Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Name's Capstick. He extends a hand, which is clearly cyber, colored a dull gray. I assume that troll was telling us to follow him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Clean!" She takes his hand with a smile. "No no no no no, no need for concern, I'm not actually crazy or anything, it was just a silly little derogatory name because my boss's son didn't really like me much so he'd always say I was as stupid and hyper as a little dog and it wound up sticking. I don't really care for it myself but it's better than some of the other handles people wind up with, from what I've seen at least. Better than using my real name for work."

"Hey nice to meet you, too!" She shakes Capstick's hand without missing a beat. "Yeah yeah, you got it. You don't speak Korean? Ouch, rough. Don't worry though, I can translate!"

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

Blitz was glad he had slid his goggles on or he may have missed the AR signal on where to go. Not sure if he could take his beer or not , he takes a big gulp of it and leaves the rest on the bar before heading for the designated door.

As the others begin to converge on the door, he nods at them. "Name's Blitz. Somewhere after this would be good, at the meet with the Johnson is not exactly the place to go over our specialties. Yes, somewhere out would be nice, preferably with food and drink but not too expensive. My Korean is not so good, though I think I can manage if needed. But looking at this group we'll be talking a lot in English."

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Just gonna assume Minjun ends up in there with you guys and move on ahead.

The troll lumbers ahead of you, ducking to avoid grinding his head against the low ceiling of the stairwell.

He reaches the end and holds his massive palm against a glass square mounted on the wall. The wall at the end of the stairwell then slides open, revealing a hidden room. As you pass into the room, you are met with the smell of fine cigars and expensive wine. The room is line with wall-to-wall red carpeting. Expensive wooden furniture sits well-placed throughout the medium-sized chamber. In the far corner of the room sits a long glass table, lined with carved and cushioned wooden chairs. A bottle of fine wine sits in a bucket of ice at the head of the table where a thin Korean human man sits dressed in a fine well-fitted Italian suit.

"At last, we all meet. I'm glad to see you all decided to join me. Please, have a seat, we have much to discuss."

As you take your seats, the door you entered through slides open yet again as another large troll steps through. This one is wearing long flowing traditional robes and carries a long wooden stick, capped with thin strips of multi-colored cloth. You don't see any hint of cybernetic enhancement at all. Both trolls stand on either side directly behind Mr. Kim.

"I will be direct. A client of mine requires a very hard to find item. Quite simply, my hope is that you will be able to acquire it. The job is simple, although I do not expect it to be easy. I am prepared to offer you 4,000 nuyen each to find a way to reach it and return it to me. Resistance is expected, and will likely be most formidable."

Kim stands up, adjusting his suit, and proceeds to walk slowly around the table, pausing as he speaks to each of you.

"Capstick, is it? Best I don't know your real name, seeing as you aren't really here, and we aren't really talking. You have a reputation for tenacity. It is my hope that your talent for violence will speed your progress though any obstacles.

Mad Dog. *Kim does not look you* A doll on loan from some friends of friends. It is a sturdy construction, custom built, as I understand it. I expect it is designed to follow orders, whoever will be giving them. In any case, I trust those who sent it; it should serve you well.

Blitz. You will face magical defenses and threats. I expect you will be able to handle them, yes? Those who recommend you had good things to say.

Mr. Clean. I expect you will be the most crucial member of this team. The target will surely raise your interest.

Minjun. Hard to find a good hacker. I don't know if I have, but I trust my sources, so for the time being, I will trust you.

Naturally, I cannot give you any further details until we have worked out a verbal contract. I expect you each have questions and concerns. Now is the time to discuss them."

Mr. Clean
Data pops up regarding your team members.

Capstick: Seems to be well-known in hunting circles. Not much on this guy, besides extensive cyberware.

Mad Dog: Mafia ties to the Russo family, not sure what her exact job is. Wouldn't expect to see her here, in any case, probably a story there.

Blitz: Hot drat, this guy is red loving hot back in the UCAS. Not sure what went down just yet, but it must have been a sight to see for him to be here so damned fast.

