Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Because sometimes you just can't think of a witty subtitle.
http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/comics/manga

What's all this about?
Crunchyroll has managed to take the obvious next step after becoming a powerhouse in simulcasting anime by doing more or less the same thing with manga. Latest chapters will be released in English on their website as they are published in Japan, while subscribers get access to the back catalogue. Sub-only chapters are marked with a crown. Currently, everything available has been published in Japan by either Kodansha, Futabasha or Shounen Gahousha, and hopefully more from other publishers will join (it's been promised that the number of series available will be around the 50 mark by summer). Oh, and they also allow users to upload their own comics, and unsurprisingly they're almost entirely crap. Don't bother.

Subscription?
Yeah, this ain't free. Everyone can read the latest chapter for free (with some adverts), but subscribers get access everything else. Manga subscriptions weigh in at £4/month or your regional equivalent (so, it's $5/month for US folks), and are included in the All Access subscription (still £9/month or $12/month or equivalent). Current Anime subscribers will have to upgrade to All Access to get access (it's similar money to having separate Anime and Manga subs), and people who pay quarterly or annually can pay the difference pro-rata to your renewal date.

Is it available in my country?
As ever, each manga is on a case-by-case basis, although thus far most countries get access to the full range. The Kodanasha titles are not available in some countries, the list of which currently include Japan (duh), Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Morocco, Poland, Switzerland, South Korea, Algeria and Lebanon. As ever, hopefully that list will shrink over time. The Shounen Gahousha titles are not available in Algeria, Lebanon, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Morocco, Poland, and Switzerland (Japan is TBC). The Futabasha titles are available worldwide except for Japan, for obvious reasons.

Can I read on my tablet?
Sure, in addition to the web reader subscribers can use the iOS and Android apps. Do note that there's currently no way to download stuff for offline reading, nor any way to mark chapters as read.

What's available?

Published by Kodansha
Attack on Titan by Hajime Isayama Ch. 46 - 54

quote:

In this post-apocalyptic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.
:neckbeard: Discussion Thread

Mysterious Girlfriend X by Riichi Ueshiba Ch. 0-77, 79 - 84

quote:

Kissing is out, much less anything beyond that. Still, Akira Tsubaki and Mikoto Urabe are boyfriend and girlfriend. The only couple-like thing they do is a daily routine in which Tsubaki tastes Urabe's drool. This is the bizarre, yet utterly sincere story of their love.

Fairy Tail by Hiro Mashima Ch. 334 - 370

quote:

Cute girl wizard Lucy wants to join the Fairy Tail, a club for the most powerful wizards. But instead, her ambitions land her in the clutches of a gang of unsavory pirates le by a devious magician. Her only hope is Natsu, a strange boy she happens to meet on her travels. Natsu’s not your typical hero – he gets motion sickness, eats like a pig, and his best friend is a talking cat. With friends like this, is Lucy better off with her enemies?

Space Brothers by Chuya Koyama Ch. 1 - 224

quote:

The year is 2025, the older brother decides to trust himself just one last time. It’s the start of an adventure that aims for Mars via JAXA in the town of Tsukuba! The official Space Brothers manga is ready to launch! Two brothers looked to the starry skies as children and made a promise. And now, in the year 2025, the younger brother, Hibito, is carrying out his promise. He is an astronaut who has been selected as a crew member for mankind’s first long-term base on the moon. Meanwhile, the older brother, Mutta, has just been fired from his job and is unemployed. A text message from Hibito sends him applying to be an astronaut and shooting for the stars

Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches by Miki Yoshikawa Ch. 1 - 97

quote:

Suzaku High School student and problem kid, Ryu Yamada, is in a bad mood after being chewed out again by the teacher today. As if his day couldn’t get any worse, he falls down the top of the stairs with honor student, Urara Shiraishi! When he comes to, he’s switched bodies with her! Two people who couldn’t be more opposite from each other find themselves running around the school in each other’s bodies!! All from a kiss!!

