Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

OC posted:

Lets get this out of the way:
Starting Money: 3d6*60 300+ 945 left over leaves me with 1245. I guess I do need to take some work.

Niles closes the message and leans back on his cot. Jobs like this were never good. People never understood the difference between a hunter and a guard. But due to his hasty departure from Bangkok, funds were needed immediately. He stood up and began to prep his gear.

Niles is going to head over to the club in the morning/evening before the meet. First, wearing a loose coverall over his stealth suit he will walk around the place and look for entrances and exits, paying special attention to anything above the first floor. He is particularly looking for a way for himself to enter unnoticed and possible escape routes if things go bad. Then he moves out of sight into an alley and removes the coveralls and activates the stealthsuit. He then takes to the roof tops, looking for a place with a good vantage point overlooking the entrance. He will spend the day there watching people flow in and out, trying to get a sense of who belongs and who is coming for the meet.

Depending on what his scouting reveals, he is shooting to arrive in the main room of the bar at exactly the stated time, preferebly through a litte use entrance.

In public he almost always leaves the coveralls on and to this meet he has brought his B&E gear and a pair of Trama and Stim patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OC posted:

Ok, I assume this is too vague of a search for my specialization to kick in?

scouting the meet: 8d6t5 4

Niles arrives on scent and begins looking around, half way through the day his comlink pulses faintly, his reminder to eat some protein paste and sip some water. His excitement begins to build, but he chokes it back, No, this isn't a hunt, but maybe it will lead to something worth doing, or at the least, some needed money.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

You notice the floor above the club appears to be vacant, and not particularly well secured.

You could probably just bash out a window. Or, if you want to NOT go to jail, probably jimmy open a lock, if you really wanted to.

Go ahead and make a sneaking and climbing check for me as well, to see if anyone sees you scaling the building. Since you're climbing a building, I'm willing to let you use your parkour skill in place of climbing.

OC posted:

Sneaking into meet: 16d6t5 5
Forgot to add description, my climbing roll:
http://orokos.com/roll/147982: 19d6t5 6

I really wish the awful app let you preview posts

Niles slips into the alley, removes and stows his coveralls, and turns on the suit. The shock fur bristles up and then his form begins to blur and shift. He deftly scampers and jumps onto the building and makes his way carefully into the empty floor, his eyes shifting in and out of thermo, looking for threats. Once in he freezes in a crouch, listening for any disturbance.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Alright, we're all here and we're all headed in, it would seem.

Niles
You're able to find a way to get into the bar from the second floor. I'll just assume you're stalking around until you announce yourself to the group.

Capstick

OC posted:

Damm, spotted by one hit!

Niles will put the coveralls back on and slip down into the club exactly at the meet time. If it is an ambush over the Bangkok business, he wants his attackers as on edge as possible without being late so as not to offend Mr Kim.

I am assuming I didn't notice anyone coming in who looked too out of place, Niles heads to the bar, gets a drink, the closest thing to neat gin that they have, and looks around for anyone else who doesn't seem to fit in.

Appearance-wise, Niles is about 5'11" and is of slim build. He is wearing a loose fitting pair of coveralls with a plastic zipper from neck to crotch. His hair and beard are short and scraggly, like someone who has forgotten to shave for a week. His hands are clearly cyber, the metal a dull gray. His feet are more like that of a bird, three toes ending on pads. Observing him unnoticed, his expression is blank and while he is constantly looking around, his gaze seems to be far far away.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

The bartender grunts.

"Yeah, in the back. Boss is real rear end in a top hat. Good pay though, easy to make happy, more money than sense."

Capstick

Can I use my hearing aug to overhear any of this? If so, I will wait a few moments, then follow her into the back.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OC posted:

Hah, I forgot about a language check. Hope Mr Kim speaks English or Japanese! Can comlinks do any translation?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Name's Capstick. He extends a hand, which is clearly cyber, colored a dull gray. I assume that troll was telling us to follow him?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

The Bible posted:

"I will be direct. A client of mine requires a very hard to find item. Quite simply, my hope is that you will be able to acquire it. The job is simple, although I do not expect it to be easy. I am prepared to offer you 4,000 nuyen each to find a way to reach it and return it to me. Resistance is expected, and will likely be most formidable."

Kim stands up, adjusting his suit, and proceeds to walk slowly around the table, pausing as he speaks to each of you.

"Capstick, is it? Best I don't know your real name, seeing as you aren't really here, and we aren't really talking. You have a reputation for tenacity. It is my hope that your talent for violence will speed your progress though any obstacles.