Minjun: I got nothing on this guy. Just from appearances, probably a decker, and a good one, I'd bet, since I can't get poo poo on him.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

The Bible posted:

"I will be direct. A client of mine requires a very hard to find item. Quite simply, my hope is that you will be able to acquire it. The job is simple, although I do not expect it to be easy. I am prepared to offer you 4,000 nuyen each to find a way to reach it and return it to me. Resistance is expected, and will likely be most formidable."

Kim stands up, adjusting his suit, and proceeds to walk slowly around the table, pausing as he speaks to each of you.

"Capstick, is it? Best I don't know your real name, seeing as you aren't really here, and we aren't really talking. You have a reputation for tenacity. It is my hope that your talent for violence will speed your progress though any obstacles.

Mr Kim, I acknowledge the labels of speed and tenacity but wish to make clear your point about violence. I am a hunter, not a butcher. A slaughter of lambs in a pen holds no interest for me. I do not presume to dictate the manner you conduct your business, but must express my reservations if I am to accept your job in the absence of specifics. Niles nods respectfully when he is finished

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

The familiar-looking decor is a happy surprise until the guy who owns it ruins the mood by opening his mouth. Doll? Who does this rear end in a top hat think he is? Had this not been called in as a favor of some sort, she would be leaving right now. Instead she just sits there fidgeting in place, fuming as he goes around the rest of the table. She remains silent when he asks for questions. The less she asked, the sooner they would be out of there.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean

"Of course Mr. Kim that goes without saying. Who are the expected resistance, what threats can be expected. Is collateral damage a concern? Do you want this done quietly or do you wish to make an example? Will acquiring the package require us to invest in special equipment and will you be providing reimbursement for said equipment. Those are my concerns. I am curious as to why you implied this contract you have assembled us for would peak my interest. The subtle change from merely acquiring a package under duress and fire to mentioning a target of interest. Secondary objective?"

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

Another theft job. This better not go like the last one. But like Casper said, he was unknown here and it's a new start so he was in regardless of what the job was. "I'm interested but lets hear more about this job. How big is the item, in fact what is it? Who is the run against? And what's the expected resistance?"

While listening to Mr. Kim's response, Blitz studies the man.

Gonna watch and listen carefully to his responses to see if anything sounds off or a sign that he is lying

perception(visual, audio): 11d6t5 2(Limit 9) and that was a terrible roll.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Sorry for the noposts; general headaches and sleeplessness have been doing a number on me. Also! Minjun goes by Rigged Deck - he isn't going to just give out his actual name!

Rigged Deck begins to open his mouth to ask questions - and then the others ask all the questions for him. He decides to settle down instead, and sip his beer.

At the same time, his mind is racing - and so is his connection to the Matrix. He was doing a bit of digging up himself on these partners he'd be with.

'Trix Research: 10d6t5 4

Of course, his curiosity is unsated regarding this room - he's also ever so gently probing those three hidden icons, and checking to see if their Kim or any of the trolls have any icons set up themselves.

'Trix Percetion. AGAIN. I WILL KNOW AAAALLLLL: 10d6t5 4

Assuming I beat the check - three silent icons, four questions. First is to spot the three icons. Also, I'm guessin' the three non-silent icons are the commlinks for Kim and his two trolls? If so, number four will be what programs the Kim is running.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

Sorry for the noposts; general headaches and sleeplessness have been doing a number on me.

You've got the "computer hacker" thing down pat then.

quote:

Also! Minjun goes by Rigged Deck - he isn't going to just give out his actual name!

gently caress, I knew I was going to do that.

ProfessorCirno posted:

'Trix Percetion. AGAIN. I WILL KNOW AAAALLLLL: 10d6t5 4

[i]Assuming I beat the check - three silent icons, four questions. First is to spot the three icons. Also, I'm guessin' the three non-silent icons are the commlinks for Kim and his two trolls? If so, number four will be what programs the Kim is running.

I assume you're doing this in AR?

The Bible fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 12, 2013

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

The Bible posted:

gently caress, I knew I was going to do that.

I assume you're doing this in AR?