Coppelion by Tomonori Inoue Ch. 1 - 117, 200 - 209

quote:

2036. Tokyo, ravished by the radioactive contamination caused by an accident at a nuclear power plant, is now in lock-down. "COPPELION", a special unit of the third division of Japan's Ground Self-Defense Forces made up of three high school girls, genetically engineered to be impervious to radioactivity, is sent in to Tokyo; "The City of Death".
:neckbeard: Anime Thread

A Town Where You Live by Kouji Seo Ch. 105 - 261

quote:

It's their first meeting, but they're living together!! Yuzuki, a girl from Tokyo, has moved to the country in order to start high school. But in order to do so, she's living in the home of Haruto, a complete stranger! In other words, she's a freeloader!! Haruto never agreed to have her live there, and all he can think is “How can they suddenly make me live with someone I've never even met before...?” Despite that, Yuzuki makes herself completely at home on the very first day! They start at the same school in spring, along with the girl of Haruto's dreams, Nanami. Looks like this is going to be a pain for Haruto...

As The Gods Will (Second Series) by Muneyuki Kaneshiro and Akeji Fujimura Ch. 1 - 53

quote:

With the appearance of a strange daruma doll, ordinary life crumbles away in an instant. Even so, live on. Survive. This is the story of the “life” bestowed upon all those who have wished to die. Are you beef or chicken? Live, that's the only rule.

Fort of Apocalypse by Yuu Kuraishi and Kazu Inabe Ch. 1 - 29

quote:

Yoshiaki Maeda has been falsely accused and detained, along with delinquents from all over the Kanto region, in the juvenile correctional facility, Shouran Institute. Yoshiaki is as typical as a boy can get, so when he finds himself living in this violence-ridden prison, he can't think of anything worse. His cellmates, Iwakura, Yamanoi, and Yoshioka, are a cunning crew and soon Yoshiaki finds himself pulled into a feud going on in the prison. Then suddenly, a prison van crashes into the facility and what shambles out of the wreckage are flesh-eating zombies… And so the curtain is raised on this bone-chilling story of panic and horror

My Wife is Wagatsuma-san by Yuu Kuraishi and Keishi Nishikida Ch. 1 - 79

quote:

One day, a super-average 2nd-year high school student who wants a girlfriend, Aoshima, suddenly awakens to the ability to time slip. Ten years in the future, he is *gasp* married to the cutest girl in school, Wagatsuma-san! In the present, they are only classmates, so how in the world does he end up with the unobtainable Wagatsuma-san?!

The Seven Deadly Sins by Nakaba Suzuki Ch. 1 - 65

quote:

“The Seven Deadly Sins” is a legendary gang of rebels that was blamed for the overthrow of the kingdom. Even after all these years, the kingdom’s central guards, each of whom is a match for a thousand, the Holy Knights, are hunting down these wanted criminals. But when one young girl appears, with an earnest wish in her heart, and a determination to find “The Seven Deadly Sins”, the world gets turned on its head and an extraordinary adventure begins!

UQ Holder by Ken Akamatsu Ch. 1 - 22

quote:

Tōta Konoe always dreamed of going to the capital. After the mayor of his village told him he could go if he beat Yukihime, Tōta spent his days battling the woman who raised him—a woman who also happens to be a skilled wizardess. But one day, a bounty hunter comes for Yukihime...?

Published by Futabasha
Silver Nina by Itokatsu Ch 1 - 12, 33 - 35

quote:

Shimazaki Shutaro goes back home to the country, after losing his job in Tokyo. To his surprise, when he opens the door to his family home, he finds a beautiful little girl with silver hair and blue eyes. Taking place in a city on a plateau, a tired young man and a beautiful half Japanese girl bring you a story of the slow, calming life in the country!!

