Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

The Piper posted:

I guess I'm in the minority here but I'd prefer quick counts to 7 inning games. It would preserve realistic stats and bullpen management. It would also result in more walks for players who swing at everything and would never work a deep count otherwise.

I'll agree here, I think this would be the better experience but I'm just a dumb babby who swings at everything :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

davecrazy posted:

I got rid of my PS3 when I got my 4, so if y'all want to do a ps3 league somebody else will have to set it up and run it.

I'm probably going to get the Vita version tho.

I think their is going to be two leagues for sure. A ps3 and ps4.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Ughhh this game, my PS4 is begging to be played and May can't come soon enough. Also where is that MLB tv app, come on MLB/Sony you guys are killing.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Yeah the day The Show comes out I'm buying a PS4 and I guess giving my PS3 to an orphanage or something idk.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
My constant googling re: ps4 mlb.tv has led me to believe it will come out either on the 25th as it is a tuesday or right on opening day the 31st.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

gleep gloop posted:

Yeah the day The Show comes out I'm buying a PS4 and I guess giving my PS3 to an orphanage or something idk.

Dark Souls 2 bro. Keep it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EnsGDT posted:

Dark Souls 2 bro. Keep it.

Just get it on the PC in April

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

Ughhh this game, my PS4 is begging to be played and May can't come soon enough. Also where is that MLB tv app, come on MLB/Sony you guys are killing.

I dunno man, Infamous is pretty fuckin sweet, if you have another 60 bucks to blow on a game, it's what I'll be using (and Ground Zeroes) to keep justifying my PS4 as anything more than a Netflix box until May.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
I'll have the Vita and PS4 versions eventually, so if there is a league, I definitely want in. Running it would be too much for me to handle because I spend too much time working at CoPa to ever be at home during the season, but I could probably find some time for a game here and there.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s57n-4tuWB0

Supposedly this is an early build of the game, but finally some in action PS4 shots.

E: this is the ps3 version.

My initial impression is drat that guy whiffed on a meatball slider that should of been put into next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG8M6mvAwkY&t=33s

quote:

FranchisePlaySports has posted their MLB 14 The Show video interview with community manager, Ramone Russell. Plenty of good information was touched on with some bullet points below. Make sure you listen to the full interview here, hosted by Brian Mazique.

You can create the same amount of players as last year
You can still edit players to the same extent as last year
Create a Ballpark is coming, but not this year
Quick count info (Make sure you pay attention!)
Talks about some of the new animations (some are specific to PS4, like slap swings, Japan league style swings - A couple hundred fielding animations)
All injury presentations are brand new
6 team minimum but only one human player needed in online franchise (clarified by Ramone in comments)
On PS4, you will see more closeups of the fans, signs they are holding
Talks about new camera angles
Commentary details
Crowd model details
Some RTTS details
Community Challenge details (Creating any situation)

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 24, 2014

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Be able to create my stadium on the moon, please.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Is the Lunar Rover in GT6 not enough for you

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

Is the Lunar Rover in GT6 not enough for you

I didn't buy GT6 since it's not on the PS4 but I'm not going to lie, the Lunar Rover made me almost breakdown. I could have recreated Diamonds are Forever.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

jabro posted:

If playing the Home Run derby on that Moon Stadium in whatever year MLB game was wrong, I wasn't ever going to be right.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
No, the best were the home run challenges in Triple Play (98?) where you could play in construction sites and a giant living room

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Obama Yo Mama posted:

No, the best were the home run challenges in Triple Play (98?) where you could play in construction sites and a giant living room

That was Triple Play 2001, complete with cartoon sound effects. I played the gently caress out of that, although HR derbies at the Polo Grounds on The Show are a wonderful way to piss off your friends.

E: Construction site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0HIpHWXIto

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 25, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

oh god jim hughson and buck martinez

until i started getting HNIC feeds in the US, I thought Jim Houghson was just a guy that EA made up to do PBP

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
PS4 MLB TV app is out.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Speaking of which, I have a mlb.tv group that needs filled! Check the coupons forum for more info!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJYP04RmzU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5tDz-ap8fg&t=186s

Where are the PS4 videos!!!!!

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

I assumed the first one was PS4. It's not?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

No, they're both ps3. We've only seen p3 video so far.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

PS4 screens:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

As if there weren't enough Slenderman games already.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

It's pretty an all, but is the sound accurate when someone breaks an orbital bone on a comebacker? I just don't get that visceral gutpunch with 12.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Are there any pre-order bonuses for the PS4 version?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

nerve posted:

Are there any pre-order bonuses for the PS4 version?

