Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

The first game I tried fizzled out pretty early, but I'm the persistent sort, so I'll give it another shot.

I'll be running the same game, as it didn't get that far past the meeting with Mr. Kim. Things will be somewhat similar to the first run, so if that kills it for you, well, don't submit, I guess.

I'm not sure why interest waned, but just to be up front, I'll warn everyone that I am running this as an RP heavy run. That isn't to say there won't be combat, but that largely depends on how the runners choose to proceed. There are plenty of opportunities for intense combat all throughout the run. Further, I've got the run planned to span a good length of time, across multiple groups, should things happen that way. Choices are pretty open and a lot can happen. I'm not going to force a group into a fight, but I'm not going to force stealth either. How much violence you encounter depends entirely on the actions of your team. I'm flexible and I encourage player freedom, so do what you want and I'll do my very best to improvise and keep up should you go off the rails.

So, Korea. There isn't a lot about Korea in official Shadowrun materials, but what little we do know is this.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Korea

quote:

In 2005, South Korean President Rhee was murdered by a North Korean communist dissident, though some the assassin was Japanese trained. With Japanese support, General Yoon, head of the army, seized control and invaded North Korea. The following year, North Korea retaliated with nuclear missile strikes against Japan. All of the missiles failed to detonate. Korea was unified by the end of the year. Japan then sent Imperial troops to "guard" the North Korean nuclear sites.
TimelineEdit

2005 - President Rhee is assassinated. General Yoon assumes power and starts the Second Korean War.
2006 - North Korea launches nuclear weapons against Japan. North Korea and South Korea are unified, ending the Second Korean War.
2007 - Kwonsham Industries formed from mergers of privatized North Korean companies.
2011 - First spirit village seen at Chejudo Island.
2023 - President-General Yoon dies. Admiral Park selected by military as President.
2030 - Eastern Tiger Corporation formed from merger of Samsung-LG, Daewoo and South Korean Energy
2040s - BTL abuse is at epidemic levels but controlled by social organizations like the Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church
2055 - The Unification Church is revealed as a front for insect spirits.
2059 - The Pacific Prosperity Group is formed, with ETC, Samyung, and Kwonsham as founding members
2060 - President-General Hwang retires. General Kang-ho Lee becomes President.
2064 - Kwonsham Industries files for bankruptcy protection.

Shadowrun Wiki

On the Wiki
Wiki Activity
Random page
Videos
Photos
Shadowrun
Community

Contribute
Watchlist Random page Recent changes
Korea
Edit
Talk0
2,458pages on
this wiki
Korea
{{{localisation}}}
flag
Government Type: Parliamentary Republic with Military Presidency
Capital: Seoul
Leaders: :President-General: Kang-ho Lee
Population 98,136,000
Human 52%
Elf 15%
Dwarf 8%
Ork 16%
Troll 5%
Other 4%
Per Capita Income: 21,000¥
Estimated SINless: 12%
Below Poverty Level: 20%
Corporate Affiliation: 61%
Education:
Less Than Twelve Years 15%
High School Equivalency 42%
College Degrees 30%
Advanced Degrees 13%
Major Ethnic Groups:

Korean: 83%
Japanese: 12%
Other: 5%

Major Languages Spoken:

Korean: 94%
Japanese: 43%
English: 35%

Major Religions:

Shamanist: 31%
Buddhist: 24%
Christian: 18%
Confucian: 5%
Unaffiliated/Other: 10%
None: 12%

Currency: Won (W)

Exchange rate: 1,000W=1¥

CrashChart Medical Coverage: 80%

Guaranteed Response Time: 10 minutes

Contents
[show]
History Edit

In 2005, South Korean President Rhee was murdered by a North Korean communist dissident, though some the assassin was Japanese trained. With Japanese support, General Yoon, head of the army, seized control and invaded North Korea. The following year, North Korea retaliated with nuclear missile strikes against Japan. All of the missiles failed to detonate. Korea was unified by the end of the year. Japan then sent Imperial troops to "guard" the North Korean nuclear sites.
TimelineEdit

