Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

ThornBrain posted:

We had to get a lot of technical stuff out of the way for that first. Yoshi's nearly ready to LP it, but he wants to quickly do Punch Out Wii first.

And yeah, if you haven't watched Sleeping Dogs yet, you're missing out on the funniest videos we've ever done.
I cannot wait to see Yoshi do Punch-Out Wii, that is going to be fun as hell to watch you guys handle that incredible game. Definitely loving every one of your LPs guys, real troopers the three of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

ThornBrain posted:

We had to get a lot of technical stuff out of the way for that first. Yoshi's nearly ready to LP it, but he wants to quickly do Punch Out Wii first.

Will Punch Out Wii be in its own thread?

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Shoeless posted:

Will Punch Out Wii be in its own thread?

Most likely. I was debating putting it in this one, but it'll be a short LP either way.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
My first time playing through Majora's Mask I died to Gyorg a few times; and when I finally beat him, it was with just one quarter of a heart left. I don't think I had much health, I wasn't doing a bunch of sidequests, and I didn't realise how overpowered the electricity was (or that you could even do it, I think) for the first phase.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Every time I did this dungeon, I got the "milk" for the infinite MP, which let me use electricity forever.

roybot9000
Aug 27, 2003
Yay new video!

I do not think that Gyorg is one of the worst bosses. Nothing about it is especially awful, or memorable for that matter. I had forgotten what the boss looked like until seeing this video.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
The whole bay section really highlights the main thing I would like to see if MM were to be remade: less restrictions on item use. The Zora form being able to use the hookshot would be quite convenient in the pirate fortress and getting to this temple. OOT even set a precedent for using it underwater. It would also be nice if each form could use the bow (it could also transform like the ocarina does) and at least one type of magic arrow.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
Maybe the temple is used to filter and pump water to the city?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I will forever remember the sound of hitting your head against the wall underwater.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm not going to lie, your font makes the update title look like it says 'Great Gay Temple'

Also all that head trauma from slamming into walls underwater leads to crazy pizzajoe in this timeline, right?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

And here was the point I stopped playing because gently caress this

At the time of first playing this game, I was pretty burnt out with water temples thanks to OoT so a water temple with a TIME LIMIT to me was just no.
...god I'm so glad to hear that Fire Arrow select sound again.

Out of curiosity, Thornbrain, what Zelda bosses do YOU personally consider to be the absolute worst?

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 23, 2014

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When I was first playing this game, a friend of mine came over while I was going through this temple, and because I didn't want to exit out and lose my progress I made him help me figure it out.

We never hung out again. I still feel bad about it :smith:

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

C-Euro posted:

When I was first playing this game, a friend of mine came over while I was going through this temple, and because I didn't want to exit out and lose my progress I made him help me figure it out.

We never hung out again. I still feel bad about it :smith:

I am so sorry man. Yeah, that temple is annoying, and no one should be made to suffer through it. Why can't Nintendo get Water Temples right? Well, there was the ancient Cistern in SS.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I think the arrows you get from each temple are supposed to usable to hlp you fight the boss?

Odolwa can be stunned by an arrow during certain animations, when Goht stops to lightning you, you can just fire arrow him, and when Gyorg tries to jump the center platform, an Ice arrow robs him of momentum and makes him fall onto the center platform so you can sword him?

I could be misremembering the second two to be honest. I know my strategy for gyorg was get him to jump, shoot him in the eye with a normal arrow to stun him, then rush into the water to electrocute him.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

A Clockwork Majorange

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

A Clockwork Majorange
I genuinely want to hear about this opera project you mentioned in the vid, so I'm definitely gonna look it up. Also jesus christ I forgot about that mask :stonk: Termina turns more horrifying with each new step.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

FinalGamer posted:

I genuinely want to hear about this opera project you mentioned in the vid, so I'm definitely gonna look it up. Also jesus christ I forgot about that mask :stonk: Termina turns more horrifying with each new step.

I haven't watched yet, given that I'm about to leave work, but is it this one?

http://majoraopera.wordpress.com/

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

ChaosArgate posted:

I haven't watched yet, given that I'm about to leave work, but is it this one?

http://majoraopera.wordpress.com/

That's the one. The specific song I mentioned is "Giant's Aria". It's pretty drat good

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Anju's grandmother is the most metal character in the history of Zelda. You can see the spiked wheelchair wheels in the video, but if I remember correctly it also has a roaring tiger printed on the back.

I have no idea why, but I absolutely love it.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Mr. Vile posted:

Anju's grandmother is the most metal character in the history of Zelda. You can see the spiked wheelchair wheels in the video, but if I remember correctly it also has a roaring tiger printed on the back.

I have no idea why, but I absolutely love it.
Ganon's Grannies.

It's like Hell's Grannies except they just get, like, these super-spoked wheelchairs an' poo poo, so metal.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

That's the one. The specific song I mentioned is "Giant's Aria". It's pretty drat good

Yep. Just watched it. My god, that was a beautiful rendition of the game in song form.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

What would Link's technically-one-man-band's name be? Link and his Alter Egos? The Tortured Souls?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
The Drowned Bens.

Thanks for the LP guys, Majora was always one of the Zeldas that never really "clicked" with me so it's nice to get some appreciation out of it by proxy. Y'all are doing fine work.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

A Clockwork Majorange

I don't know why, but young-me never worked out that that mask was a literal torture device.
Man this game is dark.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

The Drowned Bens.

Thanks for the LP guys, Majora was always one of the Zeldas that never really "clicked" with me so it's nice to get some appreciation out of it by proxy. Y'all are doing fine work.

