Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

Note that anything you ask for here that was already listed above is assumed to be a part of this request. So you'll have the number of grappling guns I noted above, for example, not that number plus any you request here.

Rigged Deck

"All doable and reasonable. Your package will be in the drop site."

Mad Dog

"Not a problem, they will be included with the other equipment."

Capstick

"A reasonable request. It should be possible. Some of these items will be included in the general package, so search it carefully."

quote:

Most of this stuff I want to use to prepare a set of escape routes in the sewers. Niles doesn't have the skills for any
In the interest of time we dont have to play out the sewer exploration and stuff and just make some rolls, but I am fine with playing it out if you prefer. I have today and tomorrow off and can be available whenever works for you.

Could be interesting. I'm super busy tomorrow, but I could make the time. I'd like to get everyone else's thoughts on this, since I don't want to bore them. We could do a number of separate runs. Matrix, physical, astral, which could be run all at the same time even with the group split. Let me know what you think, all.

Also, ltr, you still with us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Rigged Deck

Matrix Perception Check to find the guard scheduling node.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
I'm going to be very busy for the next few days, hopefully till Saturday, so I will be unable to focus on the game. I do not want to hold things up so if you need Melody for anything, especially rolls, just push her on through.

AmyL fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jan 18, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Going hotsim VR first for the +2~!

Matrix: Perception: 12d6t5 5

Also, I forgot to roll my money at the beginning!

CASH MONEY BITCHES: 5d6*500 9000

Well hot drat, guess that covers my lifestyle!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

The Bible posted:

Could be interesting. I'm super busy tomorrow, but I could make the time. I'd like to get everyone else's thoughts on this, since I don't want to bore them. We could do a number of separate runs. Matrix, physical, astral, which could be run all at the same time even with the group split. Let me know what you think, all.

I would prefer having you run everything at once just to keep people posting.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Atlatl posted:

I would prefer having you run everything at once just to keep people posting.

Back and yes, I agree with it, run everything at once so we can get to posting, especially around the holiday season.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Run me through a visual run similar to what capstick did as well as making the arrangement for the office building underground party with the yakuza contact. Start it at 10pm and don't stop it till 6 AM. Also determine what security arrangements are needed for our panic room. Also renting various deadbolts throughout town, at least 4-5.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
uh we're all in wildly different timezones I think, so I'm not sure how that'll work out. give a timezone and I'll see if I can be there

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I am EST but have the next two days off and can post whenever. Other than the sewer prep stuff Niles is ready to roll whenever we start this thing.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I'll knock that out once I get home tonight, then.

There hasn't been much posting in either thread, but I'm chalking that up to the season, and hopefully it'll pick back up. Still no word from ltr, however. :/

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Actually, while I can't speak for the others, Rigged Deck is pretty much ready to begin the run! Just give out the patrol data (assuming I succeeded) and er can begin Operation Hopefully Not A Shitstorm.

Plan B is called Operation A Failed, Whoops

For the record I'm in Korea as well, though I work mornings and afternoons and typically don't get home until 5 most days including transit, so I dunno where'd I'd fit time wise with the rest of you. If you do the run on a Friday or Saturday US time, I could potentially handle that - I'd just likely have to wake up exceedingly early

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 10, 2013

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

also though super depressed and kinda lethargic cause of holiday season i am around, ditch ltr if needed but lets go.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Yeah, sorry, holiday stuff is nuts for me lately. I'll get on it asap.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Most of this stuff I want to use to prepare a set of escape routes in the sewers. Niles doesn't have the skills for any elaborate boobietraps but I think he has enough Survival and Hunting skills to make a few simple traps. His main goal will be to give the illusion of a huge number of traps. The idea being that as soon as the first thermite bar tripwire goes off, his pursuers will be forced to slow down and examine every random piece of random monofilament he has glued across a hallway.

In the interest of time we dont have to play out the sewer exploration and stuff and just make some rolls, but I am fine with playing it out if you prefer. I have today and tomorrow off and can be available whenever works for you.

[/i]

The sewers are as ancient and labyrinthine as you were warned. Lighting is minimal and there are signs everywhere of Devil Rats and giant cockroaches. Someone could easily get lost down here.

I figure you have enough time and leisure to set up your traps without any major stress, no rolls necessary.

Mr. Clean

Your preparations go through fine, although to the tune of about 3000 nuyen. Your contact assures you he trusts you to pay him when you are able. Don't disappoint him. You've got the party floor, the building rooftop, and the deadbolts, utilizing the above mentioned 3000 nuyen, a few calls from Mr. Kim, and the goodwill of a few contacts who owed you a couple favors. A few even have sewer access, if you can consider that a positive.

Rigged Deck

You snag the patrol data. Night shift begins at 7:00PM and runs until 7:00AM. Guard shift is done in two phases to eliminate downtime. Floor security consists of a few floating type drones and cameras, as well as 2 guards on foot.