2005 - President Rhee is assassinated. General Yoon assumes power and starts the Second Korean War.
2006 - North Korea launches nuclear weapons against Japan. North Korea and South Korea are unified, ending the Second Korean War.
2007 - Kwonsham Industries formed from mergers of privatized North Korean companies.
2011 - First spirit village seen at Chejudo Island.
2023 - President-General Yoon dies. Admiral Park selected by military as President.
2030 - Eastern Tiger Corporation formed from merger of Samsung-LG, Daewoo and South Korean Energy
2040s - BTL abuse is at epidemic levels but controlled by social organizations like the Reverend Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church
2055 - The Unification Church is revealed as a front for insect spirits.
2059 - The Pacific Prosperity Group is formed, with ETC, Samyung, and Kwonsham as founding members
2060 - President-General Hwang retires. General Kang-ho Lee becomes President.
2064 - Kwonsham Industries files for bankruptcy protection.

Politics Edit

Korea professes to be a democracy with an elected National Assembly, and a Prime Minister as it head. However, the clock has turned back to the 1970s, as Korea has returned to military dictatorship. Recently, President-General Lee has tried to use nationalism, portraying Japan and Japanese corporations as occupiers, to support his government. Of course, this places him in conflict with his Japanese supporters.

There are numerous political parties, including the Sang-Kun Anh's Korean Democratic Alliance, and Soo-hyun Shin's archconservative Celestial Path Party. The Korean Communist Party is banned by law, but still exists. There are also radical policlubs like the March 1919 Policlub, named after the March 1st movement.

Women are the majority of Korean shadowrunners. Men are usually, riggers, street samurai, and deckers. Most shadowrunners work exclusively with one fixer. Working with multiple fixers is strongly discouraged.

More at that link.

I've made up a few of my own details as well.

Technomancers aren't so much feared here as they are fetishized. They are still extremely rare, however. The Matrix is a major loving deal in Korea, even more so than just about anywhere else. Matrix Gaming is a national pasttime and many of the top players are technomancers, or more likely, hackers desperately trying to pretend. They're still basically treated as a cross between a celebrity and a zoo animal. Being obsessed over is not the same as being respected, and metahuman rights still have a long way to go with technomancers here. Still, better than being a dwarf, orc, or troll...

Magicians are a mixed bag. Combat mages are feared as destructive elements of society, difficult to control but thankfully rare. Alchemists are generally viewed as oddities, but often sought out for their mystical preparations, as Korea has always had faith in mystical remedies. Conjurers, known locally as "mudang", are highly respected. The vast majority are female, although male mudang do exist. Mudang have always been respected in Korea, but now that they can actually summon and banish spirits beyond any shadow of a doubt, their influence has grown greatly, and you'll find one on staff in a few major government facilities. Courts are known to use them frequently in murder cases, as having the victim as a witness is useful, although not always the deciding factor in a trial (particularly high profile cases involving the rich and powerful, where nuyen speaks much louder than some poor dead slob). They are still quite rare, of course.

Private weapon ownership of any kind is banned to all but a few specialized professions. This, of course, does little to deter those living in the shadows, as anywhere in the New World.

Cybernetic enhancement is a cultural norm. Nearly everyone has at least one cybernetic replacement. Most are simply cosmetic modifications, but professionals usually have some sort of functional modification to assist in their jobs. Obvious implants are a hot trend.

I'll be choosing characters by what I consider to be an interesting concept, as well as deciding based on what I have planned for the run, but the former has more influence than the latter. It should go without saying that Matrix presence will be a major help here, although it is not by any means required. Pretty much any mix of characters can make it through this run, although certain parts will be much more challenging than others if specific roles are unfilled. Now personally, this makes the game more interesting to me, so I won't insist on any particular archetype. Make what you want to play, and we'll do our best to make it work.

I hate to add this last part, but I do need to request that if you're going to submit a character, please be reasonably sure you'll be able to play at least long enough to actually start the run. I have a job where I spend a lot of time unsupervised in front of the internet, so time is absolutely not a factor for me, although do be aware that I live in Korea, so I'll be posting during most peoples' nighttimes.