Could be worse - I could always put up his real name, his Running name, AND his fake SIN name! :D

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Capstick

Kim pauses, considering your words.

"Yes, I respect differences between hunting and simply slaughtering. I apologize if I insulted your sense of honor, I meant no such slight. The fact is, finding the object will not be as simple as breaking into the building and grabbing it. The location of it is a guarded secret. My hope is that your instincts will be helpful to the team in tracking it down once you are inside."

Mr. Clean

"Of course Mr. Kim that goes without saying. Who are the expected resistance, what threats can be expected. Is collateral damage a concern? Do you want this done quietly or do you wish to make an example? Will acquiring the package require us to invest in special equipment and will you be providing reimbursement for said equipment. Those are my concerns. I am curious as to why you implied this contract you have assembled us for would peak my interest. The subtle change from merely acquiring a package under duress and fire to mentioning a target of interest. Secondary objective?"

"Yes, of course. Expected resistance. Internal security, I would expect armed guards, drones, and given the target organization, probably some magical resistance as well. Unfortunately, my peoples' attempts at properly casing the response team have met with failure.

Collateral damage. *Kim pauses a bit to suppress a laugh*. As a matter of fact, my involvement in this matter is under duress. It is a responsibility I did not ask for, and the manager of the division I need you to "liberate" the objective from is not a person I enjoy being around. For the ease of your job, a quiet approach would probably be advantageous, but if the proverbial poo poo were to hit the fan, I will admit to some level of amusement.

If you will have need of special equipment, please compile a list and send it to me. I will make sure you have what you need to properly complete the job. You will have 72 hours before it needs to be completed; I expect that will be sufficient time for you to assess your needs.

And finally, your interest in the job at hand. The target, I believe, is a previous employer of yours. Saeder-Krupp. I do not know what division you were involved with; my intel came up completely blank on that detail, but I did feel it appropriate to make you aware of this.

Blitz

Kim smiles.

"I was wondering if someone was going to ask me that. The object in question is a prototype computer processor. It is housed inside a rather large computer. I expect it would be about 1x1 meter, weighing around 50kg. If any of you is particularly skilled with computer hardware, it would be possible to simply remove the processor itself, as we have no interest in the rest of the hardware, but if not, I don't encourage you to try. It is supposed to be desperately tricky to properly remove, even in the best of circumstances.

As I told your colleague, the target will be the Seoul division of Saeder-Krupp. 13th floor is as much as we currently know regarding the whereabouts of the computer. Corporate security will likely consist of drones, armed guards, and very likely magic."

Also, I'd rather you roll "Judge Intent" than perception. You can make a new roll for it.

Rigged Deck

You pick up about the same info on your teammates than Mr. Clean's guy did (Same number of hits, in fact.) And yeah, the three non-silent icons are the commlinks from Kim and the trolls. For that matter, you're now picking up a number of other icons from your teammates.

The three silent icons seem to belong to two cameras and a microphone. Kim's Commlink is running both Toolbox and Encryption.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

I knew I was doing it wrong, I just could not find the right thing to roll listed in the book. Should be put in with using social skills(or at least a blurb about it) but hiring an editor costs money :argh:

Judge Intentions: 9d6t5 3 There we go.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

The Bible posted:

Capstick

Kim pauses, considering your words.

"Yes, I respect differences between hunting and simply slaughtering. I apologize if I insulted your sense of honor, I meant no such slight. The fact is, finding the object will not be as simple as breaking into the building and grabbing it. The location of it is a guarded secret. My hope is that your instincts will be helpful to the team in tracking it down once you are inside."

I apologize if my statement caused worry, that was not my intent. Any man that recognizes this distinction is someone I would be honored to work for. Sadly there are many men in this world, especially in our field, whom have no concept of honor. I have found that by stating my reservations at the onset, I can avoid any issues that may arise later.

