Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

https://www.playnether.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/247730/

:siren::siren:RULES OF THE NETHER THREAD:siren::siren:

• Nether is out in beta, and on Early Access on Steam. Its very much work in progress. Don't bitch about the fact it shouldn't be on Steam. Its Early Access, you don't have to buy it!
  • Please don't go on about the War Z connection. They've tried to address it here (http://steamcommunity.com/app/247730/discussions/0/666824800538537248/) and regardless if they do or do not have any connection, it can be discussed elsewhere on the internet rather then making GBS threads up this thread and getting is closed like the original War Z thread. - Please.

Nether is another in the ever expanding, multiplayer open world survival horror game, genre. Think DayZ, but without zombies. Just... alien things (called Nethers!). They're basically zombies that can teleport.
You start with nothing but a kitchen knife, and go around finding loot and defending yourself from the alien Nether thingys and other players. Turns out the other players are more of a threat then the aliens Nethers. Whoda thunk it? Its slow placed and deliberate. Don't go expecting to live very long without some friends, either.

Nether Steam Page posted:

Nether is a first-person urban survival gaming experience unlike any other. Nether forces players to make quick life-saving decisions in an unforgiving environment. In this post-apocalyptic urban world, death is waiting around every corner, at the top of high-rise buildings, and in the grasp of powerful teleporting creatures known as Nethers. To navigate this high-tension environment, players must use skill and craft in order to obtain food, weapons, supplies, and other resources necessary to survive in a desolate and dangerous city. Players will need to choose whether or not to team up with others or go at it solo against the Nethers, other players, and unpredictable, treacherous world objectives. In the end, players must decide if they will Prey or Pray.

• A vast and vertical urban/city environment, where players can access nearly all of the buildings, including multi-story skyscrapers
  • First-person perspective creates a true survival experience
  • The need to fulfill a world objective, coupled with scarce resources encourages emergent and cooperative gameplay
  • Meld of PvE (player versus environment) and PvP (player versus player)
  • Survival needs, such as hunger and stamina that players will need to maintain to live
  • A variety of dangerous enemies with different skills and behaviors
  • New weapons and items become available as players explore the game world
  • Safe zones that need to be defended from Nethers and where players can purchase, sell, trade and store items
  • Up to 64 players per game server
  • Single purchase, downloadable client allows full game access without subscription

While all of these things are in the game, it being early access/beta means that some things are broken.

Tehsid's list of things wrong with the game right now.

• Currently the FOV is very low with no way to change it, though the developers say that's coming. (Easy .ini fix, see bottem of this OP!)
  • Loot spawns are broken and all over the place
  • The servers are up and down like a yo yo (though they are working in it)
  • Joining a server may lead to being stuck in spectator mode for up to 10 minutes
  • When servers reach 64 players they crash
  • There is barely a menu. Its VERY basic.
  • God knows what else.

BUT TEHSID!? Why are you doing an OP about a game that is sounding awful?
Because its early. Yeah, its broken, buggy and sometime looks ugly as sin, but there is a glimmer of hope in here. For the time I played, I had fun with it. I'm eager to group up with people once everything becomes stable and they get past the server issues and into the bugs. I hope others share that same blind optimism I have with this genre, hoping that one day we get that game we want. We keep chasing that dragon, hoping that one day "the one" will come. This may not be it, but I sure hope it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axi09gnD38s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwSvLtzP9Mo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l3tM7nrh2I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=552GzlGRIZk

Survival Skills: A Guide to Player Upgrades in Nether
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191153502

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS - Thanks LuciferMorningstar

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You can theoretically access your global inventory from anywhere, as you can mess with it on the character-select screen. The only disadvantages to that are the random spawn location and waiting in spectator mode.

If you find that it is impossible for you to switch weapons, send chats, or pick items up, it means the server is about to crash and there is nothing you can do. When the server does crash, it restores your character to a point in the past that will often make you lose weapons and levels.

You can block if you put a point in melee. It's totally worth it. You can block all frontal damage, which adds depth to melee combat.

