Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
lol There's almost an entire paragraph missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

This card should read

"You may disable this card WHEN YOU perform a white maneuver if there is an Auxiliary Power Token beside your ship. If you do so, you must still skip your Perform Action step. YOU MAY THEN REMOVE AN AUXILIARY POWER TOKEN FROM BESIDE YOUR SHIP. No ship may be equipped with more than 1 "Impulse Drive" Upgrade."

loving :lol:

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I...but...it...

I guess "ship it and then write a new card" is one approach to product scheduling...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

General Battuta posted:

I...but...it...

I guess "ship it and then write a new card" is one approach to product scheduling...

It's the day one patch as applied to tabletop games.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

:words:

Man it's easy to get spoiled by the simple, direct language and keywording on X-Wing cards.

This one isn't, like, unusable or nonsensical, it just uses a dense wording "If you are not cloaked disable yada yada yada..." that appears almost identically across like two dozen plus cards and should have been condensed to a keyword: "ACTION: Board a ship. Discard this card and..."

Man, if I were still drinking the flavor aide this Movie Era Trek stuff would be so my poo poo. This OP cycle was basically like the ex drunk texting "come back and I'll let you do that One Filthy Thing you always wanted" but I stayed strong.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Way to stay strong. Also, lol at a card that let's me disable all of someone's upgrades.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Wait, wasn't Torg the guy that boarded the Enterprise just in time for it to blow up?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I think the models looking like poop makes it easier to stay away from the game. Even though I enjoy painting my models, I wouldn't have been drawn to X-wing in the first place if the ships came in the package as badly painted as the star trek ones. At least X-wing allows you to play them on the tabletop and have them look good before you put a brush to it.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

I think the models looking like poop makes it easier to stay away from the game. Even though I enjoy painting my models, I wouldn't have been drawn to X-wing in the first place if the ships came in the package as badly painted as the star trek ones. At least X-wing allows you to play them on the tabletop and have them look good before you put a brush to it.

Absolutely. A big reason I got sucked into X-wing is because of the model quality. All my beautiful plastic spaceships...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas: No word, and sounds like they never got returned to sender, so my exgf probably threw them in the trash.

Say what you will she knows what should be done with Attack Wing.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Wave 24 guys, what do we have here that's new!

Well, a romulan d7, a vor'cha and this:

New paint! :shepface:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
*Paint not guaranteed to be new

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What, not even new cards?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What, not even new cards?
From a cursory look, yep, just a repaint with the original cards still present. Dunno why this would be included in a wave at all unless they were just scraping the bottom of the barrel (of course they are).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Well, since the only thing different is the new mini, I'm sure they'll highlight that on their marketing post...

http://www.startrek.com/article/attack-wing-wave-24-u-s-s-enterprise-repaint-preview

hahaha nope

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Wow, what a preview of stuff that has existed within the game since wave 1! Amazing!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is that thing larger or smaller than an A-wing? :3:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

Is that thing larger or smaller than an A-wing? :3:
Looks to be about the same size as far as a I can see, if you take into consideration the base of the playing piece.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Tekopo posted:

From a cursory look, yep, just a repaint with the original cards still present. Dunno why this would be included in a wave at all unless they were just scraping the bottom of the barrel (of course they are).

Come on, they aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel. They've long-since bored a hole through the bottom of the barrel, and are well on their way to the Earth's core.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

So we appear to be still stuck on Wave 24, but if we kept up the release schedule, we should be up to wave 27 now. The latest wave was nothing but re-used models (new paint!). Has the beast been slain?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Tekopo posted:

So we appear to be still stuck on Wave 24, but if we kept up the release schedule, we should be up to wave 27 now. The latest wave was nothing but re-used models (new paint!). Has the beast been slain?

They released another giant cube with a little ball that comes out like in star trek 8.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Otisburg posted:

They released another giant cube with a little ball that comes out like in star trek 8.

Traditional Games > Star Trek Attack Wing: Another giant cube with a little ball

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Otisburg posted:

Otisburg posted:

star trek 8.

:bang:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Who is even still selling this? Every store around here discount binned this poo poo and stopped getting new stock in months ago.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The giant cube with ball attachment came out around the same time as wave 24 though afaik.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
*sobs quietly in the corner*

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

They can't cancel it yet, can they? Not with a new Trek series literally right around the corner.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Finster Dexter posted:

They can't cancel it yet, can they? Not with a new Trek series literally right around the corner.

Depends if they have rights to NeoTrek.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Anyone got a few spare red bases and pegs? I'm setting up my X-Wing ships in STAW bases for the extra corner bulk, and need a trio of red ones for my primary setup.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kilo147 posted:

Anyone got a few spare red bases and pegs? I'm setting up my X-Wing ships in STAW bases for the extra corner bulk, and need a trio of red ones for my primary setup.

Sold mine off in the lot sale.

Keep in mind that the "extra corner bulk" is going to make them incompatible with X-Wing to all but the most casual of flyers.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Otisburg posted:

Sold mine off in the lot sale.

Keep in mind that the "extra corner bulk" is going to make them incompatible with X-Wing to all but the most casual of flyers.

Nah, I've got a way around that. They get to measure to the base, I have to measure from edge of the ID token. It's worked so far, and if anyone has problems, I've got a set of regular basis just in case.

How do the red bases look? I haven't seen them in person, but photos make them look almost neon.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Kilo147 posted:

Nah, I've got a way around that. They get to measure to the base, I have to measure from edge of the ID token. It's worked so far, and if anyone has problems, I've got a set of regular basis just in case.

None of that makes sense. Measuring to the id card doesn't somehow magically equate to measuring to a legal base. It doesn't matter where you measure from, they aren't remotely legal.

Just get the FFG X-wing bases.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Even via proxy Attack Wing is poo poo.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

New Wave 25! One new ship (well, it's just a Galaxy with new cards) and two reprints/repaints! Eagerly awaiting the 'repaints only' wave 26!

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

zVxTeflon posted:

Who is even still selling this? Every store around here discount binned this poo poo and stopped getting new stock in months ago.

My FLGS :saddowns:

They even give the AoS "If you just play to have fun and don't try and break it it's fun" excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"STAW still loves me its my fault I do things to make him angry."

• Locked thread