Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Aren't you the guys who played Silent Hill 2 in the nightmare barn?

If yes, then I'm looking forward to watching a bunch of episodes this weekend, because the barn-lp was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Snoop Radley posted:

Re: the room with the roasted dog, the way I always saw it was that the difference between the Resident Evil games and the Silent Hill games is that in RE if you're convinced something is going to pop up and attack you, it will - and in Silent Hill it never does. I find the latter much more unnerving. I've played Silent Hill 3 through many times and still I feel like on this playthrough, surely, one of those bunny rabbit costumes is going to suddenly come to life... :gonk:

I'm so proud of you for figuring that bleach-detergent puzzle so quickly. :3:

Isn't SH3 the one with the cheap severed head flying bed jump scare?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

It still blows my mind how they can gently caress up Mario games but totally breeze through the Silent Hill series.

Did we watch the same SH2 LP? :psyduck:
They're horribly inefficient, but I like people who tell stories about their towns, stuff from older games and feels. While checking the same locked door for the 6th time. It's kind of relaxing, you know?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I was reading one of Lowtax' old articles before watching your latest episode and that vending machine puzzle was a prophecy coming true.

quote:

Every single retarded survival horror puzzle revolves around you finding keys or using coins to find keys or pushing a correct sequence of buttons that lets you find coins that you redeem for keys or valuable parting gifts. You could be trapped in a closet and the only way to escape involves you combining a horseshoe and a Richard Nixon campaign button to fashion a crude, coin-shaped key. I loathe survival horror puzzles and the anti-logic which they revolve around.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

That was a lovely final boss. Was it ever explained who the twitchy people you cannot attack are? There's one in the intro, a few in the otherworlds and one is putting the hood on the final boss.

• Locked thread