Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp

Welcome to the CAD Mock Thread. Like Tim Buckley, we've rebooted the thread to make way for the new CAD, however terrible it may be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQgHQEMMgOU

For those of you that are just now joining us or checking the thread after a long hiatus: CAD has ended! After a decade of mediocrity, Buckley has decided that he is sick of CAD and wants to do something else. And by something else, I mean more CAD with a new cast of characters and more focus on video game jokes instead of long and drawn out storylines. :v:

:siren:Please respect the safari rules. Look, do not touch. Please do not register on Buckley's forums, harass him, then post pictures of it here. Please do not stalk him or his wife.:siren:

Forum archives upgrade required.

CAD Mock Thread 1

CAD Mock Thread 2

CAD Mock Thread 3

CAD Mock Thread 4

CAD Mock Thread 5

CAD Mock Thread 6

CAD Mock Thread 7

CAD Mock Thread 8

R.I.P. CAD 1.0, 10/23/2002 - 11/23/2012

What is there to say really? What started out as two guys and a melon sitting on a couch shooting the breeze about video games ended with a wacky adventure into a post-apocalyptic future caused by a robot built out of an Xbox and a butter-powered time machine self-destructing and taking the whole timeline with it. Seriously, you couldn't make this poo poo up if you tried. Unless you're Tim Buckley.

Other notable events include:

Loss

The pivotal moment that sent CAD from being a rather mediocre comic to a perpetual comedy trainwreck. Based on a true story.

Her Vows

Ethan and Lilah get married. Their wedding vows are all about World of Warcraft. Also, Ethan's brother Rory is assailed by the Hawaiin mafia and goes to jail for the rest of his life loses his bar. He is never heard from again.

Abbygate

In April of 2010, a new character named Abby was introduced. It didn't take long before someone checked Google Images for "punk girl", and lo and behold the first result was, well...

Original character do not steal.

After being confronted about this apparent art theft, Buckley palette-swapped her outfit and distributed a fresh wave of bans to everyone involved on his forums. Thankfully someone saved the thread about it, which can be read in multiple parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6

But wait! It's not theft when I do it!

Several years ago a high school student used a picture of Ethan for a project, which chapped Tim's rear end. He sent an e-mail to said student threatening him with legal action, because God forbid anyone make fan-art in appreciation for your webcomic. As far as we know, nothing else ever came of this.

Tyler Perry's Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Being the clueless racist that he is, Buckley made a joke about black people being loud in theatres. When the complaints started rolling in, he assured us that he ran the comic by some of his African-American friends before publishing it, and that he wrote several back-up strips just in case people thought it was racist.

"Art" Filler: Link

I don't think I have to even say anything for this one.

All At Once

Having dragged on for months, Buckley's fanbase became restless as the Scott arc continued to march onwards. So Buckley sat down and published the last five comics of the arc all at once to shut them up, then went on vacation.

Game Games Bowl

For Wintereenmas 2012, Buckley decided that he didn't want to draw out the long sequence of events that would come to pass, literally. Instead of a comic, we were greeted with gamegamesbowl.pdf, an atrocious novella banged out in one sitting with no proofreading. Many of us did not read it, though rest assured plenty of stupid and creepy poo poo happened. Most notably, Abby was crowned the new king of Winterneemas.

Strangle

To drive forward that the latest arc was truly grim and dark, Buckley shows us Zeke strangling Flilah to death before Fethan's very eyes. Right after a joke about using math as torture. But don't take my word for it, see it live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60JlM6ZXHc
(See it in action here}

The End

In the weary hours of Friday, November 23rd 2012, a comic entitled "...Will" was posted. The nameless girl shoots Fethan in the head as the time machine goes haywire. Pethan laments how lovely of a person he was and recalls all of the events that lead up to this moment, then proceeds to shut down the time machine. THE END...?

Ctrl+Alt+Delete's successor. We don't know much about it yet aside from the fact it'll revolve around the Players and video games. Buckley has mentioned that the Players have been reworked to actually have personalities and that we won't have stupid story arcs that drag on for five months. Stay tuned to see if he's full of poo poo!

The start of CAD 2.0 is a loving My Little Pony joke with the punchline being violence and "video games aren't like real life". We're braving new terrority for sure here.

Meet Timothy "Ham Hands the Hack" Buckley, the "artist" of Ctrl+Alt+Delete. A lot can be said about the man: he's a supposed pedophile, he likes to cram steaks down his pants, he steals art, he's a massive hypocrite, he's a misogynist with a fancy of shoving women, he steals from charity, and he doesn't think miscarriages are a joke.

Above all, he's been drawing CAD for ten years and somehow got worse.

