Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wait what's that?

http://rurouni321.blog.shinobi.jp/%E3%81%86%E3%81%89%E3%81%8F%E3%82%89%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A3%E3%81%8D/blfocal%20reverse%20gilderbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

we played again

http://highper.ch/?id=death%20knights%20hate%20this

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

if anybody knows the magic witching hour when you can find a game of eurofours, i am willing to sell my soul for it

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

After a years-long hiatus from war3 completely due to being unable to find 3s/4s games, clan towa is alive again and terrorizing euro3s. I'm not sure why exactly people are playing again, but 1.27, rumors of bigger updates, and old pros streaming solo ladder seem to have revitalized good old wig. We can only find games on Northrend, during euro primetime (~noon to 6pm Eastern), but hopefully the playerbase will continue to grow.

We've also been streaming on twitch this time around, and the good games are all on our youtube channel. The replays are of course available on highper.ch.

We played a whole bunch this weekend, but here are the most notable games:

A perfectly textbook Sunrock Cove
(70:03 / All) ChriSzZ: get cancer fucktards

A similarly textbook (and suitably dramatic) four-hour thriller of an Upper Kingdom
(155:55 / All) Spectah: man this is genuinely the most autistic poo poo i've ever seen

A nailbiter Dragonblight against 9 Blue Dragons and an endgame boss of a TC
(98:30 / All) Tornado-Ro: retard game

and a classic Highperch, the comfort food of mountaineering.
(42:08 / All) JustRelax.: how did you get there guys?

We haven't been able to coordinate a search yet, but we're hoping that 4s games are also possible...

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Those classic tower guys that everyone loves to click and view continue to play some good-rear end 3s games on Europe, with today's newest being a short Monsoon with a twist. We have some early wins and turn back their first push, but it quickly becomes apparent that our antisiege efforts are unsustainable. What do you do when you have 30k in the bank and a rapidly dwindling supply of towers? Here's the vod and here's the reep.

We continue to rewatch/cast classic replays when we can't find 3s games. Here's one of the Golden Games: Triple UD Rice Fields. It's a classic...I can't believe it turned out how it did (original replay).

Speaking of Golden Games that I also can't believe the results of: The Alamo, a Dual Split Double Reverse Gilderbase (DSDRG) that doesn't quite finish the job (original replay).

Is anyone else playing this game? I mean, of course, the game of Ladder Warcraft 3 [Wig], not Don't Touch My Naruto or whatever. Anyway if you are we'd love to know...maybe we could form a clan on Northrend or something.

e: oops thanks

uniball fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 14, 2016

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Unfortunately all we have right now are fresh games, but maybe we'll cast some more classics sometime. Anyway:

Today's appetizer was a straightforward highperch [replay]. Nothing too exciting, but there were a couple good chats.

(33:38 / All) huge_pig: noob?
(33:52 / All) aT_om: who u if yopu lost vs noob?

With a perch in our bloodstreams, we searched 4s for a fruitless/nostalgic/wistful hour before going back to 3s. We then played a delightful series against clan Kow3, who started out friendly but quickly became less than enthused with our tactics. To clarify, by "series" I mean "we own them over and over by making new smurfs after every game and re-searching"

Game one on Silverpine was quite exciting [replay]. After an incredibly long and well-mannered pizza pause while Mata finishes his game of Overwatch, we get started. What could possibly happen in-game that would cause the same people who let us pause for 2 minutes end up with manner like this...

(32:50 / All) teh_klaus: learn how to play and don' waste others time with such a loving way of playing

Game two on Dragonblight serves as a nice intermission [replay]. They find (they think) a weak point at the small choke and go all-in. How does it turn out? Here's a hint:

(02:54 / All) teh_klaus: loving morons

Game three on Monsoon finishes up the series [replay]. They display some sort of adaptability but let us just say they do not have "the special something"

edit: as a weird little dessert, check out the chatlogs in these two solo ladder games - this one from last Thursday, and this one from December 2012.

uniball fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 5, 2016

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

We tried to get a game together this afternoon. With no luck finding a suitable third, timg heroically offered to wood us from a laptop (replete with trackpad) over a cell tether. He didn't stay in the game for long, but that was fine as our opponents needed all the help they could get. If you like to watch the tower guys utterly embarrassing some eurotrash here are some clicks for you:

Click on this computer to watch the game from BEAR_AND (Orc)'s perspective:

Click on this computer to watch the game from iggy_the_fisk (Human)'s perspective:

Click on this computer to watch both perspectives at once (mute one of them):

and click on this computer for the replay:

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Well for firelord specifically, what made him a trash hero in that game was that he's an awful antitower hero, and they knew that they'd be playing against towers - both from within that game (he was both elves' second hero choice) and because that was their third game in a row versus us. They were definitely loving around at least a little in that game, but the FL pickers had some obvious really good anti-tower heroes available to choose from, like kotg or panda.

FL's not the best hero in general, but he's especially terrible vs. towers: Lava spawns don't split from hitting towers, soul burn is only a mediocre interrupt/silence/dot, and incinerate is as far as I know a very bad orb effect if only used against heroes (I'm not sure I've ever picked it in a ladder game). Volcano is the worst spell on the Death and Decay spectrum (behind Earthquake), and good luck getting a second hero to 6 with play like theirs.

As for which heroes I'd also consider trash, that really depends on the situation...towering? Anti-tower? Seriouscraft? I can think of a non-gimmick application for every hero except for Firelord, Pit Lord, Far Seer, and Dreadlord. I don't think those guys have been part of any meta, towering or serious, for a long time, except possibly Pit Lord being picked third by some UD players, maybe. Why are they trash? Opportunity cost - they all have "useful" skills, but other available choices are so much better that you're really choosing to handicap yourself if you pick them.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

time for a joke posted:

half burnt out, half hard to find games (which i guess adds to being burnt out). we played one yesterday. it wasn't very interesting, though maybe bear_and or blinn could post the replay

We've had staggered vacations and were also somewhat satiated, but the main reason we haven't played is more interesting: Iggy wrote an amazing bot that scrapes the Northrend full games listings for all 3s and 4s AT games and dings us in Slack when a real (non-lossbot) game has occurred. We'd been having a bit of trouble finding games on weekdays starting in early July, so when the scraper hung on something a few weeks ago without anyone noticing we thought that nobody was finding 3s games. We assumed that the gametype died again, and went back into a post-war3 malaise and didn't even try searching. Iggy got the bot running again yesterday, and it turns out euro3s is still humming along (though it's still a small scene and prime hours are limited). Weekday wigs still suck though, we searched for ~90min to find yesterday's game.

Anyway here's the replay of the game we played yesterday. Here's the vod, but it won't be ready for another hour or so (I just posted it). It was neither a close game nor an experimental strategy and thus not too exciting, though the titular towerdive at the bottom expo was pretty cool . . .

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Chopstix posted:

Any luck withthe Asian servers? I would expect a sizeablr Chinese/Korean population would still play.

