Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Some great stuff in here! I love planes and used to live a mile off one of the most active runways in Tennessee so I had a nice front row seat to a lot of things. I've since moved and thus my planespotting has suffered. :(

Paul MaudDib posted:

IMG_9222 by PaulMD, on Flickr

I would imagine one of them is the Yankee Lady, she's based over at Willow Run.

The one with the yellow stripe on the wing was the "Liberty Belle" which unfortunately had an engine fire while in flight a couple years ago (2011, I believe) and was forced to land in a corn field where the fire continued to spread to the rest of the frame. It was completely lost.

I only got a couple photos of it when it was in town for the reunion of the 390th. Of course they pick the ugliest day to come hang out.

Liberty Foundation - B-17G Flying Fortress "Liberty Belle" - s/n 44-85734 c/n 8643 (N390TH)

Other stuff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Plinkey posted:

What is this?

Powercube posted:

Aero L-39, a Czech primary jet trainer.
Yep, exactly! I've been seeing them pop up around here more and more lately.

That one sold a couple years back for ~$195k, not too costly to own your own jet though I've heard they're quite expensive to fly. They chug down that fuel.

edit:

That's an awesome angle, great photo!

PREYING MANTITS fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 22, 2013

• Locked thread