Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I've got one more week of traveling for work and then I'll be back to playing all the time like a degenerate! Cant wait fo see some new faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
And it looks like the server is back up

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Maybe we all should move to Cybertron seeking refuge, then stage a coup. Then we'll be the Transformer Kings.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
For the record, I checked before the merge started and GT had about 450k in the treasury. I'm guessing that should be enough to cover the elevated taxes when it came back, and if not, one of the admins on the forums said there will still be time before stuff starts decaying. Most likely unintentional.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
At least with inactive and well behaved recently so its unlikely anyone will come gently caress with us.

Unless someone has been pissing off all the server's architects loaded down with deeds and tears.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

If I quit, my whole guild will follow!!!!!!!!!

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
It's crashed 3 or 4 times on me since we turned it into Goonshantytown, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
It's back now

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
City Halls from long ago had faulty coding in regards to their maintenance. When the new publish activated maintenance, all the city halls from Pub 2 or 3 turned out to have 0 durability and immediately decayed, taking all the cities with it. Goontown was lucky enough to be one of these places.

Now we're in the process of trying to climb back up the city level ladder.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
The old one is majority people who don't play, so thst is probably a good idea.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Someone tell me more about clothing and armor attachments. I'm really getting to the point where skill boxes and being completed and I can afford some extras. I never did much enough with them to know.

Specifically, is there a way to shop for them without digging through piles of them to see what they do?

Are they a permanent thing or can I retrieve or replace them?

Where do I find out what the caps and maximums are?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Wednesday night, bitches!

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Ok I'm back! Get me invite privs and put my name back in the OP!

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Go to the options menu, Ctrl-O or the wrench icon. In the Controls tab, click the Keymap button. From the dropdown, change to MMORPG Modeless or FPS.

E: its explained a bit more thoroughly in the OP.

Ex2: then if you get things working /tell Woad and i'll get you set up.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 16, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
KNEEL

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Last night the shuttle count dropped to 18. Feeling optimistic.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Nope. Nevermind. Rori herbivore meat sucks. Unless there's a method for finding it that you are aware of, you're on your own.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Nov 22, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I'll give another go tonight, Tai. poo poo was abyssmal last night.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
60 FPS link go added to the OP after you were having your problems, I think. Give that a look and try it out.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Smoove posted:

Where did you get the mod info? Back when I tried to upload the file into whatever directory it says I couldn't find the file name it stated.

I don't remember if it was you, or someone else had the problem of the client not updating to 60 FPS despite following all the instructions, but just for future reference (and maybe note this in the OP somewhere):

In addition to replacing the swgemu.exe client file and updating user.cfg, you MAY have to edi the swgemu.cfg file to include user.cfg. Mostly likely you will just need to remove a # in front of its line, otherwise just add the following at the bottom:

code:
.include "user.cfg"

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Master Rangers can harvest animal resources head and shoulders above what even 4444 Rangers can.

E: space grammar

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 28, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I want to say its Advion on this page and he edited it out when he got invited.

But that can't be right, because Advion is Advion.

Macro on page 2.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Nov 29, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Once you get yourself acquainted get in touch with someone in the OP and come to Dantooine. We will get you guilded and set you up.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I already started.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
RestInPeace PimpC and RestInPeace PimpC's friends are in.

Corzi/Corzen now has inviter privs, if you could add him to the list.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

CardiacArrest posted:

Ah I stumbled into the Goon city by coincidence last night and it was really convenient. I Will try to catch some of the people that can invite later tonight in Euro time for my awesomely sexy Trandoshan Cardiax Arrest.

You have been randomly selected for additional TSA screening.

Your post history and regdate set off the random selection process.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
For the record, he got an invite, but no one is allowed to trust him.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Cool, third post in a row.

:siren:WE NEED 9 MORE CITIZENS IN GOONTOWN BY ROUGHLY 3:30 PM EST WEDNESDAY:siren:

If any of you have been dragging your feet about placing a house, now is the time to do it. We need 85 to rank up to Metropolis and currently have 76. I will be around tomorrow and Wednesday to help facilitate this however possible. As usual, we will happily take more than the 9 needed in case of any surprise condemned houses popping. This isn't a "lose the shuttle" situation or anything, but this will get us that last radius upgrade and prevent creepy pubbies from moving in.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Unctuous Cretin posted:

:siren:WE NEED 9 MORE CITIZENS IN GOONTOWN BY ROUGHLY 3:30 PM EST WEDNESDAY:siren:

The Ilgoonminati met and made the decision: gently caress it. If we hit Metropolis, cool. If not, whatever; at least we still have RestInPeace PimpC.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I don't want to ruin a good thing, but just so you know, surnames are optional.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
My sister-in-law is 19. That's how the retards kids handle online discourse these days.

E: Here is what he was dealing with.

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 13, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I don't know if it's as magical as all that, but all of that stuff is in except CH which is coming soon.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
He must be lying about playing SOE, right? There's no way this dude is old enough.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Either way, following the standard arc of these things, he'll rage quit when no one understands his art or he'll fade into the nether when no one understands his art.

And Mr. Chubs persists.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Were you hood rats?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Whatever we are doing is working. We've been slammed almost every night for over a week and the sologroup is overflowing.

Botting isn't for everyone, but if you're willing to give a try, some extra doctors and entertainer buffers would be great to have around as back up. If nothing else, there's some real credits to be had. We also need people with high combat levels willing to pad the sologroup to improve payouts.

We also have a ton of vendor space and ridiculous amounts of walkthrough business. If you've got something to sell and want to sell it, now is the time.

We're also starting to work with New Jack city to try bringing them up to a higher standard for a mission circuit and mutual improvement plan. If there's anything you can contribute to that, let Seredith or myself know.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Inimicul, you'd be better off waiting for Novice TKA to try Dantooine.

ElBrak, did you have buffs, armor, or a weapon better than the starting crap? I've been watching for you online, but try to get in touch with someone and we can get you set up.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Thanks!

Unctuous Cretin fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 21, 2013

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Agreed. I have very little sympathy for the "we have put so much time into our ..." argument. You're told right of the gate nothing is permanent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Tai, but he's on holiday until next week or so.

• Locked thread