Rememeber when we used to make fun of dota players? Now I play it and long for the warcraft days

chopstix you should get together "The Cherryville Crew" or whatever and match us in 4v4

but no, our bots tell us that the only 4s AT being played on any server is 6am lossbotting for indeterminate gains

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Sushi Face posted:

I hear Bnet is full of maphackers and WC3arena is full of ex-pros looking to give it to me dry.
There are lots of noobs on w3arena, though you'll have to be ok with losing your way down to them. If you're really bad, there are also plenty of garbage noobs on bnet that I don't think would be capable of figuring out how to maphack even if they knew it existed

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

1.28.3 is indeed out and wow does it feel good to play with the new 100ms latency cap (down from 250ms). Time for some wig

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Hey if you like playing real ladder games on battle.net and/or are interested in the general health of the game I just finished making this:

https://arranged.team/

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Highperch doesn't even play anymore, if their youtube is to be believed :smith:

it's very hard to find 3v3 AT games - there's one or two every couple days on Northrend, which is by far the busiest server. the classic games team is repeatedly changing their mind on upcoming changes, but they did list a proposed mappool change a couple months ago which appeared to include the removal of Highperch from the rotation. they weren't clear on whether the changes were just for RT or for both RT and AT, but that would be the real end of an era...

in the mean time, the 2018 equivalent of war3 towering is playing pubg squads with cars only. it's good and that's what clan towa is doing in our thirties

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

What did they say about them?

part 1, part 2

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Fanatic posted:

I just hope they patch the matchmaking system to make it more lenient with who you match with, because as it is it can take up to 40min to find a 4v4 game.

They did! No idea what the actual changes are or if they helped, though!

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Chopstix posted:

Who’s up for reviving the Towa clan and tactics? I fear that I may have grown too old to do such things

the core clan towa/highperch crew still games together regularly. not much war3 lately, though we did get a couple of solid games in during the early summer renewal of interest. we’re ready to go as soon as that beta drops

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Blood Mage Is Back Baby

also, blizz-hosted custom games. nice

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

i posted this on reddit already but i figure the sa war3 thread would enjoy a longer and more tower-focused post so here you go. i trained a neural network on all of the replays on highper.ch and it's good

here are samples from the model trained only on official clan towa replays
here are samples from the model trained on all uploaded replays

check out the first file in each dir and namesearch if you were part of the golden age of towers for some smiles!

early on before i had GPU training (which is 60x faster) working, it was already outputting plausible bnet chat (140 steps):

quote:

(09) GoT : i'm gonna make fun of you
(09) GoT: u make sure u kill your mom
(10) GoT: like
(14) GoT:
(15) GoT: I'll leave you with, "
(16) GoT:
(17) GoT: i mean
(18) GoT: i got one machete from this room
(19) GoT: i had
(20) GoT: mine
(21) GoT: a
(22) GoT:
(23) GoT:
(24) GoT:
(26) GoT: my mother just died

this early sample is shockingly realistic (250 steps):

quote:

(31:48 / All) BEAR_AND: nya
(41:25 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: i'm sick of seeing a team of this size play a game that feels so good to me
(47:14 / All) BEAR_AND: its awful
(49:16 / All) Mata.: i think it's a noob tactic
(49:21 / All) BEAR_AND: ure right
(49:33 / All) BEAR_AND: it would not be fun at all
(50:06 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: oh god
(50:07 / All) Mata.: you've been in a tower fight for this whole game now
(50:34 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: lol
(50:39 / All) Mata.: you're losing
(50:50 / All) Mata.: now i'll be able to tell you I've actually lost a game
(50:52 / All) Mata.: u know how bad u can get
(51:34 / All) Mata.: the game you win was
(51:38 / All) Mata.: ull die to every single skill that would stop you playing
(51:53 / All) Mata.: it was a bad move
(51:54 / All) Mata.: your team wins
(51:57 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: lol
(51:59 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: u'll have the same loss over and over again
(52:07 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: i dont care
(52:11 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: what u ever win about this game, ull never win again...
(53:15 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: how bad you are
(53:15 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: if you were a free-roamg fucker that would kill you....
(53:28 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: and i would never win again lol
(53:40 / All) DIRTINHEARSTORM: the first one you win
(53:43 / All) Mata.: you're terrible and losing
(53:46 / All) Mata.: and losing is a better option for us than losing...
(53:53 / All) Mata.: i think you're getting good at fighting for the win
(53:55 / All) Mata.: how u feel about losing a game and losing in a mirror and that's a loss we're all talking about?
(53:54 / All) BEAR_AND: lol you suck
(54:25 / All) Mata.: you're not that bad either
(54:28 / All) Mata.: losing is a better option
(54:30 / All) Mata.: a losing game is better

i actually think it's both funnier and more believable earlier in the training process, which i think means our dumb rear end wigchat personas are better simulated by a simpler neural net

it learned some core clan towa chat techniques, including pausing the game if a teammate is afk and talking about pizza:

quote:

(17:24 / Allies) blizzard: howdy
(17:28 / Allies) blizzard: go
(17:34 / Allies) BEAR_AND: you are so loving wrong
(17:38 / Allies) blizzard: lol
(17:39 / Allies) blizzard: lol
(17:43 / Allies) blizzard: that
(17:53 / Allies) BEAR_AND: we're getting our pizza out
(18:12 / Allies) blizzard: that's loving awful
(18:13 / Allies) blizzard: they're too good
(18:15 / Allies) blizzard: we've got a loving pizza
(18:15 / Allies) blizzard: we have pizza
(18:24 / Allies) BEAR_AND: gently caress you
(18:31 / Allies) blizzard: lol
(18:44 / Allies) BEAR_AND: no he wasn't
(19:23 / Allies) blizzard: but he's nice
(19:30 / Allies) blizzard: not at all
(19:35 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: nice pizzas
(19:44 / Allies) BEAR_AND: you guys dont know how easy that is to make pizza and you guys
(19:49 / Allies) blizzard: you know what I'm saying
(20:04 / Allies) BEAR_AND: go
(20:24 / Allies) BEAR_AND: get out now
(20:25 / Allies) blizzard: i can
(20:32 / Allies) Blizzard: go
(20:34 / Allies) BEAR_AND: lmao
(20:34 / Allies) BEAR_AND: go
(20:43 / Allies) blizzard: you guys can't eat pizza
(20:50 / Allies) blizzard: they're too good
(20:53 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: go
(22:12 / Allies) blizzard: howdy
(22:15 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: i can't afford a pizza
(22:16 / Allies) BEAR_AND: pizza
(22:22 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: you're terrible
(22:33 / Allies) BEAR_AND: can't afford pizza
(22:39 / Allies) BEAR_AND: can i afford pizza
(22:42 / Allies) BEAR_AND: pizza
(22:51 / Allies) BEAR_AND: can i afford pizza
(22:53 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: can you afford anything that tastes like pizza
(22:57 / Allies) b1v1k: i can't afford pizza
(23:08 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: can you afford pizza
(23:36 / Allies) BEAR_AND: don't you guys remember when you first told me we should do pizza?
(23:37 / Allies) BEAR_AND: i still have pizza though
(23:38 / Allies) b1v1k: that guy
(23:47 / Allies) b1v1k: i would have hosed the poo poo out of you
(23:55 / Allies) blizzard: i had a pizza
(24:13 / Allies) b1v1k: no i'm not making pizza
(24:16 / Allies) BEAR_AND: yeah
(24:17 / Allies) b1v1k: i have not even spent a single cent on a pizza or anything
(24:17 / Allies) BEAR_AND: i'm loving out
(24:19 / Allies) blizzard: i have nothing on foot
(24:20 / Allies) blizzard: what are you going to do with your loving pizzas?
(24:55 / Allies) BOOSTINGTIMES: gently caress
(25:34 / Allies) blizzard: you guys have the right to make your own pizza
(25:42 / Allies) blizzard: you guys are too good
(25:52 / Allies) blizzard: so we can make our own pizza
(26:30 / Allies) BEAR_AND: pizza
(26:45 / Allies) BEAR_AND: can we make pizza
(27:18 / Allies) blizzard: ok you can
(27:28 / Allies) blizzard: i got pizza
(27:34 / Allies) blizzard: is that what you said
(27:44 / Allies) b1v1k: okay