Building security consists of similar drones drifting around the grounds and cameras loving everywhere. Patrols are minimal but heavily armed and authorized to shoot first, let someone else ask questions. In the event of a major breach, "air support" is authorized, but unspecified as to exactly what "support" will arrive.

Windows on internal offices are tinted with a substance to interfere with wireless signals and Matrix security is tight. Black IC on alert, patrol IC round the clock, and 4 spiders on duty.

And I'm back from holiday travels. Hope you all are having a good one.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Gonna show up with Team A at the planned 30 minutes before the meeting. 4x Stick n Shock loaded in the shotgun arm. Got the armored jacket too. I'll have Team B bring in my dog helmet/ballistic mask and four mags of shotgun ammo, 2 with stick n shock, 1 with shot, and 1 with slugs.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Cool, the general idea is that the traps are more to delay and funnel pursuers into kill zones. If we end up looking like we need to retreat down thee I can flesh it out a bit.

Niles shows up for the Team B meet a bit early to scope it out. He is wearing his stealth suit and gecko gloves and is carrying the following:

Ares Crusader w/ 4 mags of Stick and Shock

Combat knife strapped to his left leg
Trauma and Stim patches in the right leg pouch

In the backpack he has the armor plates, his large medikit, the gasmask, two leftover grenades, the grapple gun and gloves, the glue sprayer, and has the flare launcher strapped to the side.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Riding in with Team B, will scope out the place 3 hours prior. I will stash my mission gear in the panic room I setup at the party building and then go check out the building from a rooftop or something. I'll have all my combat gear in duffel bags. 1st Duffel contains ares alpha with all the ammo listed on the character sheet. All in clips just thrown in there as well as the plastic explosives and detonator caps, covered by an actioneer business suit in the dryclean bag with italian leather shoes and socks on top in a cheap plastic bag from a stuffer shack type joint. Second duffle is for the Aztech Striker and its ammo. Why bring the suit? Change on site into appropriate corporate attire and let me take point/walk the halls while someone else carries my poo poo. Anyone from the security staff who sees someone wearing their uniform even on an unauthorized floor will speak and ask you wtf you are doing before they shoot, and its not unusual to be carrying certain weapons. Weapons on me at that point would be an ares 75 and a ingram smartgun with the magazines tucked into some handmade webbing to hold the magazines on the inside of the suit jacket. Discreet, is professional, and looks good around the time I'm blasting said corpsec guy quietly with the smartgun when he's asking me whose my shift supervisor and why the hell I wasn't at my post.

Once everything goes to hell, I break out the heavy poo poo

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Already, let us do this thing!

AmyL fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Dec 20, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
yo can we get this started please

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Alright, then it is now the day of. You've got your AA poo poo all set up and various hideaways prepped. Let's do both teams simultaneously. You are both at your set-up points, so we are go.

Guard rotation looks normal tonight. Preliminary surveillance shows a van from a cleaning company apparently on the way to the site. If anyone is aware of your plans, they aren't showing it.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Fake SIN on and broadcasting, Mad Dog heads for the front door and gets in line at the security checkpoint, looking behind her to make sure that her teammates were still close. Hopefully the scheduled appointment had held up.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody

Whistling cheerfully, she gets in line several people behind Mad Dog, her own Fake SIN on to show that she is who she is supposed to be. Just another wonderful day...

Hold-out tazer concealed in my left-sleeve jacket, only thing I'm packed with at the moment. Relying on Team B to bring along my Colt along with 5 magazsines of Gel and 5 magazines of regular ammo along with a ballistic-mask of a cat.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Both of you pass easily enough as the guard absently scans your SINs, obviously far more immersed in some AR trid than his repetitive and boring job.

Anyone going through the checkpoint is going to have a similarly easy time, unless you're twirling your gun and snapping photos with your cybereyes, of course.

Make a perception check.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Like the others, Rigged Deck checks in casually with fake SIN broadcasted.

I'm carrying nothing in - my gun with one clip is hidden in my arm, as is my deck.
Perception: 9d6t5 2

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad Dog scans her surroundings and makes a beeline for the elevators.

Perception: 11d6t5 3

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody

Melody spares a cursory glance before moving forward.

http://orokos.com/roll/156409 Perception: 9d6t5 2...

AmyL fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 22, 2013

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean and Capstick sit tight around the block waiting to be given the order from the A team to hop the wall and make their way through the back to the 13th floor. Clean is dressed in workers coveralls and has his duffelbags stashed in an alley near the place (a bunch of men carrying heavy poo poo would look out of place if they were just sitting there+probably spike olfactory sensors that sniffed for gunpowder and explosives)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

The wait before the hunt begins was such pleasurable agony. All the planning and prep behind, only waiting for the break of dawn, or more commonly these days, a coded comlink message. Niles squats quietly in the alley, studying Clean. Behind the flash and pretense there seemed to be a capable and smart runner. His plan seems sound, but the timeline for this run was so compressed, he didn't think a clean job was going to be possible. Part of him relished the idea of what was to come.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Entrance team gets through with no trouble. Mad Dog, you spot a few small spherical drones floating around discretely that no one picked up during intel gathering; probably cameras. Whether they just missed them or if they weren't there at the time, you don't know.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

She turns to Deck with a concerned expression. A mental message is composed and sent to the rest of the team.