I'll leave registration open until Nov. 5th, 8PM, CST. Please submit a character sheet and background to this thread. The hook is basically that you've been called for a job basically out of nowhere by an unknown Korean Mr. Johnson, locally referred to as "Mr. Kim". I'll leave it up to you as to how you ended up in Korea, but for story purposes, it is best that your character is not from Korea (although Korean blood wouldn't present any issues; just citizenship).

I know there are still weaknesses in the ruleset, and there are some really overpowered characters that can be made. I'm new to 5e, so I'm going to trust that no one does anything crazy like edge casting magicians or deckers chaining RCC's.

I'm not averse to porting things over from 4th edition sourcebooks, particularly traditions and qualities, so if you want to do so, just ask me about it and I'll make something up for you.

Standard character creation rules.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Nov 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I did like the character, it was really just a matter of not being able to take everyone. By the time I had chosen the team, there were very few magical characters, so I had to choose between cybered melee and adept melee, and without giving too much away, the team really needed some magical representation.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

All official errata is in play, and I'm open to suggestion on anything unofficial that you might have.

Just a few house rules. One point of Edge is restored on critical successes and for feats of exceptionally ballsy baddassery. I won't allow a decker to slave an RCC to his deck and use it to run noise reduction or firewall programs.

Mages can't assense a Technomancer unless they both know what to look for and have a good reason to be looking for it. They'll notice a strange aura, but unless they've been trained on just what a Technomancer aura looks like, that's all they'll get.

If there is anything from the 4th edition splatbooks you really liked, spells, qualities, etc., just ask me and we'll work out some sort of port. Certain things, like insect shaman and the like won't be allowed, but most of it should be just fine.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ah, that reminds me. Couple more house rules.

First, if a piece of 'ware or gear doesn't state any wireless bonuses, it isn't wireless, so no hacking into bone meshes or plain katanas. Maybe it connects to the Matrix to upload diagnostic data or something, and a hacker technically could get in, there wouldn't really be anything meaningful he could do with it.

As far as poo poo like cybereyes, I will rule that they are hackable as long as they are wirelessly connected to something like a smartlink. They aren't slaved to the link, though, nor vice-versa.

Regarding grenades, no chunky salsa. That poo poo's all broke.

Guns do enough damage to bullets in firing them that enchantments would be wiped, but arrows, swords, etc. can hold an enchantment.
In the case of melee weapons and destructive enchants, however, the weapon will need to resist the same amount of damage dealt by the enchantment only (unless it is stun, of course.)

I'm still new to this system, so if there are any problems introduced here, I may not be aware of them, and I would welcome opinions on the matter.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I wanted to PM you to let you know I was recruiting again, and yeah, you did your damndest, so don't worry, you are in. Just submit a dude.

You too, ltr. You never got the chance to try.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Actually, with custom augs being so popular, would I be able to take Distinctive Style for that? Also, hidden weapon mount for the bike. Since there's no rules in the SR5 book for that, could we go with just adding 4,000 nuyen to the cost, since the +4F from Arsenal would bring it right up to 12F?

They may be popular, but they're still distinctive, especially when trying to ID a foreigner.

And the submission deadline is Tuesday, bunnielab (or at least, I intended it to be; I'll double check later), so Monday is gold.

I'll allow the hidden weapon mount at the price you quoted , but nothing bigger than a machine pistol.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 4, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Great stuff so far. Not a single character I don't want to take. So...

Slight change in plans. I'm upping the character limit to ten. The groups will be spkit into two different groups, each running a seperate but related run in their own threads.

The adventures can, and are designed to, run into each other over time. Depending on how each is played, the meeting may be amicable, or it may be otherwise.

Obviously, I have a path and a plan for each run, but don't let that get in the way of playing your character. My style of GMing is that I establish a plot and a world for a story, but the characters are the ones that ultimately write it.
If you find yourself in a situation where you feel you are moving against my plans, or perhaps against your group, go with that, if it is indeed what your character would do. I can't promise favorable consequences, but I won't go out of my way to gently caress you for it either. Hell, it might work out for you. I will always play it how I feel it would go down organically.

