Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

She was busy running gun drills in the comfort of her pajamas when the message came through. Her handler had finally figured out what to do with her! It had been a few months without work, but better late than never. Barely able to contain her excitement, she begins rattling out a message in response.

[ Yes sir! I'll be there on time. You won't regret this! ]

Just before she sends it off, the thought crosses her mind that maybe her employer was a woman and that this would be a quick way to start off on the wrong foot. Did people even confirm receipt around here? After a few moments of careful consideration, she deletes the message and instead decides to vent her excess energy on Stitches.

[ I GOT A JOB!!! XD ]

The meet couldn't come quick enough.

~

A good 15 minutes prior to the designated meeting time, Amalia rolls up to the Tranny Troll on her brightly colored scooter. She hops off, fixes her little black armored pea coat and sets her cybereyes' appearance to a normal setting, save for bright purple irises. She heads for the door with all sensory systems on high settings, carefully making note of any scent of dangerous chemicals or gunpowder that wasn't her own. Hopefully this wasn't too violent of a place.

Starting Money: 7 x 60 = 420 so 2,410 cash on hand. I've got four shot shells loaded in my arm and two extra mags, one with slugs and the other with shot. Using Olfactory Boosters and sniffing out for things like chemical grenades or guns, 5 Perception + 6 INT + 4 Boosters [4 Mental] = 5 hits, limited to 4.

pre:
A Resources
B Attributes
C Skills 
D Human (3)
E Magic

Name: Amalia Russo
Streetname: "Mad Dog"

BOD: 3      Init: 13 + 3d6
AGI: 5      Body: 12
REA: 5 (7)  Stun: 9
STR: 3      
CHA: 2          
INT: 6       Limits:
LOG: 2         Mental   - 4
WIL: 2         Physical - 6
EDG: 5	       Social   - 3
Essence 1.35
*8 AGI and 4 STR for arms

Qualities (0 karma)
Ambidextrous [4]
Quick Healer [3]
Bad Rep [-7]
   Jose Russo is quite vocal in his complaints about Amalia and her tendencies as 
   an overeager idiot and an obnoxious chatterbox. Word gets around quickly when
   you're the son of a famous boss.

Skills (C 28/2 + 10 karma)
Athletics Group    2
   Running, Swimming, Gymnastics
Longarms           6 (Shotguns)
Sneaking           5
Perception         5
Unarmed Combat     4 (Cyberweapons)
Pistols            2
Artisan            1 (Cooking)
Etiquette          1 (Street)
Con                1 (2 karma)
Tracking           1 (2 karma)
Pilot Ground Craft 1 (2 karma)
First Aid          1 (2 karma)
Cybertechnology    1 (2 karma)

Knowledge skills (16 free) (All at +2 from Mnemonic Enhancers)
Italian            N
English            2         (INT - Language)
Korean             2         (INT - Language)
Spanish            1         (INT - Language)
Japanese           1         (INT - Language)
Cantonese          1         (INT - Language)
Organized Crime    2 (Mafia) (INT - Street)
Security Procedure 2         (LOG - Professional)
Medicine           1         (LOG - Academic)
Opera              1         (INT - Interest)
Drama Trids        1         (INT - Interest)
Catholicism        1         (LOG - Academic)

Contacts (15 karma + 6 free):
Stitches - 3 connection / 4 loyalty – Street Doc. 
   A young surgical nurse at the local 'wares clinic who happens to have very strong 
   convictions about helping anyone in need. She's probably the closest thing Amalia
   has to a friend in the area, and the two often meet for lunch at a corner cafe.

Mr. Song - 5 connection / 2 loyalty - Jopok Underboss.
   Mr. Song is the kind of guy who likes to stay subtle and play the politics game. As 
   such, he really has no idea what to do with the enforcer that he has suddenly found 
   himself playing handler for.

Matilda - 4 connection / 3 loyalty - Fence.
   Matty is a British expat who works as a warehouse manager during the day. Rumor has
   it that she used to be a supply officer for the British Army, but got the boot after
   losing one too many important shipments.