FOV FIX
1) Go to Nether\NetherGame\Config
2) Open NetherCamera.ini (also may want to try DefaultCamera.ini as well) and change...

quote:

[NetherGame.NetherCameraMode_Socket]
FOVAngle=90

[NetherGame.NetherThirdPersonCameraMode]
FOVAngle=90

[NetherGame.NetherThirdPersonCameraMode_Ironsight]
FOVAngle=90

[NetherGame.NetherThirdPersonCameraMode_Sprint]
FOVAngle=90
(default FOV is 75. Higher FOV's can cause issues with Nether attack effects - the sweet spot is 90)

MOUSE SMOOTHING FIX
1) To disable Mouse Smoothing, go to your Nether directory at Nether\NetherGame\Config\NetherInput.ini
2) Find the line that says bEnableMouseSmoothing=True and change it to "False"
3) Save and start Nether

Mouse Sensitivity
1) To adjust Mouse Sensitivity, go to your Nether directory at Nether\NetherGame\Config\NetherInput.ini
2) Find the line that says MouseSensitivity=30.0 adjust the numbers (higher sensitivity, lower sensitivity)
3) Save and start Nether

Resolution
1) To manually set a custom resolution, go to your Nether Directory at Nether\NetherGame\Config\DefaultSystemSettings.ini
2) Find the line that says ResX and ResY. Change to desired resolution. (ie ResX=1920 ResY=1080)
(Note that, any other aspect ratio will not scale properly, unfortunately we do not have non-standard resolution support yet)

Keybinds
1)Customize some common keybinds manually by accessing your Nether directory at Nether\NetherGame\Config\NetherInput.ini
2)You can search current keybinds such as C for Crouch and replace that with another key.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
This looks awesome even if it's broken as gently caress. Is there an actual Beta though? I poked around their site and it looks like this is more of a pay money to get really really early access to a broken game type thing.

I want to try it, but I'm not sure I want to pay for it yet. I've been burned so many times in the past :smith:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

This looks awesome even if it's broken as gently caress. Is there an actual Beta though? I poked around their site and it looks like this is more of a pay money to get really really early access to a broken game type thing.

I want to try it, but I'm not sure I want to pay for it yet. I've been burned so many times in the past :smith:

Its pay to enter beta. I wouldn't yet unless you're a hardcore masochist like me, for these types of games.

Its also on steam.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
Anyone wanna just sell like guest keys?
You get them when you buy either package.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I found a loving battleaxe :rock:

^^^^Beta keys don't work yet.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Beta keys wont be active until the servers are stabilized. I'll have a few to throw around once they're working.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I found a loving battleaxe :rock:

Hell yeah. I just found one too.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

tehsid posted:

Its pay to enter beta. I wouldn't yet unless you're a hardcore masochist like me, for these types of games.

Its also on steam.

Oh bummer. I don't think I'm that masochistic, but I'll be watching to see how it turns out

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Managed to find one of the (apparently) really powerful Nether while in the bugged-out spectate mode. They seem to tend more demonic than alien.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Looks interesting, guess I'll wait for it to be fleshed out and fixed tho

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Is it better than DayZ? Even if it's broken, there's a lot of stuff about DayZ that sucks poo poo, so it's probably not hard to best it. Although I guess there's that other game, survivor stories or something, and that's a huge piece of poo poo.

My main concern is whether or not it feels good to control, doesn't feel wonky as poo poo, looting isn't scrolling through a lovely mousewheel menu, whether shooting something actually looks like it functions properly instead of DayZ's laggy rear end nonsense. What about the 'nether' things? Are they annoying as poo poo or is there a functional way to avoid them?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

cat doter posted:

Is it better than DayZ? Even if it's broken, there's a lot of stuff about DayZ that sucks poo poo, so it's probably not hard to best it. Although I guess there's that other game, survivor stories or something, and that's a huge piece of poo poo.

My main concern is whether or not it feels good to control, doesn't feel wonky as poo poo, looting isn't scrolling through a lovely mousewheel menu, whether shooting something actually looks like it functions properly instead of DayZ's laggy rear end nonsense. What about the 'nether' things? Are they annoying as poo poo or is there a functional way to avoid them?

Its not better - its different. It IS more intuitive, but that is because right now its very basic. Looting is "Press E over *object* to pick up" Going into your inventory is "Press I". Loot flashes a white glow so you can see it amongst the drab world.

It feels fine moving around. Once you tweak the FOV and turn off Mouse Smoothing (all done in .ini files) it feels good. But currently, it still very rough around the edges. There are LOTS of servers, all over the world. It doesn't feel laggy if you're on a server close to you. I have no tired servers outside of Australia yet, though.

As I said previously. Just wait on this for now. Wait until somebody in here either gives you a friend code, or you see honest proof that the game is good. Right now, its going to be very hit and miss for those who will like it, and those that will feel ripped off.

I for one, am very excited to see how it develops.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Well I'm in Australia as well if you want someone to pal around with. That's if you wanna waste a friend code thing on some random goon.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

cat doter posted:

Well I'm in Australia as well if you want someone to pal around with. That's if you wanna waste a friend code thing on some random goon.