This leaves the endgame pretty wide open, which some may feel is a weakness, but this isn't Fallout. A human GM makes that sort of thing quite doable. The last thing I want to do is railroad you, although there may be times it feels like that is happening. Some situations are just harder to get out of than others.

malikial posted:

Skill Groups:
Conjuring 3(2 free 1 Karma)
-Summoning
-Binding
-Banishing

Just want to check this. You spent 1 karma to boost a skill group from 2 to 3?

The Bible fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 5, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

That's fine, I upped the character limit anyway, and I like the background.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

All done unless I somehow find a picture, which sadly doesn't seem likely. Come on Korea. Where are your punks. You can't all be boy groups*

*They are absolutely all boy groups.

Sometimes they dress up like Will Smith circa 1996, if that helps.

Here, lucky for you, I read your post just as I passed this on the subway, so I snapped a pic in front of about 1000 koreans who probably think I'm gay now.

http://imgur.com/Srqwoka

Imagine running into those Babyface Killahs in some dark alley. You'd piss yourself, you would.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 6, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

I mean I teach in the land of the "morning calm" (HAH!) but every time I ask either students, other teachers, or hell, any of the expats who've been here longer who the decent rock groups are, they just shrug and tell me it's 90% pop and hip hop around here.

That said, I hear that there is a pretty decent rock scene here. I don't know anything about it, though, I'm not much of a music buff. If there is a Korean nerdcore scene, I'd piss myself in excitement.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Alright, Recruiting is closed, and we have 10 characters. In the next couple days, I'll be posting two threads and linking to them here. Here is how the teams are set up.

Seoul Team
Atlatl
ltr
CisMaletheSensitiv
ProfessorCirno
bunnielab

Jeju Team
Doc Dee
Mustache Ride
malikial
Classtoise
Viscardus

I look forward to it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I stand by my selections.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Here's a thought: what if a decker hacked the diagnostics on the bone-lacing and had it report a broken femur or something lifethreatening to said guys biomonitor, which....pages the doc wagon contract. Confusion is meaningful enough right?

I like how you think. Ok, clever poo poo like that will be ruled on on a case-by-case basis.

Of course, you've just summoned more potential opponents, depending on the guy's state when they get there, but I'm the GM, not your common-sense, so I'd allow it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Is it too late to take Prejudiced (Awakened, biased)? :colbert:

I'll allow it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Not insane, but maybe heading in that direction.

EDIT: We also seem to be Team Sneak.

EDIT EDIT: Hey, what dice rolling site do you want to use? I am going to be out of town next week with just an ipad and want to make sure I can get whatever site to work on it.

Atlatl got it right, Orokos. Use Seoul Team and Jeju Team for the game names, respective of your team.

Games should be up today.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

I was just kidding, my character hates her own magic, not really anyone else's.

Also just realized the Aerodynamic specialization for Throwing refers to grenades, so I'll need to change that to Knives if that's okay.

Plus,

code:
Initiative: 9+3d6 Armor: 13 (Chameleon Suit, Helmet, Dermal Plating)  

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon         Acc    Damage  AP   Modes   RC     Ammo      Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Kunai           7      6P     -1    --     -       20          0-5/6-10/11-15/16-25
Smoke Grenade   -      --     --    --     -        3         0-10/11-20/21-30/30-50 

Melee Weapons:
Weapon         Acc  Reach   Damage  AP
Ninjato         6     1       8P    -2
Combat Knife    6     -       7P    -3

Physical Damage: 12/12	Stun Damage: 9/9     Overflow: 3/3

Go ahead and change it to knives.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Games are up.

Seoul
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582768

Jeju
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582770

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Sweet, everyone has checked in to their threads. I'm a bit busy at work at the moment, but when I hit a down moment, I'll kick off both adventures.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Hey, how are we handling skill and attribute advancements?

In between major runs there will be sufficient downtime to handle stuff like that. Although I guess learning a brand new skill or bringing one from like, 1 to 2, could be done during a run. We'd just assume you're working on it during the downtime and travel times.

If you have other ideas, I'm listening, though.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Nope, that sounds like what I was hoping for. So I'd be able to use Karma to get a rank in a couple active skills and knowledge skills after the meeting with Mr. Kim?