Mr Kim, I acknowledge the labels of speed and tenacity but wish to make clear your point about violence. I am a hunter, not a butcher. A slaughter of lambs in a pen holds no interest for me. I do not presume to dictate the manner you conduct your business, but must express my reservations if I am to accept your job in the absence of specifics. Niles nods respectfully when he is finished

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

The Bible posted:

Capstick

Kim pauses, considering your words.

"Yes, I respect differences between hunting and simply slaughtering. I apologize if I insulted your sense of honor, I meant no such slight. The fact is, finding the object will not be as simple as breaking into the building and grabbing it. The location of it is a guarded secret. My hope is that your instincts will be helpful to the team in tracking it down once you are inside."

I apologize if my statement caused worry, that was not my intent. Any man that recognizes this distinction is someone I would be honored to work for. Sadly there are many men in this world, especially in our field, whom have no concept of honor. I have found that by stating my reservations at the onset, I can avoid any issues that may arise later.

As for special equipment, once we receive a full briefing on the task you have offered us we can give you an informed list of assets we would require. Personally, as a newcomer to this troubled country, I would be most grateful for a contact with a skilled and reputable surgeon skilled cybernetic enhancements. Basic maintenance I can perform myself but an introduction to a skilled master would be most helpful. Niles nods again to signal he is done. He takes a large sip of his glass of gin, this is the literally longest conversation he has had in weeks.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OC posted:

Oh lord, spend some essence, otherwise we might as well apply for barback gigs here

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Niles nods in agreement, pleased that Mage was able to get our fee doubled.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Depending on what the other buildings in the area are like, we can try and find an spot to conduct surveillance of the building. I am working on a list of equipment I need, but most of it will come once we get eyes on the building. If no one objects, I am going to head over now and get a feel for the area and look around for a good vantage point we can work from.

On the way I want to go through the info Mr Kim provided, is it just the address or is there more useful info? As for equipment, I want to find a light frame pack I can wear to transport the unit (and the go board) out of the building in. I want something that lets me have as most freedom of movement as possible. Ideally I could get it covered in soft armor to protect the package but failing that I want to pick up a vest and just wrap the unit in that. Niles is strong enough to carry both targets without any issue and mobile enough get the hell out of Dodge once he has his hands on them.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

I prefer to move on foot.

turning to Blitz I can watch over you while you project. I will contact you once I have found a suitable location. What do you weigh?

if there is time, I want to head home to grab all my climbing gear, my large medikit, and my gun. I keep it all in a bag that I can drop when it is jumping and stabbing time

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Niles decides discretion is the better part of valor and heads to the club to join the others. On the way he sends them the pictures and a description of what he has seen. He keeps the stuff about the sewers and love hotel to himself for now.

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 16, 2013

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

OC posted:

I have a gig at like 6am tomorrow and will not be able to post until tomorrow evening I think. I can try to make roll around lunchtime if need be.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Would you mind terrible if I just rolled for you? Nothing crazy (should) happen during a routine casing.

Not at all. If edge is regained between scenes then I would use it for general perception rolls and would burn it to not totally cock up.

I will be checking the thread and can make short posts but can't sit down and c/p rolls without 6 carpenters staring at me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Capstick

As the others head off to do some planning, you head off in the direction of the building.

You arrive about 20 minutes later in a well-off commercial district of Seoul. Tall buildings tower across the skyline, each guarded by thick concrete barriers and steel gates, giving the impression of a concrete maze. Finding your destination is hard enough even with AR, no telling how anyone did it before it was even invented.

Your building is, sure enough, heavily guarded by thick steel gates, 4 meter walls and a manned security booth with tinted windows. You can't see in, but you better believe they can see out. A security camera is mounted directly to the left of the gate, and periodically swivels to the right, keeping a close eye on any elements that could be a threat. Razor wire lines the top of the fence. If this place is as rich as it looks, you bet it is probably also electrified.

Climbing looks to be possible, if not extremely dangerous, but then again, safety-minded people don't often become runners, do they?

Everyone else

This is Seoul. Finding cheap digs near your target of virtually any kind you want is piss easy. Pick a place and it's yours for just 500 nuyen a night.

OC posted:

Early morning posting.

Niles is specifically looking for any thing out of huge ordinary, specifically looking for alternate entrances to the building. He is also looking for any adjacent buildings taller then the target that might be less secure. Other then that, just looking for anything that fells off about the visible security.

