Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Za Rodinu! More grognard games for the LP forum! Only going to observe from the peanut gallery, but I like this already. I've had the VASSAL module and the printed out rulebook sitting in my desk forever, so I'm looking forward to following along and learning how to play as well.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Tevery Best, small thing, but could you include the turn and the date represented on every post? I sometimes get lost as to what date the game is already on.

And does 3rd Byelorussian SHOCK ARMY have a (flavor) commander yet? My username-sake would like to claim it ...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tevery Best posted:

I think Gradenko wanted it, though, but got confused with the 3rd. If he clarifies, he gets first dibs.

Oh! Oh yes, I mixed that up. I will report to the 1st Byelorussian, tovarisch :)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Green Wing posted:

In an effort to understand this thread a little more, I checked out the rulebook at GMT games. I don't understand this at all! Units can only trace towards a city to their west as Axis, and east as USSR? Doesn't this mean every Axis unit that is to the east of a German city at the start of the game is out of supply?

A unit needs to be within 4 hexes of an "overland supply source"
The path traced by the 4 hexes can be of any direction

An overland supply source is either the edge of the map, or a city that is within supply
A city needs to be able to trace a path to the map edge to be considered within supply
The path traced by the city to the map edge can be of any length, but only going westwards (from the city to the edge) for the Axis, or eastwards for the Soviets

So:
[Western Map Edge] --- any length path --- [City] --- 4 length path --- [Unit]

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Tevery, you can't just drop a line like "won a Sudden Death on turn 6" without telling us about it!

Also, with the permission of STAVKA, I would like to request permission to take command of the new Don Front

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fangz posted:

I do like that we have a battle taking place next to Voronezh, by the Don, and the Don and Voronezh fronts are exactly those fronts we withdraw away from that battle...

The Don Front is simply practicing maskirovka, comrade!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

I know you've been doing it for a while now, but that faux-Cyrillic looks awesome :allears:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Omobono posted:

You gotta be loving kidding me.
- OKH, Oct 1941-May 1945

AceRimmer posted:

Or they do such a good job delaying the inevitable that a single B-29 appears above Berlin... (there was some great wargame that told you that in the ending text if you won the Bulge as the Germans IIRC)

Panzer General did this: the time limit on the Washington DC scenario was essentially a race to capture the capitol before your army was nuked. The minor victory's text explains that while the Reich was able to force the Americans to an armistice, you as the player were unfortunately caught in the blast and killed. In the sequel, you have to literally capture the Oak Ridge research installation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fangz posted:

Remember that Churchill was planning on anthrax bombing central Europe if the Normandy landings failed.

Operation Vegetarian was if the Germans ever tried chemical or biological warfare

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Its ever such a difficult balancing act. Piss off Hitler too much and I'm dead, stick around too long and I miss my chance, not do enough and off to the gulags for me. If only there was some good historical precedent for defecting rulers, other than The Boss at the start of MGS3.

There is a game about this:
http://www.rodvik.com/rodgames/STAVKA-OKH.html

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can I vote for C... ? :allears:

If not, then ##vote sandman

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cap us off with a victory condition blurb?

Thanks for the great LP regardless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for that fantastic send-off, Tevery!

• Locked thread