Inside Mari by Shuzo Oshimi Ch 1 - 23

quote:

A young man is a shut-in, with nothing to do but kill time. The sole pleasure in his life is following home an angelic high school girl he sees every day in a convenience store. Today, like any other day, he follows her, but…

Love Theory by Masaki Satou & Keiya Mizuno Ch 1 - 17, 35 - 36

quote:

Even if I'm hideous. Even if I'm broke. Even if there's not one iota of sexiness to me. There HAS to be a way for me to snag my ideal woman.

Orange by Ichigo Takano Ch 1 - 4, 9

quote:

"What can I do now to prevent a future without Kakeru?" In the spring of my second year of high school, I received a letter from "myself", ten years in the future. It urged the 16-year-old me to take action so I wouldn't have the same regrets...

Star Light Woman by Rie Kanou Ch 8 - 9

quote:

As more and more witnesses report seeing UFOs, a plain woman named Hoshi is working late at her part-time job. But she has an important secret!

Is This Girl For Real? by Tsutomu Mutsuki Ch 35

quote:

Jun Yoshikawa is a boy with a manga artist for a mom. One night, he gets in a situation with a drunk stranger, Narumi Kawase, and decides to look after her. She becomes a live-in assistant at the Yoshikawa household as Jun takes care of her. This is an age-gap comedy about a pre-thirties, unfortunate beauty with no skills nor a job, and a perfect high schooler who helps out his mom and does the household chores as they live together.

Okitenemuru by Renda Hitori Ch 1 - 2

quote:

Kanata and his friend Tokiji are ordinary teenagers in modern Japan. Mysterious deaths have begun to occur in their city, where the victim's head will transform into an animal face and explode. There are rumors about these strange incidents, but one day it happens at Kanata's school. Kanata is caught up in the incident and gains the special ability to "remove his limiter". This allows him to greatly enhance a single ability of his, but after he uses it, another ability will go out...

Kings Game: Origin by Nobuaki Kanazawa and J-Ta Yamada Ch 1 - 4, 8

quote:

"The King's orders are absolute. Fail to obey, and you will be punished." 30 years ago in the remote Yonaki Village, a black envelope is delivered to a single villager. The command inside threatens to draw the entire population into a terrible tragedy!

ReCollection by Ichigo Takano Ch 1 - 3

quote:

A suspicious man who claims to be God hangs around amnesiac high school teacher Kanade Natsume. Even though "God" is a pest, the divine one says that he'll (He'll?) help Kanade get his memories back. What is it that Kanade has forgotten? Who is this "God", really? Their strange cohabitation begins so Kanade can reclaim his lost "self", dreams, love, past, and all!

Action Mask by Dat Nishiwaki Ch 8

quote:

In order to return people that have turned into monsters from the seed of hatred, our hero in mask have sealed his fist…

Shindo by Akira Saso Ch 1 - 22

quote:

Kazuo, a ronin aiming to get into a distinguished college of music, meets a girl who loves baseball. Her name is Uta Naruse, the piano prodigy who can play Debussy as if it were nothing!

Published by Shonen Gahosha
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru by Masakazu Ishiguro Ch 1 - 42, 108

quote:

Maid tearoom (Not Café) “Seaside“ exists in human sentiment overflowing Maruko shopping district, and it is truly ingenious! Hotori Arashiyama is a troublesome high school girl working as Midol(?) at local Maruko shopping district who has admiration for great detectives.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel by Ark Performance Ch 53

quote:

A mysterious fleet equipped with superweapons, "The Fleet of Fog", appears out of nowhere all over the world. Humanity is helpless against them, and is driven from the oceans. Seventeen years later, Gunzou Chihaya and his friends fight against the Fleet of Fog with the Fog submarine I401, along with the ship's "Mental Model", a human-like personality named Iona.

Spirit Circle by Satoshi Mizukami Ch 20

quote:

Fuuta Okeya is a normal middle school 2nd grade student. It was supposed to be a peaceful middle school life, but is turned upside down by an appearance of a transfer student, Mizukami Satoshi who has a big scar on her forehead.