Rolling perception, using edge.

Scouting the target building: 13d6h5 6

Nice.

Also want to call Eddy about locating a bolthole in case I/we need to lay low in a hurry after the job. I don't think we ever went over the details of getting the packages to Mr Kim so I really want a secure hideout.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

Capstick

Good roll.

23:30

Around the side of the building is a second gate and guardhouse. The gate here is considerably wider than the first, and from what you can see beyond the wall, leads to what looks like a loading dock. Several trucks are parked, but no one appears to be doing anything with them at the moment.

You also find a narrow alley in the back. It would appear that maintenance pays less attention to this area, as the razorwire is matted with birdnest and there appear to be no security cameras focusing on this spot. You also see a good amount of gang related graffiti (Korean language check if you care to read it), which notably does not appear on any other section of the wall. The alleyway is just narrow enough that you could probably shimmy up the wall to get a peek of the other side.

Awesome. Niles is going to take a ton of pictures and send them back to the team.

I do believe he will take a peak over the wall. I don't know if there are any modifiers but here are straight rolls:

Sneaking:
Sneaking a look over the fence: 16d6t5 4
Climbing:
Climbing the wall: 17d6t5 3

Depending on what I see will determine my next move. Niles feels obliged to join them for dinner but all his instincts want him to continue the hunt.

Eddy posted:

Eddy
"Always the fuckin' night owl, I see. Glad to hear you ain't dead yet.

Let's see, places to hide out while the heat dies down. Well, it's Seoul. You probly ain't gonna like this, but the sewers are beyond ancient and nobody fuckin' goes down there for anything. You'll probably run into some nasty wildlife down there, but probably nothing worse than what's going to be chasing you if poo poo gets bad enough to go down there in the first place. They stink like poo poo, though, but that's probably reasonable, considering. I hear rumors that they didn't get all the bugs back in '55, but that's probly just a loada poo poo. Watch yourself anyway.

You might also try them love hotels if you got a little more time to dick around. I like 'em, and ain't no one ever caught me. Check in with a machine, dark hallways, shrouded parking lots, black tinted windows on both sides, anonymous as they get. Course, they're supposed to be used for fuckin', but I figure if you don't tell, they don't ask."

Good show mate. Not sure what is worse, a sewer full of bugs or a brothel full of women who would gently caress you. I will be in touch as this thing develops, thanks as allways and if you need a fright put into a competitor you know who to call. Cheers.

OC posted:

gently caress awful

bongwizzard fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 15, 2013

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Niles decides discretion is important here and heads off to join the others. He sends them all the images he took and a description of what he saw. For now he keeps the sewer and love hotel stuff to himself and keeps an eye open for both as he leaves the target site.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

Niles arrives after a suitable amount of time has passed. Looking at the crowd lined up outside the club, he is relived to see that for once he might fit in enough to use the front entrance. Still, he spends a minute walking around the building looking for an other entrance/exit. Never know if one will have to leave in a hurry and the front door is compromised. Having satisfied his paranoia, he enters the club, gets a glass of nest gin, and joins the others in their private room.

I have some ideas on how to pull off the exfiltration (it involves a small explosive and 75m of rope) but getting inside without fuss is not really Niles' wheelhouse. I do like the idea go using the sewers to effect an immediate escape from the area, then moving to Mr Clean's safe house. However, I don't know if there is time to fully scout out an escape path that way. Niles can do it but would like someone (preferably someone who can move quietly and see in the dark) to come with him. Maybe Blitz, as the idea of finding bugs down there is somewhat worrying.
I am working on a list of gear I would like, but I lack the contacts to find most of it in a hurry.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

"If I can get the packages on my back and make it out of the building, nothing short of a spirit or flying drone can catch me, and I have a plan to take care of the second." Niles explains the idea of using the sewers as an immediate escape route. "Getting out of the building would be as simple as blowing a window, glueing an anchor point to the floor, and fast roping down." He shrugs, "The rest of you chaps would be somewhat hard pressed to follow me, so some clever way to get you out would need to be figured out. However, I think I would be able to pull a good bit of the heat off of you with my dramatic exit."

Niles pauses and takes a long pull off of his drink. He is becoming more used to talking to others again. "Now, to pull this off we still need a way to get into the building, and that is somewhat beyond by expertise, however, perhaps the poorly secured side area of the building might offer a possibility."

