Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Looking both ways to make sure that nobody's watching, Mad Dog approaches the drone, picks it up, and marches it back over to the decker.

[ This is a device, right? ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Minjun Young "Rigged Deck"

Rigged puts the drone down, takes some lint out of a pocket, and drops it on the floor. As the drone scurries over to vacuum it up, he pats it affectionately. This also involves plugging in nearly invisible microcable, granted.

Hack on the Fly: Mark Drone: 18d6t5 7
OVERWATCH IS NOW ACTIVE

Rigged stops patting the drone, unplugging as he does so. He can see the telltale ARO of a musical note on the drone's icon - and that same note on the Host around him. He changes his icon into every boring wageslave he's ever seen and walks in, completely casual, the mark denoting him as Totally Belonging Here.

[ I'm in. Team B, what's your status? ]

Rigged leans back and starts to map a straightforward route to the elevator, denoting cameras along the way and setting them up to be edited as they move. He also begins searching for any data on drone patrol routes.

Matrix Search: Drone Patrol: 10d6t5 3
Basically: how many drones will be between us and the elevator, could we time it to avoid their patrols (and if not, how many drones do I have to hack to send them away). Same with cameras - do I roll to edit once, or do I roll constantly until we leave? Rigged is going to edit the cameras so that we don't show up on them; Fork lets me hit two at once. Matrix Search lets me look up data accessed at least occasionally by legit users while in a Host, so no paydata or company secrets. You don't have to answer all of these, please please please feel free to abstract any of it, hahaha!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ (ノ・ェ・)ノ \(・ェ・\) ヘ(・ェ・ヘ) ]

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
[B]Capstick[b/]

Niles removes his comlink and looks at it, puzzled. He taps it gently and puts it back on. "Hey Clean, any idea what that bird was trying to say? Or is my com buggered?"

did I miss a joke?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ ( ・ェ・)ノ : Come on in boys, the water's fine. ]

Amalia takes a seat next to the decker.

[ ( ・ェ・) : Minimap with stuff about security systems should be showing up on AR about now. I'm assuming that means that Deck has the cameras fixed, too. ]

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Melody Natler
Melody strolls on by the group, keeping a casual eye on things.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Atlatl posted:

Mad Dog

Looking both ways to make sure that nobody's watching, Mad Dog approaches the drone, picks it up, and marches it back over to the decker.

[ This is a device, right? ]

Yup. Team B, you're going in through the sewer, right?

Rigged Deck

HotF defense test: 16d6t5 6

You manage to sleaze your mark on the drone, and by proxy, on the host itself.

The security rotodrones appear to be hidden inside wall compartments, and only released when a security alert is issued. The eyeball drones seem to be running on auto-pilot, and possibly getting a command here and there from an RCC. If you hack that, you can tell them all to do whatever you like. I don't want to roll for every camera, so let's just say that your roll to edit them reflects the average time and effort it took for each one. One roll, no need to complicate it. You don't find any particularly juicy data just lying around, but there are a few heavily encrypted bits here and there that could be worth something, if you were willing to take the risk.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
[Waiting for you guys to let us in through the back so we can hop that wall. If security precautions were elevated since last time we'll take an alternate approach]

Sewer to GET IN to the S-K Building? is that even an option if so we'd prob take it but hate it.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Mr. Clean
[Waiting for you guys to let us in through the back so we can hop that wall. If security precautions were elevated since last time we'll take an alternate approach]

Sewer to GET IN to the S-K Building? is that even an option if so we'd prob take it but hate it.

Someone mentioned it awhile back in the ooc thread, but no one followed up. I was just checking. It is an option, though, as the building does have plumbing, and must have a connection to the sewer. Now, whether or not it is large enough for a metahuman to access is a different story, but Capstick would have noticed it during his staking of the sewers.