[ We've got hover drones around, probably covering the blind spot. Did anyone see those before? ]

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody

Nope, can't stay here, talk about it afterwards. Melody curtly shakes her head, wondering what else they missed or find at the last moment.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

[ Calm down. Go to the waiting room. This is a complication, but I think I can handle it. I need to get into VR first to ensure I access the Host. Team B, watch for floating eyes; they go down easy, but this place will know rather fast that you're here. Oh, and Team A, turn off all wireless connections to illegal devices you're not supposed to have. Team B, to stay silent, do the same or go stealth and hope you have a good enough commlink to cover your rear end.]

As Rigged Deck - now Jihoon Kim - casually makes his way to the waiting room, he begins probing both Host and the drones in AR. He also tries to mentally track the floating eyes to establish their patrol pattern in hopes of finding a weak point or time he can exploit. As he walks in, he begins scanning any nearby devices, looking for any that are slaved to the Host to use as a backdoor.

Matrix: Perception (Host, Drones, devices): 3#10d6t5 4 3 1

Questions for the Host: rating device, firewall stat, attack stat, nearby hidden devices
Questions for the Drones: rating device, firewall stat, icon type (aka: is there a rigger in them?)
Devices: Is it connected to the Host?

There's more then one device and more then one drone - should I roll for all? I only did one to simplify it, since there's no actual penalty to doing infinite Matrix: perception checks save for time.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 22, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ Okay, okay. Going to the waiting room. Let us know if anything goes wrong, please. ]

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I hate the Matrix Perception rules. Let's just play it fast and loose, hackers have enough pressure as it is.

Host: Device rating 10, Firewall rating is 13, Attack is 10, there are three hidden nodes, one that appears to be a central device for drones to communicate with the host, one that appears to manage data connections with commlinks, and one that appears to be some kind of infotainment channel for the company.

Drones: Device rating 4, firewall 10 (apparently slaved to a some central device for the drones, possibly the one you picked up just above), Icon suggests they are running on pilot programs.

Devices: They don't appear to be directly connected to the host. There appear to be devices that act as a hub for multiple devices as a security measure, although the device would likely be slaved to the host.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
To be clear - mostly I'm checking to see if there are regular stationary cameras to go with the floating eyes.
Also, I'm a bit confused - I don't think there's daisy chaining; everything is either unconnected or connected directly to the Host, or I guess connected to mini-servers that would themselves be vulnerable since there isn't daisy chaining.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

I caught your post in the ooc thread. I got it, they'll all slaved to the host. There are also stationary cameras pretty much everywhere, as you would expect there to be in 6th World Korea.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Now in the waiting room, Rigged Deck starts looking around.

[ Look for any devices that would connect to the Host. Cameras are probably out of the question - they'd absolutely spot me - but any loose wires I can probably connect to. I mean physical devices, mind you. If we can't find a backdoor...well. This won't be the first Host I've cracked from the front. ]

Perception: 9d6t5 0

Minjun decides the others can do that, though. God, he's going to be doing all the work as is. Geez guys. Geez. Come on. Do this.

Gonna look for any devices that could act as a backdoor that Minjun could conviniently slump next to. Failing that...WELL. FAILING THAT, LET'S SEE WHAT THIS HOST CAN BRING TO BEAR! I like my odds! They're (slightly) in my favor (from what information I currently have)! I rolled to Grid Hop initially but then thought better of it (since it would start my Overwatch counter) so ignore that roll. Also, a zero! Hooray!

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 22, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia similarly begins to look around, keying her eyes in to highlight electronic devices with a mental command.

[ I can probably cut into some drywall somewhere with my blade, you know. But uh, maybe not out here. Hey Melody, you see any private rooms around? ]

Visual Perception for Devices: 14d6t5 5 aw hell yeah

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 22, 2013

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler

Melody casts her eyes around for something useful, something something while moving forward.

Visual Perception for Devices:9d5 2 Grrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Atlatl posted:

Mad Dog

Amalia similarly begins to look around, keying her eyes in to highlight electronic devices with a mental command.

[ I can probably cut into some drywall somewhere with my blade, you know. But uh, maybe not out here. Hey Melody, you see any private rooms around? ]

Visual Perception for Devices: 14d6t5 5 aw hell yeah

Everything that could serve as a backdoor is also something that is going to be highly visible with a dude slumped next to it with a wire connecting to his head.

...that is, except maybe that little cleaning drone skittering around. It's small enough to pick up, doesn't seem to have any cameras on it, and like all drones, should have a DNI port somewhere on it...

No such luck for Melody or Rigged Deck, but hey, that's why you're on a team.

• Locked thread