Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
We'll also give you endless amounts of poo poo for your character name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I already started.

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal
Hey woad, my buddy's name is "Nauximann Prohibities". We're in goon town waiting on dat invite mane. Other one is "Zeky Chex"

Chemical_Ali fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 6, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
RestInPeace PimpC and RestInPeace PimpC's friends are in.

Corzi/Corzen now has inviter privs, if you could add him to the list.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Corzi/Corzen now has inviter privs, if you could add him to the list.

Done.

Mr Spreebald
Aug 26, 2006

Say no to the Combat Upgrade and NGE
In as MrSpreebald. Not sure if I'm ever going to leave the Mantina

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Mr Spreebald posted:

In as MrSpreebald. Not sure if I'm ever going to leave the Mantina

That's certainly an appropriate avatar.

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012
We've been seeing some heavy traffic in town lately and swoops are flying off of the vendor. They are selling quick enough that I may have a difficult time keeping up with demand if it stays as high as it has been the last week. If any of you miners have large amounts of junk metals with a good (800)+ SR I will gladly turn it into swoops for you to throw on your vendor(s). Selling them at 8k each will earn you 1cpu on otherwise grind quality resources.

Here is the schematic: http://www.galaxyharvester.net/schematics.py/vehicle_civilian_speeder_bike_swoop

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's actually a spawn of really good duralloy steel out for that right now.
http://galaxyharvester.net/resource.py/14/jiquibritic
I dropped ten harvesters on it, should have a few million units.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
I made a Steam community group for us if anyone is interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/themantina

The Steam overlay seems to work with the emu client. Just let me know your Steam name and I'll add you.

Adding a shortcut to a non-Steam game
Launch Steam.
Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library. (SWGemu.exe)
Click Add Selected Programs

Launch the emu from Steam. Now you have the overlay! (works with multiple instances)

Edit: Bug me about it in-game. Corzen/Corzi/Zadya/Corzin
Edit2: Bug our Glorious Leader Woad/Ciearn/Trani, as well.

Corzen fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 10, 2013

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Razor Craze posted:

Right on. Here I am.

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Sponsored a goon-friendly non-goon. In-game name is Drayov.

CardiacArrest
May 7, 2013
Ah I stumbled into the Goon city by coincidence last night and it was really convenient. I Will try to catch some of the people that can invite later tonight in Euro time for my awesomely sexy Trandoshan Cardiax Arrest.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

CardiacArrest posted:

Ah I stumbled into the Goon city by coincidence last night and it was really convenient. I Will try to catch some of the people that can invite later tonight in Euro time for my awesomely sexy Trandoshan Cardiax Arrest.

You have been randomly selected for additional TSA screening.

Your post history and regdate set off the random selection process.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
For the record, he got an invite, but no one is allowed to trust him.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Cool, third post in a row.

:siren:WE NEED 9 MORE CITIZENS IN GOONTOWN BY ROUGHLY 3:30 PM EST WEDNESDAY:siren:

If any of you have been dragging your feet about placing a house, now is the time to do it. We need 85 to rank up to Metropolis and currently have 76. I will be around tomorrow and Wednesday to help facilitate this however possible. As usual, we will happily take more than the 9 needed in case of any surprise condemned houses popping. This isn't a "lose the shuttle" situation or anything, but this will get us that last radius upgrade and prevent creepy pubbies from moving in.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

The upgrade to metropolis is something cool to have. If we get it, awesome, but I don't expect us to hold it consistently since 85 citizens at bare minimum has been too much for us to maintain in the past.

Also, I saw that we have at least a couple pubbies already moved right up on our borders, so we'll definitely have some non-goon citizens this time around if GT does expand. Watch the voting station.

That said, if we actually do hit metro, no one without a <GS> tag should be granted zoning rights, not unless you're drat sure it's actually a goon alt (via a mandatory confirming post in this thread), and even then, you guys with militia need to make sure you revoke zoning after the house is placed down (which you should always be doing anyway).

CardiacArrest
May 7, 2013

Unctuous Cretin posted:

For the record, he got an invite, but no one is allowed to trust him.

Aww, my free candy is totally legit. I need to find a house with a basement...

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

CardiacArrest posted:

Aww, my free candy is totally legit. I need to find a house with a basement...

Be sure to put it down next to Uncle Touchy's Playhouse.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Razor Craze posted:

BTW added this to the OP.

Goons :getin:

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 10, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Unctuous Cretin posted:

:siren:WE NEED 9 MORE CITIZENS IN GOONTOWN BY ROUGHLY 3:30 PM EST WEDNESDAY:siren:

The Ilgoonminati met and made the decision: gently caress it. If we hit Metropolis, cool. If not, whatever; at least we still have RestInPeace PimpC.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Good Lord I forgot how unweildy the default controls were for this game. I'm trying out the other control schemes but so far it's still been fun.