Watercolours and charcoals? Heh. :smug:

[img] http://i.imgur.com/Abk5K.png[/img]

A religion and holiday that Ethan founded and proclaimed himself king of, revolving around video games. It has a massive global following and a pantheon of "gaming gods" that represent different genres. Became large enough to actually threaten other major religions. It ended up spilling into real life in the form of merchandise and people unironically observing the holiday. Even Ubisoft gave it a shout out. Takes place during the last week of January.

In 2011, Buckley partnered with the developers of Adventure Quest to bring players a Wintereenmas-themed quest line featuring characters from CAD. Yeah. Nighthand bit the bullet and gave it a playthrough, which he documented here: 1, 2

Buckley's now defunct ripoff of PAX. Its participation numbers waned over the years until it petered out in 2011, with no 2012 convention taking place and no 2013 convention in sight.

Also, for some reason Buckley needed $3,500 for Digital Overload 2011 and started a ChipIn donation fund:

This is how much of a poo poo people gave.

CAD - The Annotated Series

Video Game Dudes

SA CAD Mock Tumblr

Another CAD Mock Tumblr :nws:

Buckley's World

*Credit for this OP belongs to LordAndrew :thumbsup:*

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

See their strength; see how easily you fall to their muscle and skill.
deja vu up the wazoo

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress waterhaul for closing it. literally the worst mod.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
CAD, I mock thee.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Came for computer-assisted design. Was disappointed.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

what is even happening in that first one?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

what is even happening in that first one?

Miscarriage.

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

This comic is horse garbage

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Mr. Mallory posted:

gently caress waterhaul for closing it. literally the worst mod.

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

CAD can be mocked in this thread, goons. For more information, see the op.

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009
it's not a true CAD thread without a zany loss.jpg edit in the OP

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

And now we come to our first movement as a thread: trying to find the loss edit for the OP.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Miscarriage.

i guess that one didn't load, i meant the one with the black guy choking the lady out

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Fonzarelli posted:

i guess that one didn't load, i meant the one with the black guy choking the lady out

That's the answer to every comic.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EvMH2RpCI

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Sawboss Jones posted:

For no drat reason. Here comes an effortpost:
I actually looked at CAD for the first time in months (since the CAD thread in BSS was closed), and I get to discover that he made a series of pages where words take up >50% of the drat page. Of course, it's all of similar quality to wordswordsbowl.pdf.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
loving FINALLY.

Seriously when can we actually have the mock threads back, BSS is literally a total non-forum if we can't make fun of people/

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Seriously when can we actually have the mock threads back, BSS is literally a total non-forum if we can't make fun of people/

You're posting in one, my friend. As long as we don't intentionally poo poo this thread up, we can have our cake and eat it too. :shobon:

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Sawboss Jones posted:

You're posting in one, my friend. As long as we don't intentionally poo poo this thread up, we can have our cake and eat it too. :shobon:

yeah, i'd like this to actually become a thread like the old one was. hopefully some of the old edit makers find their way here

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Can it even be called a web-comic anymore if there's more words than comic?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Stopping the CAD mock threads was a huge loss to the forums.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
heres the latest one, but its a little wordy!!!

i didnt read it

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
this one is my favorite in whatever the gently caress hes trying to do here

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Dude, smell the OP.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
mock penny arcade

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Sawboss Jones posted:

Dude, smell the OP.

gently caress, i thought it was banart

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Dongattack posted:

Holy gently caress is that real? He's literally become a parody of himself.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Psh You think that's bad, remember Jack THOMPSON!?

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Tim Buckley posted:

While words can paint a powerful picture on their own, my goal with this format is to use the two mediums in balance.

From his latest newspost.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Mega64 posted:

CAD, I mock thee.

to the last, I strangle thee; from hell's heart I mock at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last [van] at thee.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
How much did he get out of that ebay auction of the loss.jpg comic?

Kallor
Apr 11, 2008

See their strength; see how easily you fall to their muscle and skill.

Dongattack posted:

straight to penguin classic

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
how could we ban threads with pure art such as this

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Sawboss Jones posted:

From his latest newspost.

what a piece of poo poo.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I think Tim also said at some point that he plans to do the reboot in this exact style, drowning the pictures in more and more words. Which is a shame because I really wanted to see an attempt at rebooted 'art' :allears:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Dongattack posted:

I'm not reading any of this.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Phoenixan posted:

I'm not reading any of this.

Good because that's page 21 so you have 20 others to read first mister :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

But I thought he was gonna hire an artist to draw the reboot for him?

Maybe he's experimenting with ways to save money by paying for less art, while also making room for more of his beautiful beautiful words.

• Locked thread