He pulls from his drink again. "If we want to pursue the sewer idea, I will need to scout it out first. Normally I prefer to stalk alone, but there are rumors of bugs or other such nasties down there." He looks at Blitz, "Care for an after dinner trip into the depths? I would assume you would able to deal with anything beyond the physical."

Not sure how Clean's tactics rolls will play into this, but I am really up for any reasonable plan. I do worry about the fast time frame, there isn't time for a ton of prep and scouting.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

my silence has been because i'm waiting on The Bible to get me some info back on those tactics rolls and the fact I just started on a construction job this monday and thats having me knocking out early. I ahve a hilarious plan in mind i told atlatl on irc but i need to do some IC digging to make sure the information supports this plan. And its gonna cost but its gonna be cool as poo poo.

Look, so long as I get to jump out of a 13th story window and land on a guard to break my fall I am down with whatever. I also kinda wanna kill dudes in a sewer so let's work that in too. These games seem to die during planning so let's get the motherfucker rolling.

That being said, I am flying west to east tomorrow so I am going to be spotty on updates but will do want I can.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

Letting Blitz speak his piece, then chiming in. "A clean job is ideal, but unlikely. I wouldn't be here if Mr Kim thought there was a chance of that, assuming he knows what he is doing. I do two things well, hunting and running. Why would he bring me on if he didn't think one of the two would be nessary? I think our best chance is to get in clean as possible and get out under the cover of a good diversion. If I can get the package into the sewers I assure you that no one who followers me there is going to come out alive."

"The problem as I see it, is finding the location of targets one and two, and getting into the building with enough time to secure them. I could carry the entire 50kg casing with out issue, but the bulk would slow me down to an unacceptable level. If we don't have time to remove target one from the housing, I would need to almost immediately turn it over to someone if I were to engage our pursuers in the sewer." Niles pauses to take another drink and looks off into the middle distance, you get the idea that he would like few things more then the chance to hunt a HTR team in a dark sewer.

"Before we go any further, we should decide if target two is worth pursuing. Any cover that gets us access to a mainframe is unlikely to provide access to an executive office, but again, this is outside of my area of expertise. "

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick

Niles listens to Mr Cleans, plan nodding in agreement. "My problems are two, neither deal breakers. One, we fragment the team that much, we risk getting someone getting in trouble and being too cut off to be rescued without endangering the mission. If we do this, time to talk about expectation of rescuer and what acceptable personal risk is." "Two, I don't like the idea of holding up that close, I vote we plan on using the sewers. Almost all their advantages disappear once we get underground. Were I playing to draw, I could keep a team down there running in circles for hours. With some prep and some additional firepower, it would be like hunting lion over bait. "

"As for gear, most if what I need is reasonable common climbing gear, I just would rather not burn a fake sin to buy it. Some spray glue and grenades to rig traps in the sewers with would be nice, but not essential. I can provide a list tomorrow morning."

so, tomorrow I am driving for like 9 hours during the day. Should be able to post after 10pm Central. I will be free moats of Sunday night and next week for when. If the rest of you want to play this out Saturday, let me know and I can plan a few stops to post.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Niles would like the following:

4 x Glue Sprayers
2 x Glue Solvents

1 x Gas Mask

1 x Rappelling Gloves
1 x Grapple gun w/ 300m of microwire

1 x Medium sized hiking pack
2 x Dwarf sized ballistic plates, to fit in pack

1 x Micro Flare Launcher w/ 6 flares
6 x Smoke Grenades
6 x Pepper Punch Grenades

2 x Thermite burning bar

Most of this stuff I want to use to prepare a set of escape routes in the sewers. Niles doesn't have the skills for any elaborate boobietraps but I think he has enough Survival and Hunting skills to make a few simple traps. His main goal will be to give the illusion of a huge number of traps. The idea being that as soon as the first thermite bar tripwire goes off, his pursuers will be forced to slow down and examine every random piece of random monofilament he has glued across a hallway.

In the interest of time we dont have to play out the sewer exploration and stuff and just make some rolls, but I am fine with playing it out if you prefer. I have today and tomorrow off and can be available whenever works for you.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I am EST but have the next two days off and can post whenever. Other than the sewer prep stuff Niles is ready to roll whenever we start this thing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Cool, the general idea is that the traps are more to delay and funnel pursuers into kill zones. If we end up looking like we need to retreat down thee I can flesh it out a bit.

