Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I wonder if the patch is going to gently caress with my Jabba's palace theme park run on my rifleman. I'm halfway through it.

I'm excited for the Imperial theme park though. Go hang out with Darth Vader at the Emperor's Retreat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

There are a few people who do this in Coronet/Theed/Mos Eisley medical centers (I'm one of them, occasionally). The player base is generally very newbie friendly.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Tai posted:

You don't even play nerd

Emphasis on the occasionally.

Like... idk, one night every three months. But hey, free buffs! :v:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

How could you do an OP with no mention of jizz-wailing?

Edit: also, hey Tai, I have 350k of this utsyuve sitting in my inventory on my doctor. I'm not entirely sure I want to sell it yet, but you have any idea roughly of what it's worth? I'd use it for crafting but I have no idea how crafting stuff works when quality matters (tailor 4 life).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drone fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Nov 5, 2013

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'll get a small house and drop one tonight, if I can.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Plastic Pal posted:

My god, well. I just logged in.

Basically Goontown has been Hiroshima'd. poo poo is missing. Like, BIG important poo poo. City Hall- and shuttleport- kind of big.

:wtc:

Edit: Baaaasically we don't have a city at this point.

Did you open up a CSR ticket? I ran into some game-breaking bugs earlier too (can't get buffs because I'm somehow flagged for PvP, can't unflag for PvP because apparently the Imperial recruiter thinks I'm a Rebel despite my thousands of Imperial faction points).

In my experience, CSR's are usually lightning-fast to respond to problems that affect an entire town. The time the GoonHall got locked they had it sorted out in like 5 minutes.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

turp-o-matic posted:

I hope TheAnswer is just cranky due to the last 24 hours.

Nope, he's like this all the time.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Some good tears to be had in this thread: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108290

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

quote:

Our city poofed on the last rollback. We had over 2 million in the city treasury.
I know this is an alpha, but this blow is too much for our guild who were one of the first to build a city, all working together, we have held at rank 5 since we achieved it. I can't see many wanting to continue, especially the mayor who has worked SO hard to keep us all going. Not whining - this is how it is in an alpha, but .... some things are just unfortunate.

How... do we ever... go on.... :negative:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Is Fort Forcekin still around? At least that one was sorta clever.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

quote:

We corrected an issue with this last downtime that we think may have been the cause. Really old city halls had a max condition of zero which we think caused them to be destroyed when the city went to pay maintenance. We've updated all existing ones to have a higher max condition. We're hoping that prevents the issue going forward. As TA said before, there won't be a rollback. Those that already lost cities will need to rebuild.

I can't login right now, but hopefully this doesn't effect GoonTown.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Rename the new PA hall: "TheAnswer for FEMA Director 2014"

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The final word from TheAnswer:

quote:

This had nothing to do with the database. Database updates that were applied with the merge didnt have any problems. The issue was with the code. The issue wasnt detected on nova because of frequent wipes, it only seems to have affected pre-pub 3 or pre-pub 2 city halls/structures. We noticed the issue today after several halls despawned and applied a fix. This is what basilisk exists for. There are no rollback plans at this moment.

So it does make sense, since GoonTown was founded during Pub 2.

I'm going to keep banging on the "wipe Basilisk" drum just because pubbies are terrified of losing all their hard-earned spacecredits and e-honoure.

Drone fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 5, 2013

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Holy poo poo I want to punch like half the people in that thread.

November 2013 is a good vintage for SWGEmu pubbie tears.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Foehammer007 posted:

I'm trying to get back into this game, how do you get rid of the black bar wounds? :stare:

For the top two (red and green) bars, go to a med center and ask for a medic/doctor to wound heal (or pick up Medic yourself and use wound heal packs). For the blue bar, go to a cantina and listen to an entertainer for a minute or two.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Oh and I think (??) one of the Publish 4 features is that your wounds will slowly regenerate if you just sit in a med center and nobody's around to heal you. Not mind wounds though.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Asked this in guild chat the other day but forgot the answer: is it the quality of the crafting station that matters now, or the quality of the crafting tool?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

What'd you do to piss off the pubbie architects?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Tai posted:

I charge something daft like 25% less then they charge and they are all butt hurt. Stupid thing is, I still make more profit then them.

Capitalism :getin:

I parked Looi at the invite terminal, so as soon as Plastic Pal/anyone else with invite powers is around, ping me in IRC and I'll log in. Grant me them invite powers, too.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just spent a little over two hours working on the floorplan and decoration of the GoonHall 2.0. It still has a long way to go, but you can at least start to see things coming together.

I've started cordoning off vendor areas and set up a little donation vendor droid for people to offer cheap grind-quality materials/furniture to the cause, if they want to give to the GoonTown Beautification Fund.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

hemophilia posted:

I've played this before, but how does the emu server handle high pings? I've lost my loving lovely Verizon FIOS due to lovely finances, and now we're wired through hughesnet, which is satelite. I can tether from my phone, but I have an even smaller bandwidth/data cap on the phone than the lovely loving one Hughesnet subjects me to.

My computer doesn't have an optical drive, so if I want to play this again I have to weigh the cost in gigabytes + the playability of the game with an unstable (3g tether) or really high (400-800ms). Does anyone have a feel for this? I'm pretty sure SWG supported dialup back in the day, but I may be misremembering and I really don't want to waste time or bandwidth playing any kind of MMO that wasn't designed with lovely connections in mind, and that precludes most modern games.

You could play it on dialup back in the day, but with the stability of the emu, anything combat is likely going to be nigh-undoable. You may be able to craft, but you won't be able to run crafting macros.