We're early enough into it for that, sure, provided you still have karma left over from chargen, of course.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Oh man, I feel like I'm asking too many questions, but this being my first game, I probably should. :ohdear:

Can Action skills also double as Knowledge skills in certain cases, or would I have to, for example, take Cybertech as both an Action skill and a Knowledge skill?

As written, no, they probably didn't intend for that, after all, knowing how to fire a gun and knowing exactly how and why a gun works are two very different things, but there are times where I will call for a active skill to be used as a knowledge skill. Usually with penalties, but for example, if you have no formal education on cyberware identification, but have spent half your life getting the poo poo installed, you're going to know at least something regarding it.

And ask away, that's what the OOC thread is for. You'll never learn anything if you're too shy to ask. The rulebook is confusing and was apparently edited by someone with dyslexia, so you really should ask if there is something you don't know.

On that note, feel free to use the thread to critique the run, npcs, my writing style, etc. I'm not a grognard, I want this to be fun, first and foremost. The tone of the run is meant to be mostly mirrorshades, but I will totally roll with some pink mohawk poo poo if you guys can pull it off. I mean, this is Cyberpunk. If you can't propel a small boat with the recoil of your minigun, you might as well be playing GURPS.

I'm doing this to improve my fiction writing as much as I am for my love of shadowrun and cyberpunk. Criticism is completely welcome and invited for anyone willing to give it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Classtoise posted:

Sorry it took me so long to post in the Buttbutts thread :shobon:. Hard to find an in-character way to say "My character is totally in" :v:

Unacceptable. I demand a minimum of 6 posts a day, and expect considerably more dedication from my players.

But seriously, poo poo happens, man, don't anybody sweat it if you can't post as frequently as usual. Just a game.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hey Atlatl, what Mafia family was Amelia tied to, and for that matter, which Mafia?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

What kind of Armorer test should I expect for "hypothetically" ripping the guts out of a pair of shock gloves and integrating them with a ninjato to create an electric sword?

If you would even allow it, I wouldn't attempt it until upgrading to an Armorer shop and taking a Melee Weapon Design knowledge skill. Which brings up another question: would I have to have two separate work areas for a cybertech shop and an armorer shop, or would they both be considered small enough to fit in one area?

EDIT: Superheated monoedged combat knife holy crap I was bored at work.

I'll toss in an electrical engineering knowledge skill requirement there too, unless you want to risk glitching it without proper safety knowledge.

Probably around 4 or 5 hits. I'd let you do it all at an armorer's bench.

As far as adding an armorer's shop to a cybertech shop, I'd let you do it at 1.5x the lifestyle cost of an extra workarea.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Well, how else would I learn other than through trial and error? :v:

Maybe eventually my character will read up on electrical engineering out of boredom and get an idea, but I was mostly just getting really excited about potential uses for Armorer and Cybertech that I came up with at work because it was so slow. Not really much I can do with Armorer except fix guns and maybe just add a monomolecular edge to blades though, is there?

Would that 1,500 nuyen be just to expand the work area I have, or a separate charge for a separate area? I already have one work area for my cybertech shop and armorer kit. And I'm assuming that wouldn't include the 5,000 for the tools for a Shop?

Added monthly to your lifestyle cost. I'm working from memory, if I have the number wrong, let me know. I'm willing to let you have a combo of it for 1.5x the price.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Oh, paying 1,500 instead of 1,000 a month? drat, too bad I paid for ten months in advance and JUST GOT 5,000 NUYEN :aaaaa:

Still it'd come to 10k total for the tools as well.

I'd probably take it, but not until after this scene at least.

EDIT: Also, just out of curiosity, what kind of interval would we be looking at for the customized weapons test?

Extended Test, 30 minute intervals seems realistic to me. You'll probably have to wait until after this first run, at least, unless you can convince Kim to get you some time at a workstation.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Uhhhhhh, I'm not entirely familiar with the Matrix rules, will I have to do a Matrix Perception test to to find icons, then identify Madd Matt's, before I could find him and start rolling teamwork tests or whatever??

I knew I shouldn't have taken the Computer skill. :suicide:

Only if he's hiding from you, which I'm assuming he isn't. Since you guys have the full cooperation of the sysadmin for the moment, the only thing you need to roll to see is the databombs.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

Once the data bombs are gone, what would be the proper actions for reconnecting the node and decrypting the files?

Reboot. I'm just making that whole part up, since technical details regarding Matrix hardware have always been vague.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

Yeah, that's what I tried to do and I got my hand slapped :(

I'll get another post in tomorrow with some rolly rolls

Yeah, sorry about that. Resonance is pretty different though, so things like stitch work in very particular ways.

I'll be more attentive to player narrative though. I don't mean to stifle anyone.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 14, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Doc Dee posted:

I would do a Teamwork test for the Data Bombs, but I don't have the Software skill and you can't default that.

.......For some reason when I first thought up my character I figured she could be a backup decker eventually, don't know why I didn't spring for a deck instead of buying TEN MONTHS of High Lifestyle at chargen. :shobon:

EDIT: This reminds me, I have to choose which of the Big Ten's grids I get access to. Which grid would make the most sense for a weeaboo to pick....?

Renraku.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Viscardus posted:

I want to make sure I get the lore right. Adepts don't really have traditions the way magicians do, do they? Or did I miss that?

I don't think so, but I expect you'd find that a lot of adepts would identify heavily with Shaolin, various Buddhist sects, anything that emphasizes finding peace and control internally. Maybe others who are just way into sports, and even weirdos like social adepts, who I guess would identify with, I don't know, Pick-Up Artists? We'd need to invent a "negging" skill.

It's really up to the player, though.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Also let it be known that I do allow Magicians to summon the spirits of the dead. The book doesn't seem to have any rules on it, so I made up my own. The force of the spirit is equal to the willpower of the deceased, although it will be treated as 2x that for purposes of summoning and drain to reflect the difficulty of not only summoning a metahuman soul, but locating it as well.

This makes doing it as a teamwork roll much more easily. You also need the corpse (or at least most of it). Conjuring foci can be used normally. The spirit will not owe any services, but will answer the number of questions equal to your net hits on the leader's conjuring test.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I got through my extra work today, so posting frequency should be back up.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mustache Ride posted:

So how do I get my Sprite to sit in the background and chew on this encrypted file for half an hour?

I don't really want to roll and wait for hours.

Just an extended test. Given another half hour, he'll probably get it. You'll either need to come back though to get him, since the node isn't on the Matrix, or communicate over a Resonance channel, if you have that Form.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

For both games, I'd like to ask that when you post, please link your character sheet.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Well, ok, just do it as often as you can, then. It won't kill me to look up the sheet every now and then.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

I thought was was being clever in sending the bbc code to myself in an email but trying to c/p from that is killing me. When I go out of town next weekend I am going to bring an actual computer.

I can't remember if you went over this before, but how do you handle Edge regeneration? Do we get it back daily, after every clear "scene change" or when you tell us it comes back?

Critical successes and feats of outrageous badassery only.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Viscardus posted:

Okay, so, I don't know that this really matters, but it's been confusing me and I feel like I should know. Do Adepts count as Awakened or not? If they do, is the doctor here just mistaken? I don't mean to pick on it if it's a mistake, I'm just not sure whether or not the doctor is supposed to not realize that Elena is an Adept or what.

Also, either way, isn't Kasumi clearly not Awakened?

Failed Assensing check (In-Character, you don't know this, though). Adepts are indeed Awakened.

And yeah, Kasumi is clearly not awakened, but is also not Chinese, so the doctor feels less inclined to voice his concerns with her.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 21, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

The Bible, I want to rent an office building FLOOR not just some love hotel, whats that gonna cost me. Here i'm gonna give you a hint why.

I want to shove autoturrets and wireguided antitank missles into a floor to deal with S-K SRT and otherwise cause havoc/make it seem like theres more than one team running

Oh, I see. If you're wanting a floor of the S-K building, that might be a bit cost prohibitive. If you want just a nearby office-tel floor for a day or two, you could swing it for 2500 nuyen, less on a good negotiation roll .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

AmyL posted:

Would you be recruiting additional people later on in the campaign? The one I was in with Mandozer stalled and crashed so I am currently looking for a game.

I do plan on running these as a series of adventures between which characters can leave and arrive should they wish to. I'll hit the recruitment thread when it happens.

• Locked thread