Amazon is offering a controller skin as a pre-order bonus

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Gamestop is offering $20 in in-game money

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

PS3 and Vita are out now on PSN.

Also there's this from GameStop for early adopters who want to upgrade to PS4 later.

quote:

Offer available to PowerUp Rewards members only. MLB 14: The Show for PS3 must be purchased within 30 days of release. Coupon will be digitally distributed after purchase. Coupon required at time of trade. Limit 1 coupon per game per customer. Customer may be responsible for sales tax. Net credit after promotion is $40.00 or greater, and must be applied toward a new copy of the PS4 version of the game being traded. After promotion, cost to the customer will be $19.99 or less before tax, where applicable; offer is not valid toward additional add-on content, like DLC, or non-standard versions of game. Eligible game must be traded in the same transaction as the purchase of an eligible new game. Not valid toward cash trades. Offer valid only when eligible items are traded. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward items normally accepted in trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 5/31/14.

E: you can start a season or RttS player or whatever on PS3/Vita and pick up where you left off on PS4.

e2: not a big fan of quick counts, no way to get into any type of rhythm.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 1, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
anyone got a Vita trip report

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Eh I'm just gonna wait for the PS4 version. I hate going into gamestop, and by May the opening day rosters will be all sorted. Speaking of how are player ratings? Any weird stats stand out or anything?

Also, quick counts does not sound like something I'd like at all.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

anyone got a Vita trip report

Gameplay wise its Vita Show 2013 with a few new wrinkles, nothing goundbreaking. The new front end is nice. I like the new RttS player creation.

I bought it digitally cause I was up at 3AM and why not. I'm sure I'll get a good ammount of on the go/couch RttS play out of it. Remote playing the PS4 version might be doable, but the vita version has a noticeably exaggerated ball to compensate for the small screen which makes it better for the platform.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Gameplay wise its Vita Show 2013 with a few new wrinkles, nothing goundbreaking. The new front end is nice. I like the new RttS player creation.

I bought it digitally cause I was up at 3AM and why not. I'm sure I'll get a good ammount of on the go/couch RttS play out of it. Remote playing the PS4 version might be doable, but the vita version has a noticeably exaggerated ball to compensate for the small screen which makes it better for the platform.

I forgot about the glowing ball to help you see on the Vita. Now you have me rethinking of PS4 Remote Play only.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I haven't played a baseball video game since Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball for the SNES. Is it good? Do most people take a team through an entire 162 game season?

I'd be getting the PS3 version.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I *really* don't like quick counts, at all. I can see where some people like it, but pitching or hitting at bats have a give and take to them and when your dropped in the middle of a 2-2 count then I feels...off. What the pitcher/batter did the preceding pitches is kind of important, if a guy chased a low fastball 0-0 then I might go back to that again, or give him a 1-0 change. Or maybe I think he's sitting fastball and give him one eye level to see if he chases. If I start the AB at 2-2 or 3-2 then I'm basically hoping I can hit the corner with a pitch and not wildly miss the meter. I have zero information about the batter, and just have to wing it. This is bad enough against the CPU logic which you can get a good read on over time, against another human being it would be terrible.

Quick counts takes a lot out of the game for me.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 1, 2014

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I picked up the Vita version; I originally played the first Vita version and did not like it. This is basically the same game as that. There still isn't any replays or cutscenes, which was something even the PSP versions of the Show had. Its also got weird performance issues. But it's still The Show which is a fun game so.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I'm only through the amateur showcase. Made a knuckleballer and got him drafted as the last pick of Round 2 by the Cardinals. Like the option of 1-2 years of Juinor College or a 3-4 year's of University if you don't like your draft spot.

As this (and a PSP) are the only Sony consoles I own, I'm not qualified to compare versions of the game. So if I'm missing stuff, I don't know about it. But I'm happy with the Day One purchase to return to this series after a five year hiatus (borrowing a copy of 13 for a week aside).

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They took online head to head out of the Vita version it looks like. Not that it's a huge loss. HR derby is the only multiplayer component now. Unless I'm missing something in the menus.

E: the RttS draft is ok, but give me an option to skip it plz.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

They took online head to head out of the Vita version it looks like. Not that it's a huge loss. HR derby is the only multiplayer component now. Unless I'm missing something in the menus.

E: the RttS draft is ok, but give me an option to skip it plz.

Bummer i bought it on vita tonight to get my fix in until PS4 arrives. I drat near bought it on PS3 to trade in for PS4 next month but I'm not fiending that hard. Was hoping to play a few goons online with the vita.

• Locked thread