You know, I'm surprised they haven't brought up BEN yet.

Epee Em
Jan 16, 2010

:fuckthis:
Probably because it's almost impossible to view any Majora's Mask-related content on the internet without it being recycled up? Seriously, it genuinely gets annoying when every single MM video, article, webpage, etc. repeats BEN DROWNED GUYS OH GOD ITS SCARY nonstop. Regardless of what one thinks regarding quality (and to be fair the guy certainly went above and beyond in terms of effort put in) it's still irritating. People cannot discuss this game without the same thing being repeated YET AGAIN. And even then, Thorn alluded to it in the first video when he mentioned the "terrible fate" line is the most notorious quote from this game.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Epee Em posted:

Probably because it's almost impossible to view any Majora's Mask-related content on the internet without it being recycled up? Seriously, it genuinely gets annoying when every single MM video, article, webpage, etc. repeats BEN DROWNED GUYS OH GOD ITS SCARY nonstop. Regardless of what one thinks regarding quality (and to be fair the guy certainly went above and beyond in terms of effort put in) it's still irritating. People cannot discuss this game without the same thing being repeated YET AGAIN. And even then, Thorn alluded to it in the first video when he mentioned the "terrible fate" line is the most notorious quote from this game.

This is a good point. Yeah, it has been overdone. As you said, that's probably why it isn't mentioned in this LP. Hopefully I didn't open a can of worms here.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Silegna posted:

This is a good point. Yeah, it has been overdone. As you said, that's probably why it isn't mentioned in this LP. Hopefully I didn't open a can of worms here.

It's both that and I forget it's a thing usually. If I ever were to bring it up, it'd probably just be to show how the guy did it, since I think it was all gameshark codes. But then again someone already did that. But also again everyone's done a Majora's Mask LP, so whatever happens.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is it a good thing that I have no clue what you're talking about?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Eh. Neutral. Ben Drowned is an old creepypasta about a haunted copy of Majora's Mask. The Elegy of Emptiness statues feature pretty heavily. At some point they turned it into an ARG which I believe is still active.

I'm not into it, personally, but if it's your thing I guess it's pretty good.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I had to look it up myself.

Honestly, the game itself is creepier.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ThornBrain posted:

It's both that and I forget it's a thing usually. If I ever were to bring it up, it'd probably just be to show how the guy did it, since I think it was all gameshark codes. But then again someone already did that. But also again everyone's done a Majora's Mask LP, so whatever happens.
It's...sinister enough on its own but the game does creepiness a whole lot better on a more subconscious level, rather than the more in-your-face mindfuckery of Ben Drowned. It's really more a gameshark-ROM corruption sort of process and while I did enjoy the original creepypasta a lot to the point of even having a nightmare about it, it's old hat now.

...I did however have a wonderful dream of Maxwell Adams trying to play Ben Drowned and just getting annoyed in his usual way like "huh, wha...gaaaame :crossarms:", which basically ruined the overall fear effect that it once had on me. So there is that, and I can't wait to see the most horrifying place yet in the entire game.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

ThornBrain posted:

A Clockwork Majorange

That bit at the beginning about the Great Fairy laughing sounding like a drunk girl had me rolling. Keep it up, guys. :allears:

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

FinalGamer posted:

It's...sinister enough on its own but the game does creepiness a whole lot better on a more subconscious level, rather than the more in-your-face mindfuckery of Ben Drowned. It's really more a gameshark-ROM corruption sort of process and while I did enjoy the original creepypasta a lot to the point of even having a nightmare about it, it's old hat now.

...I did however have a wonderful dream of Maxwell Adams trying to play Ben Drowned and just getting annoyed in his usual way like "huh, wha...gaaaame :crossarms:", which basically ruined the overall fear effect that it once had on me. So there is that, and I can't wait to see the most horrifying place yet in the entire game.

Yeah no like, the Elegy statues are this story's "hyperrealistic blood". It sort of overuses them and misses the point of what makes them unsettling.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Dr. Buttass posted:

Yeah no like, the Elegy statues are this story's "hyperrealistic blood". It sort of overuses them and misses the point of what makes them unsettling.
Yeah that's what I meant by "in-your-face" mindfuckery, should have also mentioned that well, of course that's gonna get old. Something pops up everytime on the dot, you'll eventually expect it.

Constant feeling of unease and dread permeating throughout a place without ANY sort of pop-up climax or anything akin to it? Yeah that keeps the creep-stuff in, so we can all agree that this game does scary well enough on its own without need of anything. :)

....I am however still totally hyped about that opera now.

That Irish Gal
Jul 8, 2012

Your existence amounts to nothing more than a goldfish swimming upriver.

PS: We are all actually cats

"[TIMG posted:

http://i.imgur.com/BXtlaiW.png[/TIMG]"]

Koo Koo Koo

Katchoo?

I guess we know what the Zelda Dev Team used all their sweet Ocarina of Time cash on: :lsd:

JackNapier
Jun 20, 2014
I was always kind of touched by Mikau's story, it just seemed so much sadder then the Deku Butler and his son, or Darmani and the Gorons, because its implied Lulu and Mikau are actually together, and it honestly seems like some part of her knows what happened to him

JackNapier fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 7, 2014

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
While I get the last several videos' worth of footage edited together for commentating, Olivia has new art!

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

ThornBrain posted:

While I get the last several videos' worth of footage edited together for commentating, Olivia has new art!

Haha. That's hilarious. Though, I don't think you can just quit being a pirate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Beautiful, the fanart for this thread is better than the LP :v:

• Locked thread