Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

So cool see more goons around town and in guildchat. :shobon: Drone's doing a kick-rear end job with the guild hall deco. Very classy.

Now all that needs to happen is Woad comin' back to move his houses from center of town and things will almost look normal again. Next city rank we get our clone lab back and the week after that, our shuttle -- assuming there are still shuttle slots open at that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Wednesday night, bitches!

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I should also have most of those very furniture specific architect materiala in my stash thats available for goons too

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Oooo this new steel gives BER 13.80 Heavies.

And oooo do I have 2000 wall modules sitting here waiting to go? Why yes it appears I do.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
O yeah and I finally remembered to post here instead of mentioning it in guild chat for once...

I have a house 200m behind south Coronet mall if people wish to place vendors in it. It gets a lot of traffic through my harvesters and forum spamming so it's not a bad little pad to set up shop. One is already in there and two more (I think) are moving in so if you fancy setting up shop then I can add you to the housing admin. I don't care what you sell even if it's bowls of dicks. Only thing I will ask is periodically check on the house status and give it a top up of 10k once a month. I generally keep on top of this but if I bored and forget to play. Don't do this unless you have x4xx merchant though as this template gives -20% on structures you pay into. Everyone really should get this on an alt just to have it to run around paying your harvesters and your house(s).

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've played this before, but how does the emu server handle high pings? I've lost my loving lovely Verizon FIOS due to lovely finances, and now we're wired through hughesnet, which is satelite. I can tether from my phone, but I have an even smaller bandwidth/data cap on the phone than the lovely loving one Hughesnet subjects me to.

My computer doesn't have an optical drive, so if I want to play this again I have to weigh the cost in gigabytes + the playability of the game with an unstable (3g tether) or really high (400-800ms). Does anyone have a feel for this? I'm pretty sure SWG supported dialup back in the day, but I may be misremembering and I really don't want to waste time or bandwidth playing any kind of MMO that wasn't designed with lovely connections in mind, and that excludes most modern games.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Nov 12, 2013

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

hemophilia posted:

I've played this before, but how does the emu server handle high pings? I've lost my loving lovely Verizon FIOS due to lovely finances, and now we're wired through hughesnet, which is satelite. I can tether from my phone, but I have an even smaller bandwidth/data cap on the phone than the lovely loving one Hughesnet subjects me to.

My computer doesn't have an optical drive, so if I want to play this again I have to weigh the cost in gigabytes + the playability of the game with an unstable (3g tether) or really high (400-800ms). Does anyone have a feel for this? I'm pretty sure SWG supported dialup back in the day, but I may be misremembering and I really don't want to waste time or bandwidth playing any kind of MMO that wasn't designed with lovely connections in mind, and that precludes most modern games.

You could play it on dialup back in the day, but with the stability of the emu, anything combat is likely going to be nigh-undoable. You may be able to craft, but you won't be able to run crafting macros.

Also Tai, I may just take you up on that in the next week or two.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Sadly, SWG is probably one of the least bad-connection-tolerant games I've ever come across. One thing especially that's flat-out infuriating is that if you lose connection from the game for more than, say, ten seconds, the game will outright kick you from any group you might be in. If you're an ent just hanging around Mos Eisley or something, this might not be so bad, but it's rotten if you're in a solo-group doing mission-running.

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 12, 2013

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It sounds like this probably won't be worth it, but it might be, this is the dumbest/most unanswerable question probably, but how much data is actually sent back and forth between server and client? If it's small, I could still justify playing with the 3g tether, but if it's grossly inefficient, I guess that's the major deal-breaker. I didn't really have any hope it'd be playable with a high ping, but I really do want to believe I can play this slightly more than casually without wrecking my data allowance.

E: my character when I left it was brawler/working into TKA and doing mining/extraction related crafting stuff, I don't remember specifically what it was, but I intended to go crafter in the end, with TKA just being a means to make some cash while being a newbie crafter wasn't profitable.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 12, 2013

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The data isn't anything major on average, the main problem is the big trade hubs which you will have to use at some point and I play catch up there waiting for stuff to load during peak times. This maybe because of my ISP possibly.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Tai I got an email that your delivery has been given to my vendor.

edit: you also better have some harvesters ready for me. I have like 800k of Waigy myself, once I sit down and figure out what I want to max out my fleet I'll let you know.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That crism that spawed Seredith, despite its lovely quality, it supposedly can still make 34-35% stun.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Hey Tai, does your house south of Coronet have crafting stations in? If so, can you toss a waypoint to Dronzi?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tai posted:

That crism that spawed Seredith, despite its lovely quality, it supposedly can still make 34-35% stun.

I'll have to look into it. I figured it would be pretty good even if that sounds like triple stun layers. It's still better than trying to buy the old crism ore...because you basically can't and it would be retardedly, prohibitively expensive.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Drone posted:

Hey Tai, does your house south of Coronet have crafting stations in? If so, can you toss a waypoint to Dronzi?

Nope it doesn't. Welcome to drop one in there. Not overly bothered.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Seems that the login server is back up, if you were waiting for it. That is, if the emu forums are to be believed.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Yo Annders, if you're still about, your crafting house near the Mantina just went condemned -- juuust in case you're interested in putting creds in.

Also, GT expanded and we now have our cloner back!