In as Inimicul Poastmore and Denanzon Terriblepoaster. Give me some time to figure this poo poo out againa nd I'll make my way to GT.

I've tried to make a sampling macro for my artisan guy but nothing I try seems to keep him from going AFK. Advice?

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012
Uncheck the auto-afk box in the options.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Inimicul posted:

In as Inimicul Poastmore and Denanzon Terriblepoaster. Give me some time to figure this poo poo out againa nd I'll make my way to GT.

Make your third alt Poaster McPoasterson or else.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I don't usually like to use surnames in games. It's odd to have to take one. I was going to make my 3rd alt Chester Sexoffender (assuming it made it past filters) but I like your idea more.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I don't want to ruin a good thing, but just so you know, surnames are optional.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
:cripes:

In other news, I was a rifleman on live. I decided to try something new on here so I went with carbine. Now I read that carbineer is not very good. Anyone able to elaborate on that?

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Inimicul posted:

:cripes:

In other news, I was a rifleman on live. I decided to try something new on here so I went with carbine. Now I read that carbineer is not very good. Anyone able to elaborate on that?

Well, I guess it sucked on live so it sucks on the emu too. I found some guide just now and it reels off a few weaknesses:

Very high HAM costs.
Slowest of the 3 Ranged classes.
Damage types available (energy, acid and heat) are common and highly resisted. Many high-end targets are immune to these damage types.
State effects are not applied to high-end mobs removing any distinction or contribution to high-end content.
Very weak in high-end content.
Low defenses. Among the worst of the elite combat classes.
Main defensive skill, Counterattack, is broken. It does not "trigger" often and does not "counter" the attack.
Very poor PvP performance because of low damage, slow speed, high HAM, and easily resisted damage types.

Have you tried Pistoleer? I've been finding it pretty drat fun and I wish I had played one in live.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Hmmm. Guess it's good I only wasted 50cr on this DH17 then. Pistoleer it is!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Which also sucks in high PvE

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

I'm on break again so I'm thinking I'm going to make a not-so-glorious return now, since this next semester won't be such a rubbish one. I'm Ryl'ari/Tellus/Eon-Elem in game.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Oni Elem posted:

I'm Ryl'ari/Tellus/Eon-Elem in game.

Purely for the fact that you did this I love you.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

We have a garage again -- it's behind the guild hall, about a stone's throw from the Mantina. It won't be cheap to use it (not as cheap as just buying a new vehicle), but you goons who are made of spacecash won't care about the expense anyway, and maybe now Turpo won't constantly have to be on bike-crafting duty. Anyway, the drat thing tacks on 20k to our weekly city bill, so use it or lose it.

Also, adjusted taxes. People got all :qq: over sales tax even being a thing now, so it's now at zero. That's right, no sales tax. You OCD people no longer have to waste your time trying to find the right numbers so your pricings come out to all zeroes at the end or whatever.

Income tax has increased from 500 weekly to 2000 weekly. Property tax hasn't been re-adjusted this time around, but probably will be soon.

All this is subject to change at any time as we work out how to get GT's bills paid for every week without having to depend so much on donations to keep the coffers well-funded.

That is all.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I liked the sales tax, let me feel goony patriotism as my armor sold.

How much would a 50 credit fee on the shuttle make per week?

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Shuttle will stay at zero extra fee for now. I want pubbies at the terminals to have that immediate incentive to pick GoonTown over others (because we're one of the few cities to not hike the travel fee).

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
How much money came from the sales tax? I think the spergs can suck it up on not having pretty zeroes. Nobody cares if they're paying 10,100 credits over 10,000 credits.

I do want to ask for a squad leader NPC though. They apparently only exist on Naboo, Tatooine, Rori and Talus. Pretty doubtful I'll be getting player training for squad leader.

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012
I banned some jackass from the med center and some of you were wondering what he was carrying on about. It's not shown in the picture but the email subject was "not happy" and that is how I was able to determine that he must have been a grumpster. It's really pretty tame, but here's the mail reply and the subsequent tells:

Edit: Everyone needs a stetson for gang tardoffs now. Sorry if that's not your first choice but I had to think on the fly.

turp-o-matic fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 13, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
My sister-in-law is 19. That's how the retards kids handle online discourse these days.

E: Here is what he was dealing with.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 13, 2013

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

What a dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

Unctuous Cretin posted:

My sister-in-law is 19. That's how the retards kids handle online discourse these days.

E: Here is what he was dealing with.

Can someone explain to me why so many people found the events or comments in that thread funny? It all seems to read like bad baiting by simpletons.

• Locked thread