Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hirayuki posted:

I have a huge soft spot for this game, my first big translation job; I translated the non-voiced text (except for a few lines that were added after me and before release)--including the puzzles--and the songs. Though I didn't have visual context, a fact that is painfully obvious in a few places, the translation file contains copious notes from the devs explaining puzzles and stuff like that. I look forward to the rest of this playthrough and hopefully being able to shed some light on a few things if when K&K get angry about them.

Oh yay I'm glad you're here, you were the best part of the other SH3 LP thread (the one by the guy who went crazy and deleted it all and banned himself afterwards).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Kaufman died at the end of the first game, Lisa came back to take her revenge, remember? Another person who died is Douglas's voice actor, before the game was even released :smith:

You guys should watch Silent Hill Revelations when you finish this game, it is not a good movie but it's based on this. I liked it better than the first one at least. The girl playing Heather is pretty good and it has Malcolm McDowell chewing the scenery for a while.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

no_shit_columbo posted:

Can we just have them re-do everything Niggurath has done?

It would be dramatically more entertaining.

Mostly I just hope you guys work up the strength to play Homecoming, that game is hilariously stupid and great.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Keith is right about SH1 taking place in a different part of the town. There's two hospitals, Brookhaven and Alchemilla. I think Brookhaven is a mental institute more than a traditional hospital, but :confused:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Zackcat posted:

So did you guys figure out the importance of the two birthdays yet?

Of course they didn't, no one playing these games for the first time would even think those numbers were significant. They're far from important and there you go feeling the need to play know-it-all. Good job I guess.

• Locked thread