As for special equipment, once we receive a full briefing on the task you have offered us we can give you an informed list of assets we would require. Personally, as a newcomer to this troubled country, I would be most grateful for a contact with a skilled and reputable surgeon skilled cybernetic enhancements. Basic maintenance I can perform myself but an introduction to a skilled master would be most helpful. Niles nods again to signal he is done. He takes a large sip of his glass of gin, this is the literally longest conversation he has had in weeks.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

Well, one of the big boys. Kim is definitely low-balling us then. "If we're running against S-K, then 4000 each is not going to cut it. Triple A's are a tough nut to crack. Their security is top notch and depending on how important the facility this computer processor is in, the magical support can be downright scary. So lets go with doubling that to 8000 each."

Negotiate: 9d6t5 1 ugh...

I tried :(

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OC posted:

Oh lord, spend some essence, otherwise we might as well apply for barback gigs here

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ltr posted:

I knew I was doing it wrong, I just could not find the right thing to roll listed in the book. Should be put in with using social skills(or at least a blurb about it) but hiring an editor costs money :argh:

Judge Intentions: 9d6t5 3 There we go.

Kim occasionally exchanges glances with his shaman, and moved particularly fast through his mention of payment.

You get the sense he is holding out on you and seems to feel he is getting away with it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ltr posted:

Blitz

Well, one of the big boys. Kim is definitely low-balling us then. "If we're running against S-K, then 4000 each is not going to cut it. Triple A's are a tough nut to crack. Their security is top notch and depending on how important the facility this computer processor is in, the magical support can be downright scary. So lets go with doubling that to 8000 each."

Negotiate: 9d6t5 1 ugh...

I tried :(

Want to drop some edge on that before I go further?

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

I'm hesitant, but want to make a good impression on the group so why not.

Second chance roll Edge: 8d6t5 4 that's more like it. for a total of 5 hits (limit 7)

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Gonna throw a quick hack at the two cameras running silent. First, changing deck stats, then Hack on the Fly to gain a mark. Fork allows me to hit both cameras in one action.

Hack on the Fly: 18d6t5 7

Sleaze - and thus my limit - is 7. Hell yeah B).
If I'm able to, I'll also run Snoop on both cameras to see what they're seeing, just in case one of them isn't in this room - after all why have TWO ones, that are hidden???

ESS EN DOUBLE OH PEE DEE OH DOUBLE GEE: 11d6t5 2
If they roll higher, I'm gonna spend an Edge to reroll failures. Otherwise I now have access and can see what both cameras see.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

Gonna throw a quick hack at the two cameras running silent. First, changing deck stats, then Hack on the Fly to gain a mark. Fork allows me to hit both cameras in one action.

Hack on the Fly: 18d6t5 7

Sleaze - and thus my limit - is 7. Hell yeah B).
If I'm able to, I'll also run Snoop on both cameras to see what they're seeing, just in case one of them isn't in this room - after all why have TWO ones, that are hidden???

ESS EN DOUBLE OH PEE DEE OH DOUBLE GEE: 11d6t5 2
If they roll higher, I'm gonna spend an Edge to reroll failures. Otherwise I now have access and can see what both cameras see.

Defense against HotF: 8d6t5 4

No problem there. You get your marks.

Defense against Snoop: 8d6t5 3

Might have a problem here though. I'm not sure that the edge rules really allow for rolling edge dice after an opponent's test, but what the hell, I'll allow it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ltr posted:

I'm hesitant, but want to make a good impression on the group so why not.

Second chance roll Edge: 8d6t5 4 that's more like it. for a total of 5 hits (limit 7)

Kim's Negotiation: 9d6t5 4

Kim walks back to the head of the table and sits.

"Yes, of course. I acknowledge the danger you'll be in, and the possible ways things to could against you. I suppose that is worthy of higher pay.

Perhaps we can compromise. 8,000 up front is somewhat steep. You are probably all honorable and honest, but I can never be sure. On the same note, I do not wish to insult your character, so I propose to give you 5,000 up front, and 3,000 after completion.

Further, I do have a personal request. In the office of the floor manager there is something I would like to collect. As I mentioned, he and I are not fond of one another. He is in possession of a valuable and rare baduk board. You may know the game as Go. It is solid oak, quite heavy, and should have a set of black and white marble stones. If you can acquire this in addition to your main objective, I will increase your pay after completion to 5,000."

