeks for GT6.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I feel bad for anybody that has to race my Drivatar... That fucker is going to rewind a lot. :rimshot:

I was hoping to try all kinds of new-to-me cars this game. I feel so uninterested in what is there, maybe because there's so few choice or maybe because what is there is lame, but I just can't get interested in other cars that I haven't driven before. So now I'm starting to go back to the same ole same ole. It's been like 4 days. heh. The main thing, other than the obvious missing features, that bothers me is not being able to tune before races. That's how I tuned my cars as I'd progress through a few series.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

End of the semester is next week. I'm hoping that once I get settled into my new place in May I'll be able to make some time for some goon races. I miss racing... and playing (and having spare time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Pretty stoked for this. I don't really care about weather and night racing, so I guess that makes me some kind of heathen. I'll still get it and play and love playing it. Glad it's only a few months out. I definitely want Maple Valley though.

• Locked thread