I've got two unaccounted for, but they're not active for a while yet. I'll shoot you a pm when they go live.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Sounds good. Are the developers taking feedback from closed beta players? Because the loot flashing white sounds kinda stupid, these open world survival games should reward attentive and observant players.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

cat doter posted:

Sounds good. Are the developers taking feedback from closed beta players? Because the loot flashing white sounds kinda stupid, these open world survival games should reward attentive and observant players.

I believe so. But its hard to say at the moment because they are facing issues with the servers and have been dealing with that for 3 days. One developer I know has been up almost the whole time.

Also the forums are a festering pile of poo poo. These games amass awful community's, and while I think they'd appreciate any good willed criticism, you might get drowned out by the rest of the idiots on there. But it never hurts to try.

Once things settle down over there, I might try shooting one of the developers an email to see if they'd come over here and chat with us. We'll see.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I need two and a half questions answered before I decide if I want to play this.

Can you jump?

Are there ironsights, and does using them have any effect on the accuracy of your weapons?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I need two and a half questions answered before I decide if I want to play this.

Can you jump?

Are there ironsights, and does using them have any effect on the accuracy of your weapons?

Yes and yes - they do though I have no used guns enough to say HOW much more accurate they make them, just that it is almost essential to use them.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

tehsid posted:

Yes and yes - they do though I have no used guns enough to say HOW much more accurate they make them, just that it is almost essential to use them.

A step up from Day Z, at least.

Still, why can't somebody make a game in this spirit, but with the gunplay and movement of Unreal Tournament instead of Call of Duty? Is that so much to ask? :v:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

A step up from Day Z, at least.

Still, why can't somebody make a game in this spirit, but with the gunplay and movement of Unreal Tournament instead of Call of Duty? Is that so much to ask? :v:

I'd never even thought of that. Holy poo poo that could be a blast.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
After playing about an hour of this, this thing I've decided I like most about what they've got so far is the urban setting. There's a lot of verticality to traveling around, and it was pretty fun being able to travel by sprint hopping from rooftop to rooftop for multiple blocks (and picking up a lot of cash and soap along the way). Plus the teleporting nature of the Nether means they can actually warp up to the rooftops from the ground if you get their attention. Though one thing I hope they fix soonish is not being able to hear other people's footprints, because it makes it really hard to tell when someone's around and I stumbled across a lot of people by surprise.

tehsid posted:

Once you tweak the FOV and turn off Mouse Smoothing (all done in .ini files) it feels good.

Which .ini's/values do you have to edit for these? EDIT: Derp, I didn't read all the way to the bottom of the OP. My bad.

Also, I know there's proximity voice chat, because I've heard people use it next to me, but I have no idea what the key is. Does anyone know?

Shadefyre fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 1, 2013

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
If it's kosher to ask for guest invites in this thread, then I'd like to join the queue behind cat doter.

I'm pretty much sick to death of zombies, but if I can play a Day Z like game that is zombie free and possibly less terrible, that sounds pretty appealing.

e: what is Nether Gold used for?

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Arnold of Soissons posted:

If it's kosher to ask for guest invites in this thread, then I'd like to join the queue behind cat doter.

I'm pretty much sick to death of zombies, but if I can play a Day Z like game that is zombie free and possibly less terrible, that sounds pretty appealing.

e: what is Nether Gold used for?

Nether gold is used for cosmetic items. They seem reasonably priced at this point.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Yeah I'd like to get in line too. I've been trying to get a beta key for a few months but no luck.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I don't know if tehsid mentioned, but the beta keys we dumbasses get are 72 hour keys. Not a huge deal, but if you intend to sink some hours into it, keep your schedule in mind. Anynone that tehsid doesn't cover with his initial pass can have one of mine.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I, too, am moderately interested in this. It looks interesting, but I want to try before I buy.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

I don't know if I would necessarily sum the game up as "broken," but rather as "unfinished." The spawning mechanic is clearly broken, and the servers are on the fritz, but beyond that, this is a solid proof-of-concept in which everything works on a basic level. I didn't run into any huge issues when I was playing. I could pick stuff up, using guns was intuitive and I could do things like unload clips from weapons, the enemies did what they're supposed to do, and I can kill other people. There are some clipping issues, yeah, but it's not like people are falling through the world or anything. It's simply unfinished in the sense that it needs a significant amount of polish, and ideally, motivating factors to do things.

