Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Hopefully it finishes this time, I was on my way to a world series :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

davecrazy posted:

We did two last year, one was a two leauge where everybody had like 2 3 game series against everybody else. It worked ok, but wasent optimal. Then we ran a round robin where you played everybody twice and that stalled out before the playoffs as everybody just stopped playing games.

I thought we actually got to the playoffs and I was on my way to a World Series too damnit :colbert:

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 19, 2014

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Carlton Banks posted:

The computer will abuse the hell out of you if you swing at every pitch. Get yourself in the habit of taking the first few pitches each at-bat (which will also help you learn to read pitches better)

Yes this, take the first pitch as much as you possibly can.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
In my third Rtts game I went in with a .180 BA and proceeded to hit for the cycle, in order, with the HR being a grand slam and I didn't even get any sort of achievement or big training point boost. Sort of anti climactic if you ask me.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Anyone else getting a Rtts glitch where at the very start of the game you sometimes get put into a double play situation where your manager wants to move up but you can't actually move your guy until the play starts? Like literally all control interactions are frozen until the ball is in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
So my second baseman got traded to the braves, promptly got promoted to AAA, and then up to the majors to replace Uggla who is apparently a 71. I have no where near the contact stats I need for the majors so I'm batting like .184 and I can't get enough hits to raise my stats at all. Its a vicious cycle.

• Locked thread