Cap, if you care, do a quick perception check to see if you noticed a way in.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Edge: 4/5
How about I do it for you instead since Cap recorded his stakeout with his cybereyes last I checked. I'd have time to review it.
Perception Visual/Enhanced (Push The Limit): 17d6t5: 8
Rule of Six: 4d6t5: 0

8 hits should have you covered.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

Sorry, was at the DMV all morning, I think the sewers would be a fine way to get in if we can.
I am fine with taking Clean's roll if that is ok. I wish there was a way to set up an alert for a specific thread.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

[ This host might have some data worth a nuyen or two, but it'll be risky. I'll look into it once we're set on 13. I'll start interlaying and editing the cameras...]

Programs: Stealth changed to Edit
Edit File (forked) vs Intuition/Firewall (No Host stats): 13d6t5 1
Paying Edge to reroll failures + Rule of 6
Edged Reroll: 12d6h5+1 6
Whew, hit the Limit! Glad I switched my program!

[...Now. Team B, Team A, we should be good. Avoid the drones if you can; I can't hit the drones AND keep a steady edit on the cameras going at the same time. If need be I can try to jump the drones into leaving patrol but that'll be a bit more obvious. Puppy, Mel, can you spot any holes in the drone's patrol we can use? ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ ( ・ェ・) : dis my dog face ]
[ Yeah, I'll take a look. ]

Rather than continue to nervously spam the group's comm channel with dumb messages, Amalia decides to channel her energy into something more productive. She taps Deck on the shoulder. "I'll be back in a second." She stuffs her hands in her pockets and walks off as if she were merely looking for the restroom. After a cursory check to make sure she wasn't being observed by guards or drones, she heads for the back door to let the rest of the team in when the timing is right.

[ I'll be at the back door to let you in, go ahead and come over. ]

Visual Perception for Movement: 14d6t5 7
Stealth for Movement: 10d6t5 4
operation sneaky sneak is go

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mr. Clean

There was an emergency access hatch down there that may have led into this building, judging by the positioning. It looked pretty solid, probably locked up pretty tight.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Camera defense against Edit: 10d6t5 3

No problem, the cameras are now your bitches.

Mad Dog

The hallway you're in seems pretty deserted. There is a camera, but Rigged Deck should have that under control by now. You make your way to the back, noting a door with what looks like a biometric lock that according to the map, should lead to the basement area. The back door is locked, but from the inside, with a manually controlled lock that is easy enough to punch open. This is probably where deliveries are taken, so security isn't insanely tight.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ Hurry, you're clear! ]

Mad Dog pops the door open and waves to the others.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 24, 2013

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Stealth checks for everyone running in to the door.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler

Melody waits a few seconds, then casually makes her way to where Mad Dog has wandered off to., trying hard not to nervously crack her knuckles or flex her fingers.. Calm, act natural, so what if the West Coast run was mucked up. Keep calm, keep calm, keep an eye on what is going on here.

Visual Perception for Movement 9d6t5 3
Edit: Someone explained to me that I didn't need to roll for stealth there so......

AmyL fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 24, 2013

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

Sneaking in the back door: 16d6t5 4

Niles triggers the stealth suit and slips into the back door.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Capstick

Perception check for drone against Niles: 10d6t5 4

You swear for a moment there that one of the eyeball drones caught you, but after a tense few seconds, it continues peacefully on its way.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

What are the ceilings like in here? Do they look like they will bear my weight?

[I'm in. Rigged, can you make sure this door can't be locked behind us? Or failing that spoof the censors and I can give the lock a shot of glue to jam it.]

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Capstick
Edge 4/5

What are the ceilings like in here? Do they look like they will bear my weight?

This is state-of-the-art material in the 2070's. It would hold your car with no trouble.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

[ Not while I'm editing these cameras. This is a bit of a full time thing. Besides, it's unlocked from our side, unless you have some kinda friend en route? Either way, I doubt this is going to be our exit. ]

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

Niles activates the gecko gloves and attaches himself to the ceiling. Once settled he waits for Clean to follow him in.