More Game-play Insights

1. Weapon damage seems to be on the low end. I haven't seen any assault rifles or snipers yet, so this could be totally wrong. Here's my evidence, though: I found a shotgun that did 600 damage and a handgun that did 400. Everything else was sub-200 in terms of damage. For reference, player health is 1000. The shotgun is obviously limited by range, and that handgun is the game's equivalent of a Desert Eagle, so it's an exception and "high-level" content. I found a bunch of pistols that did ~150, a scope MP5 that did ~180, if I recall correctly, and some Uzi-esque thing that did around 120. I might be off by a few tens on some of those. When I was killed, it took quite a few shots and I had a reasonable amount of time to react and flee; I might have survived had I not been out in middle of the open street.

I personally like this because I think it lends itself to grittier, more drawn-out combat. If you've got the drop on a lone guy, you can probably kill him easily, but if there are multiple enemies or the enemy knows where you are, then there is going to be a semi-lengthy firefight that could easily pull Nether and other players. Hopefully snipers don't end up to prevalent, and even if they do, there is plenty of cover.

2. There is a legitimate variety of Nether. I've seen four types thus far, 2 of which I have observed teleporting. There is the "bulldog" I described in the DayZ thread. It just teleports behind you/rushes straight at you to melee attack. Another kind spews a black sludge at you that significantly darkens your vision and will definitely throw you off. These guys seem to teleport less and have less health. The third kind I encountered is human-like, kind of like an infected Flood from Halo. They wander and don't seem super-aggressive or fast, and I haven't seen them teleport, but they explode when they die, so it's probably best to not melee them. The final kind is the one I posted the picture of. I haven't fought one, but I assume it can teleport, will see you from a ways a way, and will gently caress you up. At least I hope so.

There might also be some strength variation based on color of Nether, too. Some are definitely darker than others.

3. The verticality is interesting, but somewhat problematic to the extent that it makes the map seem a lot less populated than it actually is.

Predictions for the Future

Honestly, I don't see this game going as far as some people might expect it to, but I'd like to be wrong. At the end of the day, what we find compelling about this genre is the absolute freedom: your only seriously-enforced objectives are to eat and not lose all your health. How you do that is entirely up to you. Consequently, each player is responsible for figuring out why he or she wants to play in the sandbox. Anything develops do to restrict that freedom could become a bad thing that fundamentally changes the anarchic system. Mini-games like the safe zone establishment thing are nice ideas, but I anticipate that they will either be too easy to do or sufficiently difficult that people decide it's better to use them as bait, creating further anarchy and a strict PvP mentality. In sum, the anarchy is a necessity, because players want to make decisions, but the game does not, and probably will not, ever develop infrastructure that allows players to exert a legitimate modicum of control over the way the world works.

Since this is an MMO, it needs some sort of progression. In most of these games, that progression is loot, and in most of these games, there is no progression if you know how to make it to the nearest military-grade-weapon spawn. Thus, I think these games almost demand innovative developers that are able to create things like semi-instanced dungeons on a relatively frequent basis, because otherwise eventually everyone is toting around a sniper and body armor.

That said, I do think the developers have a legitimate desire to do a good job. They seem to be actively taking advice and criticism from the community, so that's a good sign, provided they don't go too far in letting the idiot pubbies dictate development.

:goonsay:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So is it an actual survival game or just a lovely deathmatch-with-zombies-in-the-background thing?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

So is it an actual survival game or just a lovely deathmatch-with-zombies-in-the-background thing?

Define survival game. There is hunger/thirst, but I haven't had trouble with that. I imagine it could be an issue in larger groups, but this is obviously pending what the "final" spawn rates end up looking like. There are no injuries beyond loss of health, though I suppose there could be. The only restriction on healing items is finding them; they are not, in my experience, presently common enough to make me disregard the fact that engagements that will cost me health are something I want to avoid, but not so rare that I feel afraid to melee a Nether.

The Nether are threatening enough, I think. You certainly don't want to gently caress around with more than one or two, beyond that is probably trouble territory unless you're intending to use a gun, instead of melee. They could definitely get in the way of deathmatch behavior, provided they are sensitive enough to the sound of gunfire. I gunned a couple people down the other night and ended up with two Nether teleporting after me, so that aspect seems functional.

I actually managed to team up with a pubbie for a little bit. We were both fresh spawns, and I assumed he was going to kill me at some point in the future, but I wanted to see how things played out. We helped each other kill Nether for a while, then I found two guns, both of which were automatic. I clearly had an advantage over him, and we went on our merry way. Later he arbitrarily decided to knife me as we were walking down the street. I don't know why; I knew it was coming, but it's not as though it was in his interests to kill me. I was legitimately looking for a gun for him and had already given him a backpack. So I guess there is the potential for some organic teamwork, but there isn't enough structure to sufficiently disincentive stabbing your new buddy in the back when he finds a shiny new weapon.