Also Tai, I may just take you up on that in the next week or two.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Hey Tai, does your house south of Coronet have crafting stations in? If so, can you toss a waypoint to Dronzi?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Natalie_Luna posted:

Uhm its in the options misc controls then you can pick like FPS standart MMO newage MMO etc layouts and also pick your camera and mouse behaviour... not sure EXACTLY where just pm one of the guys ingame I'd say.

This is bar none the most clear and concise instruction I've ever read in the English language.

But yeah, Ctrl+O for Options, then go to "Controls", click "Keybinding" and set your options to "MMO Modeless." Also, the OP.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Why would anyone do shipwright now? JTL stuff isn't going to be added until after Suncrusher launches.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I'll have to give the shuttleport ceremony a miss, I've moved to a new apartment and don't have internet access until God Knows When. loving Vodafone.

Phonepostin'.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Mr Spreebald posted:

In as MrSpreebald. Not sure if I'm ever going to leave the Mantina

That's certainly an appropriate avatar.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Holy hell, that City Graul is perfect. Please say he's permanent.

Side note: how did you get your color balance on the screenshots to look alright? Every screenshot I've taken in-game is always really white-washed and grey, like the contrast is off.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Plastic Pal posted:

Edit: Basically, no forgiveness for Sony from me at least. :colbert:

SOE's reputation as being one of the worst MMO producers is fairly well-deserved, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was referring to the game being in some kind of special legal limbo, which may not have been the case for Raven releasing the code for JK2.

Either that, or SOE is just so embarrassed at how utterly bad the spaghetti code was in SWG that they refuse to release it for fear of ridicule. Which is also likely.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

LLCoolJD posted:

There were a bunch of people kneeling in the middle of Coronet. Some were sampling. Was there a rare spawn of good quality materials or is it some sort of griefing/stress testing? It lagged the hell out of that area.

There's always a ton of people sampling in Coronet, it could be a good quality material or it could just be people sampling for grind-quality stuff. I have no idea why you'd want to do it in Coronet though unless it was something super-rare, since the sheer number of people in the city are just begging for a desync.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Plastic Pal posted:

Hey, that see-through windows mod for Naboo houses actually works pretty well.

Whoa.

Now if only there were some way to decorate balconies.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I love it when, of all the other MMOs out there that Goons are well-known in, J4Gs decide to come to SWGemu.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

That's a pretty stellar post history.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Wait, BH stuff is actually in and working? gently caress, now I vaguely wanna get back in on that.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Westy543 posted:

I've found the perfect use for basic camps. Set up after running missions to instantly deploy your bike. :mmmhmm: Crafts in 8 seconds, so it's practically faster than waiting the 15 to take it back out (I'm paranoid and put my pretty colored bike away when doing missions). I usually make a few while I'm getting ent buffed or grabbing missions.

I gotta say, I'm really excited for Droid Engineer's return next publish.

You're probably going through HP like crazy on your bikes this way, then. Each time you summon your bike, it takes some damage, so try to do it as little as possible.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Tide posted:

In theory, couldn't one play this with a halfway decent laptop from like 8 years ago? Would a halfway decent laptop by today's standards, as long as it has a dedicated GPU, play it pretty well?

Considering the game came out 11 years ago, yes.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Davoren posted:

Cool, thanks guys! I just read about the armour piercing on the T21 too, I guess I will aim for rifleman and keep a good pistol around for panic mode. :)

If I remember right, there's some kind of chef food (or smuggler spice?) that you can pop that will dramatically reduce/eliminate your minimum range penalty as a rifleman, for those "oh gently caress" situations.

Could be wrong though.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Iridium posted:

Hey Droney, everyone's FAVORITE teenage furry and codependent little dipshit I desperately wish would just off himself and be done with it just found me on Steam! And he says he REALLY needs to talk to me!

Yay!

:suicide:

How's the town doing tho? Haven't been able to log in for ages. House is probably falling down by now.

He apparently went through my ENTIRE FRIEND'S LIST on Steam and messaged everyone looking frantically for me. I honestly feel incredibly loving weird right now.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I sent Valve a multi-paragraph missive about it. Hopefully they take care of it quickly, since pretty much everyone he's contacted so far in his quest to stalk me has also submitted harassment reports.

So yeah, be on the lookout.

Also I got a new PC and a long weekend coming up, time to reinstall SWGEmu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Complete patchnotes for Publish 5 now up: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131330

Babies can now be tamed, droid deeds can now be crafted (no modules though). Plus a bunch of other cool stuff.

quote:

Pets - The following is the current state of pets:
A non-Creature Handler can have two creature pets stored in their datapad and can have one non-aggressive pet active (max CL 10) at a time
A Creature Handler can store and control creature pets according to their current skill mods
A player can have up to five droids stored in their datapad and one active at a time
A player can have up to three faction pets stored and three active at a time
It should be impossible to trade a pet to someone who cannot control it (or if they are at their max number stored)
Pets can be called/stored in public buildings or outdoors
Droids require power to operate and can be recharged with droid batteries or power droids
Pets can be trained commands
The following commands are currently functional: follow, stay, store, follow other, group, recharge other (power droid only), trick1, trick2, transfer, attack (pets can only attack players for now)
Pets can be named
/tellpet is functional
Tamed babies will grow over time
Pet growth can be arrested if it will grow too large to be trained as a mount
Eligible pets can be trained as a mount
/gallop and /gallopstop are functional
Mounts will slow down when in combat (unless galloping)
Basic attacks can be done while mounted and not galloping (though a mount cannot attack while it has a rider)
Pets can be fed and will be buffed by pet restricted buff food
/emboldenpets and /enragepets are functional
Certain emotes when used with your pet as a target will elicit a reaction
Creature and droid pets will lose vitality upon death (Faction pets die permanently)
Pet owners have an "incapacitation recovery" radial menu option to revive incapacitated pets

Drone fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 18, 2014

• Locked thread