Resources (450,000):
Wares:
Synaptic Booster 2				190k	1 ess
2x Obvious Full Arm Cyberlimbs   		30k	2 ess [15 slots each]
	2x Custom (AGI 6 + STR 4)               40k
	2x Agility Enhancement 2		26k	2x[2]
           Right Arm:
	      Cyber Shotgun 			8.5k	[10]
              External Clip Port                1k      [1]
	      Silencer 				1k	[2]
           Left Arm:
              Cyber Spur                        5k      [3]
              Cyberarm Gyro Mount               6k      [8]
Rating 3 Cybereyes				10k	.4 ess [12 slots]
   Smartlink                                    4k      [3]
   Image Link                                   Included
   Low Light Vision                             1.5k    [2]
   Rating 3 Vision Enhancement                  12k     [3]
   Thermographic Vision                         1.5k    [2]                              
   Vision Magnification                         2k      [2]
Rating 2 Cyberears                              6k      .3 ess [8 slots]
   Spacial Recognizer                           4k      [2]
   Damper                                       2.25k   [1]
Rating 2 Mnemonic Enhancers			18k	.2 ess
Sleep Regulator					12k	.1 ess
Rating 4 Olfactory Boosters			16k	.2 ess
Implanted Commlink                              7k      .2 ess
Rating 3 Internal Air Tank                      13.5k   .25 ess
----------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 						417.25k	4.65 ess

Armor:
Chameleon Suit              1,700
Actioneer Business Clothes  1,500
   Nonconductivity 2          500
   Chemical Protection 2      500
Armor Jacket                1,000
   Nonconductivity 4        1,000
   Chemical Protection 2      500
   Fire Resistance 2          500
Helmet                        200
   (With ballistic face mask fashioned after a dog)
High-Fashion Sunglasses       100

Ammo:
100 Shotgun Shells (Shot)     200
100 Shotgun Shells (Slugs)    200
10  Stick-n-Shock              80
2   Smoke Grenades             80

Electronics:
Transys Avalon         (Implanted)
4x Meta Links                 400
Subvocal mic                   50

ID:
Rating 4 Fake SIN          10,000 (Amalia De Luca)
Rating 4 'Wares License     1,000

Rating 1 Fake SIN           2,500 (Eulalia Ricci)

Gear:
Miniwelder                    250
10x Rating 6 Stim Patches   1,500
Rating 6 Medkit             1,500

1 Month Low Lifestyle       2,000
DODGE SCOOT                 3,000

1,990 leftover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Her first order of business upon entering such a fine establishment is to frown and turn down the sensitivity of her cyberears. The second? Feeling wildly out of place. She makes her way towards the bar, increasingly self-aware of how little she could relate with the club's patrons. The boss always insisted that his bodyguards be sober, so Amalia had never really taken up heavy drinking, loud music, or recreational drugs. She practically has to climb to get onto one of the bar stools and proceeds to give the bartender a very lost look.

"Hey, can I get a, uh... You got cranberry juice?"

"What?"

Oh yeah, volume. Amalia pipes up. "Cranberry juice, please!"

This was going to be a long meet.

Speaking Korean: 10d6t5 5, limited to 4.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Yeah!" Amalia follows the bartender's critical gaze to the guy in the jumpsuit next to her. Weird. "Is there a back room or something here that I'm supposed to be at?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Hell yeah, that's what I like to hear!" She chirps as she hops down off of her mountain of a seat and heads for the back. It should be easy enough to find. With a wave of her hand, a ten nuyen tip shows up in the bartender's virtual jar. "Thanks!"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Oh hey, there you are!" She walks up to the troll with a friendly wave and follows him down, her drink still in her left hand. What a lovely personality! "Yeah yeah yeah, understood."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Sounds good to me," she responds in English, her accent fairly noticeable despite her rapid pace. "Though I would much prefer we go somewhere else. So food or drinks or both or what? Oh, if you're feeling cheap and like Italian or Korean, I'm a pretty good cook! Or passable, at the very least. I don't really have much of a kitchen at my place though, so we'd need to find a place with a good one. Then we'd need groceries too, I guess." She remembers to breathe. "Or maybe we won't have any time for this if it's a really time sensitive or short-notice job, y'know? I guess we'll find out soon enough."

Amalia offers him her free hand. "Name's Mad Dog, by the way."

Speak English: 10d6t5 3

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 11, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Clean!" She takes his hand with a smile. "No no no no no, no need for concern, I'm not actually crazy or anything, it was just a silly little derogatory name because my boss's son didn't really like me much so he'd always say I was as stupid and hyper as a little dog and it wound up sticking. I don't really care for it myself but it's better than some of the other handles people wind up with, from what I've seen at least. Better than using my real name for work."