Digging on being able to place some decorations outside now.

Edit again: Just looked in on the Publish 5 Checklist and am furiously :flashfap: about all the pet-related work going on.

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 14, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Ok I'm back! Get me invite privs and put my name back in the OP!

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

OP has been updated with more inviter names and adjusted info re: stat migrates, hooray!

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones
I got more time to play again, feel free to add Navraz Nax to your shitlist.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
If anyone is after that dath carnivore meat (not bad stats) then here is a fat zone /way 1183 -4947. Missions won't hit it but the place is SWARMING with rancor lairs. Theres a flat area around there with crap loads. Emtpy your inventory though, their loot table got added for weapons so lots of junk. Did 1.2M meat in a buff session with plenty of AFK.

EDIT - Another fat zone for meat 1km south of the one I posted above at /way 845 -589

Tai fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 16, 2013

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I managed to get this installed and connected but the control scheme is throwing me badly... is there a way to configure this for WASD movement? Maybe I'm retarded and can't find the giant options menu.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Go to the options menu, Ctrl-O or the wrench icon. In the Controls tab, click the Keymap button. From the dropdown, change to MMORPG Modeless or FPS.

E: its explained a bit more thoroughly in the OP.

Ex2: then if you get things working /tell Woad and i'll get you set up.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 16, 2013

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

gently caress the ROW posted:

I managed to get this installed and connected but the control scheme is throwing me badly... is there a way to configure this for WASD movement? Maybe I'm retarded and can't find the giant options menu.

Uhm its in the options misc controls then you can pick like FPS standart MMO newage MMO etc layouts and also pick your camera and mouse behaviour... not sure EXACTLY where just pm one of the guys ingame I'd say.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Natalie_Luna posted:

Uhm its in the options misc controls then you can pick like FPS standart MMO newage MMO etc layouts and also pick your camera and mouse behaviour... not sure EXACTLY where just pm one of the guys ingame I'd say.

This is bar none the most clear and concise instruction I've ever read in the English language.

But yeah, Ctrl+O for Options, then go to "Controls", click "Keybinding" and set your options to "MMO Modeless." Also, the OP.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Drone, I had an idea for you, since aparrently you're the one redecorating the guild hall all nice and spangly: If you're crafting everything that goes in there, put five spaces(like, hit spacebar five times) in for the name of the item when you craft them, that way they wont have a name when you mouseover them. Saves lots of text clutter.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

:derp::frogsiren: *** ATTENTION ALL SPACEGOONS ***:frogsiren::derp:

The ball that done got a'rollin' back in the previous thread has finally reached its majestic final destination, and we have a new Glorious Leader! E'rryone stand the hell up and holla at Unctuous Cretin, the new face of <GS>. It's your ship now, Woad! Congratulations! :woop:

(Thanks for being patient, Unc. :shobon:)

(Also, I'll still be serving as mayor so you guys still see me for city/house related stuff.)

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
KNEEL

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Go to the options menu, Ctrl-O or the wrench icon. In the Controls tab, click the Keymap button. From the dropdown, change to MMORPG Modeless or FPS.

E: its explained a bit more thoroughly in the OP.

Ex2: then if you get things working /tell Woad and i'll get you set up.

Thanks for the help earlier, I knew the mega list of options was somewhere.

Welcome to Star Wars

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Added a link in the Useful Links section of the OP for the sixty-FPS client. If any of you aren't using this thing, you should. :3:

Edit: Also, a fix by Ivojedi on SWGemu's front page:

"(stable)[Changed] Some too fast respawns in or near cities"

AFK-farm while you still can!

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 19, 2013

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Forgot who said they were looking at starting to get shipwright rolling...

Noticed you need quite a large amount of resources including silicastic ore. Might want to start leveling it now or at least stock piling till you are ready to grind it because good luck getting harvesters on there if you are late to the spawn. Its the major resource for Architect so everyone and their dog is on it.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Why would anyone do shipwright now? JTL stuff isn't going to be added until after Suncrusher launches.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I know some stuff is craftable...metal panels and whatever. I guess it could be used for decoration at the very least. Maybe they just want to test out what can actually be done right now. It could be said that leveling a mostly unimplemented class at this point is a waste of time, but to be honest, playing everything pre-Suncrusher is ultimately a massive (but fun) waste of time. From that perspective, we do get ten characters to gently caress about with, so why not?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Drone posted:

Why would anyone do shipwright now? JTL stuff isn't going to be added until after Suncrusher launches.

That strikes me as odd. Wouldn't they want to include something as drastic as JTL in the test server that they know is going to be wiped?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

SumYungGui posted:

That strikes me as odd. Wouldn't they want to include something as drastic as JTL in the test server that they know is going to be wiped?

I think it's more that JTL is an "if", as in "if it gets done, it will be post suncrusher at a minimum". I'm sure there would be a test server for it.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
JTL is getting added before suncrusher supposedly. The only reason why I mentioned it is due to the ore fields always being whored (hello!) by architects.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
This sullustan just falls into these situatiosn without any moving around or having to line up shots, it's amazing.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Did pet ai get added yet? I was into this until I maxed my rifleman, then got bored and just want to run around with animal friends.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Nope, not in till next publish so a few months yet going my recent publish speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Well, guess I will play in 5 months or so.

• Locked thread