Sen-Ken Rock by Boichi Ch 1 - 19, 135

quote:

Ken left Japan, pursuing the woman he loves to Korea. However, while she became a policewoman, Ken somehow wound up in a gang, even becoming their boss! The man who came from Japan now rises in Korea.

What's with the gaps?
Idle speculation: they wanted to have the latest chapters up to showcase the simulpubs, and a bunch of initial chapters for new readers, and haven't filled in the gap yet. They're working on it: Fort of Apocalypse has had five chapters added since launch, for example.

Where's the back catalogue for Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan?
Confirmed: they want you to buy the volumes that's currently available, and don't want to cannibalise those sales. At this stage, they almost certainly won't be added.

Does this mean that linking to these via other manga readers are now considered :filez:?
Debatable.

Where's Bleach/One Piece/Naruto/Dragon Ball?
You're probably looking for this thread.

All right, any questions/corrections/moans/etc? Feel free to discuss the service and the manga on it here, although it may be a decent idea to keep the Attack on Titan and Wagatsuma-san talk to their respective threads. Keep dedicated threads active!

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Delusibeta posted:

Does this mean that linking to these via other manga readers are now considered :filez:?
Almost certainly yes.

I don't think this holds water. Viz has WSJ in english, yet everyone still reads the chapters on manga aggregate sites where they come out early. Zorak should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Silento posted:

I don't think this holds water. Viz has WSJ in english, yet everyone still reads the chapters on manga aggregate sites where they come out early. Zorak should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

The important word in the quote is "linking". As a general rule of thumb, people can talk about stuff that leaks early throughout the forum, but they can't link to the leaks. Hell, there's a Usenet thread over in SH/SC, and that's not used for anything other than :filez: these days. ADTRW is AFAIK the only section that still allows links to filez on the condition that the stuff linked is not available legitimately (of which Crunchyroll would qualify) or not licensed for future release.

That doesn't mean people aren't going to continue to pirate and then talk about the stuff they pirated.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 4, 2013

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

People link new chapters in WSJ threads every week. :confused:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Silento posted:

People link new chapters in WSJ threads every week. :confused:

:shrug: Guess the rules aren't universally enforced. For example, scans is discouraged in the Watamote thread (due to getting licensed by Yen Press), and the drat thing's a webcomic. My reading of the rules is as previously mentioned, although I'll accept a Zorak ruling either way. Better safe than probated, imo.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Fairy Tail also has a manga thread

And for what it's worth, the scanlations for the big shonen series seem to always come out way before the legal street release date, so there's actually not an issue there.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I just think that the rules should be applied equally to anime and manga.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I've read through most of My Wife is Wagatsmua-san now on my android tablet, and It basically works fine, but I am having some problems with it:

- Most of the time it's pretty snappy and responsive, but sometimes individual pages get stuck loading forever.
- I get a "sorry, images are not available! Please exit and try again later." error occasionally when I open a chapter.
- The only setting is log out, and when I tap it, it just says "unauthenticated request."

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Heads up: Wagatsuma-san Ch. 45, 46 and 47 are now available, plugging the gap.

[Edit] Double heads up; new simulpub chapters are out:
Yamada-kun Ch 85
Town Where You Live Ch 250
As The Gods Will Ch 41
Wagatsuma-san Ch 68
Seven Deadly Sins Ch 53

Also: UQ Holder Ch. 3 - 10 is out, for thouse of you who are following along at home.

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Nov 6, 2013

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
So, Boku wa Mari no Naka got licensed. Thanks to the people here that put it on the radar.

Other new licenses: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-834483/new-simulpub-manga-inside-mari-silver-nina-love-theory

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

So, Boku wa Mari no Naka got licensed. Thanks to the people here that put it on the radar.

Other new licenses: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-834483/new-simulpub-manga-inside-mari-silver-nina-love-theory

Nice. I was a little worried that we weren't going to get anything new this season. Hopefully they'll fill in the back catalog chapters quickly.

