Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

It might be because this is my favorite game in the world but I feel like it's aged pretty well. I still think WC3 battle.net is better than SC2.

mannerup posted:

There seems to be a lot of people interested in Warcraft 3 customs in this thread. We should try to set up an event to play custom map roulette to play the best (and the other 95% of mediocre at best) maps.

It's been years since I've played custom maps with a dozen people. Could be fun.

I'm down for this. Dibs on hosting Don't Move Your Tauren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

McSlaughter posted:

I'll be organizing a game night very soon. Keep suggesting maps (and provide download links if you can find them, otherwise I'll try to get them) and what not and I'll post some info probably tonight or tomorrow. (Also join the Steam group.)

We have to play Boreal Conflict, that game owns. I think I have it on my hard drive somewhere but if not I'll try to track it down.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

Feel free to use the server to set up goon Warcraft 3 games or whatever. There are usually random degenerate goons playing DOTA or WoW or SC2 in the server so feel free to join or ignore us!

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

Fiskiggy posted:

As a respected member of the Clan TOWA "Broliance" gaming collective I'm proud to say we're still breaking new ground in this game, albeit slowly. Most recently we've found a way to get around the resource limitations you run in to if a game lasts long enough (and ours do). It's easy to get all the lumber you want by throwing a wisp at a tree and it'll harvest until the end of time. But what about gold? Once all the gold mines have run dry you can sell items, trade with allies, pillage from opponents, but you're still only moving a limited supply of gold back and forth. Our recent discovery, a variation on the classic unit prison technique, is a different story altogether!

Just when I thought you guys couldn't top the Bifocal Double Reverse Gilderbase.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I bought the games again because of this thread and the fact that they were half off.

Aw man, I went to see if Warcraft II BNE was on sale but it isn't. Really want to play through that again.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

SierraNovember posted:

I remember something similar called Life of a Peasant where all the kids would rush to be some a Drug Lord. Still to this day I have no loving idea what you were supposed to go, except it always ended between God and Satan having some Arch-Mage vs Demon Lord war.

That game was really weird. I was some kid going to school and then on the way home a level 9000 ninja would come out of nowhere and kill me.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

General Battuta posted:

You're the captain! Ahoy! Ahoy! I would love to.

Your sound card works perfectly.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

Man, the last thing I thought I'd see in this thread is loving clan towa still towering people 17 years later and building a neural net that will probably be highperching noobs long after we're all dead. I love it.

I'll need to find the old screenshots I have of getting thrashed by you guys in 3v3 RT way back when.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

Not a huge fan of the new icons. Maybe it's nostalgia but I feel like all they did was remove that polished feeling that Samwise was known for. Then again maybe he's gone now, I can't figure out if he retired like Metzen did.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

As said, zepplin poo poo by far. Otoh, if you're new and looking for an easy one to learn, dreadlord sleep + ghoul move command surround looks slick and is effective.

Along the same lines, I vaguely remember Grubby/Tillerman/one of those guys pulling off a hero surround with 4(?) footmen and it being a big deal. My lovely carpal tunnel ridden hands can barely pull off the sleep+ghoul combo.

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

Flayer posted:

Why are like 90% of the new icons duller than the originals? Really don't understand that at all. The old icons are in general considerably brighter and more readable as a result.

The only explanation I can think of is some dickhead in a boardroom demanded the icons be redone for some bullshit corporate reason. (Revamp the Warcraft 3 brand! Build brand engagement with the target demographic! Net an increase in icon click metrics! etc etc). And of course outsourced it to cut costs and make a ridiculous deadline.

Zaphod42 posted:

lord of the clans

Woah that's a blast from the past right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscular Typist
Oct 11, 2004

I was playing Classic TFT against a buddy the other day and still had to do the port forwarding bullshit to host the game. It could be my lovely router though (AT&T 5268ac). I was able to host after forwarding ports 6112-6119 (or the hamfisted approach of just DMZing my machine).