The Bible fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 12, 2013

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Yeah, I didn't say it saying either way in the rules. At least the rules part I read. Given this book I would be entirely unsurprised if there were more Edge rules elsewhere though, haha. Also, note that Fork allows me to hit two targets with more attack, but they'd both roll defense individually, so there's a chance one might break that mark after all!

Let's try that again. SNOOPIN': 9d6t5 2

...What happens with you glitch on a Second Chance roll...? Either way it's at 4 now.

Rigged Deck spares a glance and a raised eyebrow towards Blitz before turning his attention back to Mr Kim.

"SK is one of the big dogs, but I'll make sure your money is well spent. I should be able to remove the processor, desperately tricky or not."

Meanwhile, he scans over the Matrix, spots the Icon most likely connected to Blitz, and sends a simple message.

[ Good job on getting the higher pay. 4k is a load of drek ]

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

Yeah, I didn't say it saying either way in the rules. At least the rules part I read. Given this book I would be entirely unsurprised if there were more Edge rules elsewhere though, haha. Also, note that Fork allows me to hit two targets with more attack, but they'd both roll defense individually, so there's a chance one might break that mark after all!

Ah, right you are. Don't know how I missed that.

Second camera defense against HotF: 8d6t5 4

Still got that mark on both.

Second camera defense against Snoop: 8d6t5 1

No problem on the snoop rolls either.

You weren't particularly focused, however, and messed up on a command here and there. You corrected it, but you might have made a little more noise than you normally would have. Still, no one seems to notice, or if they do, they don't seem to mind.

What programs do you have running, by the way?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

The Bible posted:

Ah, right you are. Don't know how I missed that.

Second camera defense against HotF: 8d6t5 4

Still got that mark on both.

Second camera defense against Snoop: 8d6t5 1

No problem on the snoop rolls either.

You weren't particularly focused, however, and messed up on a command here and there. You corrected it, but you might have made a little more noise than you normally would have. Still, no one seems to notice, or if they do, they don't seem to mind.

What programs do you have running, by the way?

My character sheet should (hopefully) always be up to date. Currently I'm running Virtual Machine (which allows me to run five program, including VM), Exploit, Fork, Sneak, and Stealth

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Kim

Do we have an agreement?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Her response is immediate. "Yes."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
"We do."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Niles nods in agreement, pleased that Mage was able to get our fee doubled.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

"Yes, 5000 now and 3000 after completion is agreeable to me."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

"I'm in."

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Kim claps his hands together.

"Wonderful!

As I mentioned earlier, the deadline for this job is 72 hours from now. I am afraid I do not have much more than I have already told you in the way of intel regarding security response. The chip is cutting edge new technology, so I expect a somewhat elaborate security protocol surrounding it.

Our best intel has it located on the 13th floor of the building. However, we have no way of knowing how reliable this information is. It would be highly irregular to keep something so sensitive above ground, but again, it would also be unexpected. It is probably best for you to attempt your own intel prior to the job.

During the course of your intel, please compile a list of equipment you will need, and I will made sure it is made available to you, within reason, of course.

This meeting is now complete. I have instructed the bartending staff to comp any drinks or food you care for while you are here, so please, enjoy.

As you leave, each of you is presented with a brand new polished obsidian credstick loaded with 5,000 nuyen each, as well as an upload of GPS data regarding the location of the target building.

Rigged Deck

It appears that the cameras are set up to capture two different angles of the same room. You have an angle from behind Kim and one to the side. You do get the nagging feeling that you have forgotten something very important...

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Rigged Deck smiles and stands up to leave. As he does, his deck continues racing. He carefully (and quietly) saves the video of their group...and tries to see how far back the video goes, saving that as well if he can. He also switches his Fork program to Baby Monitor to check his Overwatch and, OS allowing, moves to target the microphone this time, again saving data of their visit as well as checking how far back it goes and saving that, too.