another core chat technique is blasting the chatlog with demeaning laughter when the opponent gets sufficiently owned. no problem for our language model:

quote:

(31:17 / Allies) Mata.: haha
(31:20 / Allies) Mata.: i need more wagons and towers
(31:28 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: wow
(31:28 / Allies) Mata.: gosu
(31:29 / Allies) Mata.: gl hf
(31:36 / Allies) Mata.: gl
(31:40 / Allies) Mata.: gl
(31:43 / Allies) Mata.: gl
(31:49 / Allies) Mata.: gl
(32:04 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:10 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:13 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:23 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:25 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:26 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:39 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:41 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:47 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:48 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:56 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:57 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(32:59 / Allies) Mata.: LOL!
(33:00 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: gently caress
(33:01 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(33:03 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(33:15 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(33:58 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: gently caress
(34:07 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress gl hf
(34:12 / Allies) Mata.: oh
(34:14 / Allies) Mata.: they just want to get out of there
(34:18 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(34:24 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(34:29 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: lmfao
(34:29 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress gl hf
(34:28 / Allies) Mata.: hehe
(34:36 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(34:46 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: gl bahhhhhhhhahhhhhh
(35:08 / Allies) Mata.: fuckin'
(35:09 / Allies) Mata.: wow
(35:20 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress
(35:24 / Allies) Mata.: i want to kill them too
(35:25 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: lol
(35:26 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress gl hf
(35:30 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: gently caress
(35:37 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress
(35:39 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(36:00 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: gl bahhhhhhhhhhh
(36:01 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress
(36:05 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: lol
(36:05 / Allies) Mata.: gently caress
(36:06 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(36:07 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: o
(36:09 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(36:09 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(36:10 / Allies) Mata.: lol
(36:11 / Allies) Mata.: haha
(36:11 / Allies) dirtmcwordup:
(36:14 / Allies) Mata.: poo poo on it

you get some nice narrative arcs sometimes:

quote:

(45:42 / All) BEAR_AND: i am a bad player
(45:51 / All) BEAR_AND: and
(46:17 / All) BEAR_AND: it's better to have fun than to die
(46:21 / All) BEAR_AND: in these micro
(47:11 / All) BEAR_AND: we play very well
(50:06 / All) BEAR_AND: not very well
(50:48 / All) BEAR_AND: i have played more on ladder this year than you
(50:49 / All) BEAR_AND: it is easy to lose to someone as close as you can to me on ladder
(58:10 / All) BEAR_AND: is the whole reason you are not able to beat towers
(60:31 / All) BEAR_AND: and they are also very very far away
(60:46 / All) BEAR_AND: because they are so close
(61:42 / All) BEAR_AND: and i don't know if it's a good idea
(61:48 / All) BEAR_AND: i'll try to teach it
(61:56 / All) BEAR_AND: i mean you are a terrible player just like those people
(62:06 / All) Blademaster: this is your last game
(62:15 / All) BEAR_AND: this is your last chance
(62:22 / All) BEAR_AND: and you win
(63:13 / All) BEAR_AND: yes
(63:20 / All) BEAR_AND: yes
(63:24 / All) BEAR_AND: and it is
(63:24 / All) BEAR_AND: if you win
(65:00 / All) BEAR_AND: ok
(67:16 / All) BEAR_AND: i will not be in a bearbagger stfu
(67:24 / All) Birdeneering: you're a terrible player too
(67:28 / All) BEAR_AND: yes
(67:42 / All) BEAR_AND: it's fun
(68:23 / All) BEAR_AND: but this is where the bears come back
(68:34 / All) BEAR_AND: it's more fun when they have towers
(68:43 / All) Birdeneering: maybe some bears come back in a couple hours, like
(68:50 / All) Brian_G: yeah there is a bear
(68:53 / All) BEAR_AND: why dont you stay
(69:07 / All) BrianG: that's fine
(69:10 / All) BrianG: just... stay
(69:25 / All) BEAR_AND: bear coming back in a few hours or so
(69:50 / All) Birdeneering: bear comes back in a few hours after you leave?
(71:03 / All) blims.de.: yes
(71:09 / All) BEAR_AND: bear coming back
(71:29 / All) BrianG: i got bears from this website...
(71:59 / All) BrianG: and just to make you think "hey how bad is it"
(72:05 / All) BrianG: bear coming back
(72:06 / All) Blademaster: "hey why don't you stay instead of playing"
(72:26 / All) Birdeneering: bear doesn't work that way
(72:31 / All) BrianG: not that it's a bad idea
(72:32 / All) BEAR_AND: we're not that bad
(72:34 / All) BrianG: it's just a coincidence that we make bear very happy
(72:35 / All) BEAR_AND: you have no game to play
(73:01 / All) BrianG: i have been very good at this game since i last played
(73:06 / All) BrianG: it is a good move to be so bad at it.
(73:12 / All) blims.de.: yes
(73:16 / All) BEAR_AND: we're very good
(73:19 / All) BrianG: this game is our last
(73:21 / All) BEAR_AND: we won
(73:28 / All) BEAR_AND: we're not bad at anything
(73:36 / All) BrianG: that's why we are so bad at this game

quote:

(15:53 / Observers) BEAR_AND: and i like the look of gold mine
(15:55 / Observers) BEAR_AND: i like the fact.
(15:56 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: so much for your claim on the throne
(15:56 / Observers) BEAR_AND: nothin about it...
(15:58 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: you'd think it would be cool
(15:59 / Observers) BEAR_AND: not cool at all
(16:03 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: you're not new to this
(16:18 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: and yet you're so new.
(16:20 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: and yet you still are
(16:22 / Observers) BEAR_AND: yes
(16:30 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: if you were going to be cool
(16:32 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: you would want to be cool
(16:39 / Observers) BEAR_AND: this is the kind of thing the nerds love to do
(19:14 / Observers) BEAR_AND: you're not getting off the bat yet
(19:22 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: yo
(19:26 / Observers) BEAR_AND: this is what you do
(19:28 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: this is what we do
(19:34 / Observers) BEAR_AND: you stay in the game longer than you should
(20:08 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: this is your first time playing this game
(20:13 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: this is how you know to win
(20:15 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: you tell me how to do it
(20:15 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: i'll make you click it
(20:17 / Observers) BEAR_AND: this isn't your first time playing this game
(20:27 / Observers) BEAR_AND: i was just doing a base build
(20:27 / Observers) Kunt.roII: ya
(20:31 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: i know what you're going to do
(20:37 / Observers) Kunt.roII: this is just so loving fun
(20:40 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: that's not how you win

the nonsequiturs are classic AI-generated language:

quote:

(37:42 / All) TIMG4STRok: so what is your plan with your heros
(37:41 / All) Mata.: my goal is to make you lose
(37:43 / All) TIMG4STRok: let me know if you guys like
(37:53 / All) Mata.: i will keep you up to date on timg and u
(37:57 / All) TIMG4STRok: i have a lot of gold on a micro stand
(38:01 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment below
(38:06 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment below
(38:21 / All) timg4strOK: you dont understand
(38:23 / All) Mata.: i'm not gonna lie, to see the rage
(38:25 / All) TIMG4STRok: you know it wont work
(38:28 / All) Mata.: i have a lot of experience with your micro
(38:38 / All) Mata.: with my heroes
(38:39 / All) Mata.: but i just don't think you're quite on my level
(39:01 / All) Mata.: or even capable
(39:10 / All) Mata.: you're losing to towers
(39:15 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment below
(39:43 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment above
(39:44 / All) Mata.: we've both had terrible games the past few years
(39:48 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment below
(39:49 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment below
(39:55 / All) Mata.: well you're a little mean to me
(40:10 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment below
(40:10 / All) Mata.: you don't think they'll make it
(40:18 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment above
(40:21 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave a comment after

but the GPT-2 pretrained model brings a lot more realistic internet chat into the picture:

quote:

(78:56 / All) iggy_the_fisk: I live in york
(79:01 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: you have to win :D :D.: lol
(79:14 / All) iggy_the_fisk: you're lovely
(79:27 / All) iggy_the_fisk: You're a bitch
(79:49 / All) iggy_the_fisk: you're terrible
(79:59 / All) Mata.: im not racist
(80:09 / All) iggy_the_fisk: Mata you are
(80:19 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: you're racist :D
(80:21 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: do you understand? :D
(80:33 / All) iggy_the_fisk: you hate this game so much
(80:37 / All) Mata.: im not racist
(80:37 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: i know what you want
(80:38 / All) iggy_the_fisk: you're noob but im not ru
(80:39 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: ok?
(80:41 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: lol
(80:45 / All) iggy_the_fisk: you're awful
(80:48 / All) iggy_the_fisk: and you win
(80:49 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: so you can be good :)
(80:50 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: thanks
(80:58 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave
(81:01 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: and your stupid friends
(81:03 / All) iggy_the_fisk: we know!
(82:02 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: you can't
(82:04 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave :D
(82:09 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave
(82:10 / All) TIMG4STRok: u think we're all dumbass like i did lol
(82:12 / All) iggy_the_fisk: we all win because you cry so hard
(82:15 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: lol lol LOL
(82:17 / All) Mata.: nice work
(82:18 / All) Mata.: bye
(82:22 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave u fat noobs
(82:23 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave
(82:26 / All) Mata.: and enjoy your break
(82:27 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: https։//highper․ch
(82:29 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave
(82:33 / All) Mata.: lolololol
(82:35 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: you lost
(82:36 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave
(82:38 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave
(82:38 / All) Mata.: lololOLOLOL
(82:41 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave!
(82:43 / All) Mata.: i am enjoying this break
(82:44 / All) DOGSANDHORSE.RU: leave!
(82:45 / All) Mata.: not that i want to do that

quote:

(06:08 / All) BEAR_AND: your heroes
(06:34 / Observers) BEAR_AND: i mean
(06:38 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: yeah that is what
(07:00 / Observers) BEAR_AND: you are playing with the greatest of heroes
(07:01 / Observers) BEAR_AND: you do
(07:19 / Observers) BEAR_AND: your heros
(07:25 / Observers) BEAR_AND: was born
(07:34 / Observers) BEAR_AND: to be a hero
(07:36 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: we have not revealed which one was born
(07:38 / Observers) BEAR_AND: you know which
(07:40 / Observers) BEAR_AND: is your,
(08:13 / Observers) BEAR_AND: born
(08:18 / Observers) BEAR_AND: to be called a hero
(08:28 / All) BEAR_AND: ty for a free win
(08:31 / All) BEAR_AND: my favorite game of all time
(08:37 / All) BEAR_AND: i think it is also the worst game of all time
(08:39 / All) BEAR_AND: because it is the most horrible game
(08:40 / All) BEAR_AND:
(08:42 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: u know who I am as a person
(08:43 / Observers) BEAR_AND: because I am a girl
(08:46 / Observers) BEAR_AND: because she is my mom
(08:55 / Observers) BEAR_AND: because it is the worst game of all time
(08:57 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: she has not had a meal of her life since the beginning of history
(08:58 / Observers) TIMG4STRok: i think it is because of me
(09:04 / All) BEAR_AND: how do you feel about all these years of horrible defeat
(09:13 / All) BEAR_AND: i am almost invincible

i stripped out the most egregious hate speech from the training data but some classic racism still makes it through:

quote:

(01:07 / All) BEAR_AND: moon is out
(01:17 / All) kantamania: no moon
(01:24 / All) BEAR_AND: why is your moon so bad?
(01:29 / All) kantamania: it is in moon phase
(01:37 / All) BEAR_AND: why is moon so bad
(01:40 / All) TheNumber1-B: your moon awful.
(01:48 / All) BEAR_AND: good q
(02:13 / All) BEAR_AND: you're being black
(02:20 / All) kantamania: that's a good thing
(02:23 / All) kantamania: it lets me be black without embarrassing myself
(02:25 / All) BEAR_AND: your whole persona is a joke
(02:38 / All) kantamania: it's actually really good
(02:42 / All) TheNumber1-B: its real cool
(02:45 / All) BEAR_AND: its real cool
(02:47 / All) DarkProphet: i'm black because its actually cool lol

as mata pointed out this is a basically believable chatlog:

quote:

(00:03 / Allies) Mata.: we need some gold for a staff
(00:05 / Allies) Mata.: please
(00:07 / Allies) Mata.: buy another staff
(00:12 / Allies) Mata.: o
(00:44 / Allies) Mata.: i need more wood for a staff
(01:00 / Allies) Mata.: i need orc gold i think
(01:01 / Allies) Mata.: or gold
(01:07 / Allies) Mata.: for my staff
(01:11 / Allies) Mata.: or wood
(01:12 / Allies) Mata.: i don't even know
(01:15 / Allies) Mata.: or orc, w/e
(01:17 / Allies) Mata.: for orc
(01:25 / Allies) Mata.: if they got orc
(01:26 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(01:26 / Allies) Mata.: to wood
(01:28 / Allies) Mata.: we need more wood
(02:22 / Allies) Mata.: that is the main thing i need
(02:32 / Allies) Mata.: if i get 2 orc
(02:33 / Allies) Mata.: we need a whole tower
(01:39 / Allies) Mata.: gold me or wood you gently caress
(12:40 / Allies) Mata.: wood me, wood me
(12:41 / Allies) Mata.: i got 2 orc so wood me
(12:55 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(13:17 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(13:50 / Allies) Mata.: do they have orc or warchild now
(14:27 / Allies) Mata.: oj got orc so wood me
(15:19 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(15:31 / Allies) Mata.: what this
(15:32 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(15:32 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(16:03 / Allies) Mata.: that's nice
(16:09 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(16:10 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(16:17 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(16:17 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(16:22 / Allies) Mata.: that's cool
(16:47 / Allies) Mata.: wood me and wood me
(16:50 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(16:51 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(17:03 / Allies) Mata.: we got 2 trees
(17:04 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(17:04 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(17:05 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(17:06 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(17:07 / Allies) Mata.: wood me
(17:08 / Allies) Mata.: wood me

and here are some more ones that i like:

quote:

(28:15 / All) BEAR_AND: how old are you
(28:16 / All) BEAR_AND: 26
(28:18 / All) BEAR_AND: please
(28:21 / All) iggy_the_fisk: do you have 26
(28:22 / All) BEAR_AND: please take our advice
(28:25 / All) iggy_the_fisk: Is 0 god
(28:26 / All) BEAR_AND: consider you's father
(28:28 / All) BEAR_AND: "How did you get up there"
(29:09 / All) BEAR_AND: how old are you, 28
(29:16 / All) BEAR_AND: please take our advice here
(29:19 / All) BEAR_AND: http։//highper․ch
(29:27 / All) iggy_the_fisk: How did you get up there
(29:30 / All) BEAR_AND: BY CLICKING FILTH

quote:

(30:19 / All) timg4strok: bwahahahhahahahhaahuva
(30:24 / All) MightySwarm: how can you win
(30:26 / All) nutsonyochin.de: hope you enjoy mass tp's
(32:02 / All) timg4strok: 350g orange
(32:03 / All) nutsonyochin.de: have 200 lum
(32:08 / All) MightySwarm: are u watching
(32:12 / All) mcnastyzzz: whats the matter???
(32:13 / All) mcnastyzzz: why are you playing at home
(32:15 / All) nutsonyochin.de: we are playing
(32:17 / All) nutsonyochin.de: the best game ever
(32:20 / All) nutsonyochin.de:...................
(32:39 / All) MightySwarm: lol you're losing
(32:48 / All) nutsonyochin.de: dont fiend
(32:51 / All) nutsonyochin.de: stfu towerboy
(32:52 / All) mcnastyzzz: stfu trash
(32:56 / All) MightySwarm: me ?
(32:58 / All) mcnastyzzz: stfu rage
(33:05 / All) nutsonyochin.de: stfu retard
(33:08 / All) mcnastyzzz: :(
(33:27 / All) nutsonyochin.de: if u want real league i play in cgm
(33:32 / All) mcnastyzzz: 100 apm si
(33:42 / All) FriendlyTyler: that not so good.
(33:52 / All) mcnastyzzz: ahahaahahah
(33:53 / All) mcnastyzzz: noob
(33:58 / All) timg4strok: 0 rush
(34:08 / All) timg4strok: can you kill 5000 towers???
(34:14 / All) FriendlyTyler: lzD
(34:16 / All) timg4strok: can you kill 4000 towers???
(34:19 / All) mcnastyzzz: no

quote:

(47:12 / All) TALONSAREIMBA: why did you make 3 towers
(47:20 / Allies) Mata.: they probably had something
(47:23 / All) Seris: yeah like the ones we saw in singleplayer
(47:25 / All) Mata.: they had been modified to not stop tower spam
(47:27 / All) TIMG4STRok: good luck figure it out!
(47:29 / Allies) TALONSAREIMBA: i want you to find out how you can kill the gargafloat in single player
(47:33 / All) Mata.: try it out!
(47:34 / All) Seris: u can always go down and tell me what i just did.
(47:34 / All) Seris: smerb is weird
(47:36 / All) iggy_the_fisk: interesting drug abuse
(47:43 / All) TIMG4STRok: nah the funny thing is... were you wondering why the giant bat attack damage not even killing the Gargoyle?
(47:47 / All) TALONSAREIMBA: bats don't get higher the Chemical Warfare Game Changers
(48:02 / Allies) Mata.: i think there's some kind of chemical imbalance going on there
(48:05 / Allies) Mata.: that must be frustrating
(48:17 / Allies) Mata.: the gnoll has some kind of chemical imbalance
(48:18 / Allies) Mata.: well i was giving him head
(49:11 / All) TALONSAREIMBA: Huh
(49:13 / All) Mata.: what the gently caress that creepy
(49:16 / All) Seris: not that interesting
(49:23 / All) Mata.: there's no such thing as highly human sentience
(49:28 / All) TIMG4STRok: did you know that telekinesis cannot be demonstrated?
(49:31 / All) TIMG4STRok: via brain
(49:35 / All) Mata.: there are a million other things we can do
(49:37 / All) TIMG4STRok: i can't tell u how many times we've done this
(49:37 / All) Seris: thousand?
(49:37 / All) TIMG4STRok: and we've only ever won once
(49:38 / All) Mata.: hundred
(49:39 / All) TIMG4STRok: nope
(49:56 / All) TIMG4STRok: strange chemical imbalance
(49:57 / All) Seris: hundred is an awful lot
(49:58 / All) Seris: probably not a thermometer
(49:59 / All) Mata.: yes, one might want one
(50:01 / All) TIMG4STRok: really
(50:02 / All) TALONSAREIMBA: whats water

quote:

(10:34 / All) Mata.: we'll have to defeat towers...
(10:37 / All) SyLink: towers
(10:37 / All) timg4strok: in 4v4
(10:37 / All) timg4strok: way
(10:38 / All) SyLink: ugh
(10:39 / All) timg4strok: lmao
(10:48 / All) Blinn: so u think you can beat me........................................... with towers?
(10:52 / All) timg4strok: m
(10:52 / All) timg4strok: how
(10:58 / All) Blinn: "try" the game now
(11:02 / All) SyLink: gg
(11:07 / All) timg4strok: gg
(11:11 / All) Mata.: gg

quote:

(19:56 / All) BEAR_AND: Noob?
(20:02 / All) nickseitzer: You talked poo poo to garbage =-)
(20:04 / All) BEAR_AND: and killed 3 towers?
(20:05 / All) nickseitzer: and why not
(20:15 / All) BEAR_AND: building!
(20:22 / All) BEAR_AND: garbage!
(20:34 / All) BEAR_AND: garbage & dirt!
(20:37 / All) BEAR_AND: get out
(20:42 / All) BEAR_AND: leaf that leaf that
(20:46 / All) BEAR_AND: that leaf that leaf that leaf that leaf that leaf...
(21:06 / All) BEAR_AND: not gonna happen
(21:07 / All) BEAR_AND: http։//highper․ch
(21:29 / All) BEAR_AND: leave my presence

quote:

(37:08 / All) poopamania: why can't you kill towers
(37:14 / All) BEAR_AND: they don't even move

quote:

(38:45 / Allies) BEAR_AND: i'm not paying attention
(38:48 / Allies) DirtMcGirt: ok
(38:49 / Allies) BEAR_AND: we need to break 1000 towers
(38:58 / Allies) DirtMcGirt: ok i would tech if i got lots of boots
(39:11 / Allies) BEAR_AND: do i want dott pizza or do i want boots
(39:15 / Allies) BEAR_AND: pizza fucker
(39:21 / Allies) BEAR_AND: do i want boots or zep
(39:33 / Allies) DirtMcGirt: do i want boots or boots
(39:34 / Allies) BEAR_AND: gently caress
(39:36 / Allies) DirtMcGirt: its close
(39:44 / Allies) BEAR_AND: what
(39:47 / Allies) DirtMcGirt: we gotta get my items
(39:52 / Allies) BEAR_AND: do i want boots or boots

quote:

(47:22 / All) BEAR_AND: what would you say is the case with ur cousin
(47:27 / All) BEAR_AND: who plays with his cousin??? i dont think he likes to be called fat cousin
(47:36 / All) bLinn: what do you call a fat cousin???
(47:39 / Allies) BEAR_AND: i always mean "face"
(47:42 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: that's us
(47:43 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: always from the brother
(47:49 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: haha no
(47:55 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: it was the cousin guy
(48:30 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: did his cousin ever die
(48:31 / Allies) BEAR_AND: he did
(48:33 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: in the hospital
(48:36 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: that's like a month
(48:37 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: he is
(48:39 / Allies) BEAR_AND: actually he's grown and a bit big brother
(48:49 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: too
(48:59 / Allies) BEAR_AND: hahh he is
(49:04 / Allies) BEAR_AND: in the corner
(49:07 / Allies) BEAR_AND: you can tell
(49:10 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: in the corner and big brother
(49:22 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: the one who lives over there, is triage
(49:33 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: triage is about getting fit back up quickly
(49:41 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: and knowing when it's over
(49:47 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: i have a call
(49:48 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: to triage my arm
(50:00 / Allies) BEAR_AND: tt
(50:07 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: my cousin died in hospital
(50:13 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: on ventilator
(50:15 / Allies) BEAR_AND: no, he was in the operating room
(50:16 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: who is triage
(50:32 / Allies) BEAR_AND: what is he
(50:35 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: me
(50:36 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: ventilator
(51:16 / Allies) BEAR_AND: t's like suicide
(51:20 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: he got a heart attack and has to stay at school
(51:24 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: yeah
(51:29 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: yeah that
(51:40 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: he goes to college
(51:45 / Allies) BEAR_AND: but he's probably going to a high school
(51:49 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: yeah
(51:52 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: got that semester in life in the back of your mind
(51:55 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: if it was up in a minute
(51:57 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: we could talk
(52:03 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: i love it when they call me triage
(52:16 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: triage like 3 you know
(52:36 / Allies) dirtmcwordup: they call me Jabba, Big, K., Big, K., Jabba the Hutt, Numb, Big Foot, Big Foot Numb, Bitch, Knocks, Girl on Girl, Man on Man
(52:41 / Allies) BEAR_AND: i think its time yellow went to the doctor

quote:

(25:40 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave
(25:41 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: if you don't want to lose this game, buy a TOWER SHIRT!!
(25:42 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave
(25:46 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: this is what i call "the COSmidean poo poo siege"
(25:49 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave noob
(25:50 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: leave
(25:52 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: leave
(25:53 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: leave
(25:54 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave
(25:55 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave
(25:56 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: leave noob
(26:01 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: what a noob loving blizzard
(26:03 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave noob noob
(26:03 / All) mYLIegeCyrus: lmormo
(26:05 / All) TIMG4STRok: leave noob noobblizz

quote:

(23:14 / All) Mata.: bye guys
(23:16 / Allies) TIMG4STRok: what the gently caress is this game
(23:20 / Allies) Mata.: you guys have to learn how to win with all bases
(23:27 / Allies) TIMG4STRok: it's like that game
(23:45 / Allies) TIMG4STRok: it's like
(23:49 / All) Mata.: this game
(23:50 / All) Mata.: you guys are such a pain in the rear end i guess
(24:00 / All) Mata.: i mean you guys are so loving awful
(24:27 / All) Mata.: this game you guys would be dead
(24:28 / Allies) Mata.: i know what i'm talking about
(24:34 / Allies) Mata.: this is such a serious manner game
(24:44 / Allies) Mata.: you're terrible for noob tactics
(24:45 / Allies) Mata.: yeah this is noob.
(26:02 / Allies) Mata.: u know when
(26:09 / Allies) Mata.: you win when u are horrible
(26:15 / All) Mata.: hey
(26:17 / All) Mata.: nice
(33:21 / Allies) Mata.: yeah this is bad manners.
(33:24 / All) Mata.: if you are bad
(33:48 / Allies) Mata.: you are also awful at
(34:02 / Allies) Mata.: that's how you like it
(34:20 / All) Mata.: we win it
(35:32 / Allies) Mata.: we have to beat towers
(35:32 / All) Mata.: how do you think you are
(35:34 / Allies) Mata.: you guys're no good at all
(35:46 / All) Mata.: bye
(36:23 / Allies) Mata.: bye
(36:54 / Allies) Mata.: good
(37:17 / Allies) Mata.: we get lucky
(37:57 / Allies) Mata.: no good team
(38:14 / All) TIMG4STRok: bye
(38:21 / All) TIMG4STRok: bye
(39:18 / Allies) Mata.: bye
(40:26 / All) Mata.: bye
(40:27 / All) Mata.: bye
(40:28 / All) Mata.: bye
(40:29 / All) Mata.: bye
(40:38 / All) TIMG4STRok: yep
(40:42 / Allies) Mata.: bye bye
(41:24 / All) Mata.: bye
(41:38 / All) Mata.: you were so bad you made an army

check out "mata"'s realistic switch to ally chat for the look-at-the-camera moment:

quote:

(44:08 / Allies) Mata.: heres the reason why you haven't lost this game
(44:30 / Allies) Mata.: i like a bad noob like i have
(44:41 / Allies) Mata.: to be bad imho
(44:52 / Allies) Mata.: we lose our heroes
(44:59 / Allies) Mata.: u know that
(45:03 / All) Mata.: bye u noob
(45:04 / All) TIMG4STRok: whoa you guys are idiots
(45:06 / All) Mata.: noob
(45:08 / All) Mata.: we suck
(45:17 / Allies) Mata.: not really
(45:20 / Allies) Mata.: we win this game

(45:26 / All) Mata.: bye
(45:30 / All) Mata.: if u lose to towers
(45:36 / Allies) Mata.: i know. we lose at least once every game[/b]
(45:40 / All) Mata.: we suck
(45:42 / All) TIMG4STRok: nice. that's it
(45:46 / Allies) Mata.: just make more towers.
(45:52 / All) TIMG4STRok: bye for good luck
(46:10 / All) TIMG4STRok: i need a win.

quote:

(11:40 / All) sPikE[rAiN]: lorde
(11:44 / All) sPikE[rAiN]: i confess to a mental disorder called 'monstrosity player'
(12:04 / All) sPikE[rAiN]: ah wow
(12:06 / All) Mata.: i'm a mental health professional
(12:10 / All) Mata.: you bored
(12:15 / All) timg4strok: 6 hp so i can't tech
(12:20 / All) SoYbOmB: u suck @ this game
(12:22 / All) Mata.: when we play this game you Pretend I HAVES A loving CAR engine

quote:

(00:22 / All) BEAR_AND: hi
(00:31 / All) gtwhatever: hi
(00:39 / All) BEAR_AND: gl
(00:50 / All) gtwhatever: u2
(11:57 / All) BEAR_AND: eheh
(17:25 / All) BEAR_AND: hehhe
(19:49 / All) BEAR_AND: poof
(22:59 / All) BEAR_AND: sorry for that
(23:01 / All) BEAR_AND: bad play by me
(23:07 / All) BEAR_AND: beneath my standards
(24:24 / All) BEAR_AND: lol
(25:30 / All) BEAR_AND: }hahah nice
(25:57 / All) gtwhatever: have you ever won a game with these towers?
(26:04 / All) BEAR_AND: good question...
(26:13 / All) BEAR_AND: let's see if i win this one
(26:17 / All) BEAR_AND: do you think you're going to win>?
(26:47 / All) gtwhatever: I see no reason not to
(26:56 / All) BEAR_AND: ok how's it going to play out?
(27:00 / All) BEAR_AND: you'll kill all my towers?
(27:19 / All) gtwhatever: waita few
(27:22 / All) BEAR_AND: K

quote:

(07:03 / All) BANGLAD: I AM THE KING OF RACES
(07:09 / All) BLKDFW: The King Of Races
(07:13 / All) BANGLAD: It's a terrible game
(07:15 / All) BLKDFW: He is the greatest of all time.
(07:22 / All) BLKDFW: Why?
(07:33 / All) T-W: The game he calls "Raceland" is like a race with more than one race.
(07:33 / All) BLKDFW: This is the King Of Races
(08:02 / All) BLKDFW: He calls it "the World's Best Game."
(08:06 / All) T-W: And you're right.
(08:13 / Allies) BLKDFW: You guys need allies?
(08:34 / All) T-W: All my allies are dead.
(08:35 / All) BANGLAD: You guys really aren't the best, boy.
(08:39 / All) BANGLAD: I'm going to win a lot.
(08:40 / All) BLKDFW: It's just the games where you come up against so many races.
(08:47 / All) BTU: I'm just making sure I win
(08:50 / All) BTU: It's a really good game.
(08:57 / Allies) BTU: I'm not going to stop with that, you dumb kids.
(09:17 / Allies) BLKDFW: No.
(09:21 / Allies) BTU: No.
(09:22 / All) T-W: No.
(09:26 / Allies) BLKDFW: No.
(09:27 / All) BTU: Yes.
(09:28 / Allies) BTU: No.
(09:38 / All) BANGLAD: No., but you probably have other items in order
(09:39 / All) BTU: Yes.
(09:44 / All) BLKDFW: How will I know if any items came in last game?
(09:46 / Allies) BLKDFW: How can we know if none came?
(09:51 / All) BANGLAD: We have a lot of items in order like goldfish and some blueprints.
(10:08 / All) BTU: We have many items.
(10:40 / All) BLKDFW: We have lots of items.
(10:44 / All) BTU: Lots of items.
(11:20 / All) BTU: Lots of items.
(12:32 / All) BLKDFW: You could put a stopwatch on top of the top corner of the corner corner bar.
(12:38 / All) BLKDFW: You could stop what?
(13:07 / Allies) BLKDFW: We have a lot of items.
(13:10 / Allies) BTU: We have thousands.
(13:20 / Allies) BLKDFW: We have thousands, too.
(13:30 / Allies) BLKDFW: They have tons of items.
(13:37 / Allies) BLKDFW: They have lots of items.
(13:50 / All) BTU: Lots of items.
(14:16 / All) BLKDFW: They have lots of items.
(14:25 / Allies) BTU: We have more than a hundred items.
(15:03 / Allies) BLKDFW: We have thousands of items.
(15:13 / All) BTU: More than a thousand.
(15:19 / All) BTU: There are many thousands.
(15:40 / All) BTU: A good many.
(15:39 / All) BTU: A good many
(16:05 / All) BTU: We have thousands of items.
(20:05 / All) BTU: All our items come in.
(20:23 / All) BTU: All our items come in.
(21:07 / All) BTU: We have more than a thousand items.
(21:10 / All) BTU: More than a thousand.
(21:14 / Allies) BTU: We have more than a thousand of our items.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the assets are now all browsable with cascview. happy to report they did not remove towers from the game

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

Where are you getting the files??

from blizzard! cascview can pull files right from the bnet CDN without even logging in

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Eregos posted:

Since unit pathing will actually be fixed, I'm thinking I'll start out trying some team games builds like knight/priest or tauren/caster that benefit a lot from functional pathing. Maybe even some footman, archer or ghoul rushes. But I'm sure some unexpected stuff will be OP and I'll switch to it fairly quick.

what makes you think they're making material changes to pathing? there was that one article where someone said pathing was fluid and more like sc2 in the blizzcon demo, but that guy's a wow player. an actual war3 player/caster (one of the back2warcraft guys) that played the same demo said pathing was identical to vanilla. as far as we know, blizzard is sticking to their claim that reforged will be netcode-identical to vanilla, and both clients can play in the same game. and afaik we haven't gotten any actual gameplay out this weekend's datamining

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

loving classic

we're playing the reforged client (billions of wow noobs) but with hd=0 graphics (no need to modify our connectomes)

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

we got the rest of clan towa to "preorder" and now we're playing full on 4s AT games. but it allows AT vs RT, or i guess more complicated than that since you can queue 4s together as a group of 2 or 3. anyway it's wonderful

so this afternoon we had this sick close game on the dogshit map "Feralas". i mean look at this chat:

we were playing 3s-in-4s, and our pubbie (purple) wasn't happy with us. they got us right down to the edge but some late interventions changed up the landscape. here's the vid

after that we have a less strenuous but totally silly game on market square, with a full 4 stack. check out all these numbers:

there are some fully ridiculous teamfights where our heroes clean out entire 4s armies without losses. they were bad players and that's part of the fun. here's the vid