Edit: I think it will come down to loot availability. Food needs to be semi-scarce, and if weapons were lovely apocalypse-era scrapheap constructions that aren't very reliable, it could encourage grouping up so that at least someone's gun is functional at any given point in time.

Edit: I guess there were some features I didn't know about, namely the "safe zone stash." It's essentially a global inventory, but it's limited to 15 slots. I feel like that's a reasonably good way to handle things.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 1, 2013

Orv
May 4, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Even DayZ is the second one.

Kajmir
Jan 17, 2012
Problems I have with the game so far.

- All enemies teleport.
- Enemies can teleport behind you to get a free attack.
- Items dropped upon death despawn too quickly.
- Knife is wonky and misses frequently even when standing up against enemies.

This is beta afterall, but I'm afraid that the teleport thing may not be fixed even in the official release. I don't understand why they all need to be able to teleport, and not just a specific class of enemy. Preferably one with less health than most of the current enemies.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

So it's UnrealEngine, no wonder there's barely any UI. They probably can't find anyone crazy enough to work on Scaleform for them. Poor bastards.

Orv
May 4, 2011

EvilKaj posted:

Problems I have with the game so far.

- All enemies teleport.
- Enemies can teleport behind you to get a free attack.
- Items dropped upon death despawn too quickly.
- Knife is wonky and misses frequently even when standing up against enemies.

This is beta afterall, but I'm afraid that the teleport thing may not be fixed even in the official release. I don't understand why they all need to be able to teleport, and not just a specific class of enemy. Preferably one with less health than most of the current enemies.

When something teleports move away from where you're standing. Unless you're lagging pretty badly or something else is screwing up they'll pop up where you were, and you can just lay into them.

Kajmir
Jan 17, 2012

Orv posted:

When something teleports move away from where you're standing. Unless you're lagging pretty badly or something else is screwing up they'll pop up where you were, and you can just lay into them.

Surprisingly, I haven't experienced too much lag. However, when I'm fighting an enemy and it disappears I instinctively start walking backwards and then I inevitably bump into the enemy and they lay into my back. I may just be inept though.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

EvilKaj posted:

Surprisingly, I haven't experienced too much lag. However, when I'm fighting an enemy and it disappears I instinctively start walking backwards and then I inevitably bump into the enemy and they lay into my back. I may just be inept though.

You definitely need to keep moving and keep turning. Once it teleports, move. It's coming back. You know it's coming back. I assume it memorizes your last position and your orientation and then just pops up behind that a second or two later.

I'm going to be playing tonight, this is my profile if anyone wants to try to arrange anything.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 2, 2013

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Developer guide to what skills do, since I don't think anyone else knows.

Reading through the guide, I'm pretty pleased. It reads very smoothly, so they, at the very least, have someone editing their stuff, and the information is pretty accessible. Also, the bonuses to each stat seem legitimately cool, and I kind of want all of them.

Edit: Things people should know

You can theoretically access your global inventory from anywhere, as you can mess with it on the character-select screen. The only disadvantages to that are the random spawn location and waiting in spectator mode.

If you find that it is impossible for you to switch weapons, send chats, or pick items up, it means the server is about to crash and there is nothing you can do. When the server does crash, it restores your character to a point in the past that will often make you lose weapons and levels.

You can block if you put a point in melee. It's totally worth it. You can block all frontal damage, which adds depth to melee combat.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 2, 2013

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
I did a short little video of the game that should give most people a basic idea of what the gameplay's like in Nether, including the teleporting Nether and the verticality of the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpG048YSDu0

EDIT: Wow, can't believe I hosed that up that bad. Here's the proper link.

Shadefyre fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 3, 2013

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Shadefyre posted:

I did a short little video of the game that should give most people a basic idea of what the gameplay's like in Nether, including the teleporting Nether and the verticality of the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKO1VE9K9Mg

Wrong link.

Edit: There is a fifth type of Nether that I neglected to discuss earlier. It's the relatively tall, acrobatic one that looks like it has a mouth on its chest, and it will gently caress you up if you're not careful. Blocking in front of it or staying just out of melee range will prompt it to do a ranged needle-based burst attack that has one-shotted me every time it has been used.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 2, 2013

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Looks pretty interesting. I hope this goes further then War Z did. It's kind of nice seeing some one take the sc-fi approach over another zombie mmo failure.

I'm going to pick it up on steam because I'm a sucker for "survival" games.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Ah, is this the new War Z?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

AlmightyBob posted:

Ah, is this the new War Z?

Its similar in style but its looking like, though I could be wrong, a better put together game. We'll see. The developers are very open and helpful, rather then money hungry.

• Locked thread