[I figured they might have away to auto close it if the building goes into lock down and I rather prefer as many potential exits as possible but understand you might be a tad busy]

The Bible posted:

This is state-of-the-art material in the 2070's. It would hold your car with no trouble.

Some kinda cyber-drop-ceiling? ;)

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Some kinda cyber-drop-ceiling? ;)

Well, notice that I just said it can hold you, not that it has hand-holds built on. You gotta provide those yourself.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

[ Not while I'm editing these cameras. This is a bit of a full time thing. Besides, it's unlocked from our side, unless you have some kinda friend en route? Either way, I doubt this is going to be our exit. ]

On that note, are you staying in the lobby to hack, or do you plan on hiding someplace else/going with the team?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
When we go to the elevator, I'm going with; they need my Hardware to get that processor out, after all! For now I'm still in the lobby but still in AR.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ Maybe there's a door stop somewhere that we can glue in??? ]

Visual Perception for Door Stop???: 14d6t5 4

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Clean
Edge: 3/5
[Moving] Mr. Clean comms as he grabs his duffelbags and hops the wall and slips into the side door. Once he's in he drops one duffel quietly to the floor and changes out into his black business suit, being careful to make sure the dry cleaning receipt and all the plastic stays in the duffel. Once he's dressed up and good to go, he slots his earbuds in and sets his fake SIN to transmit him as corpsec op H.K. Schultz. "How do I look?" Mr. Clean says back to Melody as he chambers a round into his pistol.

Sneaking Test (PUSH THE LIMIT) 15d6t5: 5
RULE OF SIX 2d6t5: 1
RULE OF SIX...again 1d6t5: 0

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Melody Natler

"Like a million untraceable somethings," Melody grabs her stuff smuggled in, planting her mask in her purse and her pistol loaded with gel rounds in her other arm-sleeve.

[Remember, subtle. Let us make a good impression.]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad Dog similarly takes her gear off the cart and secures it to the webbing on the inside of her peacoat.

[ Hey Deck, we're all in. ]

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Rigged Deck joins the others and starts taking out his ammo.

[ Right, I've been thinking of the plan, and I'm thinking it's a bit too convoluted. Spoofing commlinks that likely are not even connected to the Host, hoping they accept a distraction, setting up camera illusions, and all that...way too much can go wrong. So here's what I'm thinking. We take the elevator up. I mess with their camera so security doesn't see us. And for their communications... ]

He holds up his jammer.

[ It'll be a bit touch and go, but they're not going to say a word to security, and if we're fast I can steal their comms and respond so the Spiders never know the difference. Stick to stun if you can; if we flatline them it might show up on their biometrics, and nothing makes a corp angrier then having to pay for bodies. Corpses cost a lot, you know. ]

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Guys? We all headed to the elevator here, then?

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

I am willing to go on to the elevator, provided it does not lead to a deathtrap.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Unless anyone objects, that's the idea. We take the elevator up, jam communications, disable the guards, disable the ELEVATUS, grab the Go Board and processor, I erase our SIN data from the Host, we blow the window and rappel out.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Sounds good to me, assuming you think anyone is going to buy Niles as being a security guy. He could always take the stairs, assuming there are some and you can get the doors open. That way he could prep the charge on the window and set good anchor points for the escape.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

bunnielab posted:

Sounds good to me, assuming you think anyone is going to buy Niles as being a security guy. He could always take the stairs, assuming there are some and you can get the doors open. That way he could prep the charge on the window and set good anchor points for the escape.

poo poo, I knew I forgot something. Yeah, there are stairs.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sure lets take the elevator.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ok, everybody heads to the elevator. A camera drone drifting by pauses for a moment on your group, but with no real reason to suspect anyone of anything, it continues on its merry way. loving dog brains, useless for anything but evidence after the fact.

You pile into the elevator and are greeted with an AR display requesting your desired location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ Deck, you press the buttons. You're a hacker. ]

• Locked thread