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

a solid 12 hour day of grinding out the wigs. the only way we can see that the game keeps track of your record is "Achievements.json", and by our estimation we're something like 25-0. the players are so bad that with our rusty towering we have not lost an actual game yet (desyncs don't count)

if it weren't for the manabars, hero levels, and nonstretched widescreen, this could easily be a screenshot we took in 2009:

this was the game of the day - on monsoon, a choketower map, we lose iggy's base to an early rush. can we make it work? don't read the first line of this post if you don't want spoiler

nothing too wild but here's a solid 4s on feralas showcasing Iceberg Slim's triumphant return to war3, playing...undead

in another blatant backstab, here's a pretty easy monsoon where Mata goes undead, but regrets his decision and manages to get a peasant and build a blood mage. lol

iggy posted the chatlog above - this gnoll wood 3s game was easy, but the players got super pissed off when we asked them whether they arrived at war3 via WoW:

at least one of those players also joined my twitch stream to indicate their displeasure:

quote:

happychipmunk: Do you ever get bored of running the same strat every game? same build order?
happychipmunk: I noticed you guys were saying "man there's so many poo poo noobs posting on the forums" you realize there's a tonne of players who haven't touched this game in 10+ years right?
happychipmunk: Like the vast majority of people checking this out aren't try hards running the same strat game after game?
happychipmunk: Just about as boring as spamming towers and playing the same game since 2003
joodat95: are you guys americans or Irish?
happychipmunk: sometimes I build 5 towers in a row and sometimes 6, the amount of variation in this strat is insane!
happychipmunk: I dont know a single build, im 5 games in

also it's super sick to tower the mana fountain in the middle of gnoll wood. infinite juice

to close out our night, here's a 4s on market square that was unfortunately cut short before its prime. this is the bug in question. maybe we'll start learning the reforged graphics now? it's sooo much harder after 15 years of playing classic...

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

clip: having some fun on market square. we did this at least 5 more times until pink quit

clip: mata doubted me. but i showed him

we had more classic graphics only desyncs so we're all on reforged graphics now. takes some getting used to but we're still mining the depths of bnet for noobs

(iggy made no heroes in that game)

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

personally, while i agree the new graphics are not good, i don't give a poo poo because now i can play those classic hd=0 graphics but with an actual playerbase

they do need to fix the hosed up client and backend tho

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Fiskiggy posted:

Yeah okay they handed off development to some mobile game studio and then they in turn made some mobile game graphics, but that's entirely missing the point of Reforged: Arranged Team and Random Team matchmaking is combined now. Which means you can bring a friend and search for 4v4, effectively making it a 2v4 game. Dynamic gametype with excellent results so far.

Edit: Remember to play with classic graphics not just because they're nicer to look at, but also because female death knights are invisible (and unclickable) which adds to the challenge. Tower crews have dwarven infrareds though don't worry!

here's the full game...it's one of those "suspenseful ones". in case you didn't read iggy's post: iggy and blinn take a 2v4 and the other team has invisible death knights

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

nope we’re playing reforged with classic graphics enabled (hd=0 in the prefs file). we still get mana bars, hero levels, and earned exp popups. the reforged beta ladder is entirely separate, though they did promise that the actual classic clients would be on the same ladder as reforged eventually (i’m skeptical).

and yeah the death knight thing is definitely because of the female model, but in the previous patch it worked! classic gfx would see the male model with a female name, but it wouldn’t make sounds. even weirder, classic gfx can see female demon hunters just fine in this patch. pretty weird regression

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

are you enjoying this broken rear end beta, but wish you could read sick rear end chatlogs like these over and over again?

quote:

(37:10 / All) Darterrius: shut the gently caress up you stupid goddamned trolls. rofl. congratulations on turtling a 4v4 map and abusing teleport items.
(37:13 / All) Darterrius has left the game

quote:

(44:43 / All) DireRaven: u guys are fuckin boring cause of people like u no one is playing wc3 anymore...
(44:46 / All) DireRaven has left the game

well, Clan Towa presents: highper.ch

as far as we know it's the only working Reforged replay site in the world! iggy worked behind the scenes and around the clock to build that classic highper.ch functionality you know and love, plus some fresh new unique features to cement highper.ch's position as the #1 tower replay site for another 12 years

by the way you can't actually watch any replays in the game yet. just look at the stats & chats and smile. good luck getting crowns! 👑

to celebrate the launch, check out one of the Reverse Gilderbases we did today (replay)

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

a new patch for the beta!

it’s still pretty messed up (classic graphics desyncs are the most noticeable for us), but at least female death knights are visible and clickable now.

grid keys are now selectable but they break shift-queuing commands. keep using the trusty old customkeys.txt you got from a dota forum in 2006.

they added a Skins system, which currently has default-enabled optional female DK/DH plus four campaign versions of heroes that are Spoils of War only.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

you get a Jaina archmage skin with the deluxe edition

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the latest patch forces reforged graphics - even setting hd=0 in a read-only prefs file isn't enough to bring back my favorite cartoon guys. so we have to swamp through the soup of modern polygons. but that's ok because it's still fun

the new patch enabled a full sized map pool!! here's the list, and here are pics of all of them. we haven't played all of them yet, but there are some weird new ones - banewood bog? furbolg mountain? "Neon City"??? (designed by a guy we thrashed in a well-documented Friends game from the golden age)

immediately apparent in the new map pool is the perchability of 2v2 map "Furbolg Mountain":

hell, in the top left there's a hot meal to reward intrepid mountaineers

the game itself was a bust (we made one enemy quit from a light gork, the other was kind of creepy) but iceberg slim and i did the R&D to show that Furbolg Mountain is eminently perchable:

for vids:
here is a solid fast-click 2v2 tower game on gnoll wood
and here is a fun 3v3 game on a new map vs some sc2 players who do their best to adapt

in summary, we think this beta is going great

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

"Launch Date" is january 28

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

there are plenty of people playing stock tft ladder today dude. format your computer or get troubleshooting

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

no doubt these multiple people on the blizzard forums are all unknowing but symptomatic carriers of a superbug borne from like ReViK'SDriverCleaner and MS.Office.2010.KMS.Clean.XpH

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

Elephunk posted:

You guys have a discord? I'm an old fan with some 1v1 ladder chops and a beta

btw....Yes

https://discord.gg/9nS4aBX

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

check out this 2-minute-long tower dive

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

dr.acula posted:

I wish it ran this smooth for me in a 1v1

it is pretty wild how i can get 100fps@1440p while streaming in the famously terribly-performant pubg while i get..31fps in a team battle in w3:r. they say optimization is coming, but cmon man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the reference is to this part of the Art of Highperching: