Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Drunk Badger posted:

Does anyone race with a G27 wheel? I'm tempted to work some overtime and get one as a present for myself for this game
Lots of us do. (I have a G25 personally.)

It's obviously not close to the real thing, but the feedback you get from it is really great and helpful. Also I love pretending I can drive standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Drunk Badger posted:

Does anyone race with a G27 wheel? I'm tempted to work some overtime and get one as a present for myself for this game

Yep, that + this (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AYMCRG/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item) loving rules.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

So this is GT5 related but probably this month if people are down GTCC:CCC is going to do one last hurrah for GT5 before laying it to rest to play GT6. I've got an idea of doing a best of GT5 like FGTs/NASCAR at Indy/Daytona, SuperGTs, muscle cars, LMP/GTPs, our Trans-Am cars, Luxury Yachts, rally, and so forth. I want to see how many of you guys are down just to get pumped for GT6 and decide when to do this. Probably easiest might be a weekend like after Thanksgiving but I'm up for whenever. I'm still thinking of tracks, cars to race, but last race is going to be our 520 pp fully modified Tran-Am cars at Nurburgring for 5 laps. I think it would be a nice sendoff for this group we've had from day one until last summer. I'll make the GT6 GTCC thread after our hurrah so we can get PUUUUUUUUUUMPED for GT6.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60

Well gently caress, I'm sold. I've had an unhealthy love for crazy old concepts and prototypes, so getting to drive one of these is just too tempting. The only way it could be better is if the Turbine Car were in, but there's only three left in existence and they're nigh-on impossible to track down anymore.

I'm curious how the body repair is going to work, whether the visible damage will actually persist or if it's just "your car will not be shiny and your aero is kinda crap until you fork over the cash". The idea of starting out with some ratty second-hand beater and restoring it to a like new car with noticeable differences in looks and performance would be pretty cool though. Really, anything that would make the cars seem less like disposable tools you only need for one specific series and more of a useful long-term investment would be good.

E: "Unlike the previous title, the added cars will appear directly in the dealerships after an update, and will be available to purchase in game. You will be able to enjoy driving the newest cars right after they are released in the market."

So instead of downloading DLC seperately, they just drop the new cars right in with each update? Oh wow, I like that.

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 5, 2013

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

BMB5150 posted:

So this is GT5 related but probably this month if people are down GTCC:CCC is going to do one last hurrah for GT5 before laying it to rest to play GT6. I've got an idea of doing a best of GT5 like FGTs/NASCAR at Indy/Daytona, SuperGTs, muscle cars, LMP/GTPs, our Trans-Am cars, Luxury Yachts, rally, and so forth. I want to see how many of you guys are down just to get pumped for GT6 and decide when to do this. Probably easiest might be a weekend like after Thanksgiving but I'm up for whenever. I'm still thinking of tracks, cars to race, but last race is going to be our 520 pp fully modified Tran-Am cars at Nurburgring for 5 laps. I think it would be a nice sendoff for this group we've had from day one until last summer. I'll make the GT6 GTCC thread after our hurrah so we can get PUUUUUUUUUUMPED for GT6.

You forgot lawnmower races around Daytona :devil:

I know I need a stand, but that seems a bit high priced. I'm hoping I can just throw one together from wood and pipe I have lying around.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Has there been anything new on the course maker so far?

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
My fat PS3 just ate poo poo so I got a slim on the cheap. Do I need to recreate my user profile name to log into my PSN? I know my DLCs and other crap are tied to the PSN account but I don't want to have a bunch of profiles floating around if I can do it right the first time?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Rinkles posted:

But GT4's menu music is unrivaled. Bring back some of that synthy charm in 6, please.

I think you mean Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. That's one classy, jazzy menu soundtrack.

E: ^^^ Yeah, just create a new profile, and log in with your old PSN account.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BMB5150 posted:

I know I finally bailed on GT5 before Summer but I'd definitely be down for a send-off, just so long as I can drive a go-kart backwards at some point.

If this game does come out for PS4 I may have to jump ship to that when it happens.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

davebo posted:

I know I finally bailed on GT5 before Summer but I'd definitely be down for a send-off, just so long as I can drive a go-kart backwards at some point.

