Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
The so-far car list is pretty drat bland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I want crazy poo poo like a lifted Ka on steelies with a supercharged Coyote. If they'd confirm that I'll preorder every edition and a couple of the water bottle packs.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

If this was Forza 4.5, just Forza 4 with updated graphics and a couple new tracks, I'd almost gladly pay $80 (non-LCE is for suckers). But it's not, it's Forza 3.5. It's a distinct regression in the series. No AH, no Maple Valley, no loving 'Ring, I'd wager no affinity levels. Yas Marina was boring to drive in an Aston in real life, I'd blow my brains out doing a 20+ lap championship or endurance. I have a lot of faith in T10 after doing some online races with the devs and seeing that they're just really loving cool car guys that can make video games, this all screams of MS trying to ruin a good thing.

edit
GT is besny so you can call me a bitch when I go back on my word and you see me online.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I vote p2p2utgyob, pay to pay to unlock the game you originally bought.

Or fpd, full price demos.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Ironed Idol posted:

The tv is only like a year old. Also, gently caress you if you want to connect the bone to a 7.1 reviver. STEREO IS THE ONLY OPTION.

What are you talking about? You can do 7.1 DTS or PCM. I'm doing it right now.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Ironed Idol posted:

that sure is a checkmark.

Forza, BF4, and Zoo Tycoon are all doing superb positional audio. I think you just have a cheap as gently caress HTIB receiver.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I don't like how conversions just say "Street Powertrain Swap". It was pretty awesome in previous Forzas to do poo poo like the LS1 Miata, LT1 Solstice, or 302 Ka.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Are the leaderboards class-specific? There's no loving way I can get 1:22 on Road Atlanta Full in B-class.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Ok so #1, I spent a few of my tokens making a batshit crazy Mini. Too many. #2, the game gets a little weird when you drive a 700hp Mini. I like to think this is a nextgen moment of how it would feel to be doing that but...

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Here, have another hosed up Mini video. I got a text and paused the game, this happened when I unpaused. I swear I didn't touch the right stick, head tracking is off, all that.

Yes I use braking lines because I'm a scrub.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The 787 is loud as hell, I had my receiver turned down to 2 and I still thought the neighbors were going to pound on the walls at any minute. For all its flaws, this game still sounds amazing.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

The 'Ring is DLC because nobody would pay for Silverstone but we'll all pay for the ring.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I wouldn't say I'm a cheerleader per se, but screaming down the Bathurst downhill is pretty goddamn fun...

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

It feels a lot like a tech demo. There's a huge regression in stuff like leaderboard organization and clarity, upgrades / tuning, and social aspects in general. My biggest complaint (ignoring the DLC poo poo) is that if someone's running 15 seconds a lap faster there's no easy way to see what car they did it in.

edit
Also drivatars at the corkscrew are the worst thing ever. I'll buy the 'ring dlc just to see the impending nuclear apocalypse that is drivatars at carousel.

edit again
"Circuit de la Sarthe: Le Mans Circuit: Bugatti Circuit"

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Nov 29, 2013

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Wait, the DLC cars are ALREADY IN THE loving GAME. As in I just ran a race with the P1 and had a LaFerrari in it without buying the DLC. What a bunch of money grubbing bullshit.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

General Probe posted:

PudgyGiant are you racing against goon Drivatars? :colbert:

Some, but a lot of the time it pulls in random people, or my real-life friends that are garbage drivers.

General Probe posted:

And another question: has anyone used their tokens for XP boosting? Does it count down regardless of what you do, ie menu time/tuning or only race time?

It counts everything. Burns up quick with 53 second load times.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

General Probe posted:

Ugh, might as well burn my freebies during this half of weekends then.

Or use it for a P1 and do a couple races at Circuit de la Sarthe on impossible drivatar difficulty. It's easy mode when you can hit 250 on Mulsanne bone stock.

Esk, gently caress your '00 Cobra drivatar. 4 laps on Sebring, 4 times it's come in hot and t boned me on the last turn.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

It's hard to tell, there are a TON of wheels (it's easily the most abundant thing in this game) but they're not organized by mfgr anymore.

Were the wood / diamond plate / solid gold paint jobs in FM4?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Am I the only one that thinks one of the loading screen songs sounds EXACTLY like the soundtrack from Pacific Rim?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

I installed that update today and now my bone has been on the Xbox One green screen for 10 minutes or so, is it just really slow to install?

edit
The answer is yes. 12 minutes by my clock.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Never be behind or near my drivatar at the last chicanes on Spa. Seriously, I'm warning you.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Any interest in some Goonmula 1 challenges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Goddamn, how are you getting that much? I'm in the top 1% on Road Atlanta Club D and C and I was only getting around 10k.

• Locked thread