They've been updating the app regularly over the last couple months. Most of the technical problems I had have disappeared, and they added some ease-of-use features like being able to swipe at the last page of a chapter and automatically move to the next chapter.

What books are you guys following week-to-week? At this point I'm down to Yamada-kun and Wagatsuma-san. I read a little of the Seven Deadly Sins and Coppelion, but I couldn't really get into them.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
So yeah, here's the stuff that's been added in the two months since my last post:

New stuff:
Silver Nina Ch 33
Inside Mari Ch 23
Love Theory Ch 35

That's right, not one back catalogue chapter for the new pickups yet. :v:

Simulpub Chapters
Titan Ch 51 & 52
Mysterious Girlfriend X Ch 83 & 84
Fairy Tail Ch 358 - 364
Space Bros Ch 221 - 224
Yamanda-kun Ch 86 - 91
Copellion Ch 206 & 207
A Town Where You Live Ch 251 - 256
As The Gods Will Ch 42 - 47
Fort of Apocalypse Ch 27 - 28
Wagatsuma-san Ch 69 - 74
Seven Deadly Sins Ch 54 - 59
UQ Holder Ch 11 - 16

Back Catalogue
A Town Where You Live Ch 204 - 222
Copellion Ch 78 - 107
Yamada-kun Ch 52 - 64, completing the catalogue
Space Bros Ch 110 - 119

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
Continuing discussion from the Mari thread to here.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Maybe I'm just being a petty rear end in a top hat but I'm hating Crunchyroll picking up mangas since I'm not in the US and such I can't read them even if I shell out the money for the membership and the scanlations groups drop those series. First was Wagatsuma-San and now this one.

:smith:
Crunchyroll always licenses for as broadly as they are allowed, something heavily influenced by the number of eyeballs, because that directly translates into licensor revenue. More licensor money = better licensee terms = wider area to serve. It's really that simple.

E: Don't count on Crunchyroll picking up Prison School. I mean, it's possible, and it's on their radar, but I would definitely give it a low chance (though in certain circumstances I could imagine it). It's just barely not porn, with great art pasted on a story that doesn't even qualify as trash.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I don't suppose there's any chance of them picking up Qualia? I need more translations in my veins.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
I'm sure you could find some universe where it is licensed and translated. Whether that is this one or an alternate one, who can say?

(If I head to Tokyo sometime soon, I'll ask)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Don't count on Crunchyroll picking up Prison School. I mean, it's possible, and it's on their radar, but I would definitely give it a low chance (though in certain circumstances I could imagine it). It's just barely not porn, with great art pasted on a story that doesn't even qualify as trash.

Um have you seen some of the shows they've been licencing this season?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

E: Don't count on Crunchyroll picking up Prison School. I mean, it's possible, and it's on their radar, but I would definitely give it a low chance (though in certain circumstances I could imagine it). It's just barely not porn, with great art pasted on a story that doesn't even qualify as trash.

Prison School owns because all of the dudes are horrible pieces of poo poo and you're supposed to laugh at how pathetic they are, not cheer them on as they strive to escape.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

The Devil Tesla posted:

Um have you seen some of the shows they've been licencing this season?

...yeah, I'll have to agree that "barely not porn" as reasoning for not licensing something isn't exactly going to fly when they picked up Lately, My Sister Is :barf:.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Delusibeta posted:

...yeah, I'll have to agree that "barely not porn" as reasoning for not licensing something isn't exactly going to fly when they picked up Lately, My Sister Is :barf:.
Jesus. I was feeling bad that I hadn't kept up with all of the series in the past couple of months, but I'm fully cured of that now. :barf:

Guess it's anyone's guess, then.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Continuing discussion from the Mari thread to here.

Crunchyroll always licenses for as broadly as they are allowed, something heavily influenced by the number of eyeballs, because that directly translates into licensor revenue. More licensor money = better licensee terms = wider area to serve. It's really that simple.