Scanners generally save I want to say 24 hours worth of material unless erased in advance, so Rigged Deck is going to see if those 24 hours are still there, and what they might reveal. Baby Monitor tells me my Overwatch Score without raising the counter; if it's 30 or below, I do the following. If not, I let it go.

Hack on the Run: 18d6t5 4
Snoopy: 11d6t5 6

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

Rigged Deck smiles and stands up to leave. As he does, his deck continues racing. He carefully (and quietly) saves the video of their group...and tries to see how far back the video goes, saving that as well if he can. He also switches his Fork program to Baby Monitor to check his Overwatch and, OS allowing, moves to target the microphone this time, again saving data of their visit as well as checking how far back it goes and saving that, too.

Scanners generally save I want to say 24 hours worth of material unless erased in advance, so Rigged Deck is going to see if those 24 hours are still there, and what they might reveal. Baby Monitor tells me my Overwatch Score without raising the counter; if it's 30 or below, I do the following. If not, I let it go.

Hack on the Run: 18d6t5 4
Snoopy: 11d6t5 6

Rigged Deck

You've got your 24 hours. Nothing too interesting though, at least at a cursory glance. Just Kim sitting alone listening to Elven music and pretending to compose. Maybe a more thorough viewing will yield more, but that would be awkward in the middle of a bar. Up to you, though.

OS is at 18.

Microphone Defense against HotF: 8d6t5 3

Microphone Defizzy against Snoop Dogg fo' shizzy: 8d6t5 1 (or not so shizzy, it would seem)

Overwatch bumps up to 22. You have the Microphone and Microphone saved data.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Nov 13, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia snatches up the credstick, shoves it in her pocket, and marches straight out the door, being sure to shove anyone out of the way that happens to get in between her and the exit. Once outside, she perches herself on her scooter and tries to find something on the matrix to distract her while she waits for her colleagues to leave.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

Taking a credstick, he places it into an inner pocket of his jacket before leaving the meeting room. Following Mag Dog, Blitz easily exits the bar in her wake.

Once outside and the others are gathered, "So, what's the plan? We know the job, but that's about it. I know I want to get a look at the building and neighborhood, but a brainstorming session before that is fine by me."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"The plan is do the job so we can get back here and I can punch Kim in his smug loving face," she rants, clearing out all her AR windows with a wave of her hand. "I mean, seriously. Doll? Who the hell does he think he is? rear end in a top hat."

She crosses her arms and grunts angrily. "I dunno, maybe case the place out and see if we can get the decker hooked up somewhere? We gotta make sure it's actually on the 13th floor since I get the feeling this guy's got some bum intel because he's an idiot. If it has some sort of weird material that's got a big heat signature or scent to it, then I should be able to hunt it down pretty quick. Maybe someone make sure they don't have a bunch of wage mages and spirits hovering around? That might give it away, too."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Depending on what the other buildings in the area are like, we can try and find an spot to conduct surveillance of the building. I am working on a list of equipment I need, but most of it will come once we get eyes on the building. If no one objects, I am going to head over now and get a feel for the area and look around for a good vantage point we can work from.

On the way I want to go through the info Mr Kim provided, is it just the address or is there more useful info? As for equipment, I want to find a light frame pack I can wear to transport the unit (and the go board) out of the building in. I want something that lets me have as most freedom of movement as possible. Ideally I could get it covered in soft armor to protect the package but failing that I want to pick up a vest and just wrap the unit in that. Niles is strong enough to carry both targets without any issue and mobile enough get the hell out of Dodge once he has his hands on them.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Sure, I'll go with you and check it out. Tomorrow I'm thinking about a daytime walk through during lunch when it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Maybe we can figure out how lax the guards are, or maybe see if a smash and grab is feasible."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Blitz

listening along, "I'll check out the astral on the building and around it. I'm expecting that there's likely some kind of spirit guarding the place. It's not too tough for a wage mage summon up a spirit of air twice a day to watch the place. Need to find a quiet place near the target for me to drop into the astral, but that's never been an issue before."

During a lull in the conversation, "So... Any you have a car or we going to do a clown act all piled up on Mad Dog's scooter?"

• Locked thread