If this game does come out for PS4 I may have to jump ship to that when it happens.

We all seemed to kind of bail to be honest. I got tired at the same time you did and decided to just give myself a long break and come back to it when GT6 rolls around, but yes Go-Karts would be a definite thing to dick around with.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

razorscooter posted:

Has there been anything new on the course maker so far?

It's suppose to be able to make really really big tracks. Kaz said it could fit the Nurburgring 10 times when made to be its largest size. It won't launch with the game but will be added in a patch later. So all of this might change.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The GPS track thing sounds awesome but I wonder how finely you'll be able to edit the tracks for width / camber.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Have they said anything about elevation changes on the GPS course maker? I can think of a few local routes I'd like to try but they're all rather hilly.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

It's suppose to be able to make really really big tracks. Kaz said it could fit the Nurburgring 10 times when made to be its largest size. It won't launch with the game but will be added in a patch later. So all of this might change.

I wonder how many people played GT5 and never updated it, because they didn't have their console connected to the internet? Not every racing sim fan is a huge gamer as well, and even the Xbox 360 had a large percentage of its users not connected.

Launching with the endless grind, the incredibly long loading screens, and the completely bullshit difficulty on some of the special events probably didn't do the series' reputation any favours. At least the Academy Edition came out so that people new to the game wouldn't have to download several Gigabytes of updates just to start the game.

Polyphony has done a really good job supporting the game post-launch though, and I was hoping that with the patches they wouldn't even need to release a new Gran Turismo until the PS4 came out. However, there's only so many plasters you can put over a gaping wound, so starting over with everything they learned was probably a better idea.

I'm glad that they're telling us which features might miss the launch, rather than either endlessly delaying the game, and then having everything being half-assed on release. As long as the game itself works well, I don't mind waiting for some features.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Awe yissss, a premium quality Stratos! Seriously though, no premium RUF?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

A 120 mile tracks? Sounds FUCKIN AWESOME to me!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cannot Find Server posted:

A 120 mile tracks? Sounds FUCKIN AWESOME to me!

Much more if you consider I guarantee someone will make straight ->banked hairpin-> straight along the whole square to make like a 8000 mile course.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A giant course consisting entirely of banked high-speed turns would be my heaven.

Seriously I hope they don't drop the ball on this course creator because so far, it's my most anticipated feature.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

projecthalaxy posted:

Much more if you consider I guarantee someone will make straight ->banked hairpin-> straight along the whole square to make like a 8000 mile course.

Hmm... Gran Desert Bus?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

JFairfax posted:

Hmm... Gran Desert Bus?

You could even bash up the WV Bus right at the start of the race, so it's always drifting to the right.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
So which one of us is taking a trip to Tail of the Dragon to record the gps data? Or do the whole 120 miles:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

davebo posted:

So which one of us is taking a trip to Tail of the Dragon to record the gps data? Or do the whole 120 miles:

I live like an hour from there. So if I'm able to do the GPS thing I'm jumping right on that.

Hell a lot of the curvy mountain-ish roads around here would make amazing tracks, even ones just around in my area.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 6, 2013

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Anyone in Argentina so they can map this one?

:P

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
And I was just in Norway a few months ago

http://goo.gl/maps/Yb5Ds

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The DeltaWing is possibly being removed from GT6, due to licensing issues? :ohdear: http://www.gtplanet.net/nissan-deltawing-removed-from-gt6-website-car-list/

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

If they remove the DeltaWing I will be so pissed at whatever company is blocking it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

If they remove the DeltaWing I will be so pissed at whatever company is blocking it.

I know! I wanted to drive the Nissan Batmobile :smith:

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

:10bux: It's Panoz since they were thinking about suing Nissan "copying" the Zeod to their Delta Wing coupe. And probably Panoz is causing a shitfit since he is saying it's his car. Well I'm the lucky probably couple 1,000 who have driven it now. :v:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress Don Panoz for that and a thousand other reasons. loving hackjob wannabe piece of garbage :argh:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

BMB5150 posted:

:10bux: It's Panoz since they were thinking about suing Nissan "copying" the Zeod to their Delta Wing coupe. And probably Panoz is causing a shitfit since he is saying it's his car. Well I'm the lucky probably couple 1,000 who have driven it now. :v:

I thought the Deltawing and the Zeod were both made by Nissan, just that one was the electric version, guess not.

Bummer that we're missing this car, I really wanted to drive this.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

El Hefe posted:

I thought the Deltawing and the Zeod were both made by Nissan, just that one was the electric version, guess not.

Bummer that we're missing this car, I really wanted to drive this.

Well they both share the same designer in Ben Bowlby. Difference is the ZEOD is all Nissan designed while the Delta Wing had the engine from Nissan but developed by Highcroft Racing, Dan Gurney's All American Racers, and Panoz/Elan. Panoz is now running the Delta Wing with his own engine and I think he is trying to claim ownership over it and potentially stopping it from appearing in GT6 unless there is a deal which I'm guessing in unlikely. We'll probably get the ZEOD though.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
At this point it's probably on the disk, so I'm sure someone will find a way to access it even if it's not officially released

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

So I was looking at the pre-order info, and I noticed that the Gamestop version comes with a set of "custom paint chips". Given that you can buy paints from GT Auto, how's this work? Are there special colors like maybe iridescent/flip/branded livery paints that can only be won as prizes?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Scirocco Griffon posted:

So I was looking at the pre-order info, and I noticed that the Gamestop version comes with a set of "custom paint chips". Given that you can buy paints from GT Auto, how's this work? Are there special colors like maybe iridescent/flip/branded livery paints that can only be won as prizes?

Could be that, could also (these are not mutually exclusive) be free paint, as the screenshot showed it costed $5000 to respray your car.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Not sure if I want to get this one. My first GT game was 3, and it's still by far my favorite racing game of all time, mostly for it's design. I got 5, but I didn't like it nearly as much, though it was fun in its own right. If this ends up being closer to 5 then there really isn't much point in getting it except for the graphics upgrade.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ViggyNash posted:

Not sure if I want to get this one. My first GT game was 3, and it's still by far my favorite racing game of all time, mostly for it's design. I got 5, but I didn't like it nearly as much, though it was fun in its own right. If this ends up being closer to 5 then there really isn't much point in getting it except for the graphics upgrade.

Uh. Can you be a little more specific? What did you like about 3 that 5 didn't do for you? Have you read about the changes in 6? Graphics is pretty much the least significant change.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
From the looks of things and from playing the GT Academy demo, GT6 fixes most of the problems found in GT5, the sound design is still the same but Kaz already said they will fix it in an update. The graphics aren't as good as Forza 5 but what can you expect from a game running in 7 year old hardware.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Are you sure that improved sounds will be patched into GT6? All I recall was Kaz saying 'maybe' and I'm a little puzzled about people being under the impression that it's a definite. If you buy GT6 do so because of what you know about the game for certain, not promises of what might possibly maybe be patched in at a later date because you could end up disappointed.

If the engine sounds of GT5 bugged you, then they'll bug you in GT6 as well. It doesn't bother me because I always like to listen to music when driving or playing a racing game, but if sound is really important then you might as well wait for Project CARS to launch on PS4 next fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23nkQBoPyK4

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Hi guys, long time Forza fan who's been burnt by Turn 10. Can I come stay with you guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

MUFFlNS posted:

Are you sure that improved sounds will be patched into GT6? All I recall was Kaz saying 'maybe' and I'm a little puzzled about people being under the impression that it's a definite. If you buy GT6 do so because of what you know about the game for certain, not promises of what might possibly maybe be patched in at a later date because you could end up disappointed.

If the engine sounds of GT5 bugged you, then they'll bug you in GT6 as well. It doesn't bother me because I always like to listen to music when driving or playing a racing game, but if sound is really important then you might as well wait for Project CARS to launch on PS4 next fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23nkQBoPyK4

Nah I don't care about it but I know lots of people do, the main problem is that the game expect everyone to have a 7.1 Dolby Digital THX system or whatever.

• Locked thread