Is still kind of weird, I'm on Mexico and Mari-san is the only manga I can read (thanks for that by the way) but I'm screwed on the others.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Delusibeta posted:

Queen's Blade has also been on Crunchyroll for over 3 years, now, as another example.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It seems than the entire Manga catalog is available for Mexico! :toot:

Time to shell out the money for the membership!

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
They added three new series:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/star-light-woman/volumes
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/is-this-girl-for-real/volumes
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/okitenemuru/volumes

Okitenemuru seems pretty interesting at least. I read the first fifteen or so chapters of Inside Mari, but I couldn't get into it. It felt like it might be leading up to some kind of criticism of creepy otaku-meets-perfect high school girl genre, but so far it's just boring with unpleasant characters.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
According to this page http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...ted-territories, it seems like there may be more announcement coming up. I would not be surprised if the manga comes from Futabasha as the last 6 are from them. And 5 of the 6 are from Manga Action magazine.

So far, there has not been any manga on Crunchyroll that is convincing me to subscribe for their manga package. I read Attack on Titan and Inside Mari from them, but if they get something like Chihayafuru or Giant Killing, then I would really consider subscribing.

They some decent manga on their service like Attack on Titan, Inside Mari, and Space Brothers. I think what they need to do is get more content and also finish all their backlogs like Space Brothers.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Well, another four series has been picked up: Action Mask, Kings Game: Origin, ReCollection and Orange. All of which are on chapter 8 or 9, which I guess would explain why I haven't heard of them.

In other news, they're also uploading all of the missing chapters of Space Brothers shortly. :toot:

coathat
May 21, 2007

Orange and ReCollection are both good and I'm glad crunchyroll is putting out some shoujo fare.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Right then, a formal roundup of what's been happening on the service.

New territories
The Kodansha titles (i.e. the stuff that's above Silver Nina in the list in the OP) is now available in Italy, Spain, Portugal, Finland, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Macao, Malaysia, China, Brazil and Mexico. The Futabasha stuff (i.e. everything else) is available worldwide except for Japan.

New titles
Orange Ch 9
Star Light Woman Ch 8
Is This Girl For Real? Ch 35
Okitenemuru Ch 1 (no backlog to wait on here)
Kings Game: Origin Ch 8
ReCollection Ch 3
Action Mask Ch 8

Simulpub Chapters
Titan Ch 53
Fairy Tail Ch 365 - 367
Yamada-kun Ch 92 - 94
Copellion Ch 208
A Town Where You Live Ch 257 & 258
As The Gods Will Ch 48 - 50
Wagatsuma-san Ch 75 & 76
Seven Deadly Sins Ch 60 - 62
UQ Holder Ch 17 - 19
Silver Nina Ch 34
Love Theory Ch 36

Back Catalogue
Mysterious Girlfriend X Ch 53 - 76 (leaving five chapters to go)
Space Bros Ch 120 - 214 (also leaving five chapters to go :eng99:)
Copellion Ch 108 - 117
Inside Mari Ch 1 - 17

Delusibeta fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 25, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

They just picked up SoreMachi starting at chapter 108 :dance:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/soredemo-machi-wa-mawatteiru/volumes

Along with the ongoing Satoshi Mizukami (author of The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer) series Spirit Circle at chapter 20 (which currently leaves a one chapter gap with the scanlations, oh well)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/spirit-circle/volumes

:toot:

Parpy
Oct 23, 2009

Ducklings have been known to imprint on, and imitate, species in close vicinity -- especially cats and dogs.

~SMcD
I've cleaned manga for scanlation before and while it's absolutely dreadful, mindnumbing work that really works your procrastination muscle (as I'm sure the tasks of translation and typesetting are), I can't see why Coppelion - one of the CR Manga launch titles - still hasn't caught up to the simulpub after how many months now? CR is at Vol. 12, the actual print publication is at something like Vol 20? 21? Really hard to get excited for new simulpub chapters when that content is eight volumes ahead of where you're forced to leave off.