Niles shows up for the Team B meet a bit early to scope it out. He is wearing his stealth suit and gecko gloves and is carrying the following:

Ares Crusader w/ 4 mags of Stick and Shock

Combat knife strapped to his left leg
Trauma and Stim patches in the right leg pouch

In the backpack he has the armor plates, his large medikit, the gasmask, two leftover grenades, the grapple gun and gloves, the glue sprayer, and has the flare launcher strapped to the side.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Capstick

The wait before the hunt begins was such pleasurable agony. All the planning and prep behind, only waiting for the break of dawn, or more commonly these days, a coded comlink message. Niles squats quietly in the alley, studying Clean. Behind the flash and pretense there seemed to be a capable and smart runner. His plan seems sound, but the timeline for this run was so compressed, he didn't think a clean job was going to be possible. Part of him relished the idea of what was to come.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
[B]Capstick[b/]

Niles removes his comlink and looks at it, puzzled. He taps it gently and puts it back on. "Hey Clean, any idea what that bird was trying to say? Or is my com buggered?"

did I miss a joke?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

Sorry, was at the DMV all morning, I think the sewers would be a fine way to get in if we can.
I am fine with taking Clean's roll if that is ok. I wish there was a way to set up an alert for a specific thread.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

Sneaking in the back door: 16d6t5 4

Niles triggers the stealth suit and slips into the back door.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

What are the ceilings like in here? Do they look like they will bear my weight?

[I'm in. Rigged, can you make sure this door can't be locked behind us? Or failing that spoof the censors and I can give the lock a shot of glue to jam it.]

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

Niles activates the gecko gloves and attaches himself to the ceiling. Once settled he waits for Clean to follow him in.

[I figured they might have away to auto close it if the building goes into lock down and I rather prefer as many potential exits as possible but understand you might be a tad busy]

The Bible posted:

This is state-of-the-art material in the 2070's. It would hold your car with no trouble.

Some kinda cyber-drop-ceiling? ;)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Sounds good to me, assuming you think anyone is going to buy Niles as being a security guy. He could always take the stairs, assuming there are some and you can get the doors open. That way he could prep the charge on the window and set good anchor points for the escape.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

For Reference:

If there was a way to take the stairs up the Nile's would do that, stopping at the 13th floor and waiting for everyone else to arrive via the elevator. When he gets word that everyone has arrived he first listens at the door, then, if he hears nothing, opens it a slit and looks out:

Audio Check: 9d6t5 1
If he hears anything then I want to use Select Sound Filter to try and get more info. At least I didn't glitch

Visual Check: 8d6t5 3
Cycling through low-light and thermo vision.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

He can, but there are a number of locked doors on the way. He could try to pick the locks, or have Rigged Deck unlock them. There are only two. One on the door to the stairwell, and one on the door to the 13th floor, which appears to be maglocked.

Rigged, can you do this on top of your other matrix stuff? I have a Maglock pass key but if you are already in...

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Capstick
Edge 4/5

[Rigged, if you can deal with the drones then I can take out the guards and let the rest of you in.]

Do I need to try to get past the staircase maglock or has Rigged done that? If so, what do roll to use my passkey? Page 363 talks about Locksmith+Agility but it, of course, doesn't mention how a passkey adds to the roll.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

bunnielab posted:

Capstick
Edge 4/5

[Rigged, if you can deal with the drones then I can take out the guards and let the rest of you in.]

Do I need to try to get past the staircase maglock or has Rigged done that? If so, what do roll to use my passkey? Page 363 talks about Locksmith+Agility but it, of course, doesn't mention how a passkey adds to the roll.

Re-posting this. Can I get access to the floor myself or can Rigged open the door for me?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
Ok, cool. To make sure we are all on the same page. As I understand it, everyone else is in the security lobby hiding behind a desk and the two guards are MIA but somewhere on the floor where we can hear them? Where is the stairwell in relation to the Lobby and the bathrooms?

I have some ideas but want to make sure I have the lay of the land right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

bunnielab posted:

Capstick
Edge 4/5

For Reference:

If there was a way to take the stairs up the Nile's would do that, stopping at the 13th floor and waiting for everyone else to arrive via the elevator. When he gets word that everyone has arrived he first listens at the door, then, if he hears nothing, opens it a slit and looks out:

Audio Check: 9d6t5 1
If he hears anything then I want to use Select Sound Filter to try and get more info. At least I didn't glitch

Visual Check: 8d6t5 3
Cycling through low-light and thermo vision.

Ok, then I proceed with this plan. Unless you want me to reroll, which I would gladly do.

• Locked thread