"Hey nice to meet you, too!" She shakes Capstick's hand without missing a beat. "Yeah yeah, you got it. You don't speak Korean? Ouch, rough. Don't worry though, I can translate!"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

The familiar-looking decor is a happy surprise until the guy who owns it ruins the mood by opening his mouth. Doll? Who does this rear end in a top hat think he is? Had this not been called in as a favor of some sort, she would be leaving right now. Instead she just sits there fidgeting in place, fuming as he goes around the rest of the table. She remains silent when he asks for questions. The less she asked, the sooner they would be out of there.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Her response is immediate. "Yes."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia snatches up the credstick, shoves it in her pocket, and marches straight out the door, being sure to shove anyone out of the way that happens to get in between her and the exit. Once outside, she perches herself on her scooter and tries to find something on the matrix to distract her while she waits for her colleagues to leave.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"The plan is do the job so we can get back here and I can punch Kim in his smug loving face," she rants, clearing out all her AR windows with a wave of her hand. "I mean, seriously. Doll? Who the hell does he think he is? rear end in a top hat."

She crosses her arms and grunts angrily. "I dunno, maybe case the place out and see if we can get the decker hooked up somewhere? We gotta make sure it's actually on the 13th floor since I get the feeling this guy's got some bum intel because he's an idiot. If it has some sort of weird material that's got a big heat signature or scent to it, then I should be able to hunt it down pretty quick. Maybe someone make sure they don't have a bunch of wage mages and spirits hovering around? That might give it away, too."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Sure, I'll go with you and check it out. Tomorrow I'm thinking about a daytime walk through during lunch when it's easy to get lost in the crowd. Maybe we can figure out how lax the guards are, or maybe see if a smash and grab is feasible."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"... Let's not do that."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Eh, I could use something to eat," she says with a shrug. "Sorry Cap, don't want to blow my security camera debut on some night scouting. Keep us updated on what you see, though."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I'm used to dealing with bad streets. So where's this fancy VIP place you had in mind, Clean?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Let's go to 65 and get this plan figured out.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I'm down to spend money to get somewhere close.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I don't see any reason we can't just get a private room or something," she says with a shrug.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Alright, so maybe it's just me being dumb, but I don't really see a way of getting this thing out quietly. It's big and will probably bring a whole bunch of stuff down when we pull it out. So do you guys want to go in quiet and come out loud, or go loud all the way? I could care less either way, I could probably put on some nice clothes and walk right in with the help of a fake security badge on my commlink or whatever. Deck here can do that, right?" She raises her eyebrows at the decker, hoping that he'll confirm her assumption.

"I mean hell, Clean and I could probably pull off that entrance without too much fuss. I have no idea about getting out, though. I figure something with explosives and shooting and all that fun stuff that usually happens when things go bad. Also, I have never used explosives and have no idea what to do with them so, uh... Someone else want to chime in here? I've got no idea what I'm talking about. I can call some people I know if we need stuff, though. Just let me know."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Yeah yeah, got your back," she replies to the decker. "While he's doing that, I'm gonna text some folks and see what's immediately available as far as explosives go. This is all just in case Kim doesn't get us the stuff himself."

She sits on the edge of a table and mentally composes a short message to her boss.

Mad Dog posted:

Hey sir, just wondering if you either have some explosives or cutting charges or something on hand. I'm gonna need some for that job I'm rented out for. If you don't have any, know anyone that would? Thanks in advance.
The second one goes out to Matilda.

Mad Dog posted:

Hey Matty, you got any demolitions readily available? I was just wondering if you had anything you could get to me within three days.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"If we can somehow manage to get in undetected, I'd say to go for the bonus money. I'd imagine that having too many people crowding in for the main objective can't be good, so we could always have someone else go for the secondary objective at the same time. Or we could check out the office and see if we can get a clue to the part's location that way." She shrugs. "Oh yeah, I got a response. Who's our explosives guy and what do you need? You know, just in case Kim doesn't approve our request."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia accepts Clean's AR invite and scoffs when he mentions her last name in passing. Looks like the guy had some good intel from somewhere. "Sounds good to me, but what are we planning on doing if they have some sort of tracker attached to the part? Should we get a tag eraser or one of those chicken-wire cages or what? And what about magical tracking? Not that I can do anything about all that, I'm just bringing it up. Also, custodial might be better. We can show up at night and not stand out too much. Just gotta find their entrance. And besides, most security staff will be familiar with each other, so we might get busted right away even if our IDs are all clear."

She levels a finger at Mr. Clean momentarily. "Oh yeah, you never answered my question. What sort of boomy stuff do you need? You might as well try and get a grenade launcher or whatever if you're going to be overwatch once things get loud, anyways. Oh yeah, make a list for Kim and send it off, if you don't mind. See what he's cool with getting us. All I really want added for me is a sniper rifle, but I don't know if I'll use it since I'll be on the inside team. Eh, ask for it anyways. I don't feel bad for wasting that guy's money. Oh yeah, maybe some shock gloves and coveralls?"

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Her expression brightens up considerably. "We should all get themed ballistic masks! Or at least some sort of masks to conceal our faces at some point. I've got a dog-looking one already, so you guys should get different animals or something!"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"If you say so," she responds to Clean with a shrug. "Security it is, then. See if you can arrange the outfits for us, alright? Thanks."

She rattles out a message to Matty while she listens to Capstick.

Mad Dog posted:

Here, I got something.

"Get me a couple kilos of military grade plastique and... I'm going to need a aztech striker with AV rockets and a external smartgun rig, thermographic vision mod. If you can snag me guided missiles, even better."

Get me a quote and I'll send the dosh your way if we go with that.

"Speaking of sewers, I'm pretty handy in close quarters. If we get down there then we'll have a pretty big advantage."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia raises her hand timidly. "I've got a nice one, I guess. I'm not too eager to burn it, but if I'm headed on the inside then I'll take it. I'm just not too sure about the whole, uh..." She waves a hand in the air as she tries to come up with words. "Whole being sociable without being suspicious part. I can get nervous with words when I'm working a job, you know?" She shrugs and rubs an arm self-consciously. "Blitz, you can help handle that stuff, right?"

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 23, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia eyeballs the newcomer suspiciously. "We're walking in," she states unenthusiastically. "She's cool, right Clean?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"I don't know about all that SIN stuff, but I'm down for crashing the gates with group one," Amalia chimes in, mashing a fist into her palm for emphasis. "I like the plan. Anyone know if we're missing anything? It sounds solid to me."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad Dog massages her temples as the list goes on. "Fuuuuuucccckkkk."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

She grips both temples with her hands and pulls down in exasperation. "Fuuuuuucccckkkk!" It takes a few seconds to calm down, parse over everything that could go wrong, and figure out what would be a good option. "Alright, how about you spring an alarm on a level we're not on, then shut down the elevator? Maybe pull a fire alarm somewhere? I know we kinda don't want investigators in there, but I figure someone will eventually find the giant gaping hole where one of their big things used to be. You could just make things really chaotic and lead them on a wild goose chase."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Yeah, I like that! I'll go Team A since I've got my guns," she flexes facetiously, "and I can sniff out everything and make sure we don't smell like gunpowder or explosives or whatever. If they have heavy scanners and stuff, then I guess I'll only have the four shells in my arm and my sword. Otherwise I'll bring in some spare mags in case everything gets all broke dick. So which group is everyone else going with?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

"Pff. Corgi?" Amalia chews her lower lip and narrows her eyes at Melody as she tries to figure out if that was some sort of strange slight. She gives up as soon as more gear comes to mind. "How about grapple guns, stealth rope, and the little stick things that go with them that make them disintegrate?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Here's what I want in addition to what's on the list:

20x Stick n Shock for Shotgun
2x Extra Mags for arm
1x Pair of Rappelling Gloves (never have enough)
1x Tag Eraser

Probably going to have just 4x Stick n Shock in my arm and then have the smuggling team come in the back with the tag eraser and loaded mags just so I have more ammo if things go down.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

The Bible posted:

Could be interesting. I'm super busy tomorrow, but I could make the time. I'd like to get everyone else's thoughts on this, since I don't want to bore them. We could do a number of separate runs. Matrix, physical, astral, which could be run all at the same time even with the group split. Let me know what you think, all.

I would prefer having you run everything at once just to keep people posting.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
uh we're all in wildly different timezones I think, so I'm not sure how that'll work out. give a timezone and I'll see if I can be there

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Gonna show up with Team A at the planned 30 minutes before the meeting. 4x Stick n Shock loaded in the shotgun arm. Got the armored jacket too. I'll have Team B bring in my dog helmet/ballistic mask and four mags of shotgun ammo, 2 with stick n shock, 1 with shot, and 1 with slugs.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
yo can we get this started please

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Fake SIN on and broadcasting, Mad Dog heads for the front door and gets in line at the security checkpoint, looking behind her to make sure that her teammates were still close. Hopefully the scheduled appointment had held up.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Mad Dog scans her surroundings and makes a beeline for the elevators.

Perception: 11d6t5 3

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

She turns to Deck with a concerned expression. A mental message is composed and sent to the rest of the team.

[ We've got hover drones around, probably covering the blind spot. Did anyone see those before? ]

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

[ Okay, okay. Going to the waiting room. Let us know if anything goes wrong, please. ]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Mad Dog

Amalia similarly begins to look around, keying her eyes in to highlight electronic devices with a mental command.

[ I can probably cut into some drywall somewhere with my blade, you know. But uh, maybe not out here. Hey Melody, you see any private rooms around? ]

Visual Perception for Devices: 14d6t5 5 aw hell yeah

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 22, 2013

• Locked thread