In spite of that, I'm glad they're doing manga now. It's a nice little perk to go with membership. Yay!

Parpy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 30, 2014

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Formal roundup:

New publisher
Yesterday's batch introduces Shounen Gahousha to the service, and new publisher means a new set of restrictions. The new titles are available worldwide except for Algeria, Lebanon, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Morocco, Poland, and Switzerland. I'm going to assume Japan went without mentioning.

New titles
Arpeggio of Blue Steel Ch 53
And Yet the Town Moves Ch 108
Spirit Circle Ch 20

New simulpub chapters
Fairy Tail Ch 368
Yamada-kun Ch 95
A Town Where You Live Ch 259
As The Gods Will Ch 51
Wagatsuma-san Ch 77
Seven Deadly Sins Ch 63
UQ Holder Ch 20

Back catalogue
Mysterious Girlfriend X Ch 77

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Sun-Ken Rock is the latest that has been added to Crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-838515/new-simulpub-manga-sun-ken-rock

And looks like Space Brothers is all caught up now.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

psyer posted:

Sun-Ken Rock is the latest that has been added to Crunchyroll.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-838515/new-simulpub-manga-sun-ken-rock

And looks like Space Brothers is all caught up now.

The translation on this one is pretty bad. Weird grammar, spelling errors, wonky translation notes.

It made me wonder whether they might be relaxing their quality control to get back chapters for all these books up quicker.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Shindo looks to be the latest to be added to CR.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/shindo/volumes

Haven't seen official announcement anywhere for this.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Shindo is pretty good I hope they add the last two volumes soon. I'm surprised that the first non simulpub manga wasn't a series from jmanga.

They've also added a bunch of chapters for their new series.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Rounding up the past fortnight or so:

New Series
Sen-Ken Rock Ch 1 - 19, 135. Published by Shonen Gahosha
Shindo Ch 1 - 22. Published by Futabasha

Simulpub Chapters
Titan 54
Fairy Tail 369 & 370
Yamada-kun 96 & 97
Coppelion 209
A Town Where You Live 260 & 261 [ended]
As The Gods Will 52 & 53
Fort of Apocalypse 29
Wagatsuma-san 78 & 79
Seven Deadly Sins 64 & 65
UQ Holder 21 & 22
Silver Nina 35
Inside Mari 24
Love Theory 36.5
Star Light Woman 9
Okitenemuru 2

Back Catalogue
Mysterious Girlfriend X 79 - 81 (one chapter left :eng99:)
Space Brothers 215 - 219 (completing the catalogue)
A Town Where You Live 105 - 203.75 (:catstare:)
Silver Nina 1 - 12
Inside Mari 18 - 22 (completing the catalogue)
Love Theory 1 - 17
Orange 1 - 4
King's Game: Origin 1 - 4
ReCollection 1 & 2
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 1 - 42

Pretty big catalogue update this fortnight.

coathat
May 21, 2007

For some reason the iOS app has all the chapters of Orange.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I may sub to read all the chapters of UQ Holder, anything else in the list I shouldn't miss during that month?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Space Brothers, Soredemo, and Coppelion are great. Seven Deadly Sins is good too.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Spirit Circle is completely ace. It doesn't have the back chapters up yet, but when it does it's easily worth subbing for just by itself.

Inside Mari is also ace. Pretty :stonk: at times, but intentionally so. The author's really good at making you enthralled yet afraid to read further (Flowers of Evil by them is the same way). It's fully available.

You could always read Attack on Titan if that's your thing. Doesn't seem like the in print volumes'll ever be available, but there're a number of chapters up (and when I switched over from the scanlation, I noticed the translation quality was far better).

For shoujo there's Recollection and Orange. They aren't completely available yet, but probably will be soon (Orange got the first four chapters already and only needs four more to catch up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Attack on Titan, Fortress of the Apocalypse, Inside Mari, Soredemo, and Spirit Circle are all top-shelf.

• Locked thread